Microsoft Buys Mojang(+Poll)

This is the place for video games!
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?

What do you think about all this?

BEST THING EVAH!!11!!1!!111!!!11
0
No votes
I'm not even sure what the big deal is, all i see is that we're getting more technical support.
2
12%
Mincraft can only get better, so I don't see the big deal.
3
18%
Meh Idk
3
18%
I'm sad, But maybe things will turn out alright...
1
6%
Blast it all! It all went through.
1
6%
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
1
6%
Two Words: Rare, Ware.
6
35%
 
Total votes: 17
User avatar
zioy
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2706
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:47 pm
Flair: resident cat
Current Project: life
Chat Username: zioy
Contact:

Re: Microsoft Buys Mojang(+Poll)

Postby zioy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:22 pm

DarkMatt wrote:
Jacob9300Shadow wrote:Well prepare for the apocalypse... so we all die in a few days, the gaming revolution...

ADDED THING

DOWN WITH XBOX AND EVERYTHING WITH XBOX!!!!
THIS IS NOT THEIR CHOICES BUT OUR CHOICES!!!!
WE SHOULD BE IN CONTROL NOT THEM!!!

Who is with me!???
No one cares and you're just making a big baby out of yourself.
He's just messing around.
Last edited by zioy on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DarkMatt
Banned
Posts: 1144
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:03 pm

Re: Microsoft Buys Mojang(+Poll)

Postby DarkMatt » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:23 pm

Could've fooled me. Also koolquotekat

Serious response? Ummm, I made one already. Isn't that enough?
[center]From illusion to truth. From darkness to light. From doom to eternity.[/center]

User avatar
TangledLion
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 269
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:57 pm

Re: Microsoft Buys Mojang(+Poll)

Postby TangledLion » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:30 pm

@DarkMatt
I understand you don't like Minecraft and that is fine, but I targeted this toward people who like it. As for Realms, it's optional, with the way M$ acts sometimes I makes me wonder if they plan to make it mandatory...(I.E. Shut down all server hosting sites)
I'll be honest, I'm not sure If I'm gonna come back here...

User avatar
DarkMatt
Banned
Posts: 1144
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:03 pm

Re: Microsoft Buys Mojang(+Poll)

Postby DarkMatt » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:32 pm

TangledLion wrote:@DarkMatt
I understand you don't like Minecraft and that is fine, but I targeted this toward people who like it, as for Realms, it's optional, with the way M$ acts sometimes I makes me wonder if they plan to make it mandatory...(I.E. Shut down all server hosting sites)
Mister, I have bought Minecraft. I have played Minecraft. I do like Minecraft for what it is and I like seeing it grow as a game.

How callous of you to think I haven't. That's another trap card set off.

But anyway, because everything is terrible and nothing is sacred, I can't imagine me living on without roving children going "MINECRAFT IS RUIN BOYCOTT IT" or "DOWN WITH MICRO$OFT" or other nonsense like that. 's not that M$ shouldn't have done it, it's that gamers are a lot like babies: fussy, picky, and cries whenever they don't get their way.
[center]From illusion to truth. From darkness to light. From doom to eternity.[/center]

User avatar
Yoshibrothers
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 673
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:45 am

Re: Microsoft Buys Mojang(+Poll)

Postby Yoshibrothers » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:33 pm

Never liked nor cared for Mojang. On another note I just never really liked Minecraft either.
Image
I've returned.

User avatar
TangledLion
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 269
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:57 pm

Re: Microsoft Buys Mojang(+Poll)

Postby TangledLion » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:38 pm

DarkMatt wrote:
TangledLion wrote:@DarkMatt
I understand you don't like Minecraft and that is fine, but I targeted this toward people who like it, as for Realms, it's optional, with the way M$ acts sometimes I makes me wonder if they plan to make it mandatory...(I.E. Shut down all server hosting sites)
Mister, I have bought Minecraft. I have played Minecraft. I do like Minecraft for what it is and I like seeing it grow as a game.

How callous of you to think I haven't. That's another trap card set off.

But anyway, because everything is terrible and nothing is sacred, I can't imagine me living on without roving children going "MINECRAFT IS RUIN BOYCOTT IT" or "DOWN WITH MICRO$OFT" or other nonsense like that. 's not that M$ shouldn't have done it, it's that gamers are a lot like babies: fussy, picky, and cries whenever they don't get their way.
DarkMatt wrote:Anyway, Micro$oft wouldn't destroy your precious Minecraft, per se.
I'm sorry, the wording made me think you didn't like Minecraft because you said "Your".

My sincerest apologies...

However I do wish M$ hadn't Bought MC, but what's done is done. We'll have to hope for the best...
I'll be honest, I'm not sure If I'm gonna come back here...

User avatar
DarkMatt
Banned
Posts: 1144
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:03 pm

Re: Microsoft Buys Mojang(+Poll)

Postby DarkMatt » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:52 pm

I'm just giving you shit because this whole thread has been rather funny in its handling. That and the way you worded the OP n all that.

You know the more I read mojang's and notch's letter the more it makes perfect logical sense. I mean, yes it's sad Minecraft's future is uncertain and "In Mojang We Trust" has been challenged, but it was to happen. Notch said it himself: he really isn't a professional game developer nor should he be associated with Minecraft, he just makes things for fun. It's not necessarily a bad thing that he's giving the keys to Minecraft to someone else. I mean, the alternative would be to be like...oh, Starbound? I just hope Micro$oft doesn't keep sliding down in quality, not because I fear for Minecraft's future, but because it's not a pleasant sight for those who do.

...BUT I can just picture how that deal went now. "Okay, who here wants to own Minecraft?" "Hi I'm Mr. Microsoft and I would love to buy your game." "Okay. Anybody else? ....No? ...sonofabitch" Course this is all assuming Notch actually was all like, "Oh god it's going to YOU?" That might've just been liars being liars. First truth is the accepted truth in this day 'n age, 'n all that.

I dunno about the rest of you but I do feel somewhat happy that Notch isn't trying to champion a culture that he really has no place in being in. There's being part of a great thing and then there's being a figurehead.
[center]From illusion to truth. From darkness to light. From doom to eternity.[/center]

User avatar
Karl Marx
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 306
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Current Project: Getting a college degree

Re: Microsoft Buys Mojang(+Poll)

Postby Karl Marx » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:59 pm

ermahgerd le indie game is le being bought out by le tyrannical le corportation we must protect le internets!!!!

If you hadn't realized that any successful startup is eventually bought out by a corportation, then you are deluding yourself.

This was to be expected.
Image

User avatar
TangledLion
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 269
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:57 pm

Re: Microsoft Buys Mojang(+Poll)

Postby TangledLion » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:02 pm

Yeah, I just wish it were Sony, I frankly trust them more than Microsoft...
I'll be honest, I'm not sure If I'm gonna come back here...

User avatar
Karl Marx
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 306
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Current Project: Getting a college degree

Re: Microsoft Buys Mojang(+Poll)

Postby Karl Marx » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:07 pm

TangledLion wrote:Yeah, I just wish it were Sony, I frankly trust them more than Microsoft...
Were Microsoft's databases hacked and their passwords stolen?

I honestly don't know, it's not JUST a rhetorical question
Image

User avatar
Danny
Mario
Mario
Posts: 4038
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 pm
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Re: Microsoft Buys Mojang(+Poll)

Postby Danny » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:07 pm

Karl Marx wrote:ermahgerd le indie game is le being bought out by le tyrannical le corportation we must protect le internets!!!!

If you hadn't realized that any successful startup is eventually bought out by a corportation, then you are deluding yourself.

This was to be expected.
Terraria/Re-Logic comes to my mind when you say this. It came up and sold over a million copies which in turn translates to thousands of dollars. Sure Minecraft sold much more and is worth a lot more in net worth, but I feel Terraria is just as equal. Has anybody come to Re-Logic and bought it out yet? No, not as far as I'm aware.

Although now that I look at it my claim is flawed severely. Oh well.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord.

User avatar
Karl Marx
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 306
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Current Project: Getting a college degree

Re: Microsoft Buys Mojang(+Poll)

Postby Karl Marx » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:10 pm

8bitmushroom wrote:
Karl Marx wrote:ermahgerd le indie game is le being bought out by le tyrannical le corportation we must protect le internets!!!!

If you hadn't realized that any successful startup is eventually bought out by a corportation, then you are deluding yourself.

This was to be expected.
Terraria/Re-Logic comes to my mind when you say this. It came up and sold over a million copies which in turn translates to thousands of dollars. Sure Minecraft sold much more and is worth a lot more in net worth, but I feel Terraria is just as equal. Has anybody come to Re-Logic and bought it out yet? No, not as far as I'm aware.

Although now that I look at it my claim is flawed severely. Oh well.
Not yet, and plus I doubt terraria and minecraft are on the same level of commercial success, or at least as of september 2014
Image

XerX
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1495
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:33 pm

Re: Microsoft Buys Mojang(+Poll)

Postby XerX » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:16 pm

8bitmushroom wrote:
Karl Marx wrote:ermahgerd le indie game is le being bought out by le tyrannical le corportation we must protect le internets!!!!

If you hadn't realized that any successful startup is eventually bought out by a corportation, then you are deluding yourself.

This was to be expected.
Terraria/Re-Logic comes to my mind when you say this. It came up and sold over a million copies which in turn translates to thousands of dollars. Sure Minecraft sold much more and is worth a lot more in net worth, but I feel Terraria is just as equal. Has anybody come to Re-Logic and bought it out yet? No, not as far as I'm aware.

Although now that I look at it my claim is flawed severely. Oh well.
Well Redigit has to accept whatever corporates offer for it to be bought out, and we don't know if he has been offered because he could keep all of that to himself / within the founders of Relogic. Who knows really.

It's the same with any game that makes it big really. They could all be offered big bucks to give away their game / corporation.

User avatar
Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5542
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:04 am
Current Project: ???

Re: Microsoft Buys Mojang(+Poll)

Postby Pseudo » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:35 am

Well yeah, Minecraft is the most successful PC game of all time as of a month or two ago so I guess someone was bound to buy Mojang eventually... And, besides, as someone else said better Microsoft buy them than someone truly insidious like Facebook or EA. The game won't change too much like this, presumably.
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
previously Pseudo-dino but you probably guessed that yourself

come visit my YouTube channel, where I play games (including smbx)

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

My Switch friend code: 1353 - 7698 - 1308 (add me!)

so... i'm actually a girl

Zonnepoes
Hoopster
Hoopster
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:16 pm
Current Project: Nothing at all.

Re: Microsoft Buys Mojang(+Poll)

Postby Zonnepoes » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:02 am

Well there goes my money...
Image
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Don't click if you dare! (bad box)

Also known on those websites as:
smwcentral:http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=profile&id=25353
raocow's talkhaus:http://talkhaus.raocow.com/memberlist.p ... le&u=98499

Keep in mind that i am not a very active SMBX poster anymore. The game is still pretty awesome, but i decided to post a little more on SMWCentral.

User avatar
Nien
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1652
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Microsoft Buys Mojang(+Poll)

Postby Nien » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:20 am

the fuck is everyone's issue lol


there's a difference between microsoft and rareware

Rare had multiple games that had sequels and all of them needed different stage/gameplay designs, mojang has one game that gets updates about
B I G G E R F L O W E R S

i'm not sure what the big deal is.

and it's not like microsoft will throw in some of their devs into the games.

User avatar
Raster
Banned
Posts: 804
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:35 pm
Current Project: The Invasion 3

Re: Microsoft Buys Mojang(+Poll)

Postby Raster » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:07 pm

TangledLion wrote:Yeah, I just wish it were Sony, I frankly trust them more than Microsoft...
Microsoft is more technologically advanced and its ecosystem is better suited for MC than Sony's.

User avatar
Nien
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1652
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Microsoft Buys Mojang(+Poll)

Postby Nien » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:15 pm



Return to “Video Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 2 guests