Yoshis new island:

This is the place for video games!
D4rknova
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Yoshis new island:

Postby D4rknova » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:02 am

Yoshis new island was quite stupid and easy it had the same music and had a sound like something was taking a dump in your microphone. As the main theme the game took me roughly 5 hours to beat i was greatly disappointed. The level design was simple and cheap no doubt that mayamoto had something to do with making it to easy like all the other games he interferes with. eg paper mario sticker star = trash new super mario bros 2 bloody easy. Also with all games he fucks around with he also adds a way to cheat the level if u are a pathetic player that can not play the simplest game design. i died like 6 times it was not hard at all. score i would give it 3 out of 10
I am the real Harley Image
Spoiler: show

Danny
Bowser
Bowser

Re: Yoshis new island:

Postby Danny » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:08 am

Welcome back, Harley!
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Star
Bit
Bit

Postby Star » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:11 am

I have to agree. They were running out of ideas for bosses/the game itself.

I mean. Giant eggs? Seriously?
Thats ALL they can come up with?
The music was awful.
The final boss was just overused and boring. And easy.
The game was really hard to 100% each level. Because of the stars.

The bosses were only larger forms of itself.
Not worth it.
I have stop updating my project. Don't cry though. It's being updated here!

http://smbxuniverse.my-board.org/

D4rknova
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby D4rknova » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:29 am

agreed the bosses wore easy and having kamek as a boss on every world sucked donkey balls and i mean bowser goes through time and space to fight you what kind of plot line is that and the final boss music was rubbish
I am the real Harley Image

SuperWingedYoshi
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby SuperWingedYoshi » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:02 am

D4rknova wrote:...it had the same music and had a sound like something was taking a dump in your microphone.
I'd call the music heavily inspired by Yoshi's Story. But I do have to say that the Yoshis' singing in the Yoshi's Story main menu music was more entertainable than the Yoshis' singing (can you even still call it that way? It doesn't sound like Yoshis at all, more like someone funnily pooping into a microphone) in the Yoshi's New Island main menu music.
the game took me roughly 5 hours to beat...
Feels like that to me too. World 1 took me like half an hour or so. But I'll have to see what the rest of the game will be like.
The level design was simple and cheap...
Cheaper than the original Yoshi's Island at least. It's definitely not the best there is.
NeverEndingGamer wrote:I mean. Giant eggs? Seriously?
Thats ALL they can come up with?
The regular giant egg and the regular metal egg. That's two things, actually. But still very few. (Though, I gotta throw this in, what else would you expect in a Yoshi's Island game?)
The music was awful.
Hey, hey, hey, it's not THAT bad after all. The only strange thing was the main menu music with the "Yoshis' singing" that was included. Other than that, I do like the music so far. I'd say it's on par with the Yoshi's Island DS music.
The game was really hard to 100% each level. Because of the stars.
It feels to me like the stars are actually the easiest part of the 100%ing. Most red coins and flowers are very easy to find, only a few are more or less hidden.
The bosses were only larger forms of itself.
I didn't feel much of a difference between the bosses from the original Yoshi's Island and the bosses in YNI, actually.
Not worth it.
That's your opinion, but it feels a bit too harsh... Yoshi's New Island is a nice game, if you leave out the fact it's meant to be a sequel to the legendary original on the SNES.
D4rknova wrote:having kamek as a boss on every world sucked donkey balls
He's the boss of EVERY 4th level? o.O Woah... then that's quite uncreative...

The probably biggest problem I've had with the game was the storyline. Anyone remember the ending of the original game? Baby Luigi was saved, both him and Baby Mario were brought to their correct parents, and everyone was happy. Now, in Yoshi's New Island, the parents were the wrong ones instead. ALL OF A SUDDEN. I felt like that was just stupid, changing the ending of a game 19 years after its release. And then moving the Yoshis to a new island, but many elements from the original game stay the same. That's my major complaint about the game, actually.
My SMBX project: Yoshi's Paradise!

Projects I support:

Cedrik
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Cedrik » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:17 pm

I have play it.
The levels are easy, but the spezial Levels are hardcore.
And to play it 100% is very, very hard. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
My score:
I give the game 5,5/10p.

Saltlord
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: bruh

Postby Saltlord » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:27 pm

The game was lame and to easy. Remember the 1st Yoshi's Island game? It was hard, had an awesome soundtrack and good level-design. New Island is the opposite.

Return to “Video Games”