This is the place for video games!
FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Pokémon Topic

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:06 am

Saw the reactions to this Pokémon direct about a hour ago. But sadly, I'm not gonna give the DLC expansion pack a try, I pass!
Mario RPG Goals (62% of them Done)
Image Image
Best Quotes: show
8bitmushroom wrote: No creativeness.

Never released an episode anyway.

Never plan to right now, but maybe in the future.
Idunn wrote: That’s how evolution works, nothing disturbing about it.
I'm autistic & have ADHD, big whoop! Wanna fight about it?

DiamondDude
Bit
Bit
Flair: Bowser Main

Postby DiamondDude » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:55 pm

y not?
*Angery Godzilla Noises*

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:17 pm

this is probably the smartest business decision they've made in a decade. most crucially it allows the devs to do something else than rewrite the game they just finished working on and allows them to try new things without alienating fans who already got their fix of classic pokemon formula in the base game.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

Mirror of all my content and collaborations on IPFS: QmZKzVJAsD6dE2tTHEb58XEmsNLzrW2MVsTtW7HWLAAcCC

DiamondDude
Bit
Bit

Postby DiamondDude » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:51 pm

Because they don't want a fiasco like B&W2 and US&UM.
*Angery Godzilla Noises*

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:00 pm

DiamondDude wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:51 pm
Because they don't want a fiasco like B&W2 and US&UM.
nah. while usum could've and should've been dlc given the time spent on it, b2w2 is my favourite game in the series so i hard disagree on that take.

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

Mirror of all my content and collaborations on IPFS: QmZKzVJAsD6dE2tTHEb58XEmsNLzrW2MVsTtW7HWLAAcCC

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:12 pm

DiamondDude wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:55 pm
y not?
Let's just say, I had a choice of pre-purchasing the $30 expansion pack of $60 Pokémon Sword & Shield or pre-purchasing a Nintendo Switch port of a recent installment of a SNK fighting game for a 10% discount, which also comes with a digital copy of a NGPC game.

And you get the picture of what I picked
Image Image

DiamondDude
Bit
Bit

Postby DiamondDude » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:48 am

*Screams in Neo Geo Startup sounds*
*Angery Godzilla Noises*

Yoe she
Banned
Flair: I haven’t played smbx for 3 years....

Postby Yoe she » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:03 am

Does anybody here still play ultra sun/moon? I still refuse to by sword and shield for obvious reasons.
planned project.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:56 am

Did any of ya SMBX community members know that some of the legendary and the "Final Boss" Pokémon from Gens 1-7 can be transferred from Home to both Sword version and Shield version? No joke! Want a list of a few examples of what i mean? Here you go:
  • Mewtwo*
  • Celebi*
  • Lunala*

*The Pokémon with the small star are the ones I transferred and discovered this fact!
Image Image

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:26 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:56 am
Did any of ya SMBX community members know that some of the legendary and the "Final Boss" Pokémon from Gens 1-7 can be transferred from Home to both Sword version and Shield version? No joke! Want a list of a few examples of what i mean? Here you go:
  • Mewtwo*
  • Celebi*
  • Lunala*

*The Pokémon with the small star are the ones I transferred and discovered this fact!
There's 35 Pokémon that have their data in the game despite not being in the regional dex. I felt like something didn't add up since these 35 Pokémon were left in the game's data, but hey, over 165 more are coming.
#DiverseScouts

Join my Discord server!
Check out my levels!
Spoiler: show
Do you love Villagers? I know I do! I don't own this image.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:14 am

Ness-Wednesday wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:26 pm
There's 35 Pokémon that have their data in the game despite not being in the regional dex. I felt like something didn't add up since these 35 Pokémon were left in the game's data, but hey, over 165 more are coming.
Oh really? I thought the all of the boss and legendary Pokémon are just exclusive for being in Sword & Shield despite not being in the Dex! Thanks Ness
Image Image

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:40 am

I'm going to have to bump this again, because this month, the Pokemon franchise is due to celebrate its 25th anniversary. There's been quite a lot of speculation over what will be announced, whether it be a Sinnoh remake, a new generation, or something else entirely. Considering the otherwise meh reception to SwSh, I don't really have high hopes, but they can still potentially blow us right out of the water.

What are you expecting is going to come out of the 25th anniversary celebrations?
Last edited by HeroLinik on Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

Lucario
Tweeter
Tweeter
Flair: A beginner Mario-level modder that also uses SMBX
Pronouns: He/him/

Postby Lucario » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:54 pm

HeroLinik wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:40 am
I'm going to have to bump this again, because this month, the Pokemon franchise is due to celebrate its 25th anniversary this month. There's been quite a lot of speculation over what will be announced, whether it be a Sinnoh remake, a new generation, or something else entirely. Considering the otherwise meh reception to SwSh, I don't really have high hopes, but they can still potentially blow us right out of the water.

What are you expecting is going to come out of the 25th anniversary celebrations?
My expectations:

25th Anniversary Pikachu/Charizard (because GameFreak is addicted to those Pokémon)
Pokémon DP Remakes (They were leaked and now confirmed)
Pokémon Z (Hopefully)
An event in SwSh giving you a Mythical/Legendary
New Gigantamaxes
Return of Megas (for Pokémon Z, hopefullly)

Added in 1 minute 41 seconds:
Also, guys, what are you top 15 favorite Pokémon? Mine are:

1 - Lucario
2 - Maractus
3 - Lopunny
4 - Furret
5 - Roserade
6 - Quagsire
7 - Drifblim
8 - Gengar
9 - Alcremie
10 - Sylveon
11 - Mismagius
12 - Butterfree
13 - Falinks
14 - Greninja
15 - Primarina
Lucario is the best 'mon. "Ain't No Other 'Mon, is true..." can be so cool and likeable, even though it doesn't meet my type = how likely I'll love this Pokémon (Psychic-, Fairy-, Ghost-, Grass- and Water-types).

Lucario
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Lucario » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:11 pm

Also, minutes from now, I made the worst error of my life: I just got PMD: Explorers Of Sky's ending. It just... melted my heart (brazillian expression meaning it made me lose control of my sadness) and cried a lot. No matter how many times you play this game, see this ending and yada-yada-yada, you will never see this scene and not cry...
Lucario is the best 'mon. "Ain't No Other 'Mon, is true..." can be so cool and likeable, even though it doesn't meet my type = how likely I'll love this Pokémon (Psychic-, Fairy-, Ghost-, Grass- and Water-types).

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:39 pm

the normal ending or the one from the side story with grovyle and dusknoir? the latter is more powerful.

Lucario
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Lucario » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:19 pm

Enjl wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:39 pm
the normal ending or the one from the side story with grovyle and dusknoir? the latter is more powerful.
The one with *flashbacks* Grovyle and Dusknoir (WHY GROVYLE WHY - Also, FOR A MINUTE, I THOUGHT IT WAS GONNA END WITH THE PARTNER POKÉMON CRYING ON THE BEACH WITH BIDDOF BEING CONFUSED, BECAUSE, WELL, HE'S BIDOOF) :(

Also, this is page Victreebel (NatDéx nerd)
Last edited by Electriking on Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:50 am

Lucario wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:56 pm
My expectations:

25th Anniversary Pikachu/Charizard (because GameFreak is addicted to those Pokémon)
Pokémon Z (Hopefully)
New Gigantamaxes
As for the first one, I'm gonna hate to say this, but I have a feeling it's likely. GF have been humping those two mons for the past few years and I really don't think it's going to see any letup. As for the second one, nothing is confirmed about a DP remake. There are leaks about them, but leaks aren't always true (remember the Grinch leak?) and that too, could end up being false. Even if it is, I really hope it's a Gen 4 remake and not a DP remake, because DP are, quite frankly, not good games. As for Z, I doubt it. They're done with XY and seem to have pushed it aside.

There's still reason to be excited but I honestly think the DP remake route is the most likely, considering that we're still technically early days into the gen.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

Lucario
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Lucario » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:37 am

HeroLinik wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:50 am
Lucario wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:56 pm
My expectations:

Pokémon Z (Hopefully)
New Gigantamaxes
As for the first one, I'm gonna hate to say this, but I have a feeling it's likely. GF have been humping those two mons for the past few years and I really don't think it's going to see any letup. As for the second one, nothing is confirmed about a DP remake. There are leaks about them, but leaks aren't always true (remember the Grinch leak?) and that too, could end up being false. Even if it is, I really hope it's a Gen 4 remake and not a DP remake, because DP are, quite frankly, not good games. As for Z, I doubt it. They're done with XY and seem to have pushed it aside.

There's still reason to be excited but I honestly think the DP remake route is the most likely, considering that we're still technically early days into the gen.
Hold the Phione (lol) and don't take Azelfie (lol again). They might take things for the DP remake like, completely delete the Battle Frontier or make it a expensive DLC! :x

Lucario
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Lucario » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:29 am

Also, this Pokésection is getting inactive... I'M NOT GONNA LET THAT HAPPEN! What was y'all Pokégamers' first Shiny (and your next shinies if you ever found more than one)? Mine was a Deerling when I was 5, but I RAN AWAY (I'M SO MAD), then Budew (now a Roserade), then the Gyarados of Lake Of Rage and lastly, Banette at my Emerald run. AND THEN. SOMEHOW, I GOT 3 SHINY STARLIES AND 2 SHINY BIDOOFS ALMOST IN A ROW IN MY DP RUN! For some reason, almost EVERYTIME I am using my Cute Charm Lopunny, which took an ETERNITY to evolve early, I get a shiny. She's a lucky gal.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps
Pronouns: she/they

Postby TLtimelord » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:53 pm

I think overall the Sinnoh games are viewed with incredibly thick rose tinted glasses, and initially I was dreading the gen 4 remakes considering how much I despise the original ones but now I'm rather interested to see where it goes. Most changes will probably be ones people despise but I'll be happy if they make it less of the combination of the worst aspects of the previous 3 generations in the remakes no matter what. They can't get much lower for me.
The wall on which the prophets wrote
Is cracking at the seams
Upon the instruments of death
The sunlight brightly gleams
When every man is torn apart
With nightmares and with dreams
Will no one lay the laurel wreath
When silence drowns the screams

Return to “Video Games”