Mario and Luigi series

This is the place for video games!

What is/are your favorite Mario and Luigi game?

Mario and Luigi superstar saga (gba)
32%
Mario and Luigi partners in time (ds)
16%
Mario and Luigi bowsers inside story (ds)
23%
Mario and Luigi dream team bros (3ds)
19%
Mario and Luigi paper jam bros (3ds)
10%

Total votes: 31
Thundaga_T2
Ripper II
Ripper II

Re: Mario & Luigi Series

Postby Thundaga_T2 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:45 pm

Shocker wrote:So, what do you think the next move for the series is? We have a clear pattern of new protagonists and locations that aren't normally featured, so there's plenty of options! I have a few personal ideas.
  • Mario & Luigi: Pretty in Pink- The Bros. team up with Princess peach in some new location. Like the Beef Kingdom.
  • Mario & Luigi: Extended Family- In an unprecedented party of four (IDK how it'd work, most likely only three of them), Wario and Waluigi join the Brothers.
  • Mario & Luigi: Egg-cellent Adventure- YOSHI FOR THE WIN
I'd actually like to see Peach join the fray, she could have some interesting magic based moves.

However the Wario & Waluigi one, if they should appear in the series, I think they'd be better off as villians rather than protagonists. Perhaps they could do something similar to Paper Mario TTYD where you can periodically play as them. But as main characters, I don't think they fit.

Yoshi could work though, though I'm having trouble picturing him being anything other than a powerup mount (at least in battle).

Shocker
Spiny
Spiny

Re: Mario & Luigi Series

Postby Shocker » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:51 pm

Thundaga_T2 wrote:
Shocker wrote:So, what do you think the next move for the series is? We have a clear pattern of new protagonists and locations that aren't normally featured, so there's plenty of options! I have a few personal ideas.
  • Mario & Luigi: Pretty in Pink- The Bros. team up with Princess peach in some new location. Like the Beef Kingdom.
  • Mario & Luigi: Extended Family- In an unprecedented party of four (IDK how it'd work, most likely only three of them), Wario and Waluigi join the Brothers.
  • Mario & Luigi: Egg-cellent Adventure- YOSHI FOR THE WIN
I'd actually like to see Peach join the fray, she could have some interesting magic based moves.

However the Wario & Waluigi one, if they should appear in the series, I think they'd be better off as villians rather than protagonists. Perhaps they could do something similar to Paper Mario TTYD where you can periodically play as them. But as main characters, I don't think they fit.

Yoshi could work though, though I'm having trouble picturing him being anything other than a powerup mount (at least in battle).
That PMTTYD thing gave me an idea. I know you were talking about the scenes between chapters, where you'd play as Peach and Bowser, but you reminded me of the partners system. Given the 3DS dual screens, the lower screen could allow you to choose which two party members appear at any given time. Each game has up to six special overworld moves, which would be one for each combo (Mario x Luigi, Mario x Wario, Mario x Waluigi, Wario x Luigi, Wario x Waluigi, Luigi x Waluigi). To take it a step further:
  • Spin Jump - Luigi and Waluigi
  • High Jump - Mario and Wario
  • Mole Luigi - Mario and Luigi
  • Mini Mario - Wario and Waluigi
  • Bros Ball/Fire Run (Speed move) - Luigi and Wario
  • Electroshock (move statically) - Mario and Waluigi

Return to “Video Games”