Mother 4

This is the place for video games!
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
FastDasher
Rex
Rex

Re: Mother 4

Postby FastDasher » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:44 pm

I signed up for the invite list a month or so ago, which allows me to obtain the game before it comes out. I'm really excited, since there hasn't been a Mother fan game which such magnitude. Hopefully it ends up being an awesome experience!
Spoiler: show
I don't use this account that much but maybe someday I will . . .

Devan2002
Ripper II
Ripper II
Chat Username: Devan2002

Postby Devan2002 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:52 am

FastDasher wrote:I signed up for the invite list a month or so ago, which allows me to obtain the game before it comes out. I'm really excited, since there hasn't been a Mother fan game which such magnitude. Hopefully it ends up being an awesome experience!
I don't think we'll ever get a Mother 4, besides the fan-game of it. But even then, there's this:
And even then:

Btw, even though what I'm about to say isn't related to Mother 4, Nintendo of America is not planning on taking Mother 3 and release it as Earthbound 2 in the Western Hempisphere.
It's kinda sad to see that there aren't many episodes based on Link being the main protagonist. Hopefully I can see more in the future, because LoZ was one of my favorite franchises. ;)

You can always give me ideas on my projects, so don't hold them in.

I am the nerd of video games. :ugeek:
What is my life: show
Supported Projects: show
ImageImage
I support these projects. :mrgreen:
Also, have an adorable image of Budew.
Legend of Zelda X: My project: show

Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Artemis008 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:05 am

Devan2002 wrote:
FastDasher wrote:I signed up for the invite list a month or so ago, which allows me to obtain the game before it comes out. I'm really excited, since there hasn't been a Mother fan game which such magnitude. Hopefully it ends up being an awesome experience!
I don't think we'll ever get a Mother 4, besides the fan-game of it. But even then, there's this:
And even then:

Btw, even though what I'm about to say isn't related to Mother 4, Nintendo of America is not planning on taking Mother 3 and release it as Earthbound 2 in the Western Hempisphere.
God fucking dammit. Why do they hate fan games so much?

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.

I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

Devan2002
Ripper II
Ripper II
Chat Username: Devan2002

Postby Devan2002 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:51 am

Artemis008 wrote:
Devan2002 wrote:
And even then:

Don't know, but at least Capcom isn't taking down fan-games like Mega Maker.
It's kinda sad to see that there aren't many episodes based on Link being the main protagonist. Hopefully I can see more in the future, because LoZ was one of my favorite franchises. ;)

You can always give me ideas on my projects, so don't hold them in.

I am the nerd of video games. :ugeek:
What is my life: show
Supported Projects: show
ImageImage
I support these projects. :mrgreen:
Also, have an adorable image of Budew.
Legend of Zelda X: My project: show

Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Artemis008 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:34 pm

Devan2002 wrote:
Artemis008 wrote:
Devan2002 wrote: I don't think we'll ever get a Mother 4, besides the fan-game of it. But even then, there's this:
And even then:

Sega isn't doing it either, in fact, they're embracing fan games.

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.

Westretroman
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Westretroman » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:15 pm

Artemis008 wrote:
Devan2002 wrote:
Artemis008 wrote: God fucking dammit. Why do they hate fan games so much?
To answer your question, it is so they can keep their IP. According to law, itself, if they allow these fangames to keep using their IP, they'll lose it. Is it dumb? Yes, but that's how the law wants to work.

Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Artemis008 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:18 pm

Westretroman wrote:
Artemis008 wrote:
Devan2002 wrote: Don't know, but at least Capcom isn't taking down fan-games like Mega Maker.
To answer your question, it is so they can keep their IP. According to law, itself, if they allow these fangames to keep using their IP, they'll lose it. Is it dumb? Yes, but that's how the law wants to work.
Then how is Sega not losing their IP's?

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:22 pm

The controversy of them renaming it from Mother 4 is because they faced no threat at that time because nothing was even done, they were just acting paranoid. It's likely that as long as they released it for free they wouldn't have faced a C&D, because everything they made, save for the name, shouldn't and wouldn't infringe on any copyrights.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Artemis008 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:09 pm

Danny wrote:The controversy of them renaming it from Mother 4 is because they faced no threat at that time because nothing was even done, they were just acting paranoid. It's likely that as long as they released it for free they wouldn't have faced a C&D, because everything they made, save for the name, shouldn't and wouldn't infringe on any copyrights.
Oh, well now I feel like a moron.

Return to “Video Games”