Super Basic Mario Editor

This is the place for video games!
Bryux
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Re: Visual Super Mario Bros. X (VSMBX) Thread

Postby Bryux » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:40 am

This would probably be impossible but I would love to see something that would be similar to the giant rotating gears in the NSMB games.
Obligatory signaturtle
Oh yeah. Praise the moon!

Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Squishy Rex » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:55 am

Well, it wouldn't be impossible, as it has been done before with rotating hills and blocks in an old and long ago cancelled SMB:R made by mr.gameandwatch. So it could be done, but I don't know how hard it would be to do or whether GhostHawk plans to implement these rotating blocks at all.
Squishy Rex's SMBX2 Custom Asset Pack v1.0
Coming soon!

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy

Postby Aero » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:17 pm

Update:

Implemented ground-collision and gravity.

Fuyu
Wart
Wart

Postby Fuyu » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:45 pm

Awesome! Good going GhostHawk! I'm getting nervous! :D

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:38 pm

That's awesome to hear! Physics are good.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Squishy Rex » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:19 am

Well that sure was quick! It's great to see how much progress your making on this even though you're a one man team. I'm definitely supporting this to the finish line, nice work GhostHawk! :)
Squishy Rex's SMBX2 Custom Asset Pack v1.0
Coming soon!

Lnik3500
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Lnik3500 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:49 am

I'm glad your making progress and I'm looking forward to download it but could you restore the way to resize thing (arrows instead of coodinates or maybe both?) Also could you put the option to resize the levels boundarys like it is now (I mean the up,down,left,right thing in the level settings)?

Blck_Guy
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Blck_Guy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:47 pm

I was also thinking of a select - move, delete, and copy/paste. You know what I mean.

And also if there's not going to be placement limitations (both for the Level Editor and WorldMap) do we need 2x2 4x4 (etc) blocks & title/sets?
Should GhostHawk add link to VSMBX?

LIVE ON YOUTUBE:
Spoiler: show
IRC Moments:
<Blck_Guy> Is here a Type of Drug for Legend-Master980 to make him stop Aging Fast?
<Legend-Master980> Blck_Guy: Thanks.
<Nexia> Gohan what else do u need
<PrincessMarina> You
<Blck_Guy> I'm a DUCK
* Anna roasts duck for dinner
<Blck_Guy> Anna I hope I taste Good...
<Anna> Blck_Guy, not u silly
<PrincessMarina> Blck_Guy: you taste good.
<Blck_Guy> PrincessMarina Owww Thanks..... :')
<XerX> Without Reghrhre there is no fun here anymore :c *cri*
<Blck_Guy> XerX Stop Showing us that you Love reghrhre so much!!
<XerX> No
<Nexia> May the spammers never touch this beauty
YouTube Channel:

Other Things:
CC10 level progress: Completed

TangledLion
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby TangledLion » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:24 pm

If you have cheats, Don't make them the same as in SMBX. Especially the save cheat, Because EVERYONE knows it (I knew Before the spam MSG, which shows how commonplace it is on other parts of the Internets)

Also Is VSMBX forums not loading for anyone else? I can't seem to get it to load...(Hence my idea Being posted here)
I'll be honest, I'm not sure If I'm gonna come back here...

Blck_Guy
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Blck_Guy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:29 pm

TangledLion wrote:If you have cheats, Don't make them the same as in SMBX. Especially the save cheat, Because EVERYONE knows it (I knew Before the spam MSG, which shows how commonplace it is on other parts of the Internets)

Also Is VSMBX forums not loading for anyone else? I can't seem to get it to load...(Hence my idea Being posted here)

Nor it will load for me: Ping 501 problem

LIVE ON YOUTUBE:
IRC Moments:
<Blck_Guy> Is here a Type of Drug for Legend-Master980 to make him stop Aging Fast?
<PrincessMarina> You
<Blck_Guy> I'm a DUCK
<XerX> No
YouTube Channel:

Other Things:

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:36 pm

TangledLion wrote:If you have cheats, Don't make them the same as in SMBX. Especially the save cheat, Because EVERYONE knows it (I knew Before the spam MSG, which shows how commonplace it is on other parts of the Internets)

Cheats can be discovered through the source code anyway. And the prophpbb servers are down. I really wish I had better options for forum hosting, so this will be something to be dealt with until I can afford paid hosting.

zioy
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zioy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:37 pm

GhostHawk wrote:

Cheats can be discovered through the source code anyway. And the prophpbb servers are down. I really wish I had better options for forum hosting, so this will be something to be dealt with until I can afford paid hosting.
I like prophpbb for free hosting. Their paid hosting is actually nice as well. The servers only really go down once a month or less.

Blck_Guy
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Blck_Guy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:54 pm

GhostHawk wrote:

I got a Forum on Proborads if you want it?
It brand new and I didn't do anything with it.

LIVE ON YOUTUBE:
IRC Moments:
<PrincessMarina> You
<Blck_Guy> I'm a DUCK
<XerX> No
YouTube Channel:

Other Things:

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:16 pm

KoolKat wrote:
GhostHawk wrote:

I like prophpbb for free hosting. Their paid hosting is actually nice as well. The servers only really go down once a month or less.
It's decent but even that amount of downtime isn't good for a professional host.
Blck_Guy wrote:
GhostHawk wrote:

I got a Forum on Proborads if you want it?
It brand new and I didn't do anything with it.
Sorry, phpbb master race only for me.

zioy
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zioy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:17 pm

GhostHawk wrote: Sorry, phpbb master race only for me.
jes

Super easy-to-use and yet very powerful

xtremegamer51
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby xtremegamer51 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:38 pm

You gotta add playable Sammy in there.

So,if I recall correctly,hopefully the beta will be here by Winter....so,thats great to hear!
Even though I haven't actually really posted on this thread to much,actually.....no!What am I saying!??!I haven't posted on this topic at all yet as of now!(Well....unless you count this post of course!)
I have been following/looking at this thread for a while now,and am looking forward to this!
Open the door,get on the floor,everybody do the DINOSAUR!
ImageImage
I support...
Irc chat messages of glory.
[20:49] <RedPanda> WHO WANNA PLAY GARRYS MOD M8S!??!
[20:49] <kinoko> I can play MK8
[20:49] <RedPanda> You win
[20:50] <RedPanda> Gotta put that line in my signature

[15:00] <Xtremegamer51> Captain R U Redy 4 Freddeh?
[15:00] <CaptainAmerica> Xtremegamer51 Thanks but I'm not gay.
[15:01] <CaptainAmerica> I don't want to be with Freddy.
I go by the name,RedPanda,and Xtremegamer51 on the IRC chat room. C:

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:31 am

xtremegamer51 wrote:You gotta add playable Sammy in there.

So,if I recall correctly,hopefully the beta will be here by Winter....so,thats great to hear!
Even though I haven't actually really posted on this thread to much,actually.....no!What am I saying!??!I haven't posted on this topic at all yet as of now!(Well....unless you count this post of course!)
I have been following/looking at this thread for a while now,and am looking forward to this!
There's been a change in plans. The first beta will be released on October 1st, and everyone will get to play it but Beta Testers get the source code for debugging. Read the rest of the thread for what to expect for the editor, along with very limited gameplay mechanics (walking left/right and falling due to gravity).

By the way since I'm mentioning the change in plan, I figure I should reiterate why. Since progress is slow atm (reason why: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 350#p74829) I figured an earlier release would help out better in the long run for people making suggestions, and helping out if needed. Also it gives everyone something to use in the meantime while the testers and I are working. The next release though after the first one in October could come from anywhere between a week to a month or two later.

Thank you for your interest in the game by the way!

Axiom
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Axiom » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:43 am

GhostHawk wrote:There's been a change in plans. The first beta will be released on October 1st, and everyone will get to play it but Beta Testers get the source code for debugging. Read the rest of the thread for what to expect for the editor, along with very limited gameplay mechanics (walking left/right and falling due to gravity).
oh jes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
mi body es ready
what am I??? doing

- Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses Unity Remake
- Florida Van Man YouTube Channel, where I DIY repair Sprinter vans.
- 3 small games in development

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:12 am

Luigifan2010 wrote:
GhostHawk wrote:There's been a change in plans. The first beta will be released on October 1st, and everyone will get to play it but Beta Testers get the source code for debugging. Read the rest of the thread for what to expect for the editor, along with very limited gameplay mechanics (walking left/right and falling due to gravity).
oh jes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
mi body es ready
Wow lol. That was funny. On a more serious note, I agree. Finally we may experience VSMBX in all of its glory in its demo stage! Keep up the good work, GhostHawk.

Lnik3500
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Lnik3500 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:40 am

YEAH!!!!!!!1111!!!!1111!!!!!

Return to “Video Games”