What are your favorite games on Switch? Which ones are you hoping to come out?

This is the place for video games!
Super Luigi Bros
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: SMBX: The Next Levels
Chat Username: Super Luigi Bros

What are your favorite games on Switch? Which ones are you hoping to come out?

Postby Super Luigi Bros » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:01 pm

The Nintendo Switch is sooooo awesome!
There are tons of awesome games for it and it's only a little over a year old!!
Super Mario Odyssey was great, Kirby Star Allies was a blast to play with friends, BOTW is my new favorite Zelda game, and Smash Bros Switch is on it's way soon!

Tell me, what is your favorite Switch game?
Image Let's a go! Let's a go!

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Re: What are your favorite games on Switch? Which ones are you hoping to come out?

Postby Electriking » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:43 pm

Breath of The Wild and Odyssey

Hoping for a Mario Maker Remake/Sequel (although it does not seem likely) and some other Wii U games.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Eri7
Banned
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)
Chat Username: Eri7

Re: What are your favorite games on Switch? Which ones are you hoping to come out?

Postby Eri7 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:45 pm

Zelda Breath of the Wild , Mario Oddysey and NBA2K18 , i hope too that Mario Maker comes for the switch and a new NSMB game on the switch would be nice as well.

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: Too many things atm! Welp! :(
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:31 pm

Here's the list of some favorite Switch games of mine:

• Arcade Archived: Mario Bros.
  • Sonic Mania*
  • Brave Dungeon + Dark Witch Story: COMBAT
  • Blaster Master Zero

Here's what games I'm looking forward too on the Switch:

• Arcade Archived: Donkey Kong Jr.
  • A Sequel to Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection

^^"

*Yeah, I decided to retry Sonic Mania. I hope I can get pass this one difficult section of Flying Battery Zone Act 2 where you must speed up the ceiling and up the hole to the boss room. :)
Custom Mega Drive playables (Mega Drive GFX Pack coming soon)
Mario RPG Goals (67% complete)
I have Autism & ADHD.
Pokémon Home: QRGBGBRYUKQD

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:36 pm

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:

• Sonic Mania*
  • Blaster Master Zero
Where's Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of The Wild?

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:41 pm

Electriking wrote:
MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:

• Sonic Mania*
  • Blaster Master Zero
Where's Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of The Wild?
Dude, not everyone in the community who owns a Nintendo Switch have to like Breath of the Wild and/or Super Mario Odyssey. As a matter of fact, I did enjoy both. But everyone had their own opinions of favorite Switch games. ^^
I have Autism & ADHD.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:40 pm

Celeste and Breath of the Wild.

Odyssey woooould be top 3 but only because I only played a handful of games on the system. It's not a game I see myself coming back to, nor is it groundbreaking in any capacity, nor did it leave me with any lasting emotion or gained knowledge. It's the best Mario since galaxy but only due to the past 10 years of Mario being kinda sloppy.

When Hollow Knight comes out on Switch that immediately enters the ranks of Top 3 tho cause that's kind of my favourite game.

Super Luigi!
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: ???
Current Project: Super Luigi World.
Chat Username: SL

Postby Super Luigi! » Tue May 01, 2018 8:07 pm

I haven't played any Switch games, but I'll probably enjoy Sonic Mania and will definitely love Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy. Hopefully, Spyro Reignited Trilogy and a new Panel de Pon game will arrive soon.
Projects I support:
Spoiler: show
Image ~Level Designer and Beta Tester.
~Beta Tester.
Image ~Admirer.
Image ~Reviewer.
"Keep trying at something, even in failure because another attempt may be all you need."~SL

Oshi
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Flair: Nothing interesting here, move along
Current Project: Not worth mentioning
Chat Username: Oshi#3433

Postby Oshi » Thu May 03, 2018 7:45 pm

Breath of the Wild is godly, Splatoon 2 is really good and I am looking forward to the DLC, and Star Allies might of not of been the best Kirby game I have ever played, but it still was good.

As for games I am waiting to come out, I am excited for Smash for the Switch, and I am hoping for another Mario Kart game somewhere in the near future, or at least an announcement. And there needs to be a Paper Mario game.
If you are interested in Mafia, RTD, or DnD, please check out Minigame Plaza. Unfortunately the server has been declining recently, and we would like people like you to join.
Spoiler: show
godblessamerica21 wrote: when i get mod your ass is grass amigo
projects I support: show

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach

Postby FireyPaperMario » Fri May 04, 2018 6:58 am

Musicality_Minister45 wrote:And there needs to be a Paper Mario game.
OMG YES!!!!!!!!!! ^^
I have Autism & ADHD.

Thomas456
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Current Project: SMBTGA and MFRemake for SMBX
Chat Username: NightyThomas456

Postby Thomas456 » Sat May 05, 2018 11:05 am

My favorite Swicth games:
SMOdyssey, MK8DX, Kirby Star Allies and Sonic Mania/Plus.

My hopes for future games:
A new NSMB game
A new Mario Kart game
A new Paper Mario game
An Mario and Sonic crossover (But I guess it's not possible)
Check out my projects!

Another will coming soon!

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Sun May 06, 2018 5:58 am

Why would you want a new entry in the NSMB series? It's just the same game over and over. I hope they start a new 2d Mario series if anything.

Also a new Mario Kart is definitely not going to happen for a while. I'd guess at least until Nintendo comes around with a new console. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the Switch's Mario Kart game and by releasing a sequel they're kinda shooting themselves in the foot. Notice how Mario Kart 7 is 7 years old and had no follow-up on the 3ds. Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros are franchises that happen once for every console's life cycle.

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Sun May 06, 2018 8:08 pm

Enjl wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 5:58 am
Also a new Mario Kart is definitely not going to happen for a while. I'd guess at least until Nintendo comes around with a new console. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the Switch's Mario Kart game and by releasing a sequel they're kinda shooting themselves in the foot. Notice how Mario Kart 7 is 7 years old and had no follow-up on the 3ds. Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros are franchises that happen once for every console's life cycle.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe isn't a new Mario Kart though, it is a remake of the Wii U's Mario Kart, and was probably on there so that people would actually play it. If they decided that MK8 Deluxe was the Mario Kart for the Switch, then that would be like calling it the Mario Kart 9. Also I think it is weird that you compare it to Mario Kart 7 (a new Mario Kart game and not a remake). You should also notice that each generation of consoles has seen 2 Mario Kart games since the GBA (Super Circuit + Double Dash, DS + Wii and 7+8). Of course we won't see 2 new Mario Kart games on Switch, but I don't think it would be surprising to see Mario Kart 9 on Switch. It will definitely be a while (very unlikely it will be any earlier than 2020 (which would have to be the year of release if they continue the pattern of 1 Mario Kart every 3 years)) before we get it.

A game that probably won't be out for the Switch is a Mario Maker sequel or remake (as much as we would one). This is because there is no touch screen on the Switch in TV mode, and it would not be fun to make levels with controllers alone. Some would also say that designing levels with a finger instead of a stylus is also not fun. If they released it, they would be reinforcing the handheld mode and be suggesting it is the better mode, and could have a negative impact on how people view the Switch.

And I think there should be more Wii U remakes (like 3D World, which looks interesting).

Yang
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: Brother vs Brother
Chat Username: (RWBY) Yang

Postby Yang » Mon May 07, 2018 5:13 am

I don't have a Switch, but there are some pretty fun games, like Odyssey and Splatoon 2, and I'd love to get them all.

I am looking forward to Waluigi and Paper Mario in Smash 5, but there's a chance Paper Mario won't get in the game.
natsuki is bae. only natsuki. Just Natsuki. Just Natsuki. I love Natsuki. Natsuki is cute, funny, and very tsundere. Again, natsuki is bae.

Yang
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: Brother vs Brother
Chat Username: (RWBY) Yang

Postby Yang » Mon May 07, 2018 5:15 am

Musicality_Minister45 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 7:45 pm
Breath of the Wild is godly, Splatoon 2 is really good and I am looking forward to the DLC, and Star Allies might of not of been the best Kirby game I have ever played, but it still was good.

As for games I am waiting to come out, I am excited for Smash for the Switch, and I am hoping for another Mario Kart game somewhere in the near future, or at least an announcement. And there needs to be a Paper Mario game.
I agree with everything you just said.
natsuki is bae. only natsuki. Just Natsuki. Just Natsuki. I love Natsuki. Natsuki is cute, funny, and very tsundere. Again, natsuki is bae.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Mon May 07, 2018 6:16 am

Electriking wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 8:08 pm
Enjl wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 5:58 am
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe isn't a new Mario Kart though, it is a remake of the Wii U's Mario Kart, and was probably on there so that people would actually play it. If they decided that MK8 Deluxe was the Mario Kart for the Switch, then that would be like calling it the Mario Kart 9. Also I think it is weird that you compare it to Mario Kart 7 (a new Mario Kart game and not a remake). You should also notice that each generation of consoles has seen 2 Mario Kart games since the GBA (Super Circuit + Double Dash, DS + Wii and 7+8). Of course we won't see 2 new Mario Kart games on Switch, but I don't think it would be surprising to see Mario Kart 9 on Switch. It will definitely be a while (very unlikely it will be any earlier than 2020 (which would have to be the year of release if they continue the pattern of 1 Mario Kart every 3 years)) before we get it.
I said that Mario Kart is a game that happens once every console's life cycle, not once every console generation. The decision to revamp Mario Kart 8 instead of making a new one stems from the low sales of the WiiU coupled with wanting to get a Mario Kart out as soon as possible, since it's a system seller. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has already sold more units than Mario Kart 8, and Mario Kart 8 is the best selling WiiU game. They wouldn't call it Mario Kart 9 though, because it's not a new game. It's a definitive edition. And don't forget that they're trying to make people forget about the WiiU so that it doesn't interfere with their marketing. I also think Nintendo's efforts are wasted in trying to make a new installment of Mario Kart for the late switch life cycle when they can do their best to deliver a new experience for a new console's early life cycle to boost initial sales.

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue May 08, 2018 8:36 am

Also, I can't wait till September! Because if y'all switch users haven't checked the latest news:

There's going to be NES games included with a Online subscription. And I'm hoping for this feature ever since. I'm surely gonna get Mario 3! ^^
I have Autism & ADHD.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Tue May 08, 2018 10:19 am

Just play SMB3 on the 3DS or WiiU virtual console tbh

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue May 08, 2018 10:29 am

Enjl wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 10:19 am
Just play SMB3 on the 3DS or WiiU virtual console tbh
I have Mario 3 on multiple platforms, especially the nes version.... And my dad's aunt still has a physical copy since childhood.
I have Autism & ADHD.

DJFMHD
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Sticker Star is alright
Chat Username: What do you think?

Postby DJFMHD » Tue May 08, 2018 11:00 am

I kind of feel like animal crossing is basically confirmed. I also want Mario Maker and I refuse to believe it isn't coming (Especially since Nintendo said the console could last 10 years)
hey

Return to “Video Games”