Game of Throws™ hosted by ragont

This is the place for video games!
ragont
Grinder
Grinder

Game of Throws™ hosted by ragont

Postby ragont » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:31 am

SO LATELY I'VE BEEN CAUGHT BY AN IMMENSE DRAFT OF BOREDOM.
The reason? None of my lame-ass friends are playing DotA with me anymore.
SO, I'm making an event to
MOTHERFUCKING ZEUS wrote:Educate the young minds of our community on an ever growing, quickly altering video game called DotA 2.

WELCOME, TO
GAMEOFTHROWS

basically im going to have coaching sessions for anyone who's willing to learn this hard ass game (MIND YOU IM STILL PRETTY GARBAGE AT THE GAME MYSELF)
it's free, so why the fuck wouldn't you try it out. with me. in a dark room. at midnight. (GAME IS LIKE 12 GIGS WORTH OF HATS THOUGH I THINK AND YOU NEED A DECENT PC [MEANING NOT A WIN98 WITH 32mb RAM AND SOME ANCIENT ASS PROCESSOR] YOU ALSO HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE TUTORIAL BEFORE BEING ABLE TO ACTUALLY JOIN THE LOBBY BUT TRUST ME IT'S HELPFUL) also: the official site.

cOACHES (AKA THE DREAM TEAM)
________
me. (pizzaman, medusa, zeusjuice etc)
TheLordKhon (THEWARLORDKHAN)
Nientiendo (NITENDIDENDIFUCKTIENDO) (MADE A BRIEF GUIDE HERE)
Quill (tyler)

PUPILS (AKA THE WHIPPERSNAPPERS)
________
Slash (SURASHU-KUN)
Danny (THE8BITSEMICARRYPLAYER)
Bomber57 (MAN WITH THE PLAN)

WHEN WILL THE LEARNING SESSIONS HAPPEN?
WE'LL AGREE ON- ahem, we'll agree on a time frame that's best for all of us when we have enough coaches/students. otherwise we can just do individual sessions depending on how many people we get.

WHY SHOULD I BOTHER?
DotA 2 is becoming one of the biggest E-sports out there right now, with an outrageously contributing community.
Don't believe me? Take a look at this.
In just over a month, the community has raised nearly 8 million in USD as a prize pool for The International 4, Valve's own DotA 2 tournament.
Why not become a part of something this big? (the hats they give are pretty neat too)
that and it gives you a chance to help save D I G I T A L S P O R T S .
oh and it's also a really neat ARTS game.
DOTA ALSO HAS THE BEST WAIFUS (see: my avatar)

WHY SHOULD YOU (ragont) BOTHER?
BITCH I AM MOTHERFUCKING BORED
think of me as the wise, dad joke cracking, perverted ass sensei. i merely wish to teach young, ignorant and unenlightened pupils what it is to feel the flow of that which is DotA.
i also need more dota buddies.

PRECURSOR TO THE LEARNING: I recommend allowing public match data to be sent to external websites (namely DotaBuff, this makes it easier for me to track your progress, and gives you more detailed match info.
To do this:
Open Dota 2 and go to the game settings (the little gear in the top-left).
You should see these three tabs: Hotkeys, Options, Video/Audio.
Pick options, make sure that "Hide Dota & Steam Profile" is unchecked, and "Expose Public Match Data" is checked.

[some of these will probably be written lessons that you can read from here instead of hands-on gameplay)
WHAT WE WILL BE LEARNING:
BASICS:
LESSON 1: HOTKEYS AND SETTING THEM UP (MAYBE THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN DOTA IMO)
LESSON 2: ATTRIBUTES AND SHIT
LESSON 3: GOLD AND EXPERIENCE, ALSO COOL ASS ITEMS TO MAKE YOUR HERO AS BALLER AS POSSIBLE
LESSON 4: HERO ROLES
LESSON 5: LAST HITTING AND DENYING

I'll add more as I go.
For now, I WANT STUDENTS.

NOTICE: you must have me friended on steam.
you know.
so that you can become my bitch and all.
nah but a steam account and having me on your friends list (who wouldnt want that though~<3?) is also required.

SO COME, AND BE THE HERO, THE CHOSEN ONE, OF D I G I T A L S P O R T S .

GAMEOFTHROWS

HEY YOU!
Don't want to join but still want to support this event?
PM me to get the sig code for GAME OF THROWS™ and FLAUNT IT TO THE REST OF THE FORUM
Last edited by ragont on Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:02 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Danny
Bowser
Bowser
Current Project: Another SMBX Adventure
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#6972

Re: Game of Throws™ hosted by ragont

Postby Danny » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:39 am

LESSON 1: HOTKEYS AND SETTING THEM UP (MAYBE THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN DOTA IMO)

I already know my hotkeys I have Q W E R A S D F G Z X C V okay we're done here

LESSON 2: ATTRIBUTES AND SHIT

you mean like their abilities and spell shit, I already got that covered

LESSON 3: GOLD AND EXPERIENCE, ALSO COOL ASS ITEMS TO MAKE YOUR HERO AS BALLER AS POSSIBLE

kill baddies get gold and sEXP so you can level up to get new spells and shit and also buy more boots and tangos

LESSON 4: HERO ROLES

I just wing it and choose whatever hero I get and then figure it out from there because obviously one is supposed to deal assloads of damage

LESSON 5: LAST HITTING AND DENYING

last hitting is when you get the final hit on a baddie and you get the gold from it but I have no fucken clue what denying is because ace is a shitty ass mentor (sorry acezanzio)
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
97% of my posts are shitposts.

ragont
Grinder
Grinder

Postby ragont » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:40 am

8bitmushroom wrote:snap

are u trying to run me out of business

ragont
Grinder
Grinder

Postby ragont » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:03 am

quick update: i may add a guide briefly (when i say briefly i mean a few sentences each) discussing the primary role and a good strategy for every hero in the video game.
Soon™.

Danny
Bowser
Bowser
Current Project: Another SMBX Adventure
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#6972

Postby Danny » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:08 am

Ragont™ wrote:
8bitmushroom wrote:snap

are u trying to run me out of business

no because im helping you by not having a lot of people that don't know shit to have them mentored
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
97% of my posts are shitposts.

Quill
Rydia
Rydia
Current Project: Apocalypse of Foroze...?

Postby Quill » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:56 am

didn't i beat you in a 1v1

TheLordKhon
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby TheLordKhon » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:58 am

Ragont™ wrote:DOTA ALSO HAS THE BEST WAIFUS (see: my avatar)
oh and it's also a really neat ARTS game.

but ur avatar is ugleh :T
MOBA!M.O.B.A Image
Quill wrote:didn't i beat you in a 1v1

you lost a 1v1 to hyrar oh wait he's op as shit Image

ragont
Grinder
Grinder

Postby ragont » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:59 am

didnt you beat me in a 1v1 literally 3 months ago as a broken 1v1 champion

TheLordKhon wrote:

you lost a 1v1 to hyrar oh wait he's op as shit Image

LMAO

Quill
Rydia
Rydia
Current Project: Apocalypse of Foroze...?

Postby Quill » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:07 am

did you just call shadow shaman a champion

ragont
Grinder
Grinder

Postby ragont » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:09 am

Quill wrote:did you just call shadow shaman a champion

did you just call bacchus a hero?

TheLordKhon
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby TheLordKhon » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:09 am

Quill wrote:did you just call shadow shaman a champion

shadow shaman is the hyrar's best champion Image

ragont
Grinder
Grinder

Postby ragont » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:44 am

Slash: I know most if not all of the shit in there
Slash: But it'll be gud to know shit from another point of perspective
Slash: I'm in!
Ragont™: SWEET

Nien
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Nien » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:31 pm

Ragont™ wrote:quick update: i may add a guide briefly (when i say briefly i mean a few sentences each) discussing the primary role and a good strategy for every hero in the video game.
Soon™.

I legit had this in my drafts for like over a month

Hello friends, i've decided to make a tutorial on how to play this game, since a lot of people i've seen want to play it, but don't have any clue on how.

There are some "moral rules" when it comes to dota, which i consider to be the following:
-You have to adapt to the situation, no matter how strong the enemy is.
-The game won't hold your hand in any case, you have to be self-sufficient.
-Giving up is for league of legends players.

And there's also stuff that is useful to have in mind.
-Ignore people who say you're trash, they're about as awful as you.
-Take their advice though, and if you have any doubts about it you can ask other people.
-Don't get the impression that anything in the game is too complicated to understand, all you need is experience, or someone to explain it to you, once you understand it, you'll find out that it's really easy to manipulate it.
-Watching youtube videos is good, just try to stay away from hero builds, they're usually awful.

With all that shit covered, let's get started on the basics.

-LANING-
There are three lanes in total, the top lane, middle lane, and bottom lane, each lane has a specific purpose, middle is usually where only 1 hero goes, here the goal is to outlasthit/deny your oponnent, when we talk about lasthitting, it basically means "right click to hit the creep (the green/red little guy) when it has low hp", because then you will get the gold for it, which is arround 40 gold, you will NOT get any gold if you don't get the last hit, even if you damage it, though, if you're arround the enemy creep and it dies, it will give you experience, even if you never hit it.

Now, denying means practically the same, but it means hitting your own creeps when they're on low hp (by pressing A + LEFT click, not right click unlike enemy creeps), by doing this, you will prevent the enemy from getting the last hit, and you will also halven the experience the enemy gets when the creep dies. You will know you denied a creep correctly when an exclamation mark pops over it after it dies.

That's usually the goal in the middle lane, however, it's a slightly different case for the other 2 lanes, You will know them by the term "top & bottom" or "safelane & suicide lane" NOT respectively.

I actually found a map to make this easier to understand, here
Spoiler: show

If you still have a hard time identifying the lanes, the safelane (or easy lane) is the one that has your tower closer to the corner of the map.

The point of the easy lane is to farm (get a bunch of gold from creeps) with safety (you don't say), as you will be closer to your tower and it's harder for the enemy to gank you.

Usually, 2 heroes (or 3 heroes if it's a trilane, but you shouldn't get into that right now) go in this lane, a support, and a carry (we'll be adressing those roles later)

However, the suicide lane is practically the opposite of the safe lane, you will usually be farther from your tower, and there's more paths for the enemy to sneak up and kill you.

Ironically, usually 1 hero goes here (this doesn't mean that you can't have 2 heroes here), it's usually a hero with a method of escape who doesn't really require gold; the advantage of this, is that since the experience is split between how many heroes are in the exp range, so you will get double the experience as a "solo" hero rather than if you had a lane partner.

And then, there's the jungle

Only certain heroes can go here, because of their capabilities to regenerate themselves constantly or having a bunch of other units "tank" for them so they don't die.

The areas circled in green are the normal jungle camps, these usually have creeps easy to take down when you're level 1 /if you're a jungling hero/, They're classified by difficulties, but since i'm too lazy to make an updated map since the camps got changed, i'll get to that later, i'll compensate by making an in-depth jungling guide.

The areas circled in yellow are the ancient jungle camps, all of the creeps here (except the small black dragons) are immune to most abilities, these camps are usually farmed later in the game, but some very specific heroes (like Tinker or Alchemist) can farm these camps since level 1; These types of creeps are the strongest, they have the most HP and they do a lot of damage, so, only take them when you're confident that you can kill them, they give a lot of gold and experience.

And now there's the red circle of spookyness.

Here is Roshan, this guy does NOT count as a creep, it's like the map's miniboss, he gradually gets more hp according to the timer, and has basically x5 the hp as an ancient creep, This guy is usually taken with a team, but there's heroes that can solo it with only a couple items, Unlike the ancients, he isn't particularly spell immune, he just has some sort of shield (which we will refer to as linkens, since there's an item you can purchase that has the same effect) that can block unit-targeted spells (abilities that you use on a single person/creep, not on multiple ones), if you break it, he's vulnerable to stuns and other unit-target spells, He doesn't recieve much magic damage though, as he has a lot of magic ressistance.

Killing him will grant your entire team a total of 200 gold (no matter on who got the last hit) and the Aegis of immortality, which you can pick up once he dies, it basically makes you respawn in the same place you died 5 seconds after your death, you can't sell it though.

If Roshan was killed more than 3 times in a game, he will from now on also drop the item called "Cheese", which wen used will heal you instantly for a lot of hp and mana, since your hp pool and mana pool aren't big enough (unless you have a billion items that support this), it will basically heal you completely in both aspects.

Roshan doesn't respawn each minute, unlike the normal jungle creeps or the ancient jungle creeps, he usually respawns in an interval from 8 minutes to 11 minutes. Take note that if you haven't used the aegis, it will disappear 6 minutes after you picked it up, Don't worry though, if it disappears, it will regenerate all of your hp and mana, unless you get hit by a hero or a creep.

Now that we've covered the lanes and the jungle, we're going to cover each role, i'll also recommend easy heroes that fit that role:

/NOTE: Every hero will need boots, no matter how fast they are/

Support:
This is the easiest role to play, as you don't really need items nor exp, a support is someone who helps his team get vision of the map (by purchasing wards) and buys other kind of items that aid in winning the game, here are the rules to playing a support:

-Do NOT try to get last hits in the early stage of the game, other heroes with different roles really need them more than you, so don't even cast spells on them.
-In the laning phase, harass the enemy out of the lane so your laning partner can farm
-Prioritize wards and Courier > Flying courier, don't prioritize your own items before these, you should also buy other support items, like: Mekansm, Pipe of insight (For these first two, don't get them if someone on your team already has them, as they do not stack), Force staff, Scythe of vyse (also reffered to as sheep stick), Dust of appearance, and Shiva's guard, now, don't think that only supports should get these, there's other heroes with different roles that benefit from these items.

Now, here are some easy heroes i'd suggest for this role:
Venomancer Image

-still not finished-

and uh i can apply for coaching if y-you let me raggy-kun

TheLordKhon
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby TheLordKhon » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:39 pm

merlini makes educational videos

ragont
Grinder
Grinder

Postby ragont » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:42 pm

TheLordKhon wrote:merlini makes educational videos

merlini's actually the greatest.

also awesome guide up there ^
definitely take a look if you have the time

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:21 pm

I legit can't win games as veno so I don't consider him easy.
It's easy to feed gold to the enemy using the wards but that's about it. I often end up trying to do damage with the wards after I died.
Same thing goes for Silencer. Can never manage to win with him.

Maybe Dazzle or Lina are easier supports to start with. Br it the healing or intense nuking power.
Grand Extravaganza Fan Reviews
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
SnoruntPyro: if you don't like kirby you have no life
ToonQuill: do you have any hentai girl sfx
Pichu: "And Jesus said unto his apostles, 'ew so much clash 0/10'."
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.
MNIE52: i will not kill you, why you so rude. are you have nothing to do, boy?
Sanct: oh my god i made the perfect amount of stairs i am jesus christ.

Murphmario
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Murphmario » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:24 pm

I will throw so hard :)

Just kidding, I don't play the game.

ragont
Grinder
Grinder

Postby ragont » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:29 pm

Murphmario wrote:I will throw so hard :)

Just kidding, I don't play the game.

i literally get so fucking horny when i see that this topic gets a new post.
shit like this turns me off so bad dude.

ragont
Grinder
Grinder

Postby ragont » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:26 pm

Bump.
Anyone else interested, maybe?
Any supporters...?
Anyone here...........?
..............................?

ragont
Grinder
Grinder

Postby ragont » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:02 am

Darkonius64 joins the fight!
Will we be having anyone else?
Again, I could really use some supporters at the very least to spread the word. (you get a colorful ass signature thingy)

Return to “Video Games”