The Nintendo Fusion Project.....

This is the place for video games!
Portaling_01
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

The Nintendo Fusion Project.....

Postby Portaling_01 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:50 am

BULL CRAP! I just got a Wii U and I bought a 3DS LAST YEAR! I support Nintendo all the way but COME ON! WHAT THE HECK! :evil:
The code name is Nintendo Fusion and it is a Rumor/Leak. If it is fake I'll Be happy a little, I guess....

Website info:http://goo.gl/PjBtWn

Anyway, what do you think guys? I am REALLY upset!

Keddy
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: Luigi and the N.E.A.
Chat Username: elitalianoverde

Re: The Nintendo Fusion Project.....

Postby Keddy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:28 pm

It's only a rumor, but I do think it would be a good idea to put the "Money Repellent" Wii U to rest.
If my grammar ever seems bad, that's because me vale bien y bonito! :v
nya: show

qig
Eerie
Eerie
Current Project: SMBX FORUM THE RPG (ahahaahhahaha)

Postby qig » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:45 pm

krazykoopa
Spiny
Spiny

Postby krazykoopa » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:13 pm

I say don't worry. Gamecube struggled as well, but Nintendo stuck with the console and arguably has a better game library than the Wii. They'll stick with Wii U for the next four or five years. Don't believe in a silly rumor that someone probably just made up.

Raster
Banned
Current Project: The Invasion 3

Postby Raster » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:56 pm

krazykoopa wrote:I say don't worry. Gamecube struggled as well, but Nintendo stuck with the console and arguably has a better game library than the Wii. They'll stick with Wii U for the next four or five years. Don't believe in a silly rumor that someone probably just made up.
That didn't stop Nintendo from getting profit off the GameCube. Contrary to popular belief, the GameCube wasn't a failure.

The sources are anonymous, the specs aren't backed up by anything and it just seems very unlikely to be real. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this to be legitimate though; the idea of two consoles that are part of the same family is terrific.

Magician
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Magician » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:05 am

The Nintendo Fusion is unlikely, but something like it may yet appear in the future.
There's a Nintendo Direct coming today that MIGHT elucidate more on this (though I doubt there'll be any actual new hardware announced), but for the moment I'll just leave this here:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/03/ ... d-platform

The Wii U will likely remain; this information is just regarding what they have planned for future hardware. It seems like their goal is to more easily port software between devices, and I hope and assume that this will include from Wii U to its successor. Those who plan to purchase Wii U games on the eShop would like this very much, as it would mean the transfer of digital content between devices at little to no cost and with no extra development time unlike with Wii VC games to Wii U, or Wii games to 3DS.

Honestly they're quite behind on coming to that conclusion but I guess that's the downside to being such an introspective company that doesn't tend to think to copy what others are doing. My only concern is if the necessary similarities in hardware architecture between devices will limit how they may plan to innovate with their devices in the future. Though perhaps they don't need to innovate much further—they have Wii Motion Plus and a Gamepad with a touch screen. Once they sync that 3DS, what else is there to do? Upgrade? Drudge up their Virtual Boy days, and give the Oculus Rift some competition?

sardonicsteve
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Current Project: The Threat

Postby sardonicsteve » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:57 am

I just think that it isn't smart to throw a bunch of consoles at the masses hoping to make a profit off one of them. making good GAMES for consoles already out/new would greatly help the sale value of it. The Gamecube is a prime example of this (for me anyway) I bought one just to play Luigi's Mansion, Wario World, Pikmin 2, etc. That's just my thought on the matter.

- Steve
My Battle Level: Toxic Dome
My Next Battle Level: Glacial Rumble (Current Project) *Freeze Man Special*

Return to “Video Games”