Unpopular game opinions

This is the place for video games!
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
User avatar
ThePieSkyHigh
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 732
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:03 pm
Flair: "Nothing is impossible!" But I do nothing all day.
Current Project: ☆ Jump up super star! ☆
Chat Username: ThePieSkyHigh
Contact:

Re: Unpopular game opinions

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Tue May 28, 2019 9:14 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:42 am
VanillaDude wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:14 pm
By "sticky", literally I meant that the song became stuck in my head fastly and I listened to it for the first time just some days ago
Oh! Makes sense to me! Megalovania is a catchy song imo
DA DA DA DA DA DA DA, DA DA DA
DA DA DA DA DA DA DA, DA DA DA
DA DA DA DA DA DA DA, DA DA DA

yehs numero 1 song ihn hiztorie
Image
Go check out my levels
Go check out my short stories
You may call me "Pie" if you'd like.

If you want a logo for your episode, go PM AndrewPixel!
Working on: show
Image

A game with a classic selection of world styles, each having 5 levels to play!
Demo is out now! viewtopic.php?f=90&t=22538&p=336507#p336507

I support: show
Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1693
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: Press Start
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars and something else I think
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Unpopular game opinions

Postby Scroll » Fri May 31, 2019 10:17 pm

ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 9:14 pm
FireyPaperMario wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:42 am
VanillaDude wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:14 pm
By "sticky", literally I meant that the song became stuck in my head fastly and I listened to it for the first time just some days ago
Oh! Makes sense to me! Megalovania is a catchy song imo
DA DA DA DA DA DA DA, DA DA DA
DA DA DA DA DA DA DA, DA DA DA
DA DA DA DA DA DA DA, DA DA DA

yehs numero 1 song ihn hiztorie
You're wrong, the number ones are this, this and this one. (very unpopular opinion)

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Luigi
Luigi
Posts: 4897
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in 1993 ^_^
Current Project: As of now: SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis GFXs in SMBX
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: Unpopular game opinions

Postby FireyPaperMario » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:07 am

In my opinion, Ninja Gaiden should of never make the leap from 2-D side scrolling to 3-D!

User avatar
iluvcats99
Goomba
Goomba
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 23, 2019 12:23 am
Flair: That one crazy Touhou fan
Chat Username: iluvcats

Re: Unpopular game opinions

Postby iluvcats99 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:52 pm

I don't get why some people love Twilight Princess. Don't get me wrong, I actually like the game, it's just I didn't enjoyed it as much as some other Zelda games.

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Luigi
Luigi
Posts: 4897
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in 1993 ^_^
Current Project: As of now: SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis GFXs in SMBX
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: Unpopular game opinions

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:59 pm

iluvcats99 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:52 pm
I don't get why some people love Twilight Princess. Don't get me wrong, I actually like the game, it's just I didn't enjoyed it as much as some other Zelda games.
Because the Gamecube/Wii game was rated T? Besides, I too kinda like TP, but find Wind Waker more enjoyable. :roll:

User avatar
iluvcats99
Goomba
Goomba
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 23, 2019 12:23 am
Flair: That one crazy Touhou fan
Chat Username: iluvcats

Re: Unpopular game opinions

Postby iluvcats99 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:19 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:59 pm
iluvcats99 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:52 pm
I don't get why some people love Twilight Princess. Don't get me wrong, I actually like the game, it's just I didn't enjoyed it as much as some other Zelda games.
Because the Gamecube/Wii game was rated T? Besides, I too kinda like TP, but find Wind Waker more enjoyable. :roll:
No, not because the game is rated T. It's just because I didn't get into it. I do however enjoyed some of bosses in this game and Midna is a great character.

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Luigi
Luigi
Posts: 4897
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in 1993 ^_^
Current Project: As of now: SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis GFXs in SMBX
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: Unpopular game opinions

Postby FireyPaperMario » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:25 pm

I think the popular Nintendo Switch game, Super Mario Maker 2, is a Big mistake, as I like the extended resources too make very creative levels, BUT is a excuse for maniac-like people to make levels* that were taken out of I WANNA BE THE GUY!


*Haven't played it yet, just saw a Truckload of these crazy levels being showcased on YouTube & Twitter a lot!

User avatar
Matt_The_Slime
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:17 pm
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Thyme Time!
Contact:

Re: Unpopular game opinions

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:04 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:25 pm
I think the popular Nintendo Switch game, Super Mario Maker 2, is a Big mistake, as I like the extended resources too make very creative levels, BUT is a excuse for maniac-like people to make levels* that were taken out of I WANNA BE THE GUY!


*Haven't played it yet, just saw a Truckload of these crazy levels being showcased on YouTube & Twitter a lot!
Then just like...

Don't play those levels
It really isn't that hard
And besides, saying that it's a mistake because "bad peeps make bad levels" is a pretty weak excuse, considering the same thing can be said about SMBX
My Project: Coming Soon!
Image
Image
Image
I support
Spoiler: show
Image
ImageImage Image
Image
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4260
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: Unpopular game opinions

Postby Electriking » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:09 pm

It's a game that lets you make levels, what else were you expecting?
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Luigi
Luigi
Posts: 4897
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in 1993 ^_^
Current Project: As of now: SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis GFXs in SMBX
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: Unpopular game opinions

Postby FireyPaperMario » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:18 pm

Matt_The_Slime wrote: Then just like...

Don't play those levels
It really isn't that hard
And besides, saying that it's a mistake because "bad peeps make bad levels" is a pretty weak excuse, considering the same thing can be said about SMBX

Electriking wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:09 pm
It's a game that lets you make levels, what else were you expecting?
Good point you two! But when I do get the guts to obtain Super Mario Maker 2, I'm gonna take your advice Matt!

User avatar
PrinceApple
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:13 pm
Flair: xander
Current Project: SMB Special Redux (2.0 & 38A)
Chat Username: xander (ugm) #3050

Re: Unpopular game opinions

Postby PrinceApple » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:31 pm

Honestly my only unpopular game opinion is that I think Super Paper Mario is the best Paper Mario game, and that Metroid Fusion is the best Metroid game. I also hate Super Metroid.
My project(s):
Spoiler: show
Image
Projects I support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Luigi
Luigi
Posts: 4897
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in 1993 ^_^
Current Project: As of now: SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis GFXs in SMBX
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: Unpopular game opinions

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:03 pm

PrinceApple wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:31 pm
I also hate Super Metroid.
Why? It's like me saying "I hate Super Mario World" in front of the whole SMBX community!

P.S. I used to think that, until I grew to like it by playing it on actual hardware.

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1743
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: Unpopular game opinions

Postby PopYoshi » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:28 pm

Dynamax Pokemon are the biggest crap error that came to the minds of Gamefreak executives

Added in 19 seconds:
Wait... that's actually a popular opinion
Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
PrinceApple
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:13 pm
Flair: xander
Current Project: SMB Special Redux (2.0 & 38A)
Chat Username: xander (ugm) #3050

Re: Unpopular game opinions

Postby PrinceApple » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:39 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:03 pm
Why? It's like me saying "I hate Super Mario World" in front of the whole SMBX community!

P.S. I used to think that, until I grew to like it by playing it on actual hardware.
It's because the game just seems too 'open' for me. i can see the appeal of that, but you are basically given no direction or whatever. I don't really line it because of that.
My project(s):
Spoiler: show
Image
Projects I support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1743
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: Unpopular game opinions

Postby PopYoshi » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:40 pm

PrinceApple wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:39 pm
FireyPaperMario wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:03 pm
Why? It's like me saying "I hate Super Mario World" in front of the whole SMBX community!

P.S. I used to think that, until I grew to like it by playing it on actual hardware.
It's because the game just seems too 'open' for me. i can see the appeal of that, but you are basically given no direction or whatever. I don't really line it because of that.
And that's why I got stuck after beating the second boss
Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
PrinceApple
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:13 pm
Flair: xander
Current Project: SMB Special Redux (2.0 & 38A)
Chat Username: xander (ugm) #3050

Re: Unpopular game opinions

Postby PrinceApple » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:42 pm

PopYoshi wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:40 pm
PrinceApple wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:39 pm
FireyPaperMario wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:03 pm
Why? It's like me saying "I hate Super Mario World" in front of the whole SMBX community!

P.S. I used to think that, until I grew to like it by playing it on actual hardware.
It's because the game just seems too 'open' for me. i can see the appeal of that, but you are basically given no direction or whatever. I don't really line it because of that.
And that's why I got stuck after beating the second boss
I have beat the game but to me it's just a big eh. Didn't care enough to go for 100%, didn't care enough to play it again, ever.
My project(s):
Spoiler: show
Image
Projects I support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Luigi
Luigi
Posts: 4897
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in 1993 ^_^
Current Project: As of now: SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis GFXs in SMBX
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: Unpopular game opinions

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:24 pm

I think the freaking Square Enix JRPG, Kingdom Hearts, is the most "Man child-ish"* game ever made. Fight me you Disney loving twerps!

*In case ya didn't know, I'm a Disney hater! Let's just say something from the late 2K Decade made hate everything from Disney 24/7

User avatar
Thehelmetguy1
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:33 am
Flair: Embrance the dorkness
Current Project: Storming Area 51
Chat Username: Thg1

Re: Unpopular game opinions

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:38 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:24 pm
I think the freaking Square Enix JRPG, Kingdom Hearts, is the most "Man child-ish"* game ever made. Fight me you Disney loving twerps!
Did you play the game?
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature
Image
Read the worst webcomic on the forums!
My greatest forum achievement:
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Luigi
Luigi
Posts: 4897
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in 1993 ^_^
Current Project: As of now: SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis GFXs in SMBX
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: Unpopular game opinions

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:42 pm

Thehelmetguy1 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:38 pm
FireyPaperMario wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:24 pm
I think the freaking Square Enix JRPG, Kingdom Hearts, is the most "Man child-ish"* game ever made. Fight me you Disney loving twerps!
Did you play the game?
No, I haven't! I was too busy with other JRPGs on the Gamecube & GBA! And besides, I'm proud I never got the chance to play this child's game.

User avatar
Thehelmetguy1
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:33 am
Flair: Embrance the dorkness
Current Project: Storming Area 51
Chat Username: Thg1

Re: Unpopular game opinions

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:32 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:42 pm
Thehelmetguy1 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:38 pm
FireyPaperMario wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:24 pm
I think the freaking Square Enix JRPG, Kingdom Hearts, is the most "Man child-ish"* game ever made. Fight me you Disney loving twerps!
Did you play the game?
No, I haven't! I was too busy with other JRPGs on the Gamecube & GBA! And besides, I'm proud I never got the chance to play this child's game.
A guy that judges a game without even playing it, admits it like it is a completely fine thing to do, and worse yet, is somehow PROUD of this!

Then again, I don't think anything else is to be expected. Try playing the game before trying to give "opinions" on it, and don't instantly hate absolutely everything made by a corporation simply because you don't like the latter. Doing these two honestly just makes you look bad, and doesn't really lead to anything else.
(I don't think you will consider what I said, but then again, you never know until you try it)
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature
Image
Read the worst webcomic on the forums!
My greatest forum achievement:
Spoiler: show
Image


Return to “Video Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests