Microsoft Buys Mojang(+Poll)

This is the place for video games!
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?

What do you think about all this?

BEST THING EVAH!!11!!1!!111!!!11
No votes
I'm not even sure what the big deal is, all i see is that we're getting more technical support.
12%
Mincraft can only get better, so I don't see the big deal.
18%
Meh Idk
18%
I'm sad, But maybe things will turn out alright...
6%
Blast it all! It all went through.
6%
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
6%
Two Words: Rare, Ware.
35%

Total votes: 17
zioy
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: resident cat
Current Project: life
Chat Username: zioy

Re: Microsoft Buys Mojang(+Poll)

Postby zioy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:22 pm

DarkMatt wrote:
Jacob9300Shadow wrote:Well prepare for the apocalypse... so we all die in a few days, the gaming revolution...

ADDED THING

DOWN WITH XBOX AND EVERYTHING WITH XBOX!!!!
THIS IS NOT THEIR CHOICES BUT OUR CHOICES!!!!
WE SHOULD BE IN CONTROL NOT THEM!!!

Who is with me!???
No one cares and you're just making a big baby out of yourself.
He's just messing around.
Last edited by zioy on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:23 pm

Could've fooled me. Also koolquotekat

Serious response? Ummm, I made one already. Isn't that enough?
[center]From illusion to truth. From darkness to light. From doom to eternity.[/center]

TangledLion
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby TangledLion » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:30 pm

@DarkMatt
I understand you don't like Minecraft and that is fine, but I targeted this toward people who like it. As for Realms, it's optional, with the way M$ acts sometimes I makes me wonder if they plan to make it mandatory...(I.E. Shut down all server hosting sites)
I'll be honest, I'm not sure If I'm gonna come back here...

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:32 pm

TangledLion wrote:@DarkMatt
I understand you don't like Minecraft and that is fine, but I targeted this toward people who like it, as for Realms, it's optional, with the way M$ acts sometimes I makes me wonder if they plan to make it mandatory...(I.E. Shut down all server hosting sites)
Mister, I have bought Minecraft. I have played Minecraft. I do like Minecraft for what it is and I like seeing it grow as a game.

How callous of you to think I haven't. That's another trap card set off.

But anyway, because everything is terrible and nothing is sacred, I can't imagine me living on without roving children going "MINECRAFT IS RUIN BOYCOTT IT" or "DOWN WITH MICRO$OFT" or other nonsense like that. 's not that M$ shouldn't have done it, it's that gamers are a lot like babies: fussy, picky, and cries whenever they don't get their way.
[center]From illusion to truth. From darkness to light. From doom to eternity.[/center]

Yoshibrothers
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Yoshibrothers » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:33 pm

Never liked nor cared for Mojang. On another note I just never really liked Minecraft either.
I've returned.

TangledLion
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby TangledLion » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:38 pm

DarkMatt wrote:
TangledLion wrote:@DarkMatt
I understand you don't like Minecraft and that is fine, but I targeted this toward people who like it, as for Realms, it's optional, with the way M$ acts sometimes I makes me wonder if they plan to make it mandatory...(I.E. Shut down all server hosting sites)
Mister, I have bought Minecraft. I have played Minecraft. I do like Minecraft for what it is and I like seeing it grow as a game.

How callous of you to think I haven't. That's another trap card set off.

But anyway, because everything is terrible and nothing is sacred, I can't imagine me living on without roving children going "MINECRAFT IS RUIN BOYCOTT IT" or "DOWN WITH MICRO$OFT" or other nonsense like that. 's not that M$ shouldn't have done it, it's that gamers are a lot like babies: fussy, picky, and cries whenever they don't get their way.
DarkMatt wrote:Anyway, Micro$oft wouldn't destroy your precious Minecraft, per se.
I'm sorry, the wording made me think you didn't like Minecraft because you said "Your".

My sincerest apologies...

However I do wish M$ hadn't Bought MC, but what's done is done. We'll have to hope for the best...

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:52 pm

I'm just giving you shit because this whole thread has been rather funny in its handling. That and the way you worded the OP n all that.

You know the more I read mojang's and notch's letter the more it makes perfect logical sense. I mean, yes it's sad Minecraft's future is uncertain and "In Mojang We Trust" has been challenged, but it was to happen. Notch said it himself: he really isn't a professional game developer nor should he be associated with Minecraft, he just makes things for fun. It's not necessarily a bad thing that he's giving the keys to Minecraft to someone else. I mean, the alternative would be to be like...oh, Starbound? I just hope Micro$oft doesn't keep sliding down in quality, not because I fear for Minecraft's future, but because it's not a pleasant sight for those who do.

...BUT I can just picture how that deal went now. "Okay, who here wants to own Minecraft?" "Hi I'm Mr. Microsoft and I would love to buy your game." "Okay. Anybody else? ....No? ...sonofabitch" Course this is all assuming Notch actually was all like, "Oh god it's going to YOU?" That might've just been liars being liars. First truth is the accepted truth in this day 'n age, 'n all that.

I dunno about the rest of you but I do feel somewhat happy that Notch isn't trying to champion a culture that he really has no place in being in. There's being part of a great thing and then there's being a figurehead.

Karl Marx
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: Getting a college degree

Postby Karl Marx » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:59 pm

ermahgerd le indie game is le being bought out by le tyrannical le corportation we must protect le internets!!!!

If you hadn't realized that any successful startup is eventually bought out by a corportation, then you are deluding yourself.

This was to be expected.

TangledLion
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby TangledLion » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:02 pm

Yeah, I just wish it were Sony, I frankly trust them more than Microsoft...

Karl Marx
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Karl Marx » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:07 pm

TangledLion wrote:Yeah, I just wish it were Sony, I frankly trust them more than Microsoft...
Were Microsoft's databases hacked and their passwords stolen?

I honestly don't know, it's not JUST a rhetorical question

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:07 pm

Karl Marx wrote:ermahgerd le indie game is le being bought out by le tyrannical le corportation we must protect le internets!!!!

If you hadn't realized that any successful startup is eventually bought out by a corportation, then you are deluding yourself.

This was to be expected.
Terraria/Re-Logic comes to my mind when you say this. It came up and sold over a million copies which in turn translates to thousands of dollars. Sure Minecraft sold much more and is worth a lot more in net worth, but I feel Terraria is just as equal. Has anybody come to Re-Logic and bought it out yet? No, not as far as I'm aware.

Although now that I look at it my claim is flawed severely. Oh well.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord.

Karl Marx
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Karl Marx » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:10 pm

8bitmushroom wrote:
Karl Marx wrote:ermahgerd le indie game is le being bought out by le tyrannical le corportation we must protect le internets!!!!

This was to be expected.
Terraria/Re-Logic comes to my mind when you say this. It came up and sold over a million copies which in turn translates to thousands of dollars. Sure Minecraft sold much more and is worth a lot more in net worth, but I feel Terraria is just as equal. Has anybody come to Re-Logic and bought it out yet? No, not as far as I'm aware.

Not yet, and plus I doubt terraria and minecraft are on the same level of commercial success, or at least as of september 2014

XerX
Birdo
Birdo

Postby XerX » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:16 pm

8bitmushroom wrote:

This was to be expected.

Well Redigit has to accept whatever corporates offer for it to be bought out, and we don't know if he has been offered because he could keep all of that to himself / within the founders of Relogic. Who knows really.

It's the same with any game that makes it big really. They could all be offered big bucks to give away their game / corporation.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:35 am

Well yeah, Minecraft is the most successful PC game of all time as of a month or two ago so I guess someone was bound to buy Mojang eventually... And, besides, as someone else said better Microsoft buy them than someone truly insidious like Facebook or EA. The game won't change too much like this, presumably.
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
previously Pseudo-dino but you probably guessed that yourself

come visit my YouTube channel, where I play games (including smbx)

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

My Switch friend code: 1353 - 7698 - 1308 (add me!)

so... i'm actually a girl

Zonnepoes
Hoopster
Hoopster
Current Project: Nothing at all.

Postby Zonnepoes » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:02 am

Well there goes my money...
Spoiler: show
Don't click if you dare! (bad box)

Also known on those websites as:
smwcentral:http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=profile&id=25353
raocow's talkhaus:http://talkhaus.raocow.com/memberlist.p ... le&u=98499

Keep in mind that i am not a very active SMBX poster anymore. The game is still pretty awesome, but i decided to post a little more on SMWCentral.

Nien
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Nien » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:20 am

the fuck is everyone's issue lol

there's a difference between microsoft and rareware

Rare had multiple games that had sequels and all of them needed different stage/gameplay designs, mojang has one game that gets updates about
B I G G E R F L O W E R S

i'm not sure what the big deal is.

and it's not like microsoft will throw in some of their devs into the games.

Raster
Banned
Current Project: The Invasion 3

Postby Raster » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:07 pm

TangledLion wrote:Yeah, I just wish it were Sony, I frankly trust them more than Microsoft...
Microsoft is more technologically advanced and its ecosystem is better suited for MC than Sony's.

Nien
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Nien » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:15 pm

Return to “Video Games”