Around a year ago a user on RHDN uploaded a hack of Megaman the Wily Wars that fixed the games movement delay. It was an awesome hack, but was removed because of a game breaking glitch that froze the game in multiple locations. At least I think that's why it was removed, it sort of just vanished one day. Anyway, I attempted to replicate his/her hack to find out what was wrong and could not get it work. I gave up the project and stuffed it in my archive folders and it sat there for months. Just earlier today however I got the motivation to try again and I found out EXACTLY WHAT WENT WRONG. I figured it out when I attempted to patch the cheat (using GG guy) to a clean rom and got an incorrect checksum. The cheat only works when patched through hex. Sorry if I'm rambling, but this makes me happy beyond words. The hack has no reason not to function properly, but just to be safe I want to bug test it before I upload it to RHDN.
TLDR I fixed the Wily Wars movement delay issues and am extremely overjoyed, but want it bug tested before I upload it to rhdn.
-Sram fix by motzilla
-Movement delay is fixed! Now it plays just like the nes original.
-Bullet speed is 67% faster, also just like the NES originals.
-You can slide in MM1 and MM2
-Magnet beam has 2x as much ammo, I can remove this if you guys don't like it but I thought it was a welcome change.
Patch is here:
https://mega.nz/#!R3JD1CoY!uQ_sCD5P22wQ ... 4D-VZZc23c
If you find a bug, tell me what emulator you were using and how you triggered it. Be as detailed as possible. Patch it to a clean Wily Wars EU rom, and enjoy!