This is the place for video games!
Drluigi
Hoopster
Hoopster
Current Project: MarioMan RPG
Chat Username: Thrusty

Terraria Otherworld: A Terraria spinoff

Postby Drluigi » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:38 pm

I wasn't sure if I should make a new topic or post this in the Terraria thread, but there's a new Terraria game coming out!

It's suposed to mix Terraria's sandbox gameplay with rpg and strategy elements.

This is so hype! OMG!
Last edited by Drluigi on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nintendo Network ID: Drluigi1337
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1934 1615 0864
Steam Profile:

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Re: Terraria: Otherworld A Terraria sequel.

Postby glitch4 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:02 pm

WHAT

My reaction about:
Grapchic design is awesome
Gameplay is great
Elements are perfect
Thinking to be better than original

verdict: hype

(oh probably it needed into one thread idk)

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:50 am

I'll probably buy it, but it doesn't look like it has the same charm Terraria had.

SilverDeoxys563
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby SilverDeoxys563 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:52 am

Uh, I'm not a huge fan of the physics. They seem too slow and floaty, kinda like Starbound--wait no exactly like Starbound. Starbound is good (AVALIS FTW), but I don't want two Starbounds. I really like the heavy/fast physics of Terraria more than the floaty/slow physics in Starbound.

Also, the sword swinging looks horrible lol. I think. There's not enough information here, really, but I really think the art style could be changed a bit too.
GhostHawk wrote:I'll probably buy it, but it doesn't look like it has the same charm Terraria had.
YES EXACTLY THIS.
ImageImage
<Ragont> as303298 the movie.wmmp
In these days, I feel particularly blessed, contented, thankful, and inspired to be Christian.

Please don't Steam message me after midnight, kthx.

lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: Soundtrack stuff

Postby lighthouse64 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:26 am

Woah, this looks kinda weird... It's so dark.
Just your average user...

Oh, and sometimes I arrange stuff like this :P https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/ ... 25261b1a11

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: I've defeated humor

Postby Sancles-Chan » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:39 am

OH MY GOD WHAT MY FAVORITE GAME EVER IS GETTING A SEQUEL WHAT OMG YES PLEASE MAKE IT COST 100$ I'LL BUY IT.

On a serious note... It's terraria, i love it, it does look a lot different though.
Also remember the beta first trailer of terraria? It looked a lot different than it does now (Like current regular terraria i'm talking about).
My first thought after seeing this was: It feels like starbound.
Which... Is kinda bad actually.
But we still didn't get to feel the gameplay so i can't judge it too hard
I go by She/Her for those who aren't aware yet.

XerX
Birdo
Birdo

Postby XerX » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:37 am

Funny how I searched for this topic and never found it. Haha.

I don't really know what to say to be honest. It looks visually appealing, but not enough info is present to actually base it on anything other than it being pretty. I hope it turns out excellent.
(I'll most likely buy it in the end anyways.)

dagget10
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: ******* ***** ***** **** (Secret)
Chat Username: Dagget10

Postby dagget10 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:28 pm

I hope a Linux version will be released.
Eyyyy

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Sancles-Chan » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:00 pm

I feel like in the beggining the game is gonna be similiar in content to the current version of terraria. But as it goes along it's gonna be a lot better, not to mention, there's probably gonna be new bosses, new biomes, just NEW STUFF

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:22 pm

You know, it'll probably focus gameplay not around how Terraria was, but more around Starbound, what with quests and RPG elements and all that. The thing at the beginning of the game appears to be some sort of teleporter, so that could very well be used to teleport to different planets. I'm really, quite honestly, thinking this will be a Starbound knock-off, or something similar to that. I might acquire the game in the future, but I'm not as excited about it as I was when Terraria was originally going to be released in Alpha/Beta.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Quill
Rydia
Rydia
Current Project: Apocalypse of Foroze...?

Postby Quill » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:41 am

Never at one point was it stated to be a sequel. It's more of a stand-alone title, branching the franchise in a different direction. Terraria 1.3 is still in development.

Yoshibrothers
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Yoshibrothers » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:31 am

Quill wrote:Never at one point was it stated to be a sequel.
The developers of Terraria confirmed this. It is in no way Terraria 2, but rather a different take on Terraria as a whole.
I understand the game is still in alpha or whatever, but I don't really like the graphical style they picked. I like that this other team is going in a different direction, but they should really polish it.
I've returned.

Paper
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Paper » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:06 am

I wonder if the original Terraria and Terraria: Otherworld can be linked up in some way...for instance, you can somehow use a Terraria character's inventory in a T:O world.
Steam:
Spoiler: show
YouTube Channel: Twitch Channel:

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Sancles-Chan » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:31 am

PaperPlayerX wrote:I wonder if the original Terraria and Terraria: Otherworld can be linked up in some way...for instance, you can somehow use a Terraria character's inventory in a T:O world.
I doubt it.
Like. REALLY doubt it. It's not gonna happen, you know why? Because the items probably aren't the same nor even similiar

Paper
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Paper » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:18 pm

Frozen Boo wrote:
PaperPlayerX wrote:I wonder if the original Terraria and Terraria: Otherworld can be linked up in some way...for instance, you can somehow use a Terraria character's inventory in a T:O world.
I doubt it.
Like. REALLY doubt it. It's not gonna happen, you know why? Because the items probably aren't the same nor even similiar
Well...how do you know that?
Steam:
YouTube Channel: Twitch Channel:

FallingSnow
Ninji
Ninji

Postby FallingSnow » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:20 pm

PaperPlayerX wrote:
Frozen Boo wrote:
I doubt it.
Well...how do you know that?
Ignoring what he said:
Given the nature of the games (one being sandbox/survival, and the other appearing more adventure-oriented), I doubt you'll be able to transfer characters or items from one game to the other. It would ruin the balance and flow of the latter game. Doesn't make much sense really from a design perspective.

Zonnepoes
Hoopster
Hoopster
Current Project: Nothing at all.

Postby Zonnepoes » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:28 am

I just don't like it. The game doesn't really look like Terraria more and more like a Starbound like platformer now. I hate it when games completely change their style of gameplay into something else.
Don't click if you dare! (bad box)

Also known on those websites as:
smwcentral:http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=profile&id=25353
raocow's talkhaus:http://talkhaus.raocow.com/memberlist.p ... le&u=98499

Keep in mind that i am not a very active SMBX poster anymore. The game is still pretty awesome, but i decided to post a little more on SMWCentral.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:28 pm

Zonnepoes wrote:I just don't like it. The game doesn't really look like Terraria more and more like a Starbound like platformer now. I hate it when games completely change their style of gameplay into something else.
By that logic you must hate every non-platformer Mario game, just to name a few dozen.

This also is more a RPG-Terraria than a platformer, while you criticise its graphical style. I think updating the graphical style is a good way to distinguish it from its prequel, while the iconic enemies and items (?) still identify it as a Terraria game. It also works really well with the sinister setting which Loki presented.

Taking a step out of the comfort zone is risky, though I think Re-Logic is doing the right thing by just doing so. They can't stick to making 2D Sandbox Platformers forever, and taking this step widens their range, while also easing the community into their change. They'll lose a few fans, but gain tons more, and I feel like future games will be drastically different from Terraria or even Otherworld. And when that time comes the same topic will be brought up again: THIS IS NOT A TERRARIA GAME YOU SHIT DESIGNERS, though it will not be as dominant, thanks to Otherworld.

I personally am looking forward to playing this with my friends. From the teaser this already looks lots of fun and I wonder how much "sandbox" they'll work into the game. I can imagine worlds having to be rather large, compared to current Terraria maps.
The ABC of Creation

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:57 pm

Guys you can't give your opinion on the game based on a trailer that shows you jack shit.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

qig
Eerie
Eerie
Current Project: SMBX FORUM THE RPG (ahahaahhahaha)

Postby qig » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:49 pm

Zonnepoes wrote:I just don't like it. The game doesn't really look like Terraria more and more like a Starbound like platformer now. I hate it when games completely change their style of gameplay into something else.
i mean it's a spinoff. i'm also not sure what a starbound like platformer is, either.

Return to “Video Games”