Naughty Dog Denied by Activision and Crash in SSB Wii U/3DS

This is the place for video games!
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Rare
Pokey
Pokey
Current Project: Secret Indie Game Project

Naughty Dog Denied by Activision and Crash in SSB Wii U/3DS

Postby Rare » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:53 pm

Earlier today i saw This Article and to me this just ticks me off :evil: . why did Activision say no if they don't freakin use or make Crash Games. This makes no since,but there was another article Here that I read and it seemed a glimpse of hope :shock: . And all ND Asked is "can we include Crash in a Fan Art Contest" ITS NOT LIKE THEY WANT THE Character IP :shock: .

Another thing that's been going on about Crash is that most of the C-Fans want Crash in Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS and I think it's a good idea and likely to happen :D .

I found this video while I was searching Facts about how Crash will be in Smash. This guy and the other people in this commentary are genius :D .

if you want to spread the word of Crash in smash go on twitter and tweet #crashforsmash.

EDIT: These are the Crash Games that appeared on Nintendo Consoles

Gamecube appearances
Crash Bandicoot the wrath of cortex. TT games eurocom entertainment software
Crash nitro kart. vicarious vision
Crash tag team racing. radical entertainment

Gameboy Advance appearances
Crash Bandicoot the huge adventure. vicarious vision
Crash Bandicoot 2 in tranced. vicarious vision
Crash nitro kart. vicarious vision
Crash Bandicoot purple ripto rampage. vicarious vision
Crash of the titans. amaze entertainment

Nintendo DS appearances
Crash Boom bang!. dimps
Crash of the titans. amaze entertainment
Crash mind over mutant.TOSE SOFTWARE

Nintendo Wii appearances
Crash of the titans. radical entertainment
Crash mind over mutant. radical entertainment

P.S. go to hell Activision your Drunk as shit :x .
Last edited by Rare on Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in YOUR signature.
My Youtube Channel

Crash Bandicoot Bonus Platform Pack V2.0 (Lego Update): http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =31&t=5134

I support the following Projects that I think have and look like swag.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Guess who's back...

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Re: Naughty Dog Denied by Activision and Crash in SSB Wii U/

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:01 pm

Crash will not be in SSB4 because he's not even related to Nintendo in any way. Megaman, Sonic, and Pac-Man actually make sense; Crash wouldn't.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:09 am

I am absolutely positive that tweets will have absolutely zero effect on who gets into Sm4sh. I'm pretty sure it's been stated that the roster was determined before development even started, and the game is going to be released in under 6 months at this point. Additionally, what Joey said.

Sorry to disappoint you, really.
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
previously Pseudo-dino but you probably guessed that yourself

come visit my YouTube channel, where I play games (including smbx)

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

My Switch friend code: 1353 - 7698 - 1308 (add me!)

so... i'm actually a girl

Rare
Pokey
Pokey
Current Project: Secret Indie Game Project

Postby Rare » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:19 am

Pseudo-dino wrote:I am absolutely positive that tweets will have absolutely zero effect on who gets into Sm4sh. I'm pretty sure it's been stated that the roster was determined before development even started, and the game is going to be released in under 6 months at this point. Additionally, what Joey said.

Sorry to disappoint you, really.
Well your kinda right it's Too late for Newcomers but who knows maybe....maybe....

Edit:
Joey wrote:Crash will not be in SSB4 because he's not even related to Nintendo in any way. Megaman, Sonic, and Pac-Man actually make sense; Crash wouldn't.
Crash has been on the Gameboy,Gamecube,DS,and Wii which makes him Nintendo related/Third-party Character and back then Mega Man and Pac-man were not Nintendo Exclusives. On the Crash Gameboy Games,THEY were Nintendo Exclusives. and Capcom has more canceled Megaman games than Activision does on Crash (and I think the Crash Franchice has maybe 1 Canceled Game Crash Twinsinatity on Gamecube).

Mod Edit: Merged Double Post
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in YOUR signature.
My Youtube Channel

Crash Bandicoot Bonus Platform Pack V2.0 (Lego Update): http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =31&t=5134

I support the following Projects that I think have and look like swag.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Guess who's back...

PikaChris
Swooper
Swooper

Postby PikaChris » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:15 pm

I'm more than baffled that they won't be making Crash Bandicoot games anytime soon. Activision just needs to give up the franchise because they don't know that they're doing with the IP anymore. I've been waiting years for a Crash Bandicoot game, but because of Titans, I lost all faith in that asinine excuse of a company! I want this IP to be owned by someone else. Someone needs to make a petition to convince Activision to give the IP to another company, someone who has better experience with platformers.
NNID for WiiU: hellalaughtr10
3DS Friend Code: 1118-0514-3786
Social and whatnot!
This is why I love drugs...

qig
Eerie
Eerie
Current Project: SMBX FORUM THE RPG (ahahaahhahaha)

Postby qig » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:33 pm

topic creator, u got issues.

actually, the person who bumped this has even bigger issues.

PikaChris
Swooper
Swooper

Postby PikaChris » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:43 pm

qig wrote:topic creator, u got issues.

actually, the person who bumped this has even bigger issues.
FYI I'm just stating my point.
plus, what are you even talking about anyway?
Social and whatnot!

Ace

Postby Ace » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:13 am

one of the worst videos i've seen.
all it was was "megaman and pacman are not nintendo exclusive therefore crash should get in the game".
LITERALLY THE ENTIRE VIDEO.

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:39 am

GOOD OLD CRASH BANDICOOT.

I REMEMBER PLAYING THE GOOD OLD CRASH BANDICOOT'S FIRST 3 GAMES ON MY PLAYSTATION 1 BACK IN THE SUMMER OF 2005 INTO THE WINTER OF 2006. GOOD TIMES.

Seriously though have there been any good Crash games after Warped came out way back in 1990-whogivesashit? Naughty Dog only worked on the first three games in the series, and if I remember correctly, the first three games were the only good ones because they were made by Naughty Dog and Naughty Dog makes good games, meaning anything after Naughty Dog's Crash Bandicoot era is pretty bad.

Would Nintendo pick up Crash Bandicoot? Certainly not because Crash Bandicoot = Sonic the Hedgehog and because somehow Crash got into the evil hands of the nefarious Activision (which sucks dick btw but not as bad as EA) and Activision doesn't want to do shit with Nintendo, right?

I mean I can see a possible move set and all that for Crash in Sm4sh but all in all I honestly don't see him as a good character. Maybe for a game like XBox Brawl (featuring your favorite characters from Halo, Grand Theft Auto, and Call of Duty!) or something but definitely not Sm4sh or any Nintendo labeled game for that matter.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord.

Thundaga_T2
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Thundaga_T2 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am

8bitmushroom wrote:GOOD OLD CRASH BANDICOOT.

I REMEMBER PLAYING THE GOOD OLD CRASH BANDICOOT'S FIRST 3 GAMES ON MY PLAYSTATION 1 BACK IN THE SUMMER OF 2005 INTO THE WINTER OF 2006. GOOD TIMES.

Seriously though have there been any good Crash games after Warped came out way back in 1990-whogivesashit? Naughty Dog only worked on the first three games in the series, and if I remember correctly, the first three games were the only good ones because they were made by Naughty Dog and Naughty Dog makes good games, meaning anything after Naughty Dog's Crash Bandicoot era is pretty bad.

Would Nintendo pick up Crash Bandicoot? Certainly not because Crash Bandicoot = Sonic the Hedgehog and because somehow Crash got into the evil hands of the nefarious Activision (which sucks dick btw but not as bad as EA) and Activision doesn't want to do shit with Nintendo, right?

I mean I can see a possible move set and all that for Crash in Sm4sh but all in all I honestly don't see him as a good character. Maybe for a game like XBox Brawl (featuring your favorite characters from Halo, Grand Theft Auto, and Call of Duty!) or something but definitely not Sm4sh or any Nintendo labeled game for that matter.
You forgot about Crash Team Racing, it was developed by Naughty Dog as well, and its a pretty good game. I dont see Crash working in a Smash Bros game either. He should have been in Playstation All Stars though.

Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: Utopia
Chat Username: SquishyRex

Postby Squishy Rex » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:09 am

Thundaga_T2 wrote:I dont see Crash working in a Smash Bros game either. He should have been in Playstation All Stars though.
Under the right circumstances he could work alright in SSB, though that's probably just the Crash fan talking here. As for PS All-Stars, it was almost criminal not to include Crash, he was up until the end of PS2 the poster boy for Playstation, alonside Spyro and Croc obviously. I think for the good of Crash, Activision should allow someone else the IP, Naughty Dog at the very least. It was planned that if someone (Naughty Dog mainly) could get the IP, they were going to make a proper Crash Bandicoot game, and I'm talking Crash 1, 2 or 3 style, not this Titans bullshit. I personally would love to see this happen. There is so much potential for Crash, if he were to come back the game would pay for itself twice over easily.
Squishy Rex's SMBX2 Custom Asset Pack v1.0
Coming soon!

PikaChris
Swooper
Swooper

Postby PikaChris » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:53 pm

Squishy Rex wrote:
Thundaga_T2 wrote:I dont see Crash working in a Smash Bros game either. He should have been in Playstation All Stars though.
Under the right circumstances he could work alright in SSB, though that's probably just the Crash fan talking here. As for PS All-Stars, it was almost criminal not to include Crash, he was up until the end of PS2 the poster boy for Playstation, alonside Spyro and Croc obviously. I think for the good of Crash, Activision should allow someone else the IP, Naughty Dog at the very least. It was planned that if someone (Naughty Dog mainly) could get the IP, they were going to make a proper Crash Bandicoot game, and I'm talking Crash 1, 2 or 3 style, not this Titans bullshit. I personally would love to see this happen. There is so much potential for Crash, if he were to come back the game would pay for itself twice over easily.
The only problem with that is the fact that Activision is too cocky and greedy to even give anyone else the IP. They're the ones who are making it impossible for a new crash bandicoot to come by not even making one. It just doesn't make sense for them to keep it if they're not gonna make any more crash bandicoot games.
Social and whatnot!

qig
Eerie
Eerie
Current Project: SMBX FORUM THE RPG (ahahaahhahaha)

Postby qig » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:25 pm

Squishy Rex wrote:
wat makes u think naughty dog and sony even want the crash IP ???

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:16 pm

If Naughty Dog wanted it why did they sell it?

Eventually Activision got their vice grip on it and they aren't letting go.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord.

Raster
Banned
Current Project: The Invasion 3

Postby Raster » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:37 pm

If they had to sell the intellectual property maybe it wasn't profitable enough?

Return to “Video Games”