Super Mario Odyssey

This is the place for video games!
thunderlakitu
Swooper
Swooper

Re: Super Mario Odyssey

Postby thunderlakitu » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:15 pm

I been watching gameplays because I'm poor and can't buy a switch, man, what a crazy game is it...
My favorite stuff so far?
Spoiler: show
The freaking boss dragon... the battle is pretty meh, but the design of the boss and the place you fight it, is so cool!!
And the final boss too, I just wish Nintendo made a mario game with harder bosses...

Pseudo
Tellah
Tellah
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:07 am

Noodle wrote:Want some Alpha-Bits? If not, then you will want it even more with the
SUPER!
CEREAL!
PROMOTION!
Enter a code and YOU will have a chance to get
SUPER!
MARIO!
ODYSSEY!
And a NEW NINTENDO SWITCH! BUY ALPHA-BITS NOW!

Please don't make posts like this. Thanks.
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
previously Pseudo-dino but you probably guessed that yourself

come visit my YouTube channel, where I play games (including smbx)

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

My Switch friend code: 1353 - 7698 - 1308 (add me!)

so... i'm actually a girl

MarioRPGExpert93
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: "Sega Genesis" style Mario sprites for SMBX! ^^
Chat Username: PaperWilliam

Postby MarioRPGExpert93 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:42 pm

thunderlakitu wrote:
The freaking boss dragon... the battle is pretty meh, but the design of the boss and the place you fight it, is so cool!!
And the final boss too, I just wish Nintendo made a mario game with harder bosses...

I wouldn't agreed to making the bosses harder thing.... It might not make the game enjoyable as it is right now. :|
Mario RPGs I owned: 08/12

Main Goals in Mario RPGs:

• 100% Paper Mario Sticker Star
  • Complete Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
  • Master Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door in a Danger Mario Run
  • Master all Bros. Attacks in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
  • Collect all 256 cards in Super Paper Mario
  • 100% Paper Mario 64
  • Play through Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door in a BP only run
My sprite art: http://paperwilliam.deviantart.com/
TSR: PaperWilliam 8-)
I have Autism & ADHD

Uzendayo
Grinder
Grinder
Current Project: I don't even know anymore

Postby Uzendayo » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:24 am

Darker side is so easy, beat it on like my 5th try
I placed 18th in CC8,
I placed 8th in CC11, and I
Won 1st in the First Vanilla Level Competition
┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
You might know me as Epoch

STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING

Pop Yoshi Bros
Ninji
Ninji
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Postby Pop Yoshi Bros » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:39 pm

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:
thunderlakitu wrote:

I wouldn't agreed to making the bosses harder thing.... It might not make the game enjoyable as it is right now. :|

They should be hard as hell, Mario bosses aren't nothing more than the easiest and boring thing you'll see where you always have to hit them 3 times to kill them... and don't mention the RPGs bosses, I'm talking about the classic Mario games

Seriously, they should be harder, even Mario Party bosses are more challenging

My project:

Musicality_Minister45
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: Some things, QUALITY JOURNEYS

Postby Musicality_Minister45 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:24 pm

My opinion on this game is that it fells a bit too short, but it still is really good.

Nah it's way too short. Yeah, I have a real pet peeve for long games.
I believe in Redgit as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature

My favorite-est quotes:
Musicality_Minister45 wrote:Any graphics pack that has memes or Pokémon in I'm down for. I love them both! :lol:

Danny wrote:
Ryaa wrote:
xDestroy wrote:top 10 anime betrayals

top 10 top 10s

top 10 dannys in your neighborhood

Comic thread: https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=19880

JOIN THE OFFICIAL QUALITY JOURNEYS DISCORD!!

Electriking
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: Mushroom Kingdom Massacre
Chat Username: Electriking

Postby Electriking » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:38 pm

What they should make for Odyssey 2:

A longer story
An actual penalty for dying (like lives or at least the equivilent of losing one, since odyssey has 1/10 of the traditional death penalty) or make the game harder
Add kingdoms that were missing from the first one like:
  • A ghost kingdom
  • A super mario galaxy kingdom (moon kingdom is not really SMG)
  • A sky kingdom (Cloud kingdom does not count because it it too small)
Luigi as a playable character, and maybe a couple others
Clear pipes
Actual powerups would be cool (though the capture abilty is kind of the power-ups)
Maybe prankster comet type moons (like speedruns, daredevils etc) (though I don't know how you would get that to work)

While the game was great, there was disapointment and does not really exceed expectations. There was definitley stuff missing and they probably should make a sequel that fixes the first games problems and adds things that improve on the core mechanics. The capture abilty should not really be part of all future mario games, as it does take away from the traditional formula of mario games. It should probably stay as a core mechaninc in the Odyssey games if we get more but really it is sort of a mechanc similar to the planets of SMG. I would suppot the 8-bit sidescroller sections being a part of the future of 3D Mario, as should the clear pipes for 3D world. And I really believe we should lose more than 10 coins on death, as I don't feel that loss does much.
This is some serious shit! The FCC have voted to repeal NET neutrality, but you can still help state a disapproval if you are American:

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.battleforthenet.com][img]https://www.battleforthenet.com/images/banner/728x80.png[/img][/url]

Edit signature
YOUR SIGNATURE WILL APPEAR LIKE THIS IN POSTS
Join my Discord server here (assuming the FCC twats decide to let it continue to live, of course): https://discord.gg/3S64gwq
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.

Literally me when I read that post lol

The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?

WARNING: Quill is in here: show

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 999 character limit.

YoGobbaGlobba
Banned

Postby YoGobbaGlobba » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:41 pm

it's awesome.

Pop Yoshi Bros
Ninji
Ninji

Postby Pop Yoshi Bros » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:52 pm

Honestly I was expecting more... Odyssey had his good points but still it's not what many of us were expecting

My project:

DJFMHD
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: Life
Chat Username: What do you think

Postby DJFMHD » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:07 pm

Some ass named their title Super Mario Oddysey (very post game revealing name). Why would you do that when you know that this game has spoilers. And then they also said in the title (spoilers). I hate the internet.
Get Streets of Rouge On Steam.
And if you don't feel like paying get the free and not up to date version on GameJolt.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
I Support: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
'But I don't know what to do with those tossed salads and scrambled eggs. They're callin' again"
"Do you want to join my free gift card giveaway."-Durv

CD20Superness
Swooper
Swooper
Chat Username: CD20Superness

Postby CD20Superness » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:23 am

thunderlakitu wrote:I been watching gameplays because I'm poor and can't buy a switch, man, what a crazy game is it...
My favorite stuff so far?

Me too, i cannot buy a switch, also, SMO is a very great game! I wanna play that awesomeness game! If....... im rich. :D

Pseudo
Tellah
Tellah

Postby Pseudo » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:57 am

I'm nearing the end of the game, and while this is a wonderful game it doesn't quite give me the same sense of amazingness that Galaxy did when I first played it. It does have a lot of super cool ideas of its own though, and from what I hear the postgame is really good.
Love and Tolerance FTW!!

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

Pop Yoshi Bros
Ninji
Ninji

Postby Pop Yoshi Bros » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:26 am

Something I noticed:

I think that wasn't until odyssey we saw the real form of Mario's World (you know, the Odyssey's worldmap)

My project:

Jimmy Joe
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Current Project: Nothing really.
Chat Username: Jimmy

Super Mario Odyssey: My Thoughts and Your Opinions

Postby Jimmy Joe » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:12 pm

Super Mario Odyssey is one of those games that myself and many other people have been waiting since its first showcase back in January (unless you count that one glimpse of it in the Switch reveal trailer last October) and now that's its finally here I feel excited to finally play a fully 3-D sandbox Mario game after such a long time. yes I am aware that this is a bit late and I have also beaten the game up to this point. i just want to give out my overall opinion on the game. You can also state your opinion if you like; not everyone is going to agree on everything I may have to say and that's fine I'm not here to judge other's opinions. Also I am NOT going to post any major spoilers to the endgame/post-game material because nobody wants to be that kind of person. If I do happen to say something that is potentially a spoiler I'l just leave it off at the end and you give upset at me just remember, I warned you.

The Pros:

The Graphics: Of course I'll talk about graphic because EVERYONE cares so much about that. (Too sarcastic? Sorry :oops: ) Anyways, I'm not one to really care about how a game should look, I just want to play a game and have some good ole fun and laughs. The worlds (kingdoms) are so vivid and colorful just like I would imagine a Mario game to be. And that's all I have to say about that.

The Enemies: Not only do you see some of the more common foes from the previous Mario games like Goombas but there's also some new enemies such as these weird plant things called Uproots. Some of them that can be Cap-tured for Mario to solve certain that cannot be solved by his usually moves alone. Speaking of moves...

(Note: I know, the capture pun was cheesy :| )

Mario's Move-set: Some of his most iconic moves are back, i.e. Triple Jump, long jump (my personal favorite), back-flip, dive, etc. but he also has some new moves up his sleeve like rolling AKA the "GOTTA GO FAST!" move or DK's trademarked roll move. I personally found this move to be useful especially in larger areas like the Sand Kingdom. But the best thing about these moves is what kind of tricks you can pull off when you try different moves together in a specific order.

The Kingdoms: Their big, their immersive, their bright and new-ish*, their the thing that makes this game whole. I would love to tell you my favorite kingdom and capture target but their spoilers so I'll just hold that off (I might just put that off to the end.)

Costumes: I never thought I would enjoy a Mario dress-up simulator but do. Plus the fact that each of these references a game of Mario's past adventures and I'm surprised to know most of them somehow. I can't tell you most of them since their spoilers as well, in fact everything may possibly be spoilers as I know it.

Snapshot Mode AKA Snapchat Instagram 2.0: This is something I thought I never wanted before but I've been guilty of making some hilarious pictures of Mario in the more interesting kinds of scenarios. I already have like over 150 photos of this one game alone and it out beats all the other photo albums of my other games including Breath of the Wild. That just shows how much fun I've had.

Your rewarded for breaking the game: Nuff said.

That's all I have to say about the good side of the game. Now for the cons side. (There's not a lot I swear.)

The Cons: "Everybody's a critic." - Squidward

The controls: They were a little loose and very sensitive when I first started playing the game, especially the motion controls. I would often find myself in close call situations because I would almost fumble up on one little mistake, but this is so minor of a detail that I can't consider bad at all. You get used to them after a while.

No Luigi: At least you can cosplay him. Is this good enough?

No Waluigi: Beat ya to it! :D But seriously though this guy...needs a game of his own. Unless you count that Psycho Waluigi game as one but its just a fangame, a fun one at that.

The game constantly teaches you new moves you are already aware of: Cappy does this too sometimes. He may sound like a Navi/Fi but he's not so bad or annoying. There's also the Assist Mode that the game offers you and I can beat 20 bucks some one like this --> :geek: or this--> :ugeek: must have complained about this once. I never found these a big deal sure their annoying to listen to but those you can easily ignore and it doesn't disrupt the game at all.

Human Hands in the tutorials: Why are they so...perfectly proportioned and clean? :shock: Human hands should not look like that.

So many moons: ...Said literally everyone already. I understand there's a lot of moons to collect but what did you expect. Yes some moons are repetitive to collect but no one said you had to catch 'em all.

And that's it. See that wasn't so bad, was it. In fact none of these even matter their just japes. I'm so funny aren't I. :(

Now for my favorites (WARNING: Spoilers. der):

Favorite kingdom - Bowser's Kingdom: The fact that this isn't your average Bowser's lave castle just makes it look way better. The music is catchy and the architecture is so beautiful.
Favorite Capture Target- Pokio: What you thought I would say Yoshi? Sorry he's No. 2. This bird is just so useful especially when climbing just one wall.
Favorite Costume - Mario 64 suit: I would've also said Boxer Mario but that's already been taken by literally everyone. :roll: That's what Nintendo is good at: Nostalgia. But Nostalgia isn't everything of a good game.

Overall I give this game 9.5/10; Why not 10/10? Because perfection is hard to achieve and there is no such thing as a "perfect" game. Plus review scores are sometimes misleading because not everyone will like the same thing and some people just don't have an opinion for everything. The game the great don't get me wrong I just don't believe in perfect scores because well...perfection basically. And I can already tell this game will surely become an all time classic as the years progress. Thanks for reading this ridiculously long review of mine. Hope you all enjoyed the game as well.

TL;DR The games good, it's not perfect but its good. Some pros here some cons there. The cons are japes and blah blah blah some spoilers. Thank you. Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah. (Oops wrong holiday).
"If you lower you expectations a little, you'll avoid a lot of disappointment in the future."

MegaDood
Rex
Rex
Current Project: SMBX Unnamed Project
Chat Username: Mega

Re: Super Mario Odyssey: My Thoughts and Your Opinions

Postby MegaDood » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:21 am

I hope they make DLC for this game, imagine Sarasaland as DLC or Isle Delfino or even Subcon! Probably not Subcon, but hey, how cool would that be?
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Pseudo
Tellah
Tellah

Re: Super Mario Odyssey: My Thoughts and Your Opinions

Postby Pseudo » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:15 am

Merged with the main Super Mario Odyssey thread.
Love and Tolerance FTW!!

- a spam account 2016

Snessy the duck
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: idk lol

Postby Snessy the duck » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:47 am

Just got all 999 moons yesterday, that means I'm pretty much done with the game aside from the Skeleton Suit. Gotta say probably my favourite game ever 10/10 goty fucking amazing game buy it now.
I'm da' coolest duck around!

This is some serious shit! The FCC have voted to repeal Net Neutrality, but you can still help state a disapproval if you're American.
Spread the word by putting this in your signature:

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.battleforthenet.com][img]https://www.battleforthenet.com/images/banner/728x80.png[/img][/url]

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493.

Check out my Super Duper Awesome Pipeline of levels if ya' like!

My real name is Anton, in case you'd like to know for some reason.

ImageImageImage

Salazzle is my waifu

Return to “Video Games”