What's your Smash main?

This is the place for video games!
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Luigi
Luigi
Posts: 4985
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in 1993 ^_^
Current Project: As of now: SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis GFXs in SMBX
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby FireyPaperMario » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:31 pm

Bottle_of_Water wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:35 pm
Hero is a very strong character, I like him which is unusual since I don't like JRPGs.
But I bet a lot of people were like "another Fire Emblem".
Dude, Dragon Quest and Fire Emblem are two different JRPGs! One's a Strategy RPG, and the other's a traditional JRPG

User avatar
UlticraftMTT
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Voyage: Super Mario Bros. 5
Chat Username: UCMTT

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby UlticraftMTT » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:15 pm

64: I don't know honestly.

Melee: I don't know honestly.

Brawl: Sonic

3DS/Wii U: Mega Man

Ultimate: I switch between Bayonetta, Wario, and Piranha Plant quite a bit. Banjo-Kazooie will be my permanent primary once they come out.

User avatar
MegaDood
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1381
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby MegaDood » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:05 am

Bottle_of_Water wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:35 pm
MegaDood wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:53 am
I feel like a lot of people are going to start maining the DLC fighters, especially Banjo, which is very understandable. But I don't hear too many people talking about The Hero, at least not in the West.
Hero is a very strong character, I like him which is unusual since I don't like JRPGs.
But I bet a lot of people were like "another Fire Emblem".
And the fact his down special is not a counter is almost like Sakurai specifically doing everything to not make it a counter.
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 7490
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby Enjl » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:57 am

MegaDood wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:05 am
Bottle_of_Water wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:35 pm
MegaDood wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:53 am
I feel like a lot of people are going to start maining the DLC fighters, especially Banjo, which is very understandable. But I don't hear too many people talking about The Hero, at least not in the West.
Hero is a very strong character, I like him which is unusual since I don't like JRPGs.
But I bet a lot of people were like "another Fire Emblem".
And the fact his down special is not a counter is almost like Sakurai specifically doing everything to not make it a counter.
Robin, Ganondorf and the Links are swordfighters without counters. You're right in that the development team did "everything" in that move though.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Luigi
Luigi
Posts: 4985
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in 1993 ^_^
Current Project: As of now: SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis GFXs in SMBX
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:15 pm

Wait, I know that Ganondorf is a swordfighter and all, but his specials are very like Captain Falcon's.... Why did you classify him as a swordfighter when he DOESN'T fight with a sword?!?

User avatar
Bottle_of_Water
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 5:35 pm
Flair: I am essential to life.
Current Project: Luigi's Quest - The Seven Trials
Chat Username: Bottle o' Water

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby Bottle_of_Water » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:40 pm

Kirby is a sword fighter because he can inhale marth right?
Actually everyone can use the beam sword, so everyone is a sword fighter.
I usually do not like water levels in Video Games.

My Projects:

Custom World - Really Old Game, and pretty bad too. This was more of a experimental episode.

New Super Mario Bros Remaster - NSMB DS but in my style

Luigi's Quest - The Seven Trials - My Current Game I'm Working On. This is what I always wanted to make as a kid, and I've been working on this for 2 Years probably.

User avatar
HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2843
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:09 pm
Flair: Is this where I type my password?
Contact:

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby HenryRichard » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:52 pm

I mained Lucario in the older Smash games but I'm garbage with him in Ultimate. Now I main Bowser; I still like using other characters though even though I'm terrible with them.
Image

I'm on Soundcloud | My graphics pack!

Jesus is my savior.

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Luigi
Luigi
Posts: 4985
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in 1993 ^_^
Current Project: As of now: SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis GFXs in SMBX
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:22 am

HenryRichard wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:52 pm
I mained Lucario in the older Smash games but I'm garbage with him in Ultimate. Now I main Bowser; I still like using other characters though even though I'm terrible with them.
Give it some time dude, you'll master Lucario in Smash Ultimate soon! ;)

User avatar
MegaDood
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1381
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby MegaDood » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:11 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:15 pm
Wait, I know that Ganondorf is a swordfighter and all, but his specials are very like Captain Falcon's.... Why did you classify him as a swordfighter when he DOESN'T fight with a sword?!?
He uses his sword in his forward, up and down smash attacks.
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Luigi
Luigi
Posts: 4985
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in 1993 ^_^
Current Project: As of now: SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis GFXs in SMBX
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:35 am

MegaDood wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:11 am
FireyPaperMario wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:15 pm
Wait, I know that Ganondorf is a swordfighter and all, but his specials are very like Captain Falcon's.... Why did you classify him as a swordfighter when he DOESN'T fight with a sword?!?
He uses his sword in his forward, up and down smash attacks.
Oh, my bad! Thought he fights like Captain Falcon like in Melee

User avatar
MegaDood
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1381
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby MegaDood » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:14 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:35 am
MegaDood wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:11 am
FireyPaperMario wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:15 pm
Wait, I know that Ganondorf is a swordfighter and all, but his specials are very like Captain Falcon's.... Why did you classify him as a swordfighter when he DOESN'T fight with a sword?!?
He uses his sword in his forward, up and down smash attacks.
Oh, my bad! Thought he fights like Captain Falcon like in Melee
He did for every game up to Ultimate. They changed it for that game.
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Luigi
Luigi
Posts: 4985
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in 1993 ^_^
Current Project: As of now: SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis GFXs in SMBX
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:03 am

I'll tell ya what, I'm gonna update my mains list once the Terry Bogard DLC gets released in November. ;)

User avatar
TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:16 pm

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby TLtimelord » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:52 am

I come to say that I have changed it to Pit since I last posted.
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

User avatar
MegaDood
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1381
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby MegaDood » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:14 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:03 am
I'll tell ya what, I'm gonna update my mains list once the Terry Bogard DLC gets released in November. ;)
He already looks sick as heck. I hope he has a lot of advanced tech like with Ryu and Ken.
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
thegameseum
Rex
Rex
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:26 am
Flair: Some Kid
Current Project: Super Mario Unknown Power (SMUP)
Chat Username: TheGameseum
Contact:

Re: What's your Smash main?

Postby thegameseum » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:11 pm

Game & Watch currently. Might main him for a while.
My current project (1.4.4): viewtopic.php?f=90&t=22104

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Return to “Video Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests