Saddest moments in video games

This is the place for video games!
Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Saddest moments in video games

Postby Artemis008 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:09 pm

Title says it all, what was your saddest experience with a video game?
The ending to Witch's House made me wish I hadn't solved all those puzzles or won those chase sequences, it was just so heart breaking.
Now it's your turn.
Go

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.

Spoiler: show
I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

hyper
Spiny
Spiny

Re: Saddest moments in video games

Postby hyper » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:10 pm

the cake was a lie
Last edited by hyper on Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stupid snail.

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg

Postby HeroLinik » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:17 pm

If I do recall correctly, there may be a similar topic on this. It's here, but I may be mistaken.

But as for me, the ending of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2. The game is so good with allowing you to have an emotional bond with your character, and it all goes when you find out that you can't exist anymore. The ending nearly made me tear up. As well as this, I also nearly teared up during the credits of Ocarina of Time 3D: Master Quest, and this is partly because I'd fully completed the game and now had nothing left to do with it aside from restart.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

Mable
Peach
Peach

Postby Mable » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:08 pm

Every time Mario beats one of koopalings or bowser.

YellowMe
Bit
Bit

Postby YellowMe » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:02 pm

In Beyond Two Souls, when Nathan's daughter and wife die in a car crash. He was such a nice and caring character. I was heartbroken when it happened.
Last edited by YellowMe on Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't mind me I'm just furry trash.

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: The goblin uprising is upon us

Postby Waddle » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:33 pm

Could you please put spoilers over these things? Especially since y'all are mainly mentioning deaths of important characters or game endings.

Tango
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Tango » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:01 pm

Undertale
Neutral and Pacifist run, on the ending

Genocide run, on the entire game.

---
Mother 1/2/3
Know the entire story about the series, know that you killed Giygas that was once a big friend of a old ancestral of your family, and that Pokey also died on Mother 3, as long with Lucas' Mom.

---
Donkey Kong 64
Know that Wrinkly is Dead

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy

Postby Aero » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:02 pm

YellowMe wrote:
In Beyond Two Souls, when Nathan's daughter and wife die in a car crash. He was such a nice and caring character. I was heartbroken when it happened.
It wasn't even that sad because you literally never hear of Nathan's family so when you think about it for 2 seconds it becomes kind of cheap emotional tricks (which 95% of that game is). I can't think of a single sad moment in that game that's genuinely sad.
I'd have to say

TLoU Spoiler:
Sarah's death at the beginning of the game (still feel bad event after beating the story 10 times).
and some of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories' endings.

YellowMe
Bit
Bit

Postby YellowMe » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:13 pm

AeroMatter wrote:
YellowMe wrote:
It wasn't even that sad because you literally never hear of Nathan's family so when you think about it for 2 seconds it becomes kind of cheap emotional tricks (which 95% of that game is). I can't think of a single sad moment in that game that's genuinely sad.
I know, I'm a softy. But you gotta admit, the music and the way it's played out is well done. That is the real reason it made my eyes tear up.
Don't mind me I'm just furry trash.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy

Postby Aero » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:56 pm

YellowMe wrote:
I know, I'm a softy. But you gotta admit, the music and the way it's played out is well done. That is the real reason it made my eyes tear up.
The music for the game really does help with the effect, and I'd be lying if I said the music wasn't good. I did kind of get teary eyed the first time I played it though, but if you analyze what's going on for a minute everything seems just plain silly sometimes. Watch some analysis videos, or better yet the Super Best Friends' LP of the game to get where I'm coming from.

Fuyu
Wart
Wart

Postby Fuyu » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:36 pm

At some point OoT's ending made me a little tearie, overall seeing Mido and King Zora sitting there after realizing they won't see Saria and Ruto anymore since their job as Sages prevents them from doing so (even though in the same moment they just pass right above them and do nothing but stare at the horizon from Death Mountain).

Jumping to Shadow of the Colossus, man what a fantastic game.
The ending sadden me, though. The main character got betrayed by the only hope he found in order to wake his girlfriend/friend (?) and got transformed into a baby, only to find out she wakes up seconds after these events.
The Witch's House's endings also made me cry, more so than any other video-game for sure. The game itself doesn't have any story development whatsoever, but the ending up to this day in my opinion holds one of the most, if not the most, plot twists I have ever seen.

Saltlord
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: bruh

Postby Saltlord » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:15 am

The hole Mother 3 is pretty depressing compared to it's prequel and the same goes for it's ending... It's pretty hard to describe it without talking about it's plot. I'll try it:
After you killed your own Brother for the rebirth of the world, it goes under in order to make the rebirth possible and everything turns black...
Wind Waker's and Super Paper Merio's endings were also pretty deep... somehow.

Nintendude678
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Nintendude678 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:08 pm

It's a relatively old game but I guess I'll just put in a spoiler box anyways.
I'd have to say when Snake kills The Boss near the end of MGS3. Man, I definitely almost cried when I first saw that cutscene.

Another one I need to mention is that one scene in Majora's Mask when the little girl in Ikana valley is reunited with her now-human father after you play the song of healing to cleanse him of his gibdo curse. That moment always grips my heart tight when I see it.
"Ima Luigi, number one!"

Dunno what to put here yet, will update later. :P

Suckerman7 GM
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: A Mario Fan

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:24 pm

The saddest moment I've had is that when in Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Kersti sacrifices her Powers to Mario and gets squished to death... I almost cried when I saw that... :(

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:44 pm

The ending of Pokémon Black & White was the most emotional I've ever gotten over an ending. I found it so well written and sad with N's final monologue.

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Украинец

Postby h2643 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:12 pm

Chrono Trigger. And I'm talking about the actual soundtrack - it has a mystery and sad feel to me, especially this one theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_yYFWx8-Mk

Imaynotbehere4long
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:00 pm

Since Linik not only linked to the previous thread but also mentioned Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2, I'm going to repost the part of that game that made me sad (I played the Explorers of Sky version):
After the credits, Dialga uses magic to make your character exist again, squandering what was once a really clever end-game plot twist. It's sad, really; all that hard work to make a powerful ending that sticks with you, and it's completely undone because they wanted to have post-game content. It isn't even good content, since the levels involve the same repetitive stuff you've done throughout the rest of the game, and Sky Peak's "the treasure was the view" reveal was recycled from Fogbound Lake (an earlier level in the same game), making that part of the game more disappointing than anything (especially since Sky Peak is the location the game is named after).
I've decided to cancel SMBXville Under Seige. After my 1st Senior year of college, I realized I wouldn't have enough time to devote to finishing my four-level episode. Apologies to those who cared.
My favorite quote on the entire forum:
mechamind wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:People who think "autistic" is an adjective and not a verb.
You autistic some people so much with that statement.
My SMBX portfolio:
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)
SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Artemis008 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:09 pm

Looking back at Ib,
Mary's death was kinda heart breaking, if not only for her intentions.
I'm just saying, if I were trapped in an art gallery for 300 years with nothing but a headless woman and a bunch of (Creepy) doll's, I would have gone insane as well and might have tried the same thing.

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.

I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:39 pm

PixelPest wrote:The ending of Pokémon Black & White was the most emotional I've ever gotten over an ending. I found it so well written and sad with N's final monologue.
Yeah BW had a surprisingly good plot. Definitely appreciated that. Generation 5 was really good in general.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Cedrik
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Cedrik » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:39 am

My top 2:
2) M&L dream team: Bowser comes to the story and is the final boss.
Antasma is more interesting, because he is new in the game.

1) SMB: ''Thank you Mario, but our princes is in an other castle!'' :troll:

Return to “Video Games”