Super Basic Mario Editor

This is the place for video games!
User avatar
Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1785
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:44 pm
Flair: 狐エンジニア
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881
Contact:

Re: Visual Super Mario Bros. X (VSMBX) Thread

Postby Wohlstand » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:38 am

I think, you should add a magic number into files:

Code: Select all

 Try
            sw = New StreamWriter(SavePath, False)

            sw.WriteLine(2)       ' <---   Version code
            sw.WriteLine(Level.Music)
            sw.WriteLine(Level.BGid)
            sw.WriteLine(Level.LevelW)
            sw.WriteLine(Level.LevelH)
It is much important, because without it you will have no able to open old files with newer version when you added new parameters into files:

Code: Select all

        Dim sr As New StreamReader(fs)
        Dim versionCode as Integer(0)         '<-- Define magic number code
        
        versionCode = sr.ReadLine()              '<--- Read first line

        Level.Music = sr.ReadLine()
        Level.BGid = sr.ReadLine()
        IF versionCode >= 2 then               
            Level.SomeNewValue = sr.ReadLine()   '<-- This value wasn't in previous version, if file saved by old version, skip it
        End If               
        LevelSettings.PlayM.StopPlayback()
       
        Level.Song = "custom"
        LevelSettings.SetLevelMusic()
You should increase your magic number in save dialog when you adding a new parameters and you should skip values which wasn't supported in older versions.

Also you have able to use markers for each parameter. This thing will give you able to don't save some parameters into file which will reduce size of them. Also markers (tags) giving you able to associate fields with internal values. Unknown tags can be skiped (file is independent to version of software). BUT it's a hard way to imlement it.: I have an implemented PGE-X file format which flexible and universal, it uses for LVLX/WLDX/.meta files. I made a big effort to implement it: writer is simple, but reader having a lot's of parsers and protectors to prevent opening of wrong file. Anyway I wish to make .NET library (bunch of both C# and VB.NET codes which providing functions and containers for SMBX and PGE file formats) and you can use it to implement support of read/write SMBX-compatible files and my LVXL/WLDX formats. Now I have absolute support of SMBX LVL/WLD file format because we with Kevin was disassembled SMBX and got hidden conditions which we was used to fix our.

Usage will be simple:

Code: Select all

Dim loadedData as FileFormats.LevelData      ' Define level data container which inside library
loadedData = FileFormats.ReadSMBX64LvlFile(sr.ReadAll(), FilePath);        'read whole filedata and put it as argument of reading function. Will be parsed SMBX Level file. Filepath value is dummy here, here it only spliting and saving into structure where you can get custom level folder name and also you can get direct path of level folder from loadedData.path variable.

IF loadedData.ReadFileValid is false then
    Exit Function          ' If file format is invalid, you SHOULD abort read function BEFORE you will clear your current arrays
EndSub

' If file was successfully parsed, you can clear your arrays and put gotten data
' LevelData struct collecting header values and arrays of items: https://github.com/Wohlhabend-Networks/PlatGEnWohl/blob/master/Editor/file_formats/lvl_filedata.h#L253
' You can get necessary data from it and put them into your internal arrays
If you wish to write, you should copy your current data into new LevelData structure (don't forget to initialize it with FileFormats.dummyLvlDataArray()), after you can generate RAW data with FileFormats.WriteSMBX64LvlFile(preparedToWriteData); This function will return string value which have whole file data which you can write target file into file by alone call of writing function.

With LVLX fils are same thing: you have necessary tu use ReadExtendedLvlFile() and WriteExtendedLvlFile()
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon
Image

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

Image
P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

User avatar
Aero
Palom
Palom
Posts: 4621
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Re: Visual Super Mario Bros. X (VSMBX) Thread

Postby Aero » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:13 am

I'm not doing anything with file and editor version checking until I'm able to get a host for live updates.

Anyways in 1.0.1.4 look out for power-ups, more playable characters, and some moar bug fixes. I plan on having the beginning stages of object interactivity being done by the end of February. I'm still removing redundant and old code and trying to improve what I have, so new stuff will be slow until the foundation of the game engine is improved.

User avatar
ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1537
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:21 am
Current Project: The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle
Chat Username: ShadowStarX
Contact:

Re: Visual Super Mario Bros. X (VSMBX) Thread

Postby ShadowStarX » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:59 pm

New powerups going to be awesome i think, but a Q:
Is that a problem just for me if the game lags hard (goes with 15-20 FPS) or it is for everyone? (sorry if already asked and thx if answer)
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Shadow Yoshi, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"A serious joke question" - MECHDRAGON777, 2020

My Project - The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle


User avatar
Aero
Palom
Palom
Posts: 4621
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Re: Visual Super Mario Bros. X (VSMBX) Thread

Postby Aero » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:34 pm

SMBX-fan wrote:New powerups going to be awesome i think, but a Q:
Is that a problem just for me if the game lags hard (goes with 15-20 FPS) or it is for everyone? (sorry if already asked and thx if answer)
Post your specs. I worked awhile to maximize performance.

User avatar
SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1468
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: Visual Super Mario Bros. X (VSMBX) Thread

Postby SnifitGuy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:27 pm

GhostHawk wrote:
SMBX-fan wrote:New powerups going to be awesome i think, but a Q:
Is that a problem just for me if the game lags hard (goes with 15-20 FPS) or it is for everyone? (sorry if already asked and thx if answer)
Post your specs. I worked awhile to maximize performance.
I'm not sure specs should really matter all that much with something as basic as VSMBX. As far as I know, it should work fine even on an i3 core.

User avatar
Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1785
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:44 pm
Flair: 狐エンジニア
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881
Contact:

Re: Visual Super Mario Bros. X (VSMBX) Thread

Postby Wohlstand » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:54 pm

SnifitGuy wrote:
GhostHawk wrote:
SMBX-fan wrote:New powerups going to be awesome i think, but a Q:
Is that a problem just for me if the game lags hard (goes with 15-20 FPS) or it is for everyone? (sorry if already asked and thx if answer)
Post your specs. I worked awhile to maximize performance.
I'm not sure specs should really matter all that much with something as basic as VSMBX. As far as I know, it should work fine even on an i3 core.
Better target CPU is a Pentium III (800 Hz) or IV (1.5~2.4 GHz) because is not require so much performance for simple 2D graphics of this game.
If game will NOT work with those CPU's or will work slow: optimization and better methods are required. You should use OpenGL or DirectDraw to render your graphics. With them you will have more CPU time for game logic and physics.
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon
Image

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

Image
P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

User avatar
ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1537
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:21 am
Current Project: The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle
Chat Username: ShadowStarX
Contact:

Re: Visual Super Mario Bros. X (VSMBX) Thread

Postby ShadowStarX » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:04 am

I know it was already mention but when the real non-beta version 1.0 come out, can i be a level designer of the first just VSMBX-compatibile episode? I would suggest these worlds:
1: Sunshine Steppes - Grassland
2: Droughty Dunes - Desert
3: Soda Sea - Beach
4: Woodland Mountain - Forest+Mountain
5: Frosty Tundra - Ice
6: Floating Islands - Sky
7: Lethal Lava Lair - Volcano
Bonus: Legendary Galaxies - Space
If this seems an okay idea, i would take entire Woodland Mountain & 2 levels from each other worlds. (except legendary galaxies)

Sorry if it's not a good idea and seems spam.

EDIT: i don't know is it already suggested but i'd like to see Samus Aran, Wario and Waluigi as playables. (ofc after the original smbx features added)
Samus: Luigi's jump height and Peach's acceleration
Standard (no powerup): Shoots in 4 block range
Mushroomed: Unlimited range but can't shoot through walls (so long range beam)
Fire flower: Wave beam (can go though walls)
Ice flower: Ice beam (same with long range beam but freeze, 2nd shoot kills the enemy)
Leaf: Allowing double jump and the beam can kill 2 enemies/break 2 bricks at once.
Tanooki Suit: Leaf power+Statue
Hammer Suit: Rockets (these can kill everything what hammer suit can and explodes like Peach's bombs without hurting herself)
Can't ride boot or Yoshi.
Wario:
- Same acceleration with Peach
- Normal jump height
- Spin jump
- Can punch (it replaces the tail attack with leaf or tanooki too), if you have a fire or ice flower or hammer suit, you can punch just with alt. attack
- Double jump with leaf or tanooki
- Can't ride Yoshi
Waluigi:
- Mario's acceleration
- Luigi's Jump height
- Can't ride Yoshi
- Falls as slow as Luigi
- Spin jump
- Worse slow down with leaf when fall
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Shadow Yoshi, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"A serious joke question" - MECHDRAGON777, 2020

My Project - The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle


User avatar
Aero
Palom
Palom
Posts: 4621
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Re: Visual Super Mario Bros. X (VSMBX) Thread

Postby Aero » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:40 am

SMBX-fan wrote:I know it was already mention but when the real non-beta version 1.0 come out, can i be a level designer of the first just VSMBX-compatibile episode? I would suggest these worlds:
1: Sunshine Steppes - Grassland
2: Droughty Dunes - Desert
3: Soda Sea - Beach
4: Woodland Mountain - Forest+Mountain
5: Frosty Tundra - Ice
6: Floating Islands - Sky
7: Lethal Lava Lair - Volcano
Bonus: Legendary Galaxies - Space
If this seems an okay idea, i would take entire Woodland Mountain & 2 levels from each other worlds. (except legendary galaxies)

Sorry if it's not a good idea and seems spam.
It's way too early for me to say what's going to happen with the first VSMBX episode.
SMBX-fan wrote:EDIT: i don't know is it already suggested but i'd like to see Samus Aran, Wario and Waluigi as playables. (ofc after the original smbx features added)
Samus: Luigi's jump height and Peach's acceleration
Standard (no powerup): Shoots in 4 block range
Mushroomed: Unlimited range but can't shoot through walls (so long range beam)
Fire flower: Wave beam (can go though walls)
Ice flower: Ice beam (same with long range beam but freeze, 2nd shoot kills the enemy)
Leaf: Allowing double jump and the beam can kill 2 enemies/break 2 bricks at once.
Tanooki Suit: Leaf power+Statue
Hammer Suit: Rockets (these can kill everything what hammer suit can and explodes like Peach's bombs without hurting herself)
Can't ride boot or Yoshi.
Wario:
- Same acceleration with Peach
- Normal jump height
- Spin jump
- Can punch (it replaces the tail attack with leaf or tanooki too), if you have a fire or ice flower or hammer suit, you can punch just with alt. attack
- Double jump with leaf or tanooki
- Can't ride Yoshi
Waluigi:
- Mario's acceleration
- Luigi's Jump height
- Can't ride Yoshi
- Falls as slow as Luigi
- Spin jump
- Worse slow down with leaf when fall
Keep in mind VSMBX will be customizable, and creating characters like Samus, Wario and Waluigi should be easy to do on your own for your own episodes. I really hope I can get it to where it's as easy as making custom NPCs for SMBX. If there is a really high demand, then I'll consider adding new characters.

User avatar
ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1537
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:21 am
Current Project: The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle
Chat Username: ShadowStarX
Contact:

Re: Visual Super Mario Bros. X (VSMBX) Thread

Postby ShadowStarX » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:16 am

GhostHawk wrote:
SMBX-fan wrote:EDIT: i don't know is it already suggested but i'd like to see Samus Aran, Wario and Waluigi as playables. (ofc after the original smbx features added)
Samus: Luigi's jump height and Peach's acceleration
Standard (no powerup): Shoots in 4 block range
Mushroomed: Unlimited range but can't shoot through walls (so long range beam)
Fire flower: Wave beam (can go though walls)
Ice flower: Ice beam (same with long range beam but freeze, 2nd shoot kills the enemy)
Leaf: Allowing double jump and the beam can kill 2 enemies/break 2 bricks at once.
Tanooki Suit: Leaf power+Statue
Hammer Suit: Rockets (these can kill everything what hammer suit can and explodes like Peach's bombs without hurting herself)
Can't ride boot or Yoshi.
Wario:
- Same acceleration with Peach
- Normal jump height
- Spin jump
- Can punch (it replaces the tail attack with leaf or tanooki too), if you have a fire or ice flower or hammer suit, you can punch just with alt. attack
- Double jump with leaf or tanooki
- Can't ride Yoshi
Waluigi:
- Mario's acceleration
- Luigi's Jump height
- Can't ride Yoshi
- Falls as slow as Luigi
- Spin jump
- Worse slow down with leaf when fall
Keep in mind VSMBX will be customizable, and creating characters like Samus, Wario and Waluigi should be easy to do on your own for your own episodes. I really hope I can get it to where it's as easy as making custom NPCs for SMBX. If there is a really high demand, then I'll consider adding new characters.
By adding new characters should I need to replace the already existing ones? Wario and Waluigi doesn't seem that hard to create (except the punch for Wario) but Samus is very different from other characters like Link. (true Samus would be very OP on "low-amount of powerup" levels) I still say adding new features enough after the SMBX's features already added and for the first version i don't really want very much new things except the already existing ones+very some (like 3-4) new enemies. (every1 knows when you build a house, at first you have to build the bedrock)

However i forgot to say, you're awesome GhostHawk and I hope it will be more famous than SMBX after it releases. (meant for the full version 1.0)
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Shadow Yoshi, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"A serious joke question" - MECHDRAGON777, 2020

My Project - The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle


User avatar
Aero
Palom
Palom
Posts: 4621
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Re: Visual Super Mario Bros. X (VSMBX) Thread

Postby Aero » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:29 am

Hopefully not, in theory you could have as many new characters as you want without replacing old ones. That is at least what my concept is, I don't know how I would do that quite yet so you'll have to wait on that.

Also, thank you for that last part. :>

andreepika11233
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:48 am

Re: Visual Super Mario Bros. X (VSMBX) Thread

Postby andreepika11233 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:14 am

will the .lvl files from smbx will be compatible with vsmbx?
Spoiler: show
"noot! noot!" - Pingu the penguin
I support.
Image

User avatar
ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1537
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:21 am
Current Project: The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle
Chat Username: ShadowStarX
Contact:

Re: Visual Super Mario Bros. X (VSMBX) Thread

Postby ShadowStarX » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:21 am

andreepika11233 wrote:will the .lvl files from smbx will be compatible with vsmbx?
Nope, but there will be a converter which converts smbx level files to vsmbx level files. (reverse it won't work because vsmbx will have more options, obviously)
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Shadow Yoshi, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"A serious joke question" - MECHDRAGON777, 2020

My Project - The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle


andreepika11233
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:48 am

Re: Visual Super Mario Bros. X (VSMBX) Thread

Postby andreepika11233 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:28 am

SMBX-fan wrote:
andreepika11233 wrote:will the .lvl files from smbx will be compatible with vsmbx?
Nope, but there will be a converter which converts smbx level files to vsmbx level files. (reverse it won't work because vsmbx will have more options, obviously)
Can it work with wld. files?
Also will it come after the events were implemented?
Spoiler: show
"noot! noot!" - Pingu the penguin
I support.
Image

User avatar
ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1537
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:21 am
Current Project: The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle
Chat Username: ShadowStarX
Contact:

Re: Visual Super Mario Bros. X (VSMBX) Thread

Postby ShadowStarX » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:50 pm

andreepika11233 wrote:
SMBX-fan wrote:
andreepika11233 wrote:will the .lvl files from smbx will be compatible with vsmbx?
Nope, but there will be a converter which converts smbx level files to vsmbx level files. (reverse it won't work because vsmbx will have more options, obviously)
Can it work with wld. files?
Also will it come after the events were implemented?
I don't think world files will be compatibile but there's going to be a converter.


However maybe i misread something when i looked around in the topic but will this game use PNG, JPEG or GIF files. If use not gif, then where is a converter where you can convert 30-40 images at once. (i know that's long work for the pc but not too much clicks so it's actually shorter)
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Shadow Yoshi, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"A serious joke question" - MECHDRAGON777, 2020

My Project - The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle


User avatar
Aero
Palom
Palom
Posts: 4621
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Re: Visual Super Mario Bros. X (VSMBX) Thread

Postby Aero » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:32 pm

GhostHawk wrote:
SMBX-fan wrote:New powerups going to be awesome i think, but a Q:
Is that a problem just for me if the game lags hard (goes with 15-20 FPS) or it is for everyone? (sorry if already asked and thx if answer)
Post your specs. I worked awhile to maximize performance.
I did some more tests, and there's a bit of a dip in framerate when playing levels with backgrounds for some reason. It still looks like an issue with your hardware since it isn't going as low as you're saying, but it is there.
andreepika11233 wrote:
SMBX-fan wrote:
andreepika11233 wrote:will the .lvl files from smbx will be compatible with vsmbx?
Nope, but there will be a converter which converts smbx level files to vsmbx level files. (reverse it won't work because vsmbx will have more options, obviously)
Can it work with wld. files?
Also will it come after the events were implemented?
I'm thinking about making a converter between SMBX and VSMBX. I'm not sure when it will come out though.

User avatar
UnknownPlayer1068
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:14 am
Current Project: Nothing

An stupid unhandled excepted error.

Postby UnknownPlayer1068 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:22 am

Sooooo..... I just downloaded this looked amazing editor,then a veeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrryyy bad thing happened,
I opened the editor,i didn't do anything ,and an error popped-up.

I was like 'OH NOO!!!! screw these UGLY dialog boxes!!!!"
I clicked the continue button,attempting to continue,but when I move the cursor to the Level Editor window,the error popped-up again.
Then i discovered that everytime when I move my cursor to the level editor window,it will just give me this stupid error.

Here is the error:
Spoiler: show
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this stupid dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Cannot load Counter Name data because an invalid index '' was read from the registry. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot load Counter Name data because an invalid index '' was read from the registry.
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.GetStringTable(Boolean isHelp)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_NameTable()
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_CategoryTable()
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String category, String counter, Boolean& categoryExists)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String machine, String category, String counter)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.InitializeImpl()
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName, Boolean readOnly)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName)
at MarioEditor.Debug..ctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at MarioEditor.My.MyProject.MyForms.Create__Instance__[T](T Instance)
at MarioEditor.My.MyProject.MyForms.get_Debug()
at MarioEditor.Debug.MouseLoc(Int32 X, Int32 Y)
at MarioEditor.Form2.Form2_MouseMove(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MarioEditor
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Zisac/Downloads/VSMBX%20Beta%201.0.1.3%20(1)/content/VSMBX.exe
----------------------------------------
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 11.0.50938.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
----------------------------------------
System
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Core
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Drawing
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Runtime.Remoting
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34245 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Xml
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
----------------------------------------

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Fix it please!!
Image

User avatar
Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1785
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:44 pm
Flair: 狐エンジニア
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881
Contact:

Re: Visual Super Mario Bros. X (VSMBX) Thread

Postby Wohlstand » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:37 am

UnknownPlayer1068 wrote:Here is the error:

Fix it please!!
I had this crap too, what Ghost Hawk told me about it:
GhostHawk wrote:
Wohlstand wrote: ........and crash on mouse over into graphic window detected:
Error on form creation: Can't load data of counter name because detected wrong registry index, etc.
Spoiler: show
System.InvalidOperationException: Ошибка при создании формы. См. Exception.InnerException. Ошибка: Не удается загрузить данные имени счетчика, поскольку в реестре обнаружен недопустимый индекс "". ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Не удается загрузить данные имени счетчика, поскольку в реестре обнаружен недопустимый индекс "".
в System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.GetStringTable(Boolean isHelp)
в System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_NameTable()
в System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_CategoryTable()
в System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String category, String counter, Boolean& categoryExists)
в System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String machine, String category, String counter)
в System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.InitializeImpl()
в System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName, Boolean readOnly)
в System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName)
в MarioEditor.Debug..ctor()
This seems like a problem between your registry and the .NET Framework 4's Performance Counter used to show the CPU and Memory usage. I don't think this is a problem with VSMBX, but I'll try and work around it just in case.

Try running a full repair on .NET Framework 4, then open command prompt and type "lodctr /r" (You need admin privileges for this), and reboot.
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon
Image

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

Image
P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

User avatar
UnknownPlayer1068
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:14 am
Current Project: Nothing

Re: Visual Super Mario Bros. X (VSMBX) Thread

Postby UnknownPlayer1068 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:53 am

it worked,but I will delete it for now,when a version with all the features of smbx 1.3.01 is released,
I will try it out,but i hope he add back the arrow keys scrolling feature,i used to use arrow keys.
Image

User avatar
ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1537
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:21 am
Current Project: The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle
Chat Username: ShadowStarX
Contact:

Re: Visual Super Mario Bros. X (VSMBX) Thread

Postby ShadowStarX » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:42 am

My ideas are animal buddies or something like them. You can transform into them.
Yoshi the dinosaur
I'm not talking about the species, I'm talking about the character who appears in Mario spinoffs and SM64DS, not about SMW.
He can flutter jump unlike rideable Yoshis. Another advantage for he is the higher jump and better speed. (jumps as high as Luigi and runs as fast as Toad) Abilities are depends on who turns into Yoshi:
Mario -> nothing increase but can make every shell into fireballs, like Red Yoshi
Luigi -> jumps even higher
Toad -> runs even faster
Peach -> longer flutter jump
Link -> jumps higher, runs faster but shorter flutter jump
Fred the swordfish
When Mario turns into Fred, he can swim by using the arrow keys instead of the jump, which makes underwater navigate easier plus Fred can even pierce. If you can't imagine what am i talking about, just check Enguarde in Donkey Kong. Fred has same abilites for all characters.
Edward the eagle
He's basically a blue shoe Mario but can spit rocks. Works similary to Squawks in Donkey Kong.

Maybe not these animals can be the best but the main idea is having something not right them. And sorry if i give too much ideas.
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Shadow Yoshi, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"A serious joke question" - MECHDRAGON777, 2020

My Project - The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle


User avatar
Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 1897
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:30 am
Current Project: SMBX2 Custom Assets Library
Chat Username: SquishyRex

Re: Visual Super Mario Bros. X (VSMBX) Thread

Postby Squishy Rex » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:33 am

SMBX-fan wrote:My ideas are animal buddies or something like them. You can transform into them.
Yoshi the dinosaur
I'm not talking about the species, I'm talking about the character who appears in Mario spinoffs and SM64DS, not about SMW.
He can flutter jump unlike rideable Yoshis. Another advantage for he is the higher jump and better speed. (jumps as high as Luigi and runs as fast as Toad) Abilities are depends on who turns into Yoshi:
Mario -> nothing increase but can make every shell into fireballs, like Red Yoshi
Luigi -> jumps even higher
Toad -> runs even faster
Peach -> longer flutter jump
Link -> jumps higher, runs faster but shorter flutter jump
Fred the swordfish
When Mario turns into Fred, he can swim by using the arrow keys instead of the jump, which makes underwater navigate easier plus Fred can even pierce. If you can't imagine what am i talking about, just check Enguarde in Donkey Kong. Fred has same abilites for all characters.
Edward the eagle
He's basically a blue shoe Mario but can spit rocks. Works similary to Squawks in Donkey Kong.

Maybe not these animals can be the best but the main idea is having something not right them. And sorry if i give too much ideas.
I see your point, however, if something like this was to be added, I think something a lot more simpler would work better. Something like Kirby's "Stone Friends" ability from Kirby 64 is what I'm getting at. You can use the power of the item to transform into a "Friend" which allows the player to accomplish a task otherwise impossible to do without said power-up. An example from Kirby 64 would be where the Rick the Hamster "Stone Friend" allows Kirby to scale walls and reach a Crystal Shard that can only be reached by using Rick. This shard cannot be flown to by Kirby or by any other means. The "Stone Friends" ability also can cycle through Rick, Coo, Gooey and Kine without needing to ascertain a specific item for each "Stone Friend".
Squishy Rex's SMBX2 Custom Asset Pack v1.0
Image
Coming soon!


Return to “Video Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests