Page 3 of 4

Re: The most interesting ROM Hack(s) ever

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:14 am
by Quantumenace
This: a parody of bad romhacks. It was made by FPI, well known for his Second Reality Project hacks.



I'm still trying to find video of Vinny's full playthrough. Apparently it got taken down in 2015 due to blah blah copyright.

Re: The most interesting ROM Hack(s) ever

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:43 pm
by FireyPaperMario
Wanna know some interesting ROM hacks I think are the most interesting, Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins ROM Hacks. If there are any!?!
My opinion: show
I would play a "Super Mario Land 2" ROM hack with a custom player sprite. Especially if it's someone like Luigi or Toad!

Re: The most interesting ROM Hack(s) ever

Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:33 pm
by Artemis008
Super Metroid has alot of good hacks, I recently tried GBA style and Justin Bailey both of which are worth trying.

I also found a hack of Doki Doki Panic that adds the SMB2 alterations (mushrooms instead of lamps, shells instead of disembodied heads, etc) into the og disk system classic. Why is this cool? Well, the original game had sram support which fixes my biggest gripe with the original. It might not have a run button which is kinda weird if your used to SMB/SMB3 rules but it's easy to get used to and works very well on mobile devices with touch screens.

Re: The most interesting ROM Hack(s) ever

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:24 am
by Snessy the duck
I've never actually played any ROM hacks before (Although I've thought of doing so at one point) but I've seen a lot of cool SMW hacks on YouTube. Super Mario in The Fragmented Realm seems really interesting, and so does The Frivilous Journey.

Re: The most interesting ROM Hack(s) ever

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:04 am
by Snessy the duck
I don't know if this is the right place to put it, but I'm looking for a music track that's I've heard in a few SMW ROM hacks before, and I really want to use it in a SMBX level. To give you an example of where it's used, it's the track that plays in the SMW Central 8th Annual VLDC entry "Star Hills".

Re: The most interesting ROM Hack(s) ever

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:21 am
by FireyPaperMario
Snessy the duck wrote:I don't know if this is the right place to put it, but I'm looking for a music track that's I've heard in a few SMW ROM hacks before, and I really want to use it in a SMBX level. To give you an example of where it's used, it's the track that plays in the SMW Central 8th Annual VLDC entry "Star Hills".
Guess what, I'll allow it! :D

Re: The most interesting ROM Hack(s) ever

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:31 am
by Snessy the duck
NintendoOtaku93 wrote:
Snessy the duck wrote:I don't know if this is the right place to put it, but I'm looking for a music track that's I've heard in a few SMW ROM hacks before, and I really want to use it in a SMBX level. To give you an example of where it's used, it's the track that plays in the SMW Central 8th Annual VLDC entry "Star Hills".
Guess what, I'll allow it! :D
Great. I still need to find the song though.

Re: The most interesting ROM Hack(s) ever

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:25 am
by Snessy the duck
Okay, I've found out it's an original song composed for the 8th VLDC thanks to a friendly YouTube commenter. Does anyone know where to find an OST of that hack?

Re: The most interesting ROM Hack(s) ever

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:50 am
by RudeGuy
Snessy the duck wrote:Okay, I've found out it's an original song composed for the 8th VLDC thanks to a friendly YouTube commenter. Does anyone know where to find an OST of that hack?
vldc8's soundtrack is here if you want it, however i'm pretty sure that song wasn't made for vldc8.

Re: The most interesting ROM Hack(s) ever

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:07 am
by Snessy the duck
RudeGuy07 wrote:
Snessy the duck wrote:Okay, I've found out it's an original song composed for the 8th VLDC thanks to a friendly YouTube commenter. Does anyone know where to find an OST of that hack?
vldc8's soundtrack is here if you want it, however i'm pretty sure that song wasn't made for vldc8.
What was it made for then? Also, I'd rather have a YouTube video or a MP3 download, as I'm kinda reluctant to go on forums I'm not familiar with.

Re: The most interesting ROM Hack(s) ever

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:24 pm
by RudeGuy
Snessy the duck wrote: What was it made for then? Also, I'd rather have a YouTube video or a MP3 download, as I'm kinda reluctant to go on forums I'm not familiar with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=793G25UDJ1I
i don't know, i haven't found it in vldc7's soundtrack either. maybe you should just ask at smw central.

Re: The most interesting ROM Hack(s) ever

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:32 pm
by Snessy the duck
RudeGuy07 wrote:
Snessy the duck wrote: What was it made for then? Also, I'd rather have a YouTube video or a MP3 download, as I'm kinda reluctant to go on forums I'm not familiar with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=793G25UDJ1I
i don't know, i haven't found it in vldc7's soundtrack either. maybe you should just ask at smw central.
I couldn't find it in that video, maybe that commenter was wrong? Also, do you know what song I'm talking about?

Also, I won't join a forum just to ask a single question.

Re: The most interesting ROM Hack(s) ever

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:34 pm
by Yung Gotenks
I don't reallly play alot of romhacks, so the most intereseting is Mario Adventure. (SMB3 Romhack)

Re: The most interesting ROM Hack(s) ever

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:24 pm
by RudeGuy
Snessy the duck wrote: I couldn't find it in that video, maybe that commenter was wrong? Also, do you know what song I'm talking about?
Also, I won't join a forum just to ask a single question.
yes, he's wrong. that song isn't even a remix of super mario world's grassland song.
anyway, ive decided to ask for you and i found it. it's called "grasslands" and it's from smwcp 1.5.

Re: The most interesting ROM Hack(s) ever

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:38 am
by Snessy the duck
RudeGuy07 wrote:
Snessy the duck wrote: I couldn't find it in that video, maybe that commenter was wrong? Also, do you know what song I'm talking about?
Also, I won't join a forum just to ask a single question.
yes, he's wrong. that song isn't even a remix of super mario world's grassland song.
anyway, ive decided to ask for you and i found it. it's called "grasslands" and it's from smwcp 1.5.
Could I maybe get a direct MP3 download? As I stated earlier, I'm kinda reluctant to go on forums I don't know.

Re: The most interesting ROM Hack(s) ever

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:23 am
by Radiance
Super Mario Star Road (SM64 hack) and Mario Adventure (SMB3 hack) made me play more Mario romhacks because I often play Pokemon romhacks.

Re: The most interesting ROM Hack(s) ever

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:50 pm
by Artemis008
Does anyone here have this rom hack. It looks really cool, but the mediafire link was pulled down. Can somebody pm me the ips patch?

Re: The most interesting ROM Hack(s) ever

Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 9:38 am
by thegameseum
I'm honestly surprised no one has mentioned Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii. It's probably one of the most high-quality NSMBW hacks out there, if not the highest.
Playthrough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kptYnbAVwPc
Website and Download: https://newerteam.com/wii/

Re: The most interesting ROM Hack(s) ever

Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:13 pm
by Scroll
Mario Kart DS Deluxe, it's a MKDS hack adding tracks and features from the newest MK games, I tried it out and it was good but I think it's still WIP (I might be wrong)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9THfedaApvw

Re: The most interesting ROM Hack(s) ever

Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:34 pm
by ThePieSkyHigh
thegameseum wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:38 am
I'm honestly surprised no one has mentioned Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii. It's probably one of the most high-quality NSMBW hacks out there, if not the highest.
Playthrough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kptYnbAVwPc
Website and Download: https://newerteam.com/wii/
Yes, amazing. I Beat it 1 time, almost 2, if I hadn't accidentally deleted the files in the Riivulution folder..

Yikes.
I think theres a hack called SM64: Star Road, correct me if I'm wrong. Pretty neat & complete hack!

Added in 2 minutes 13 seconds:
Radiance wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:23 am
Super Mario Star Road (SM64 hack)
Thats the one!