Total votes: 27
DJFMHD
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: Life
Chat Username: What do you think

Favorite and Least Favorite Mario Party [Poll]

Postby DJFMHD » Wed May 31, 2017 2:44 pm

There already is a Mario Kart and Mario RPG one so why not Mario Party. I made it so there is 3 you can choose for people who can't decide.
My favorites:
Mario Party Advance
Mario Party 3
Mario Party Star Rush

My Worst:
I have yet to find a bad one but people say Mario Party: Island Tour is crap.
Last edited by DJFMHD on Wed May 31, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get Streets of Rouge On Steam.
And if you don't feel like paying get the free and not up to date version on GameJolt.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
I Support: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
'But I don't know what to do with those tossed salads and scrambled eggs. They're callin' again"
"Do you want to join my free gift card giveaway."-Durv

MarioRPGExpert93
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: "Sega Genesis" style Mario sprites for SMBX! ^^
Chat Username: PaperWilliam

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite Mario Party [Poll]

Postby MarioRPGExpert93 » Wed May 31, 2017 2:51 pm

Mario Party 3 FTW!!!
Mario RPGs I owned: 08/12

Main Goals in Mario RPGs:

• 100% Paper Mario Sticker Star
  • Complete Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
  • Master Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door in a Danger Mario Run
  • Master all Bros. Attacks in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
  • Collect all 256 cards in Super Paper Mario
  • 100% Paper Mario 64
  • Play through Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door in a BP only run
My sprite art: http://paperwilliam.deviantart.com/
TSR: PaperWilliam 8-)
I have Autism & ADHD

Electriking
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: Mushroom Kingdom Massacre
Chat Username: Electriking

Postby Electriking » Wed May 31, 2017 3:11 pm

9 and Island Tour as they are the only ones I have played much.
This is some serious shit! The FCC have voted to repeal NET neutrality, but you can still help state a disapproval if you are American:

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.battleforthenet.com][img]https://www.battleforthenet.com/images/banner/728x80.png[/img][/url]

Edit signature
YOUR SIGNATURE WILL APPEAR LIKE THIS IN POSTS
Join my Discord server here (assuming the FCC twats decide to let it continue to live, of course): https://discord.gg/3S64gwq
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.

Literally me when I read that post lol

The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?

WARNING: Quill is in here: show

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 999 character limit.

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey and Toad's SMB Adventure, Also, The Enemy's Boss Rush(yeah sure)
Chat Username: Mosaic

Postby Mosaic » Wed May 31, 2017 5:46 pm

Mario Party 9, Mario Party 6, And Mario Party 7(I don't have it anymore though)
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

RIP MAFIA, if you still want to play it, then join here --> http://mosaicmafia.prophpbb.com/

My Level Thread

My Projects

It also has a discord server! -> https://discord.gg/XGwG2AK

Contests: show
Contests i'm currently in
TTK's Mountain Level Contest: Level Finished
TTK's Sky Level Contest: Level Finished
Restricted Contest 2: Not Started

Contests I've previously joined
Community Contest 13: 30th Place
Water Level Contest Placed 1st
Community Contest 12 Placed 39th
Underground Level Contest Level Placed 5th
SVLC 2 Placed 7th
Snow Level Contest Level Placed 5th
and more...

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.

Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

Pseudo
Tellah
Tellah
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:07 am

For me:

- Mario Party 1 is just OK, and clearly unrefined in its design.
- 2 & 3 are the best in pretty much every respect, 3 is my personal favorite but I think 2 is a bit better balanced and designed. These two are undoubtedly the high point in the series for me though.
- 4 is still good because it uses most of 3's gameplay style, but the mini-games aren't that great and it the mini and mega mushrooms are kind of dumb.
- 5 has really good mini-games and a lot of cool concepts, but the Bowser space became stupid (with the event that causes you to straight up lose a star) and so did the items, being completely RNG based in this game.
- 6 was alright, but I'm not a fan of board gimmicks in general and the maps are tiny for some reason. It does have some really good mini-games though.
- In 7, the last remnants of the old republic were swept away with the complete removal of Boo (which is one of the great salt-inducing mechanics of gaming history) as well as a lot of dumb mini-games. It fixed none of 6's problems and added Bowser Time, which is a very poorly designed mechanic.
- 8 is the low point of the series for me, it runs like garbage on the Wii at like 20 frames per second for some reason and the mini-games are early Wii era motion control trash. Flip the Chimp is one of the most infuriating "games" I've ever attempted.
- DS is actually a lot of fun, the mini-games are great, Download Play is fantastic and it fixes most of the issues that I have with 6 and 7 (namely, the lack of good Bowser spaces and random item generation, which still exists for the traps but thankfully not for properly usable items, which can be purchased strategically, and board gimmicks are toned down a lot and follow the general framework of 20 coins for a star). Also, Download Play.
- 9 is weird, and I don't really like comparing it to the rest of the series. The mini-games are really great, but they don't come up often and the car mechanics are very dumb in general.
- I haven't played either 10 or the two 3DS games.
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
previously Pseudo-dino but you probably guessed that yourself

come visit my YouTube channel, where I play games (including smbx)

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

My Switch friend code: 1353 - 7698 - 1308 (add me!)

so... i'm actually a girl

DJFMHD
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: Life
Chat Username: What do you think

Postby DJFMHD » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:23 am

Pseudo wrote:For me:

- Mario Party 1 is just OK, and clearly unrefined in its design.
- 2 & 3 are the best in pretty much every respect, 3 is my personal favorite but I think 2 is a bit better balanced and designed. These two are undoubtedly the high point in the series for me though.
- 4 is still good because it uses most of 3's gameplay style, but the mini-games aren't that great and it the mini and mega mushrooms are kind of dumb.
- 5 has really good mini-games and a lot of cool concepts, but the Bowser space became stupid (with the event that causes you to straight up lose a star) and so did the items, being completely RNG based in this game.
- 6 was alright, but I'm not a fan of board gimmicks in general and the maps are tiny for some reason. It does have some really good mini-games though.
- In 7, the last remnants of the old republic were swept away with the complete removal of Boo (which is one of the great salt-inducing mechanics of gaming history) as well as a lot of dumb mini-games. It fixed none of 6's problems and added Bowser Time, which is a very poorly designed mechanic.
- 8 is the low point of the series for me, it runs like garbage on the Wii at like 20 frames per second for some reason and the mini-games are early Wii era motion control trash. Flip the Chimp is one of the most infuriating "games" I've ever attempted.
- DS is actually a lot of fun, the mini-games are great, Download Play is fantastic and it fixes most of the issues that I have with 6 and 7 (namely, the lack of good Bowser spaces and random item generation, which still exists for the traps but thankfully not for properly usable items, which can be purchased strategically, and board gimmicks are toned down a lot and follow the general framework of 20 coins for a star). Also, Download Play.
- 9 is weird, and I don't really like comparing it to the rest of the series. The mini-games are really great, but they don't come up often and the car mechanics are very dumb in general.
- I haven't played either 10 or the two 3DS games.

You played so many.
Get Streets of Rouge On Steam.
And if you don't feel like paying get the free and not up to date version on GameJolt.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
I Support: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
'But I don't know what to do with those tossed salads and scrambled eggs. They're callin' again"
"Do you want to join my free gift card giveaway."-Durv

Pseudo
Tellah
Tellah
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:31 pm

Mario Party 4 was the first game I ever played so, well, I've had a lot of experience. Pretty much my go-to multiplayer game when my friends are too tired for Smash or Mario Kart.
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
previously Pseudo-dino but you probably guessed that yourself

come visit my YouTube channel, where I play games (including smbx)

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

My Switch friend code: 1353 - 7698 - 1308 (add me!)

so... i'm actually a girl

Snessy the duck
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: idk lol

Postby Snessy the duck » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:30 pm

Just a heads up Pseudo, you're probably better off skipping Island Tour, since that game is total crap, just sayin'.

The worst one for me is easily Island Tour, since all the boards have unnecessary and annoying gimmicks (Like a lot of early 1st party 3DS games like Yoshi's New Island and PM: Sticker Star) and the most classic MP faithful stage isn't even that good to begin with.
I'm da' coolest duck around!

This is some serious shit! The FCC have voted to repeal Net Neutrality, but you can still help state a disapproval if you're American.
Spread the word by putting this in your signature:

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.battleforthenet.com][img]https://www.battleforthenet.com/images/banner/728x80.png[/img][/url]

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493.

Check out my Super Duper Awesome Pipeline of levels if ya' like!

My real name is Anton, in case you'd like to know for some reason.

ImageImageImage

Salazzle is my waifu

timocomsmbx2345
Banned
Current Project: i dont even know anymore. . . .
Chat Username: same as my username

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:41 pm

I used to play Mario Party 2, 6, & 8 all the time!
but my copy of mario party 6 got broken.
MEEPYGLOBIX!
SMBX 2.0 β4 is coming!!! How about 2.0 β5?
ImageImage
ImageImage
Meepyglobix wrote:DON'T SAY "38A??". OR I'll SHOOT YOU.

subscribe to my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXiRe8 ... Z-jxJnpW9Q
I have discord server if anyone wants to check it out. https://discord.gg/9Pb9Tc
CHECK THIS OUT!!! http://timocomlita.prophpbb.com/
Spoiler: show
Image Thanks Pixelpest!!!!

Vortex-Forces
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Vortex-Forces » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:44 pm

Mario Party 1-8 and DS: All of these games had awesome, strategy-reliant boards and creative and fun mini-games that made many players want to be the superstar. Some of these Mario party games also had great stories too.

Mario Party Island Tour: The boards have individual movement, making it an improvement over Mario Party 9. Unique Rules in each board are also quite interesting.

Mario Party The Top 100: It remastered some mini-games from each of the 10 home console Mario Party titles, but has a limited character selection  and a pitiful attempt to revive the good old boards (Mini-Game Match). It's a good early celebration of the series' 20th anniversary, too.

Mario Party Advance: The game itself isn't bad, and the mini-games aren't half-bad. In fact, the mini-games (Single-Player & Duel) were the best part. However, the game only has 4 characters (Mario, Luigi, Peach, & Yoshi) and mainly focused on the Shroom City mode, which didn't feel like Mario Party at all. The lone idea of Mario Party on the GBA isn't a bad one, but the aforementioned way it was handled made it a bad one. It proved that Hudson Soft wasn't perfect during it's time with the series.

Mario Party 9: This game made unnecessary changes to the board formula and  looks like a rip-off of The Game of Life. It also uses generic Mario elements as opposed to be creativity the 8 games before it have emphasized on. The only enjoyable part about the game are the mini-games.

Mario Party 10: Basically Mario Party 9 but on the Wii U. You can't use the gamepad if you want to play Single Player and amiibo party was a pitiful attempt to revive the old board formula, and you can't access it without an amiibo. Once again, The only enjoyable part about the game are the mini-games.

Mario Party Star Rush: Toad Scramble is clearly limited, Balloon Bash and the Top 100's Mini-game Match are the same pitiful attempts to revive the old board formula. The game is just a mess, except for the mini-games, which were once again the only enjoyable part.

Return to “Video Games”