SMBX Minecraft Server W.I.P. Thread

This is the place for video games!
Danny
Mouser
Mouser
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: SMBX Minecraft Server (W.I.P., Need Help!)

Postby Danny » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:48 pm

*bump*

So I was looking at server costs, and I was wondering if 25 slots would be enough for everyone? This means that only 25 people would be playing at a time, but since we're all across different timezones, it might be best to do that. The server would be running 24/7 and it would cost me $10 per month, something that in the future may or may not get a little pricey.

The server will be vanilla Minecraft, since hosting a Bukkit server will cost more for me, by a lot. I will update the poll relatively soon with a vote for possible staff members once I get enough looking for that position or if somebody is nominated.

I'm still going to wait until 1.8 comes out just to be safe, but the server should arrive sooner than expected, I just need to wait for people looking to help build the map. Right now I would like at least 5 people looking to be semi-active staff members for the server, just so I can get the poll up and go over rules for the server with them. Again, the only things I'm waiting for are possible staff members and the big, bountiful 1.8 update coming out this month.

~Danny
Last edited by Danny on Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
You might know me as LMNtals, Syndrilevosse, Danny, or 8bitmushroom.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Pronouns: she/her they/them

Postby Aero » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:00 am

8bitmushroom wrote: The server will be vanilla Minecraft, since hosting a Bukkit server will cost more for me, by a lot. I will update the poll relatively soon with a vote for possible staff members once I get enough looking for that position or if somebody is nominated. I've discovered I don't really need any map builders to be honest, but I still need moderators.
You're damn right you'll need moderators, for Vanilla Minecraft. I'm more than willing to help out with that, but you should really get a bulky team going if this server isn't going to be private since there's more likely than not going to be major griefing, as you may know.

Danny
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Danny » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:08 am

GhostHawk wrote:You're damn right you'll need moderators, for Vanilla Minecraft. I'm more than willing to help out with that, but you should really get a bulky team going if this server isn't going to be private since there's more likely than not going to be major griefing, as you may know.
I was looking at getting a good team of moderators to span across different timezones in case the need arises for them, so yeah.

And by public, are you talking about for anyone to join? The server is exclusive to this community only, and I will make sure of that by adding a possible whitelist so nobody can send the address to random people.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

TangledLion
Spike
Spike

Postby TangledLion » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:30 am

I'm Still saving up for my own Minecraft account, but when I get it I'll Definitely want to join!
I'll be honest, I'm not sure If I'm gonna come back here...

Danny
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Danny » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:13 am

As cool as the pre-built maps look, I've decided against using them, and I am still looking for maybe one or two people to help out. The spawn area will be a surprise to everyone hopefully, so that's why I've decided to not do a pre-built one.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:17 am

8bitmushroom wrote:
GhostHawk wrote:You're damn right you'll need moderators, for Vanilla Minecraft. I'm more than willing to help out with that, but you should really get a bulky team going if this server isn't going to be private since there's more likely than not going to be major griefing, as you may know.
I was looking at getting a good team of moderators to span across different timezones in case the need arises for them, so yeah.

And by public, are you talking about for anyone to join? The server is exclusive to this community only, and I will make sure of that by adding a possible whitelist so nobody can send the address to random people.
Alright that's good with the moderator part, and yes by public I meant anyone could join if someone sent out the IP as you said. The mentioned whitelist would definitely help, however I'm not sure of a more efficient way than PMs or posting in this thread for people to be whitelisted so that may or not be an issue depending on how much traffic the server gets.

lighthouse64
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby lighthouse64 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:21 am

Would I be able to join through PE???
Just your average user...

Oh, and sometimes I arrange stuff like this :P https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/ ... 25261b1a11

Astronaut
Bit
Bit

Postby Astronaut » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:59 am

Are cracked users allowed?
ಠ_ಠ :B
☮ ✿ ✈ ♋ ☠ ☯ ♥ ✌ ✖ ☢ ☣ ☤ ❤ ❥ ❦ ❧ ♡ ✗ ✘ ♒ Ω ♦ ♠ ♥ ♣ ♢ ♤ ♡ ♧ ✦ ♔ ♕ ♚ ♛ ★ ☆ ✮ ✯ ☾ ☽ ☼ ☀ ☁ ☂ ☃ ☺ ♪ ♫ ♬ ✄ ✂ ✆ ✉ ∞ ♂ ♀ ☿ ▲ ▼ ₪ ✓ ✔ ✕ ☥ ☦ ☧ ☨ ☩ ☪ ☫

☬ ☭ ™ © ® ℗ ¿¡ № ∃ ⊥ ∀ ☹ ∞ ⌘ 文 ⑂ ஜ ๏ ت ツ ッ シ Ü ⅟ ½ ⅓ ¾ ⅔ ⅕ ⅖ ⅗ ⅘ ⅙ ⅚ ⅛ ⅜ ⅝ ⅞ Ⅰ Ⅱ Ⅲ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ Ⅺ Ⅻ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ ➀ ➁ ➂ ➃ ➄ ➅ ➆ ➇ ➈ ➉ ➊ ➋ ➌ ➍ ➎ ➏ ➐ ➑ ➒ ➓ ⓐ ⓑ ⓒ ⓓ ⓔ ⓕ ⓖ ⓗ ⓘ ⓙ ⓚ ⓛ ⓜ ⓝ ⓞ ⓟ ⓠ ⓡ ⓢ ⓣ ⓤ ⓥ ⓦ ⓧ ⓨ ⓩ ☚ ☛ ☜ ☝ ☞ ☟ ✙ ✚ ✛ ✜ ✝ ✞ ✠ ❂ ⋆ ✢ ✣ ✤ ✥ ✦ ✩ ✪ ✫ ✬ ✭ ✮ ✯ ✰ ★ ✱ ✲ ✳ ✴ ✵ ✶ ✷ ✸ ✹ ✺ ✻ ✼ ❄ ❅ ❆ ❇ ❈ ❉ ❊ ❋ ╰☆╮ ✡ ❂ -‘๑’- ✽ ✾ ✿ ❀ ❁ ❃ ❋ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯ ° ø ⊙ ☉ ❣ ✉ ✍ ✎ ✏ ✐ ☑ ☐ ☒ ␟ ␘ ❢ ➟ ➡ ➢ ➣ ➤ ➥ ➦ ➧ ➨ ➚ ➘ ➙ ➛ ➜ ➝ ➞ ➸ ♐ ➲ ➳ ➳ ➴ ➵ ➶ ➷ ➸ ➹ ➺ ➻ ➼ ➽ ← ↑ → ↓ ↔ ↕ ↖ ↗ ↘ ↙

Danny
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Danny » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:36 am

So, since the 1.8 update was released yesterday (much to my surprise), the server will be coming sooner than expected! The only things that really need finished up would have to be the hub map, which I am working on, and the staff members. Currently GhostHawk and TNTtimelord are the only staff members I have, and I'm looking for possibly one or two others that could help fill in a position, these people would hopefully be from different timezones, specifically in the Europe area hopefully?

I'm speculating a release in about October possibly, or maybe a little earlier than that. It definitely won't be this month due to real life related issues, but it will definitely be within the next month or so. Get hype.

In the mean time, I'd like anyone who is wanting to be whitelisted on the server to PM me their Minecraft username and I will add it to the list. As soon as the server opens, which is hopefully on October 1st at noon EST, or September 30th at midnight EST, everyone on the whitelist will be PM'd the IP address to the server, and you will all be set and ready to enter at any time you choose. The server will be run 24/7, and there will be rules to abide. If you feel a player has broken any of the rules that will be listed on the server's thread on the forums, in the rules bulletin in the main hub, or in any of the books available at spawn, let a staff member know and we'll take a look at it.

Also, as an added bonus, and to add hype, I may post some screenshots of the progress on the main hub up until the release date of the server. GET HYPE.

lighthouse64 wrote:Would I be able to join through PE???
Unfortunately not. The server is PC-only, and there is no way to make the server cross-platform. I will, however, look at the feature I was given to implement that allows users on mobile phones to still "connect" to the server. They can't play, but they are still able to chat and do commands on the server. I may put this on limited use if it doesn't work out as planned, however, since I don't want everyone on mobile devices backing up the slots that other people may want to play on, so just keep that in mind.
Astronaut wrote:Are cracked users allowed?
As much as I would refrain from allowing cracked/pirated users to be on the server, you will be able to connect, but you are held responsible for any damages caused by you and done to you or the server through the use of an illegal client. The staff, other users, and I are not held responsible for what your actions with an illegal client may cause, just keep that in mind, and please consider purchasing a legitimate copy of the game to prevent legal problems.

Astronaut
Bit
Bit

Postby Astronaut » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:17 am

8bitmushroom wrote:
As much as I would refrain from allowing cracked/pirated users to be on the server, you will be able to connect, but you are held responsible for any damages caused by you and done to you or the server through the use of an illegal client. The staff, other users, and I are not held responsible for what your actions with an illegal client may cause, just keep that in mind, and please consider purchasing a legitimate copy of the game to prevent legal problems.
Okay.
☮ ✿ ✈ ♋ ☠ ☯ ♥ ✌ ✖ ☢ ☣ ☤ ❤ ❥ ❦ ❧ ♡ ✗ ✘ ♒ Ω ♦ ♠ ♥ ♣ ♢ ♤ ♡ ♧ ✦ ♔ ♕ ♚ ♛ ★ ☆ ✮ ✯ ☾ ☽ ☼ ☀ ☁ ☂ ☃ ☺ ♪ ♫ ♬ ✄ ✂ ✆ ✉ ∞ ♂ ♀ ☿ ▲ ▼ ₪ ✓ ✔ ✕ ☥ ☦ ☧ ☨ ☩ ☪ ☫

☬ ☭ ™ © ® ℗ ¿¡ № ∃ ⊥ ∀ ☹ ∞ ⌘ 文 ⑂ ஜ ๏ ت ツ ッ シ Ü ⅟ ½ ⅓ ¾ ⅔ ⅕ ⅖ ⅗ ⅘ ⅙ ⅚ ⅛ ⅜ ⅝ ⅞ Ⅰ Ⅱ Ⅲ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ Ⅺ Ⅻ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ ➀ ➁ ➂ ➃ ➄ ➅ ➆ ➇ ➈ ➉ ➊ ➋ ➌ ➍ ➎ ➏ ➐ ➑ ➒ ➓ ⓐ ⓑ ⓒ ⓓ ⓔ ⓕ ⓖ ⓗ ⓘ ⓙ ⓚ ⓛ ⓜ ⓝ ⓞ ⓟ ⓠ ⓡ ⓢ ⓣ ⓤ ⓥ ⓦ ⓧ ⓨ ⓩ ☚ ☛ ☜ ☝ ☞ ☟ ✙ ✚ ✛ ✜ ✝ ✞ ✠ ❂ ⋆ ✢ ✣ ✤ ✥ ✦ ✩ ✪ ✫ ✬ ✭ ✮ ✯ ✰ ★ ✱ ✲ ✳ ✴ ✵ ✶ ✷ ✸ ✹ ✺ ✻ ✼ ❄ ❅ ❆ ❇ ❈ ❉ ❊ ❋ ╰☆╮ ✡ ❂ -‘๑’- ✽ ✾ ✿ ❀ ❁ ❃ ❋ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯ ° ø ⊙ ☉ ❣ ✉ ✍ ✎ ✏ ✐ ☑ ☐ ☒ ␟ ␘ ❢ ➟ ➡ ➢ ➣ ➤ ➥ ➦ ➧ ➨ ➚ ➘ ➙ ➛ ➜ ➝ ➞ ➸ ♐ ➲ ➳ ➳ ➴ ➵ ➶ ➷ ➸ ➹ ➺ ➻ ➼ ➽ ← ↑ → ↓ ↔ ↕ ↖ ↗ ↘ ↙

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:48 pm

Astronaut wrote:Okay.
Please don't make one word posts.

SnifitGuy
Foo
Foo

Re: SMBX Minecraft Server | Coming October 1st! | Need Staff

Postby SnifitGuy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:43 pm

I would like to be a moderator please!!!!

lighthouse64
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby lighthouse64 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:21 pm

Spoiler: show
8bitmushroom wrote:So, since the 1.8 update was released yesterday (much to my surprise), the server will be coming sooner than expected! The only things that really need finished up would have to be the hub map, which I am working on, and the staff members. Currently GhostHawk and TNTtimelord are the only staff members I have, and I'm looking for possibly one or two others that could help fill in a position, these people would hopefully be from different timezones, specifically in the Europe area hopefully?

I'm speculating a release in about October possibly, or maybe a little earlier than that. It definitely won't be this month due to real life related issues, but it will definitely be within the next month or so. Get hype.

In the mean time, I'd like anyone who is wanting to be whitelisted on the server to PM me their Minecraft username and I will add it to the list. As soon as the server opens, which is hopefully on October 1st at noon EST, or September 30th at midnight EST, everyone on the whitelist will be PM'd the IP address to the server, and you will all be set and ready to enter at any time you choose. The server will be run 24/7, and there will be rules to abide. If you feel a player has broken any of the rules that will be listed on the server's thread on the forums, in the rules bulletin in the main hub, or in any of the books available at spawn, let a staff member know and we'll take a look at it.

Also, as an added bonus, and to add hype, I may post some screenshots of the progress on the main hub up until the release date of the server. GET HYPE.

lighthouse64 wrote:Would I be able to join through PE???
Unfortunately not. The server is PC-only, and there is no way to make the server cross-platform. I will, however, look at the feature I was given to implement that allows users on mobile phones to still "connect" to the server. They can't play, but they are still able to chat and do commands on the server. I may put this on limited use if it doesn't work out as planned, however, since I don't want everyone on mobile devices backing up the slots that other people may want to play on, so just keep that in mind.
Oh well... I guess I can't join then... :(. And I'm not buying it either. Already paid for one thing :P.
Just your average user...

Oh, and sometimes I arrange stuff like this :P https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/ ... 25261b1a11

Astronaut
Bit
Bit

Postby Astronaut » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:45 am

I have a problem with 1.8, It loads but It isn't starting minecraft. I can only use 1.7.10, would you make the server 1.7.10 supportable?

Danny
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Danny » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:07 pm

The server will be the latest version, which is 1.8. Can you tell me exactly what happens when it doesn't start up? Maybe I can help.

Astronaut
Bit
Bit

Postby Astronaut » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:31 am

8bitmushroom wrote:The server will be the latest version, which is 1.8. Can you tell me exactly what happens when it doesn't start up? Maybe I can help.
http://i.imgur.com/z0e9L4j.png I click start, after it loads, the play button appears again, allowing me to not play mc. It loads the same as last one.

Danny
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Danny » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:13 am

At the most I can tell you that your username is far too long, and I'm pretty certain it can't contain underscores.

At the least I can tell you it's because you're using a cracked client. It may be a far-fetched claim, so try the above first, and if it doesn't work, I can only assume that it is this exact reason.

Or it's because you're using 1.8, and if it is because you're using 1.8, I'm afraid I can't help you. The server will be 1.8 most definitely, and I'm not going to change that.

Vinyl Scratch
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: The God Emperor of SMBXkind

Postby Vinyl Scratch » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:17 pm

Hey bro if you need a moderator I'm up for it
Rest In Peace Privana.
Ad hominem.
Spoiler: show
Mivixion wrote:We don't cater to the minority.

RegisteredUsername wrote:Well with that shitty attitude of yours, I don't know how you are still on this Forums.

And with that long paragraph of shit, why aren't you classed as the "SMBX Community's bullshiter"?
Snowburger wrote:Also,yeah Vinyl,I must have serious brain damage for not liking something you like XD
DarkMatt wrote:You were off being a shitposter so I didn't bother.
AeroMatter wrote:4/17/2015 - The day an /a/ meme caused conflict in SMBX.
Joey wrote:In the future there will be an official version of SMBX that contains LunaLua, but it's not going to come right now. I promise that it'll happen, though.

<AeroMatter> vinyl tbch cause we need more people like you
<Vinyl> NEET Shitposters?
<AeroMatter> yes

:^)

zacharyz00
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby zacharyz00 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:38 am

Nice idea! I hope this server becomes available. :D
Who knows who I am at this point. PM me for my usernames on other sites

Danny
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Danny » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:10 pm

zacharyz00 wrote:Nice idea! I hope this server becomes available. :D
October 1st hopefully.
Vinyl Scratch wrote:Hey bro if you need a moderator I'm up for it
SnifitGuy wrote:I would like to be a moderator please!!!!
I'll look into that for both of you and PM you the results.

Also possible teaser images coming soon for the server map. GET HYPE.

Return to “Video Games”