Pokémon Topic

This is the place for video games!
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Re: Pokémon Topic

Postby Artemis008 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:37 am

SinHeartless wrote:I honestly feel that Pokemon games are lacking nowadays. While the series has had a lot of great games,
that unwillingness to move forward which Game Freak has had for a few years isn't doing it for me. (I don't count Pokemon X/Y. Fanservice IS
NOT an improvement. Also, presentation doesn't matter if everything else's lacking.)
It says a lot when PSMD is better than the newest mainstream game in the franchise for me.

5th Gen really made me think about the series. I started messing around with ROM hacking tools, drawing concepts for "fakemon" &
thinking how to make the player have more choices & possibilities while playing the game. How to improve & add to the simple gameplay
in order to offer a more challenging but also more diverse experience. At this point one of the probably best ways to experiment with
the gameplay formula is with Pokemon Essentials + RPG Maker XP or something else.

The thing is that I really want to deliver New Extra Mario Bros. before starting something that huge at some point but
I both lack at LUA & my mental health state is well, bad. (Let's hope I can get into it before I lose my sanity. I might need help though.)
Pokémon was never about a huge twisted story, its about catching Pokémon and battling your way to champion, Nintendo has even said they put gameplay over story. As a plus, you have to understand how much effort they put into X/Y. They converted almost 600 Pokémon from 2d sprites to 3d models and added a shit ton more. That shows dedication. It shows they care.

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.

Spoiler: show
I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Current Project: TBA ;)

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:50 am

Artemis008 wrote:
SinHeartless wrote:I honestly feel that Pokemon games are lacking nowadays. While the series has had a lot of great games,
that unwillingness to move forward which Game Freak has had for a few years isn't doing it for me. (I don't count Pokemon X/Y. Fanservice IS
NOT an improvement. Also, presentation doesn't matter if everything else's lacking.)
It says a lot when PSMD is better than the newest mainstream game in the franchise for me.

5th Gen really made me think about the series. I started messing around with ROM hacking tools, drawing concepts for "fakemon" &
thinking how to make the player have more choices & possibilities while playing the game. How to improve & add to the simple gameplay
in order to offer a more challenging but also more diverse experience. At this point one of the probably best ways to experiment with
the gameplay formula is with Pokemon Essentials + RPG Maker XP or something else.

The thing is that I really want to deliver New Extra Mario Bros. before starting something that huge at some point but
I both lack at LUA & my mental health state is well, bad. (Let's hope I can get into it before I lose my sanity. I might need help though.)
Pokémon was never about a huge twisted story, its about catching Pokémon and battling your way to champion, Nintendo has even said they put gameplay over story. As a plus, you have to understand how much effort they put into X/Y. They converted almost 600 Pokémon from 2d sprites to 3d models and added a shit ton more. That shows dedication. It shows they care.
When I started to hear things about this, it actually lit me up letting me understand why X and Y barley had much things that were "new" and fact the games were pretty easy.
I mean every model in the game, probably goes beyond 800 total, maybe even close to reaching 900 3d models total!

Thou from what I'm seeing, Sun and Moon seem unlikely to lack much as X and Y, and hopefully the games don't lack the same amount as X and Y, oh and speaking of Pokemon....

I'm surprised that no one ever discussed about the new information yesterday and two days ago, not even the August 12th trailer:
I never liked Stufful since it was revealed on Corocoro.
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!
Do you love Villagers? I know I do!
(Image is not by me)
Will Toad truly get an actual project, will something happen who knows?
OR

SinHeartless
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: ???
Chat Username: ???

Postby SinHeartless » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:57 pm

So far the things I've heard about the 7th Gen have been pretty interesting. Game Freak can probably focus on making improvements to
all aspects thanks to the ground work done for Pokemon X/Y. (Like what 4th Gen did. Similar situation.)

I hope that Pokemon Sun/Moon aren't going to be among those overhyped games.
Behold the man who has embraced freedom from needless bonds.
I AM THE EMBODIMENT OF YOUR SINS.

Yes, it is me. The last person who would bring himself into modern communities.
The many faces of modern degeneracy like elitism, indifference and delusions of heroism
and superiority has made take the path with the least "human" variables to deal with.

In addition to antagonizing the internet, I do some... slightly creative stuff.
I really don't trust anyone around here too much, though. That, and the 2.0 community resenting the 1.4.4
community fills me with disgust.
Once things get nasty, I might have to sever my connections with this forum.
You should too. Just a friendly hint you can take with a grain of salt if you want.

Now with 300% more insanity. I will break your delusions of heroism and superiority to tiny pieces.

Chip Potato
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Chip Potato » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:51 am

I've honestly loved every new Pokemon shown so far. Especially Sandygast and Palossand. I'm putting one on my team, for sure.
Projects I'm supporting:
Enjl wrote:
SuperMario12345 wrote:The deadline is tomorrow everyone! Make sure your level is finished, completable, there are no glitches, and it ends with a star!Thats the key to a good score!

Circle Guy
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: SMBXmix

Postby Circle Guy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:04 am

Chip Potato wrote:I've honestly loved every new Pokemon shown so far. Especially Sandygast and Palossand. I'm putting one on my team, for sure.
my favorite is probably bounsweet
Spinda wrote:
luigiman64 wrote:can you fart
yes if you use lunalua

Code: Select all

function onLoop()
    player:Fart()
end
HenryRichard wrote: necks are overrated
Camacho wrote:omg you must get all the spindas
AeroMatter wrote:づ✿o✿づ more spam for the spam god.
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... hilit=fart
the thread i don't want you to see

http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 52&t=12863
i don't even

Most posts in a row: 11 (by Tortus Bros)
i have 10,100 points

perhaps
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: im very cool
Current Project: oh, the usual
Chat Username: copyleft

Postby perhaps » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:58 pm

Circle Guy wrote:
Chip Potato wrote:I've honestly loved every new Pokemon shown so far. Especially Sandygast and Palossand. I'm putting one on my team, for sure.
my favorite is probably bounsweet
Mimicyu is my favorite. And welcome back, Chip Potato.
reminder to drink more water BUDDEH

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:32 pm

Honestly, I like the designs on the currently revealed pokemon so far.
Beside my tough choice between Rowlet or Litten, Salandit is one of my favorites.
Besides, pokemon seem to not be afraid of their weakness on making new typings anymore.
I also love Drampa and Komala (tbh I really hope this pokemon evolves), normal types are starting to look even cooler each gen.

Oh boy, ten days until Rockruff's secret evolution is revealed via CoroCoro!

Edit: New alolan Rattata confirmed, more leak credibility and also a hilarious new Z move preformed by Snorlax as gen 7's first event!

Looks like we're starting to run out of unused typings with only 30 left.
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!
(Image is not by me)
OR

Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Artemis008 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:56 pm

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-make- ... k%C3%A9mon
Yes folks, its come down to this.
God bless our fragile souls

BTW, what are "alola" forms? Are they more or less like mega evolutions?

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:15 pm

^
Alola forms are alternate forms of Generation 1 Pokémon (and maybe other gens but those are the only ones that have been shown so far). They have different appearances, types, and abilities but overall similar appearances and the same name. For example, Alolan Vulpix is an Ice-type with Snow Cloak.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Ecruteak
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Flair: It's been...
Current Project: sleeping
Chat Username: Castelia

Postby Ecruteak » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:45 am

Sorry to change the topic so suddenly, I know you're all talking about Sun/Moon, but this relates to Pokemon, so I just want to say this.
I don't pay attention to stats and EVs and IVs and whatever people use to play Pokemon.
I just build a team of Pokemon that I like, and if they can't do what I need them to do (beat a gym, an area, etc.), I level them up a bit and try again.
I don't pay attention to EV training and all that.
I don't play online.

Some people make fun of my playstyle. What do you guys think about it?
Ambiguously active.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:18 am

ShyGuyOfMoonside wrote:Sorry to change the topic so suddenly, I know you're all talking about Sun/Moon, but this relates to Pokemon, so I just want to say this.
I don't pay attention to stats and EVs and IVs and whatever people use to play Pokemon.
I just build a team of Pokemon that I like, and if they can't do what I need them to do (beat a gym, an area, etc.), I level them up a bit and try again.
I don't play online.

I think it doesn't make sense

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:13 am

You do you.
Also, you do you.
Also, don't forget to you do you.
Keep in mind that repeating the same sentence doesn't exactly strengthen its point.
But most importantly, you do you.

Only don't do you if your understanding of fun in videogames ruins the fun for other people (griefing, trolling). Unless it's mario party. Then you do you.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

perhaps
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: im very cool
Current Project: oh, the usual
Chat Username: copyleft

Postby perhaps » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:48 pm

ShyGuyOfMoonside wrote:Sorry to change the topic so suddenly, I know you're all talking about Sun/Moon, but this relates to Pokemon, so I just want to say this.
I don't play online.

good to know i am not the only one
reminder to drink more water BUDDEH

Circle Guy
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: SMBXmix

Postby Circle Guy » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:49 pm

A Goat wrote:
I don't play online.

same
Spinda wrote:
luigiman64 wrote:can you fart
yes if you use lunalua

Code: Select all

function onLoop()
    player:Fart()
end
HenryRichard wrote: necks are overrated
Camacho wrote:omg you must get all the spindas
AeroMatter wrote:づ✿o✿づ more spam for the spam god.
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... hilit=fart
the thread i don't want you to see

http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 52&t=12863
i don't even

Most posts in a row: 11 (by Tortus Bros)
i have 10,100 points

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:45 pm

Artemis008 wrote:https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-make- ... k%C3%A9mon
Yes folks, its come down to this.
God bless our fragile souls
I remember first seeing this when I read an article saying it got over 60,000 signatures now it's going over 120,000...
Can't really say much about this, except for one the concept art was from a fanmade thing and secondly, I recall the petition's original goal was 75,000 signatures.
Thus I haven't heard anything about it's date, so I can't wait to see people watching videos of (possible) data mind from the upcoming demo and seeing these two not in the files, with people popping up comments saying "where's Harambe?," lol.

Also seems like out of all the new Pokemon and the Alolan forms we've seen, we seem to be running out of unused typings.
Yet, some of the new typings have quad weaknesses which was a common weakness for making new Pokemon in the past.
Now it seems like they're not being bothered about it, since we have Salandit, Alolan Ninetales, Sandshrew, and Rattata.

Has anyone been keeping up with the "Chinese Riddler" lately?
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!
(Image is not by me)
OR

Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Artemis008 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:01 pm

Circle Guy wrote:
A Goat wrote:
I don't play online.

same
That was my BW play through in a nutshell, Theta Emerald really doesn't support this kind of playstyle though, so I'm getting more strategic.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:58 am

The new corocoro leaks proves what leaks are real and what leaks are not:
ImageImage
UB-02 has two versions that are separate exclusives:
Sun/Moon anime preview, like what:
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!
(Image is not by me)
OR

Tango
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: None
Chat Username: Tango

Postby Tango » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:54 pm

Ness-Wednesday wrote: Sun/Moon anime preview, like what:
I would swear that this guy in the background is Professor Oak in Alola form

Yoshi021
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Something you want everyone to see!
Chat Username: SetaYoshi

Postby Yoshi021 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:30 pm

Tango wrote:
Ness-Wednesday wrote: Sun/Moon anime preview, like what:
I would swear that this guy in the background is Professor Oak in Alola form
He is the alolan form of oak.
"Going to University is FUN!"
DOWNLOAD THE SMBX LEVEL PLAYER
CHECK OUT MY NPC PACK

Join the SMBX 38A Discord!

Join the CodeHaus Discord!

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Stupid university assignments :/
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Postby HeroLinik » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:28 pm

Ness-Wednesday wrote:Sun/Moon anime preview, like what:
Apparently Ash is going back to school...like, what? Seriously? It's adding insult to injury after he lost the Kalos League.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
Check out my content on YouTube! // Don't forget to check out my project as well!

Return to “Video Games”