Video Game Logics

This is the place for video games!
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
User avatar
ThePieSkyHigh
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 738
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:03 pm
Flair: "Nothing is impossible!" But I do nothing all day.
Current Project: ☆ Jump up super star! ☆
Chat Username: ThePieSkyHigh
Contact:

Re: Video Game Logics

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:14 pm

The fact that Mario can freeze things ICE SOLID out of nowhere by eating an ice flower? he can even fire them under water, so should that freeze the entire lake hes might be swimming in
Image
Go check out my levels
Go check out my short stories
You may call me "Pie" if you'd like.

If you want a logo for your episode, go PM AndrewPixel!
I support: show
Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
GforGoomba
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 571
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:08 am
Flair: It... it worked...
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Fanfic Crossovers

Re: Video Game Logics

Postby GforGoomba » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:46 pm

ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:14 pm
he can even fire them under water, so should that freeze the entire lake hes might be swimming in
That should be a mechanic in future games, make the land above a water level inaccessible unless Mario has a ice flower and clips above the ice
krazykats advice: show
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.
Sign for the Online Creep Abolition Act!

User avatar
Ace
Posts: 570
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:50 pm

Re: Video Game Logics

Postby Ace » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:54 am

Devan2002 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:37 pm
Ace wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:21 pm
But it's not supposed to be logical, it's supposed to be magical
Magic isn't in real life. We just call things that seem magical because it's an event we're not use to seeing either regularly or at a certain frequency.
So, I'd say this thread is for things that are supposed to make sense in-universe following similar logic that we would expect to see in real life. For example, in Call of Duty, you can heal bullet wounds by hiding for a few seconds. That's the kind of stuff this thread is for; stuff that sacrifices realism for gameplay reasons. If something is very clearly meant to be magic, like the magic tunics in Zelda, then it's not 'bad video game logic', it's just magic. There's no reason why Zelda can't have 'actual' magic (which it does). Having magic in your game doesn't really sacrifice realism because it's inherently not something that CAN realistic in the first place, whereas being able to break a 100ft drop by rolling is a much better case.
Image

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5125
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: Nothing atm
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: Video Game Logics

Postby FireyPaperMario » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:02 am

Ace wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:54 am
whereas being able to break a 100ft drop by rolling is a much better case.
I always had this thought about this logic for years

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1653
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: Video Game Logics

Postby Eri7 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:28 am

Why can mario jump so much when he is so fat and how does he consume his power ups, does he eat them?
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1751
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: Press Start
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars and something else I think
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Video Game Logics

Postby Scroll » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:39 am

Eri7 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:28 am
how does he consume his power ups, does he eat them?
Sometimes I ask that myself too.

User avatar
GforGoomba
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 571
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:08 am
Flair: It... it worked...
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Fanfic Crossovers

Re: Video Game Logics

Postby GforGoomba » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:49 pm

Eri7 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:28 am
Why can mario jump so much when he is so fat and how does he consume his power ups, does he eat them?
Mario is skinny fat. If your think hes fat,play Super Sized Mario
krazykats advice: show
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.
Sign for the Online Creep Abolition Act!

User avatar
GforGoomba
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 571
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:08 am
Flair: It... it worked...
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Fanfic Crossovers

Re: Video Game Logics

Postby GforGoomba » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:18 am

The yumyum sauce in Mario Odyssey's Luncheon Kingdom has the same properties as lava
krazykats advice: show
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.
Sign for the Online Creep Abolition Act!

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5125
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: Nothing atm
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: Video Game Logics

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:37 am

In the 1983 arcade game, Mario Bros., angry crabs, flies & turtles can clog up pipes.

User avatar
ThePieSkyHigh
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 738
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:03 pm
Flair: "Nothing is impossible!" But I do nothing all day.
Current Project: ☆ Jump up super star! ☆
Chat Username: ThePieSkyHigh
Contact:

Re: Video Game Logics

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:05 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:37 am
In the 1983 arcade game, Mario Bros., angry crabs, flies & turtles can clog up pipes.
For crabs, flies and turtles to be clogging up a pipe is DISGUSTING. Imagine the amount of flies needed to clog a PIPE!

A donkey monkey chooses barrels as it's main weapon to steal Mario's girlfriend (not even Peach :| )
Image
Go check out my levels
Go check out my short stories
You may call me "Pie" if you'd like.

If you want a logo for your episode, go PM AndrewPixel!
I support: show
Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Devan2002
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 304
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:46 am
Chat Username: Devan2002

Re: Video Game Logics

Postby Devan2002 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:08 pm

In Pokemon, if you don't have a Pokemon who can't use cut, you can't get past a wee tree. Even though you could burn it, crush it, or just squeeze past it. What were they thinking? (Particularly gen 1)
It's kinda sad to see that there aren't many episodes based on Link being the main protagonist. Hopefully I can see more in the future, because LoZ was one of my favorite franchises. ;)
Image

You can always give me ideas on my projects, so don't hold them in.

I am the nerd of video games. :ugeek:
What is my life: show
Image
Supported Projects: show
Image
ImageImage
I support these projects. :mrgreen:
Also, have an adorable image of Budew.
Image
Legend of Zelda X: My project: show
Image

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5125
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: Nothing atm
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: Video Game Logics

Postby FireyPaperMario » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:50 pm

In Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero, the monks in stage 1 set up traps in the Shaolin temples (China) to kill off intruders can fall for their own traps themselves. I mean really!

Did these Shaolin monks ever tried to evade the traps THEY freaking set before Sub-Zero breaks in?!?

User avatar
Devan2002
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 304
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:46 am
Chat Username: Devan2002

Re: Video Game Logics

Postby Devan2002 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:13 pm

In Miitopia, it's possible to have a Mii get in a quarrel with someone, get the angry status, but can still protect the offender if they have the "kind" personality. Or in simple terms, a Mii is protecting someone they're mad at.
It's kinda sad to see that there aren't many episodes based on Link being the main protagonist. Hopefully I can see more in the future, because LoZ was one of my favorite franchises. ;)
Image

You can always give me ideas on my projects, so don't hold them in.

I am the nerd of video games. :ugeek:
What is my life: show
Image
Supported Projects: show
Image
ImageImage
I support these projects. :mrgreen:
Also, have an adorable image of Budew.
Image
Legend of Zelda X: My project: show
Image

User avatar
ThePieSkyHigh
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 738
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:03 pm
Flair: "Nothing is impossible!" But I do nothing all day.
Current Project: ☆ Jump up super star! ☆
Chat Username: ThePieSkyHigh
Contact:

Re: Video Game Logics

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:56 pm

Devan2002 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:13 pm
In Miitopia, it's possible to have a Mii get in a quarrel with someone, get the angry status, but can still protect the offender if they have the "kind" personality. Or in simple terms, a Mii is protecting someone they're mad at.
Have you ever had a sibling? XD
Image
Go check out my levels
Go check out my short stories
You may call me "Pie" if you'd like.

If you want a logo for your episode, go PM AndrewPixel!
I support: show
Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
MegaDood
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1456
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: Video Game Logics

Postby MegaDood » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:06 pm

ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:14 pm
The fact that Mario can freeze things ICE SOLID out of nowhere by eating an ice flower? he can even fire them under water, so should that freeze the entire lake hes might be swimming in
I mean, this is coming from a series where a male dinosaur can produce eggs in a matter of seconds and use them as weapons.
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
ThePieSkyHigh
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 738
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:03 pm
Flair: "Nothing is impossible!" But I do nothing all day.
Current Project: ☆ Jump up super star! ☆
Chat Username: ThePieSkyHigh
Contact:

Re: Video Game Logics

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:26 pm

MegaDood wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:06 pm
ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:14 pm
The fact that Mario can freeze things ICE SOLID out of nowhere by eating an ice flower? he can even fire them under water, so should that freeze the entire lake hes might be swimming in
I mean, this is coming from a series where a male dinosaur can produce eggs in a matter of seconds and use them as weapons.
True, true

Also I liked how you used "male dinosaur". XD adds to your point
Image
Go check out my levels
Go check out my short stories
You may call me "Pie" if you'd like.

If you want a logo for your episode, go PM AndrewPixel!
I support: show
Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7118
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: Video Game Logics

Postby PixelPest » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:41 pm

ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:26 pm
MegaDood wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:06 pm
ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:14 pm
The fact that Mario can freeze things ICE SOLID out of nowhere by eating an ice flower? he can even fire them under water, so should that freeze the entire lake hes might be swimming in
I mean, this is coming from a series where a male dinosaur can produce eggs in a matter of seconds and use them as weapons.
True, true

Also I liked how you used "male dinosaur". XD adds to your point
How do we know Yoshi isn't female?

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5125
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: Nothing atm
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: Video Game Logics

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:26 pm

PixelPest wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:41 pm
How do we know Yoshi isn't female?
Unless Yoshi is actually a secret homosexual dinosaur, since most of us know that Birbo is a dude in Japan

User avatar
PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7118
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: Video Game Logics

Postby PixelPest » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:28 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:26 pm
PixelPest wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:41 pm
How do we know Yoshi isn't female?
Unless Yoshi is actually a secret homosexual dinosaur, since most of us know that Birbo is a dude in Japan
It's completely possible: https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... l-lizards/

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4318
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: Video Game Logics

Postby Electriking » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:15 pm

Is Yoshi even an actual dinosaur?
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF


Return to “Video Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 2 guests