Payday 2 on Switch Conspiracy Theory

This is the place for video games!
mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: 4 me 2 no, & u 2 find out.
Chat Username: Mariogeek2

Payday 2 on Switch Conspiracy Theory

Postby mariogeek2 » Sat May 20, 2017 9:06 pm

Hey, guys.

So... I'm assuming you've read the title. And you're probably thinking something like, "Oh, Mariogeek2's just going to be fanboying about how Payday 2: Ultimate Edition is the one the switch's getting" or "He's going to be talking about the theoretical Payday 2 amiibo line, which'll obviously never happen". Well, actually, no.

Today I'm going to be talking about something that is a potential game changer, but that I've never actually seen anybody talk about. This could literally be HUGE, but it's something that's so completely out of left field that I'm not suprised there's no discussion, or even an article, about it. And it has to do with Payday 2 on the Nintendo Switch (Obviously). But before I get started, let's discuss what we know about this port so far:

- It will launch with "a huge amount of Payday 2 content".
- It's coming winter of 2017.
- It's being worked on by a separate team.

So basically nothing besides a general release date, some technical info and empty reassurances. Do people hold up high hopes for this port? Not really. But I think this port could hold a deep, well-guarded secret. And I'll explain to you how I came about this conclusion, in the next paragraph.

Starting from the beginning, we have Game Theory's video, Nintendo’s SECRET PLAN for the SWITCH! In this video, we have MatPat explaining how Nintendo may secretly be working on Virtual Reality for the Switch, and has shown some interest in it. Then the Switch launched on March 3rd a day later. 40 days later from that, on April 14th, we have a Nintendo Direct, and in it, they announce the aforementioned port... which, honestly, I doubt anyone was expecting. It's kind of odd, right? Most of the announced games so far have been either indie stuff or Japanese AAA games or Nintendo's own work, hardly any western AAA stuff like 'CoD' or 'Battlefield'. Then comes this game: a distinctly mature, vulgar, online-oriented FPS. Basically everything opposite of Nintendo. And, then, the final clue so far: a PAYDAY VR - Teaser Trailer, posted onto YouTube on May 10th, 26 days later than the Direct. It didn't occur to me at first, but after watching some more theory videos on YT, I got struck with the theorizing fever. You can see where I'm going with this.

I had a thought: What if there was going to be Virtual Reality support for the Nintendo Switch port of Payday 2? I mean, what if, maybe, all of this seemingly unrelated stuff was all tied together, and we didn't know it? Wouldn't that be the most insane thing ever?

Now, obviously, I know this is pretty unlikely. Has Nintendo treated third parties in the past like crap? Yeah. Has Overkill treated their console ports and console players like crap? Definitely. But, have stranger things happened in the world of video games? Abso-frickin'-lutely.

Could you imagine if Nintendo announced the VR headset for the Switch at E3, and Payday 2 was going to be one of the first titles to support this functionality? Gaming journalists and Nintendo fanboys both would flip their lids! The fact that Nintendo, a 'kiddy-friendly' game developer and publisher, and who's generally considered behind everyone else in the gaming world, would be releasing VR support for a mature, western, violent FPS would stun EVERYONE and likely put them back in the spotlight. If this happened, this would be one of those E3s people look back on and say, "Nintendo nailed it. They freaking nailed it!".

So what are your thoughts on this? Am I grasping at straws? Am I being just plain retarded? Or am I some sort of super-genius theorist, deserving of a place among the great YouTube classics like MatPat and Treesicle? Please, let me know in the comments below! Or you could just be a super-mean troll. I can't stop you.
Spoiler: show

Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

BTB
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: reading the mario lore
Chat Username: btb

Re: Payday 2 on Switch Conspiracy Theory

Postby BTB » Sun May 21, 2017 1:19 pm

i really hope they don't put it on nintendo switch, it would probably hurt the reputation of nintendo
Arr matey if ye be interested in joining the big big crew let yer capn' know.

without christ in your life man it's very scary
READ THE BIBLE ONLINE FREE

Happy pirate month!
please call me captain btb

Wind
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: The Second Reality Project X

Postby Wind » Sun May 21, 2017 1:31 pm

yeah, nintendo has to stay pure. no shoots
<bossedit8> abuse nicely

Spinda
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: Spinda

Postby Spinda » Sun May 21, 2017 1:32 pm

Wind
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: The Second Reality Project X

Postby Wind » Sun May 21, 2017 1:32 pm

real talk tho, if nintendo wants to do a vr fps, they'd have to go with metroid for maximum "wow". noone cares about payday
<bossedit8> abuse nicely

thehelmetguy1
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: The Great Empire 69, The Invasion 420, Apocalypse of Foroze 1337
Chat Username: Thg1

Postby thehelmetguy1 » Sun May 21, 2017 1:35 pm

wha...
what the...
fuck...
just...
what the fuck...
I can't believe I haven't thought of this before... Everything makes sense now...
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature

Join my discord server!

BTB
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: reading the mario lore
Chat Username: btb

Postby BTB » Sun May 21, 2017 1:46 pm

why dont they do vr for super mario odyssey? can you imagine seeing through the eyes of mario? now that sounds a little better than running around as a juggalo and robbing the innocent people of america
Arr matey if ye be interested in joining the big big crew let yer capn' know.

without christ in your life man it's very scary
READ THE BIBLE ONLINE FREE

Happy pirate month!
please call me captain btb

Quantix
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Current Project: An Average Adventure

Postby Quantix » Sun May 21, 2017 1:50 pm

BTB wrote:why dont they do vr for super mario odyssey? can you imagine seeing through the eyes of mario? now that sounds a little better than running around as a juggalo and robbing the innocent people of america

wait so what do you see if you save peach then
viewtopic.php?f=69&p=286856#p286855

Generic Quote Collection:
Skant wrote:The egg will fuck you if you don't catch it
rockythechao wrote:f6 is an over-the-counter generic run-of-the-mill store-brand bootleg knockoff f5
some people wrote:The021stYoshiFromThe021stCentury: Who would win, a tophat wearing a tophat, or hoeloe wearing hoeloe?
Hoeloe: yes
glitch4: f6
rockythecomet: that's a trick question
rockythecomet: a top hat wearing a hoeloe
Waffles & Stuff (timocomlita) wrote:No matter what you do, it's impossible to get rid of the impossible.
Petrifying wrote:Piss off with your sex doll SMBX 2.0

Jayce 777
Eerie
Eerie
Current Project: Being dead
Chat Username: Melody of Sorrow

Postby Jayce 777 » Sun May 21, 2017 3:01 pm

Hell, the Wii U had Resident Evil Revelations. I played it all the time. But seriously, WHAT THE HECK IS PAYDAY!?
I'm more active on Discord than this forum. You can catch me there.
If you spam my DMs I'll blow yours up

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Unknown
Chat Username: Chat Username

Postby Mable » Sun May 21, 2017 3:47 pm

Jayce 777 wrote:Hell, the Wii U had Resident Evil Revelations. I played it all the time. But seriously, WHAT THE HECK IS PAYDAY!?

PAYDAY 2 is an action-packed, four-player co-op shooter that once again lets gamers don the masks of the original PAYDAY crew – Dallas, Hoxton, Wolf and Chains – as they descend on Washington DC for an epic crime spree.

And a lot of DLC content.
"All I had were questions. But questions get you killed."

mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: 4 me 2 no, & u 2 find out.
Chat Username: Mariogeek2

Postby mariogeek2 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:50 am

BTB wrote:why dont they do vr for super mario odyssey? can you imagine seeing through the eyes of mario? now that sounds a little better than running around as a juggalo and robbing the innocent people of america

Because that's extra development work and time. And time = money. Why put in extra work when you can just let Overkill do the work for you? Also, I imagine the platforming would be infuriating in first person.

Jayce 777 wrote:But seriously, WHAT THE HECK IS PAYDAY!?
Basically a First Person Shooter that allows you to rob banks (And some other stuff, like meth labs, rigging elections, etc) with friends or bots. Imagine the bank robbery scene from the Dark Knight, except without the joker. That's PayDay in a nutshell.

Wind wrote:real talk tho, if nintendo wants to do a vr fps, they'd have to go with metroid for maximum "wow". no one cares about payday
And you honestly expect Nintendo to treat Metroid like anything other than a piece of crap? Hah. No, seriously, though. My head would explode if Nintendo announced that

And there are definitely people who still care about payday:
http://steamcharts.com/app/218620

Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Unknown
Chat Username: Chat Username

Postby Mable » Mon May 22, 2017 11:27 am

mariogeek2 wrote:And you honestly expect Nintendo to treat Metroid like anything other than a piece of crap? Hah. No, seriously, though. My head would explode if Nintendo announced that

They don't treat it like a piece of crap.. metroid g
has a lot of good games.

The bad side of Payday is the huge amount of dlc. You could play without them, but most of the cool heists is locked behind a dlc wall and not everyone is a fan of that. Now imagine how much you would pay for the switch plus payday plus dlc?

Also how are the controls even gonna work? They easy on pc but on the switch?
Last edited by Mable on Mon May 22, 2017 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"All I had were questions. But questions get you killed."

MarioRPGExpert93
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: "Sega Genesis" style Mario sprites for SMBX! ^^
Chat Username: PaperWilliam

Postby MarioRPGExpert93 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:32 am

I'll take what Mable was saying is: Avoid Payday 2!
Mario RPGs I owned: 08/12

Main Goals in Mario RPGs:

• 100% Paper Mario Sticker Star
  • Complete Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
  • Master Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door in a Danger Mario Run
  • Master all Bros. Attacks in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
  • Collect all 256 cards in Super Paper Mario
  • 100% Paper Mario 64
  • Play through Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door in a BP only run
My sprite art: http://paperwilliam.deviantart.com/
TSR: PaperWilliam 8-)
I have Autism & ADHD