Super Mario Maker 2 3.0 - It now has koopalings and maps

This is the place for video games!

Will the new update breath new life into SMM2?

Yes
80%
No, it's too little, too late
20%

Total votes: 15
SPEEDIE
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: https://discord.gg/fahyrvk
Current Project: Blade of Justice
Chat Username: SPEEDIE

Re: Super Mario Maker 2 3.0 - It now has koopalings and maps

Postby SPEEDIE » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:23 am

"because redigit never finished it." Well, that's why SMBX2 exists..
If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Join my SMBX discord server for exclusive updates and much more.
https://discord.gg/fahyrvk

Finished Projects:

Ongoing Projects:

Blade of Justice.

Chanceux2
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(
Current Project: Super Toad Bros. X
Chat Username: Gamer of Studios

Postby Chanceux2 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:28 am

SPEEDIE wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:23 am
"because redigit never finished it." Well, that's why SMBX2 exists..
This is about SMM2 not SMBX2

Idunn
Pokey
Pokey
Flair: Robotic
Current Project: Super Mario Forces Timeline
Chat Username: Name you never find

Postby Idunn » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:35 pm

Teemster2 wrote:
This is Nintendo so it's more limited in what you can do then on a PC in my oppinion. Then again smbx is limited too because redigit never finished it.

Still I prefer smbx. The update for mm2 had a bunch of power ups that was not interesting with the exception of the frog suit. Adding mecha Koop, phanto and more bosses are nice but still less npc's then what smbx has. The world map is limited in what you can do with it and only 40 levels means 5 per world if you use 8 worlds. I don't like that.

For me smbx is still better even if it's not really finished. What the dev team has done has really helped polish smbx and make it feel more complete so that's nice.

Even with the final update it will still be more limited than smbx in what you can do in my oppinion. We can literally create a million enemies, tile blocks, bgos etc and you can't do that in mm2.
Same for you, if people want to use SMM then let them, this kinda discourages people to give the Game a try because "Muh SMBX is much better than what NIntendo made because we don't have limitations and endless creativity and you can't do that in SMM"

Yes we understand also, that you prefer Smbx so you don't need to repeat that again and again.

You do realize that Smm has a different Audience than Smbx or?
Become a Novastar

Things i support!
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

thegameseum
Pokey
Pokey
Flair: h
Current Project: a secret project, which is currently on hold for now.
Chat Username: pdizzle

Postby thegameseum » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:32 pm

Teemster2 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:39 am
This is Nintendo so it's more limited in what you can do then on a PC in my oppinion. Then again smbx is limited too because redigit never finished it.

Still I prefer smbx. The update for mm2 had a bunch of power ups that was not interesting with the exception of the frog suit. Adding mecha Koop, phanto and more bosses are nice but still less npc's then what smbx has. The world map is limited in what you can do with it and only 40 levels means 5 per world if you use 8 worlds. I don't like that.

For me smbx is still better even if it's not really finished. What the dev team has done has really helped polish smbx and make it feel more complete so that's nice.

Even with the final update it will still be more limited than smbx in what you can do in my oppinion. We can literally create a million enemies, tile blocks, bgos etc and you can't do that in mm2.
I honestly think you're missing the whole entire point of Mario Maker. It's meant to be for younger audiences, so it is more simple, accessible and easy to learn for newcomers. While it is kind of limited, as Enjl said,
Enjl wrote: Limitation breeds creativity.
The new update adds a lot of new things that will be able to be used in tons of new and creative ways, and the world maker being limited to 40 levels really isn't that bad. Honestly, I was thinking that if they added a world maker, it would be limited to 1 screen or something, but we're able to have 8 whole worlds. That along with the Toad house minigames and being able to do it with other people is honestly amazing. The Koopaligs add tons of new potential for new boss battles other than just Bowser, Bowser Jr, and Boom Boom, the SMB2 mushroom and boomerang flower add a lot of new possibilities for puzzles, the frog suit, P balloon, and super acorn add new movement possibilities, the mechakoopas, blasta mechakoopas, and zappa mechakoopas all add possibilities for puzzle levels, there's dotted line blocks in 3d World now, and all the new hats in 3d World are good for both traditional and expirimental courses alike. All of these things will allow creators to make very interesting, fun and creative levels.

TL;DR: The whole point of Super Mario Maker 2 is to be easy to use and simple, but a lot of times it can lead to more creative things coming out of it. The new update adds many possibilities for tons of new levels of all kinds, as well as a world map maker with good functionality, so I think it was really good for creators.
Image Image
walker guy

I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

(GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

I support:
ImageImage

Chanceux2
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Chanceux2 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:38 pm

With the SMM2 Final Update and man that was quick... They Shouldn't stop updating SMM2 already. Yes I know I see these cool features and blah blah blah but the game still looks unfinished I mean I would agree with teemster up there I don't like the reason why you can only put 4 level per world. Super mario bros. x had like 5 updates before it ended but Super Mario Maker 2 still needs to get out updates. I know bugs are still out there. Why they think they can just stop the updates suddenly I mean at the third one?? Anyways we can make a same levels from SMM2 and SMBX2/38A so We don't have any problems with that and I don't know what I'm getting out right now.

Super Mario Maker is for Everyone so if you expected alot out of this then... like we know that the sprites are different but look at the bright side. If they keep the Super Mario Bros. Sprites then... I really don't know what I'm getting out so ignore me and just read this
Idunn wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:35 pm
Same for you, if people want to use SMM then let them, this kinda discourages people to give the Game a try because "Muh SMBX is much better than what NIntendo made because we don't have limitations and endless creativity and you can't do that in SMM"

Yes we understand also, that you prefer Smbx so you don't need to repeat that again and again.

You do realize that Smm has a different Audience than Smbx or?

Teemster2
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Teemster2 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:28 pm

Enjl wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:50 am
Teemster2 wrote:
Limitation breeds creativity. The best SMM2 levels I've seen are much better than the best SMBX levels I've seen.
I actually agree with you on this. Most of my YouTube watching for Mario games is mm2 by Ryukhar and I have seen some great levels.

I will also say mm2 is a lot more simpler to use.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Chanceux2
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Chanceux2 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:46 pm

Teemster2 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:28 pm
Enjl wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:
Limitation breeds creativity. The best SMM2 levels I've seen are much better than the best SMBX levels I've seen.
I actually agree with you on this. Most of my YouTube watching for Mario games is mm2 by Ryukhar and I have seen some great levels.

Much easier to use than PGE Editor (I mean come on its the truth)

SPEEDIE
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: https://discord.gg/fahyrvk
Current Project: Blade of Justice
Chat Username: SPEEDIE

Postby SPEEDIE » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:12 am

Chanceux2 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:46 pm
Teemster2 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:28 pm
Enjl wrote:

Much easier to use than PGE Editor (I mean come on its the truth)
Sorry, but I disagree. The only thing I like more is how you don't have to use multiple tiles, you just place.
If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Join my SMBX discord server for exclusive updates and much more.
https://discord.gg/fahyrvk

Finished Projects:

Ongoing Projects:

Blade of Justice.

TheGameyFireBro105
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: Good at remakes
Chat Username: GameyFireBro

Postby TheGameyFireBro105 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:44 am

I've had a change.org page set up, asking for more updates.
http://chng.it/4CJjHvYZ

Who here wants more stuff in SMM2? I know I do!!!
I love these episodes; Go and support:

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:59 pm

TheGameyFireBro105 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:44 am

That's not how game development works.
The ABC of Creation

thegameseum
Pokey
Pokey
Flair: h
Current Project: a secret project, which is currently on hold for now.
Chat Username: pdizzle

Postby thegameseum » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:36 pm

TheGameyFireBro105 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:44 am

They're not going to update the game just because a petition was signed online. Besides, they've already confirmed that 3.0 was the final major update.
Image Image
walker guy

I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

(GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

I support:
ImageImage

TheGameyFireBro105
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: Good at remakes
Chat Username: GameyFireBro

Postby TheGameyFireBro105 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:36 am

There's been a theory that Nintendo was gonna do more updates, but didn't because of SMM2's sales. If that's the case, they probably still have the stuff to make those updates. Haven't you seen the Bowser statues in world maker. Their redesigns (fire in the eyes) make me think that they were planned to be in the main game. With that in mind, that would've probably meant both normal and laser statues.
I love these episodes; Go and support:

Idunn
Pokey
Pokey
Flair: Robotic
Current Project: Super Mario Forces Timeline
Chat Username: Name you never find

Postby Idunn » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:23 am

I doubt that Mario Maker 2 didn’t sell well, theories are just made up things.

If they ever do a third one there will be hope.
Become a Novastar

Things i support!
ImageImage

Murphmario
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: Project planned; waiting for SMBX2 Beta 4

Postby Murphmario » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:39 pm

According to Wikipedia it sold 5.48 million copies. I honestly doubt that'd be considered a failure.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

Return to “Video Games”