Mario and luigi Bowsers inside story

This is the place for video games!
lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: Soundtrack stuff

Mario and luigi Bowsers inside story

Postby lighthouse64 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:07 am

Do any of you guys play that game??? I do. I'm still annoyed that it never saves after u beat the game. :(
Just your average user...

Oh, and sometimes I arrange stuff like this :P https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/ ... 25261b1a11

XerX
Birdo
Birdo

Re: Mario and luigi Bowsers inside story

Postby XerX » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:42 am

I've played it. Beat it. It was a fun game. Question...why would you want to save after you beat the game? What good would that do?

lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser

Postby lighthouse64 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:55 am

XerX wrote:I've played it. Beat it. It was a fun game. Question...why would you want to save after you beat the game? What good would that do?
Well it always makes you just defeat the final boss again and again D:

Oh, and sometimes I arrange stuff like this :P https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/ ... 25261b1a11

XerX
Birdo
Birdo

Postby XerX » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:58 am

lighthouse64 wrote:
XerX wrote:I've played it. Beat it. It was a fun game. Question...why would you want to save after you beat the game? What good would that do?
And? What would you do if it saved after the final battle? Nothing.

lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser

Postby lighthouse64 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:11 am

XerX wrote:
lighthouse64 wrote:
And? What would you do if it saved after the final battle? Nothing.
It would show the things restored. :P

XerX
Birdo
Birdo

Postby XerX » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:18 am

lighthouse64 wrote: It would show the things restored. :P
Oooh that's fun right?

No. That's like saying that in Mario 64, after you collect all 120 stars, the castle is returned to normal, and all you can do is walk around the castle looking at the pictures you can't go into because they aren't being magically manipulated to transport you into fake worlds. There is a reason certain games don't let you save after beating a game, because there would be nothing to do in the end.

Aristo
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: they/them/don't refer to me
Chat Username: Aristo

Postby Aristo » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:21 am

I mean i get what lighthouse.is saying. In other games like paper mario or pokemon there is always some sort of post-game
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

XerX
Birdo
Birdo

Postby XerX » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:25 am

GLuigiX wrote:I mean i get what lighthouse.is saying. In other games like paper mario or pokemon there is always some sort of post-game
It's different in Pokemon though, because there is still stuff to do. (I dunno which Paper Mario you are talking about. I know Super Paper Mario had post-game, but it wasn't great. Paper Mario 64 didn't though.) In BiS, there is nothing left to do after beating the final boss. You'd be waltzing around the Mushroom Kingdom, probably fighting baddies that you could 1-hit KO, and that's it really.

Aristo
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Aristo » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:30 am

Yeah but in SM64 you could still at least play all the levels again after beating the game. With BiS they could imo maybe have included a secret final boss (sorta like the 100 trial bosses in the paper mario series or culex in smrpg)

XerX
Birdo
Birdo

Postby XerX » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:32 am

GLuigiX wrote:Yeah but in SM64 you could still at least play all the levels again after beating the game. With BiS they could imo maybe have included a secret final boss (sorta like the 100 trial bosses in the paper mario series or culex in smrpg)
But you don't save the game after beating SM64, and nothing changes.

Aristo
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Aristo » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:38 am

Well actually if you collect all 120 stars, doesnt the canon in the courtyard open up? So technically something DOES change? And I think lighthouse64's complain is that there is a lack of postgame in BiS and that it would be better to have you do at least SOMETHING after beating the game instead having you stuck at the final boss over and over again. Personally it bothers me too, especially in RPGs or other games that have a heavy story like BiS because it's like the game doesnt even acknowledge that you beat it.

Of course SM64 is a different case because its a platformer and you can pretty much go whereeverr you want because the story doesnt make you go to a certain point and then lock you in that area

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:15 am

GLuigiX wrote:Yeah but in SM64 you could still at least play all the levels again after beating the game. With BiS they could imo maybe have included a secret final boss (sorta like the 100 trial bosses in the paper mario series or culex in smrpg)
There actually is a secret final boss, Bowser X in the boss rematch place. You have to be absurdly overleveled to defeat him.

Anyways this is a good game, but somewhat meh in terms of Mario RPGs to me. Something about it just felt uninspired to me, and a lot of the dialogue seemed somewhat forced.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

SuperMarioBuilder16
Blooper
Blooper
Current Project: Grassylands 2: The NOT so grassylands

Postby SuperMarioBuilder16 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:20 pm

XerX wrote:
But you don't save the game after beating SM64, and nothing changes.
I know what your saying: When you beat the game you wonder "What to do next???" because you've gotten bored of most of the challenges, so your sitting there...
It dosent save because the final boss is intresting, so all you CAN do is fight Dark Bowser over... over... until you throw the game down (not the ds) and get a new game like mariokart 7 (Its for the 3DS but it'll do)
GLuigiX wrote:Well actually if you collect all 120 stars, doesnt the canon in the courtyard open up? So technically something DOES change? And I think lighthouse64's complain is that there is a lack of postgame in BiS and that it would be better to have you do at least SOMETHING after beating the game instead having you stuck at the final boss over and over again. Personally it bothers me too, especially in RPGs or other games that have a heavy story like BiS because it's like the game doesnt even acknowledge that you beat it.

Of course SM64 is a different case because its a platformer and you can pretty much go whereeverr you want because the story doesnt make you go to a certain point and then lock you in that area
Same here
Last edited by Aero on Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't double post please, just edit your original post.
My mood: :D
I support:
Spoiler: show
Donkey kongs got problems...

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:52 pm

Yes, I played this game, still have this, finished it at 100%, arrived at level 40 (does this need a spoiler?) with all characters, beaten ALL the challenges, even beaten Bowser X (for 5 times)! Pratically I am a legend of this game.
im bored

lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser

Postby lighthouse64 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:43 pm

XerX wrote:
lighthouse64 wrote: It would show the things restored. :P
Oooh that's fun right?

No. That's like saying that in Mario 64, after you collect all 120 stars, the castle is returned to normal, and all you can do is walk around the castle looking at the pictures you can't go into because they aren't being magically manipulated to transport you into fake worlds. There is a reason certain games don't let you save after beating a game, because there would be nothing to do in the end.
Well they could've always let you fight bowsers minions.

sleepy
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: absolutely nothing

Postby sleepy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:51 pm

meh game

was boring when i played it, imo

The post-game for PM:TTYD was nice, though
Regards,
sleepy

IRC Quotes
<pixels> this forum has enough keys to solve SMW twenty times over

<Legend-tony980> GhostHawk, what is a bot?
<GhostBot> a user without a soul
contact info

lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser

Postby lighthouse64 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:53 pm

Christian07 wrote:Yes, I played this game, still have this, finished it at 100%, arrived at level 40 (does this need a spoiler?) with all characters, beaten ALL the challenges, even beaten Bowser X (for 5 times)! Pratically I am a legend of this game.
LOL IDK where bowser X is :P

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:04 am

lighthouse64 wrote:
Christian07 wrote:Yes, I played this game, still have this, finished it at 100%, arrived at level 40 (does this need a spoiler?) with all characters, beaten ALL the challenges, even beaten Bowser X (for 5 times)! Pratically I am a legend of this game.
Bowser X is the last boss in the challenge node. He's the hardest boss in the game, in my opinion.

lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser

Postby lighthouse64 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:40 am

GhostHawk wrote:
lighthouse64 wrote:
Bowser X is the last boss in the challenge node. He's the hardest boss in the game, in my opinion.
Which means you have to defeat the dumb dark star x to get him??? D:

(I'm a fail at the dark star x :P)

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:00 am

lighthouse64 wrote: Which means you have to defeat the dumb dark star x to get him??? D:

(I'm a fail at the dark star x :P)
Yes, and yeah Dark Star X isn't the easiest battle either. :p

Return to “Video Games”