Darkonius Mavakar
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Dreams of a forgotten reality
Current Project: Dormiveglia

Sonic Boom: the new sonic '06?

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:38 am

So yeah, apparently this game is an unfinished mess:
glitches, bad lighting, voice clips not playng in some cutscenes, and so on.
everyones is angry at Bigredbutton, who were ex naughty dog developers, who also developed the Jak and Daxter series, and you can see some similar levels, for example there's a level that looks just like the Fog Island area where you had to destroy blimps from jak.

So what do you think?
My latest SMBX episode
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =36&t=1805

Please stop stealing all the assets made for Delightful Adventure specifically, thanks.

My media links:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Darkonius64
Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/Z8Z68EHJ

Support my indie game Dormiveglia!
https://twitter.com/DormivegliaGame

Yoshibrothers
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Re: Sonic Boom: the new sonic '06?

Postby Yoshibrothers » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:43 am

From what I've heard, the game is disastrous. Glitches, uncreative design, terrible story and plot, etc. Lets all be honest here, at E3 we were skeptical already. Most things seemed out of place, and nothing was going for it. It was practially unappealing. What still boggles me is that Generations was far more exciting than both this and Lost World(which wasn't the worst, but wasn't the best).
I've returned.

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:58 am

A bad Sonic Game?

And how's the bears shitting in the woods index these days?
im a girl yo

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:02 am

Yeah, it looks comically terrible from what I've seen.

There's apparently a glitch that allows Knuckles to restore his midair jump by pausing and unpausing the game. Pausing and unpausing the game. HOW DID THEY NOT SEE THAT DURING TESTING?
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: The goblin uprising is upon us

Postby Waddle » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:42 am

Pseudo-dino wrote: HOW DID THEY NOT SEE THAT DURING TESTING?
If there was any. I heard there was a rush deadline.

DarkShadeX
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby DarkShadeX » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:53 am

I knew since the first trailer came out,that sonic Boom will be Complete shit.
Ugly Character Designs (ok Amy and tails look good),Fighting Sequences (God,i hated those in Unleashed already) and the gameplay style just dont fit Sonic imo.
Well i don't really care about sonic anymore (one of the reasons why i changed my name) so lets hope Sega makes someday a good game for ya guys.

qig
Eerie
Eerie
Current Project: SMBX FORUM THE RPG (ahahaahhahaha)

Postby qig » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:23 pm

Nickname wrote:A bad Sonic Game?

sonic colors and sonic generations are both great.

that being said, Sonic Boom looks to be an unmitigated disaster.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:39 pm

It's probably worth noting that this game wasn't developed by the same folks who made Colors and Generations, or even Sega at all. It was developed by a third-party developer, can't remember the name.

Doesn't excuse this game from being complete shit though.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:02 pm

How to fix Sonic '06
By joshscorcher
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:15 pm

qig wrote:
Nickname wrote:A bad Sonic Game?

sonic colors and sonic generations are both great.

that being said, Sonic Boom looks to be an unmitigated disaster.
This. They should have stuck with a similar style to sonic 06 and using the same adventure formula (x stories, 1 last story, open world) that most people love. I thought Sonic 06, as TheFieryJoker said, had a lot of potential. They should have made a similar game, because the level concepts of 06 weren't bad, but everything else was. Use the same graphics as generations, people! I mean, why move to a different style. I personally thought 06's character designs were good (save for Doctor Eggman). I personally liked them better than the modern ones. They just need to make a similar game to 06, but with A.) No Glitches! B.) Better story (Come one. Solaris sucked). C.) NO ROMANCE (Big one right here). D.) Better Silver (Less annoying voice and personality, more selfless and heroic). E.) All levels are high-speed. F.) No alternate character's for stages within another character's story.

Nordic59
Bit
Bit
Current Project: Super Mario Adventure Bros Chapter 1 Return Of Darkness

Postby Nordic59 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:34 pm

to be honest i do like all sonic the hedgehog 3D games and sonic 06 was ok to me but sonic boom feels like a wierd spinoff
sorry for my grammar,i just sometimes have bad grammar

Oh dang

Yumetaro
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Current Project: The Castle of Mushroom

Postby Yumetaro » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:51 pm

It's the second coming of Sonic '06.

We better hide before we all die from the apocalypse.
Spoiler: show

My deviantArt My Tumblr

Yet Another SMBX Episode

Cancelled

The Castle of Mushroom (Coming Soon)

assmons are best mons

Yoshibrothers
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Yoshibrothers » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:56 pm

Nordic59 wrote:to be honest i do like all sonic the hedgehog 3D games and sonic 06 was ok to me but sonic boom feels like a wierd spinoff
Thats because it is a wierd spinoff.
I've returned.

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:32 pm

I hope they make a Sonic The Hedgehog 2, because those graphics I saw during LPs were pretty good. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 should feature the same graphics and gameplay, but less glitches and no buying upgrades.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:53 pm

The commercial looked good, but I don't think I'll get it if it's as bad as you guys say it is. :P

Actually haven't owned a Sonic game since Sonic Heroes for the Gamecube.

Superiorstar
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: Maybe a level for a change
Chat Username: ♧◇Superiorstar♡♤8812

Postby Superiorstar » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:18 am

SnifitGuy wrote:I hope they make a Sonic The Hedgehog 2, because those graphics I saw during LPs were pretty good. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 should feature the same graphics and gameplay, but less glitches and no buying upgrades.
Don't you mean Sonic the Hedgehog 2015? sonic 06 2 wouldn't make sense at all since 06 past already.
ImageImage

One day, we will paint with our minds.
it's been a minute since I've cared about this place, I'll have to do some catching up
If there is a 999 limit on characters, what's the limit on images?

Darkonius Mavakar
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Dreams of a forgotten reality
Current Project: Dormiveglia

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:40 am

Superiorstar wrote:
SnifitGuy wrote:I hope they make a Sonic The Hedgehog 2, because those graphics I saw during LPs were pretty good. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 should feature the same graphics and gameplay, but less glitches and no buying upgrades.
Don't you mean Sonic the Hedgehog 2015? sonic 06 2 wouldn't make sense at all since 06 past already.

...you are aware that the actual name of the game is Sonic the Hedgehog, and Sonic '06 is the "nickname" of the game... right?
My latest SMBX episode
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =36&t=1805

Please stop stealing all the assets made for Delightful Adventure specifically, thanks.

My media links:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Darkonius64
Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/Z8Z68EHJ

Support my indie game Dormiveglia!
https://twitter.com/DormivegliaGame

Nordic59
Bit
Bit

Postby Nordic59 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:42 am

Superiorstar wrote:
well i hope it would come sonic the hedgehog 2015. the story would be like: the last of mephiles Ashes of his Death in sonic 06 has landed on Earth. Mephiles Ashes turns into mephiles the dark,mephiles is angry because sonic, shadow and silver destroyed him and now Mephiles want to revenge and also destroy Earth and mobious(i dont know how to spell it) so he need to get the master emerald and the other emeralds to get Power that gives him the Power to destroy sonic and his friends once and for all.And mephiles goal is also to find the last Ashes of the flames of disaster to give the flames of disaster Power to come to Life and stuff
Last edited by Nordic59 on Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Oh dang

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:36 am

Nordic59 wrote:
Superiorstar wrote:
well i hope it would come sonic the hedgehog 2015 and the story would be like the last of mephiles Ashes of his Death in sonic 06 has landed on Earth and mephiles Ashes turns into mephiles the dark,mephiles is angry beacuse sonic and shadow and silver destroyed him and now mephiles wanna revenge and destroy Earth and mobious(i dont know how to spell it) so he need to get the master emerald and the other emeralds to get Power that gives him the Power to destroy sonic and his friends once and for all.and mephiles goal is also to find the last Ashes of the flames of disaster to give the flames of disaster Power to come to Life and stuff
I'm sorry, but can you please try to use punctuation and such things, since that post was pretty hard to read, especially if you don't know S06 canon.

To stay on topic, Sonic Boom 3DS actually seems ok, the demo was alright and it seems more like the classic Sonic games.
im a girl yo

Nordic59
Bit
Bit

Postby Nordic59 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:10 am

Nickname wrote:
Nordic59 wrote:
well i hope it would come sonic the hedgehog 2015 and the story would be like the last of mephiles Ashes of his Death in sonic 06 has landed on Earth and mephiles Ashes turns into mephiles the dark,mephiles is angry beacuse sonic and shadow and silver destroyed him and now mephiles wanna revenge and destroy Earth and mobious(i dont know how to spell it) so he need to get the master emerald and the other emeralds to get Power that gives him the Power to destroy sonic and his friends once and for all.and mephiles goal is also to find the last Ashes of the flames of disaster to give the flames of disaster Power to come to Life and stuff
I'm sorry, but can you please try to use punctuation and such things, since that post was pretty hard to read, especially if you don't know S06 canon.

To stay on topic, Sonic Boom 3DS actually seems ok, the demo was alright and it seems more like the classic Sonic games.
i do know the story to sonic 06 and that pepole were not fans of that game beacuse of thoose glitches (but i did like the game) but
i dont know the canon
Last edited by Nordic59 on Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Oh dang

Return to “Video Games”