whats your favorite Mario game?

This is the place for video games!
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
User avatar
SE40
Bit
Bit
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 8:59 am
Flair: es-eee-fourty
Current Project: 0_Night
Location: Helsinki
Chat Username: SE40#6272
Contact:

Re: whats your favorite Mario game?

Postby SE40 » Fri May 04, 2018 2:08 pm

Other than SMBX, Super Mario 3D Land has to be my favourite. NSMB and SM64(DS) are up there aswell. (Fun fact: I never owned SM64DS myself, my friend actually gave it to me on fourth grade because he needed help with it, he had like 4 or 5 stars...and I got it up to 130 (total is 150 I think?) or some shit lol. He didn't seem to care of the game that much anyway, so I kept it for like 3-6 months, but still returned it.)
P.k.a. Dex

Join my NEW discord server: https://discord.gg/yxxEnh8

User avatar
Eureka
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 1986
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:02 pm
Flair: uh i don't know
Current Project: being inactive
Location: Mushrooms
Contact:

Re: whats your favorite Mario game?

Postby Eureka » Fri May 04, 2018 2:55 pm

I like the soundtracks of NSMBU and SMB3D World
practicalshorty014 wrote:Sin me in.
Spoiler: show
Oh, when Koopa sees a chance for some real mischief
When there's the blackest of evil to be done
He smiles and then says, "Cheatsy, just go to it"
And Cheatsy's life becomes a lot of fun
Fun
Oh, when there's underhanded evil to be done
To be done
Then Cheatsy's life becomes a lot of fun
Lot of fun
If you want to cheat a family of their mortgage
If you want to put some grandma on the street (Put her down)
Then I'm the one that has the plan, I know how to do it
Cheatsy's got the schemes that can't be beat
Oh, when there's underhanded evil to be done
To be done
Then Cheatsy's life becomes a happy one
Happy one
If the idea is to take someone's life savings
If you want to steal a little boy's last dime
Then I'm the one that you should all be calling
I'll do the job no matter what the crime!
If there's something really rotten to be done
To be done
Then Cheatsy's life becomes a worthwhile one
Worthwhile one!
That's Cheatsy's life!

User avatar
GforGoomba
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 478
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:08 am
Flair: It... it worked...
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Fanfic Crossovers

Re: whats your favorite Mario game?

Postby GforGoomba » Sat May 05, 2018 11:39 am

Mine is Super Mario RPG. This revolutionized 3D gaming, not Mario 64!
krazykats advice: show
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.
Sign for the Online Creep Abolition Act!

User avatar
Electriking
Bowser
Bowser
Posts: 3835
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here.
Current Project: Something
Location: Not your location
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: whats your favorite Mario game?

Postby Electriking » Sat May 05, 2018 12:02 pm

GforGoomba wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 11:39 am
Mine is Super Mario RPG. This revolutionized 3D gaming, not Mario 64!
Super Mario RPG is not a 3D Game.
Join my Discord server
Nothing worth seeing here for now.
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
Horikawa Otane wrote:lol
thehelmetguy1 wrote:I wonder who was the idiot that made the fake beta 4 announcement
Enjl wrote:Apologies for knowing how to research.
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.
Image
Literally me when I read that post lol
The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox
Image
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?
WARNING: Quill is in here: show
Image

User avatar
GforGoomba
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 478
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:08 am
Flair: It... it worked...
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Fanfic Crossovers

Re: whats your favorite Mario game?

Postby GforGoomba » Sat May 05, 2018 12:03 pm

Electriking wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 12:02 pm
GforGoomba wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 11:39 am
Mine is Super Mario RPG. This revolutionized 3D gaming, not Mario 64!
Super Mario RPG is not a 3D Game.
Image
krazykats advice: show
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.
Sign for the Online Creep Abolition Act!

User avatar
Electriking
Bowser
Bowser
Posts: 3835
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here.
Current Project: Something
Location: Not your location
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: whats your favorite Mario game?

Postby Electriking » Sat May 05, 2018 12:13 pm

GforGoomba wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 12:03 pm
Electriking wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 12:02 pm
GforGoomba wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 11:39 am
Mine is Super Mario RPG. This revolutionized 3D gaming, not Mario 64!
Super Mario RPG is not a 3D Game.
Image
That is still not 3D. In the game's code, it would be 2D. The SNES isn't powerful enough to run 3D games.
This video explains what games at the time did to appear 3D (Doom wasn't 3D either)

So trying to show game footage does not really prove anything.
Join my Discord server
Nothing worth seeing here for now.
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
Horikawa Otane wrote:lol
thehelmetguy1 wrote:I wonder who was the idiot that made the fake beta 4 announcement
Enjl wrote:Apologies for knowing how to research.
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.
Image
Literally me when I read that post lol
The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox
Image
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?
WARNING: Quill is in here: show
Image

User avatar
Artemis009
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm
Chat Username: artemis

Re: whats your favorite Mario game?

Postby Artemis009 » Sat May 05, 2018 1:33 pm

Electriking wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 12:13 pm
GforGoomba wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 12:03 pm
Electriking wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 12:02 pm

Super Mario RPG is not a 3D Game.
Image
That is still not 3D. In the game's code, it would be 2D. The SNES isn't powerful enough to run 3D games.
This video explains what games at the time did to appear 3D (Doom wasn't 3D either)

So trying to show game footage does not really prove anything.
It doesn't apply to what he said, but Star Fox was 3D and Mega man X2 had 3D elements.
"life is game we all lose"
-gramfelf

https://discord.gg/WWhZsan
Suffer from depression? Join the Literature Club Support Server, we can (and will) help you!

User avatar
Pseudo
Tellah
Tellah
Posts: 5544
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:04 am
Current Project: ???
Location: the atlantic coast

Re: whats your favorite Mario game?

Postby Pseudo » Sat May 05, 2018 5:27 pm

GforGoomba wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 12:03 pm
Electriking wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 12:02 pm
GforGoomba wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 11:39 am
Mine is Super Mario RPG. This revolutionized 3D gaming, not Mario 64!
Super Mario RPG is not a 3D Game.
Image
It's not 3D; even though it kinda looks 3D it's just a sort of optical illusion created by the isometric graphics. The game's characters are pre-rendered in 3D but the actual environment during gameplay is definitely two-dimensional.
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
previously Pseudo-dino but you probably guessed that yourself

come visit my YouTube channel, where I play games (including smbx)

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

My Switch friend code: 1353 - 7698 - 1308 (add me!)

so... i'm actually a girl

User avatar
Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Posts: 4092
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:43 pm
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Location: the south
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Re: whats your favorite Mario game?

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sun May 06, 2018 1:44 am

My favorite is probably SMB3 (I know, so original). I grew up playing the GBA version nonstop, can't count how many times I've played it all the way through. Honorable mention goes to SMW because I grew up playing the GBA version of it as well, but something about SMB3 has always clicked to me just a tad more.
Image

User avatar
ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1388
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:21 am
Location: Hungary, Europe
Chat Username: ShadowStarX
Contact:

Re: whats your favorite Mario game?

Postby ShadowStarX » Sun May 06, 2018 3:17 am

Mine is SMW.
The level design is much better than SMB3's and I love the controls and consider SMW's and SMBX's controls on par with each other. (but each of them excel differently)
This game is such a major improvement from the NES titles: you also have a lot more choice: you can toy around with the camera, have the spinjump ability, ride Yoshi, etc.
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Joey, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle Derp, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"I know who designed Camacho's level" - bossedit8, 2016
"Waddle Derp is a great minigame" - bossedit8, 2016
"Technically I'm not a voice memer" - bossedit8, 2016

Image
Image


User avatar
PopYoshi
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1466
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness
Location: Venezuela

Re: whats your favorite Mario game?

Postby PopYoshi » Sun May 06, 2018 11:54 am

ShadowStarX wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 3:17 am
Mine is SMW.
The level design is much better than SMB3's and I love the controls and consider SMW's and SMBX's controls on par with each other. (but each of them excel differently)
This game is such a major improvement from the NES titles: you also have a lot more choice: you can toy around with the camera, have the spinjump ability, ride Yoshi, etc.
Now that's something I was going to talk about
SMW is great and all, but I found a problem, in my opinion the first worlds are okay but after... I don't know, the 5th world the game starts to focus more on difficulty than in gameplay, to the point I found SMB3 levels better done

It's my second favorite Mario game but I kinda thing that game focus more in difficulty than in gameplay and level design (with some great exceptions, but a example of what I'm saying is the last level of the Special World or all the levels from the Star World, and some levels from Chocolate Mountain and Bowser's Valley)

Now, to the topic:

My favorite Mario game is, and I've said it many times, is M&L Bowser's Inside Story, the best M&L ever
Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1388
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:21 am
Location: Hungary, Europe
Chat Username: ShadowStarX
Contact:

Re: whats your favorite Mario game?

Postby ShadowStarX » Sun May 06, 2018 12:36 pm

Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 11:54 am
ShadowStarX wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 3:17 am
Mine is SMW.
The level design is much better than SMB3's and I love the controls and consider SMW's and SMBX's controls on par with each other. (but each of them excel differently)
This game is such a major improvement from the NES titles: you also have a lot more choice: you can toy around with the camera, have the spinjump ability, ride Yoshi, etc.
Now that's something I was going to talk about
SMW is great and all, but I found a problem, in my opinion the first worlds are okay but after... I don't know, the 5th world the game starts to focus more on difficulty than in gameplay, to the point I found SMB3 levels better done

It's my second favorite Mario game but I kinda thing that game focus more in difficulty than in gameplay and level design (with some great exceptions, but a example of what I'm saying is the last level of the Special World or all the levels from the Star World, and some levels from Chocolate Mountain and Bowser's Valley)

Now, to the topic:

My favorite Mario game is, and I've said it many times, is M&L Bowser's Inside Story, the best M&L ever
Well there certainly are some questionable levels, especially the level in Bowser's Valley with Chucks and Mega Moles... (I hate that particular one) Also yeah some special world levels are too ridiculous, such as Awesome and Outrageous. (wouldn't say that about Tubular)
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Joey, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle Derp, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"I know who designed Camacho's level" - bossedit8, 2016
"Waddle Derp is a great minigame" - bossedit8, 2016
"Technically I'm not a voice memer" - bossedit8, 2016

Image
Image


User avatar
PopYoshi
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1466
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness
Location: Venezuela

Re: whats your favorite Mario game?

Postby PopYoshi » Sun May 06, 2018 1:10 pm

ShadowStarX wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 12:36 pm
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 11:54 am
ShadowStarX wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 3:17 am
Mine is SMW.
The level design is much better than SMB3's and I love the controls and consider SMW's and SMBX's controls on par with each other. (but each of them excel differently)
This game is such a major improvement from the NES titles: you also have a lot more choice: you can toy around with the camera, have the spinjump ability, ride Yoshi, etc.
Now that's something I was going to talk about
SMW is great and all, but I found a problem, in my opinion the first worlds are okay but after... I don't know, the 5th world the game starts to focus more on difficulty than in gameplay, to the point I found SMB3 levels better done

It's my second favorite Mario game but I kinda thing that game focus more in difficulty than in gameplay and level design (with some great exceptions, but a example of what I'm saying is the last level of the Special World or all the levels from the Star World, and some levels from Chocolate Mountain and Bowser's Valley)

Now, to the topic:

My favorite Mario game is, and I've said it many times, is M&L Bowser's Inside Story, the best M&L ever
Well there certainly are some questionable levels, especially the level in Bowser's Valley with Chucks and Mega Moles... (I hate that particular one) Also yeah some special world levels are too ridiculous, such as Awesome and Outrageous. (wouldn't say that about Tubular)
Yup, it's even common to me see people who says SMW is one of the worst 2D Mario games because of that, SMW sometimes can be unfair and bland (especially when you are playing and suddenly 20 enemies come from all the directions while a Chuck is throwing you balls and 5 1-ups are falling while you avoid the munchers and a dolphin comes from the water while a sumo bro throws a thunder... kinda exaggerated, but you should know what I'm talking about... "Awesome")
Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6659
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: -chan ^^

Re: whats your favorite Mario game?

Postby Enjl » Sun May 06, 2018 2:21 pm

My least favourite is definitely SMB3 due to its forgettable levels, focus on quantity over quality, ungodly long worlds, bland and generic artstyle (especially on nes) and music. It was a complete slog to play. Objectively speaking it's at least better than SMB1, but this is a topic about personal biases so yeah..
I have a lot harder of a time deciding on a favourite, because all good mario games are a similar level of decent. Probably the first Galaxy I suppose.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
Spoiler: show
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
SnoruntPyro: if you don't like kirby you have no life
ToonQuill: do you have any hentai girl sfx
Pichu: "And Jesus said unto his apostles, 'ew so much clash 0/10'."
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.
MNIE52: i will not kill you, why you so rude. are you have nothing to do, boy?
Sanct: oh my god i made the perfect amount of stairs i am jesus christ.
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2836
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:09 pm
Flair: Is this where I type my password?
Location: http://www.stardustfields.net/files/cool.gif
Contact:

Re: whats your favorite Mario game?

Postby HenryRichard » Sun May 06, 2018 6:53 pm

My favorite is definitely Galaxy, though that's probably the nostalgia talking. It has a great atmosphere (ba-dum-tsh) and the gravity-oriented platforming is really awesome.
Image

I'm on Soundcloud | My graphics pack!

Jesus is my savior.

User avatar
ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1388
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:21 am
Location: Hungary, Europe
Chat Username: ShadowStarX
Contact:

Re: whats your favorite Mario game?

Postby ShadowStarX » Mon May 07, 2018 7:08 am

Oh I'd like to mention that my least favorite Mario is definitely The Lost Levels.
Reasons:
- clunky controls
- unfair level design - it gave inspiration for stuff like Cat Mario and IWBTG
- nothing new to offer compared to SMB1
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Joey, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle Derp, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"I know who designed Camacho's level" - bossedit8, 2016
"Waddle Derp is a great minigame" - bossedit8, 2016
"Technically I'm not a voice memer" - bossedit8, 2016

Image
Image


User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Bowser
Bowser
Posts: 3969
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: GB/GBC/GBA collector! ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive Link
Location: Don't Ask Please! "-_-
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: whats your favorite Mario game?

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon May 07, 2018 7:20 am

ShadowStarX wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 7:08 am
Oh I'd like to mention that my least favorite Mario is definitely The Lost Levels.
Reasons:
- clunky controls
- unfair level design - it gave inspiration for stuff like Cat Mario and IWBTG
- nothing new to offer compared to SMB1
And oh, don't forget, cheap difficulty and many points in the game! >_>
Feeling Artistic? Join my SMBX Discord! ^_^"
RPG Goals
My DeviantArt
My Main YouTube
My 2nd YouTube
My Twitter
I have Autism & ADHD. OG 90's kid who's born in late 93!
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
PixelPest
Edward
Edward
Posts: 6964
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Location: Canada, Eh?
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: whats your favorite Mario game?

Postby PixelPest » Mon May 07, 2018 7:48 am

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 7:20 am
ShadowStarX wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 7:08 am
Oh I'd like to mention that my least favorite Mario is definitely The Lost Levels.
Reasons:
- clunky controls
- unfair level design - it gave inspiration for stuff like Cat Mario and IWBTG
- nothing new to offer compared to SMB1
And oh, don't forget, cheap difficulty and many points in the game! >_>
What's wrong with the "many points" issue?

User avatar
Chorpe
Ninji
Ninji
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:29 am
Flair: <3
Location: Russian Federation
Contact:

Re: whats your favorite Mario game?

Postby Chorpe » Mon May 07, 2018 7:56 am

Super Mario Bros. 3 or Super Mario World. Still can't decide even now :/
There is nothing interesting here to see.

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Bowser
Bowser
Posts: 3969
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: GB/GBC/GBA collector! ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive Link
Location: Don't Ask Please! "-_-
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: whats your favorite Mario game?

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon May 07, 2018 8:00 am

PixelPest wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 7:48 am
What's wrong with the "many points" issue?
There's this one part in World 1-4 where you must lose your mushroom to get past it! Every freaking time I play Lost Levels in SMB Deluxe
Feeling Artistic? Join my SMBX Discord! ^_^"
RPG Goals
My DeviantArt
My Main YouTube
My 2nd YouTube
My Twitter
I have Autism & ADHD. OG 90's kid who's born in late 93!
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image


Return to “Video Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests