Donkey Kong Country Barrels (I Must Know)

Need a specific graphic? Make the request here!
The Thwomp King
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Donkey Kong Country Barrels (I Must Know)

Postby The Thwomp King » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:22 am

I was wondering if anyone made up any possible designs or found a way to bring barrels from Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, and 3 (the original super nintendo trilogy) into this game. If they're out there or exist, I would greatly appreciate being able to use them. I know there are many different barrel types in DKC so I'd love to utilize them in many future levels. Thank you folks!

Check out my current project, Super Mario Country:

Erik
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Re: Donkey Kong Country Barrels (I Must Know)

Postby Erik » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:28 am

Maybe there's one replacing the Mega Mole, I don't know.

Kennon42
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Kennon42 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:10 pm

Hey guys, can someone go to my forum about the Cave story igor boss? because everyone is ignoring just those two.
Last edited by Valtteri on Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't advertise.

The Thwomp King
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby The Thwomp King » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:38 am

I'm very sorry, but I'm unfamiliar with Cave Story so I won't be much help there.

I'm not sure if replacing the Mega Moles would work with launching the player though since that's the goal.

Murphmario
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Murphmario » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:05 am

TNT Barrels would be very possible, since we have bombs.

Barrel Cannons would probably be impossible though.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Украинец

Postby h2643 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:14 am

Kyo made working Barrel Cannons, I don't know how, though.

The Thwomp King
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby The Thwomp King » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:51 pm

h2643 wrote:Kyo made working Barrel Cannons, I don't know how, though.
Oh that's really neat, is there a link to them by chance?

Kyo
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Kyo » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:15 am

Uh, sorry for bumping I guess. Just saw this now.

Yeah, I did make working barrel cannons, but it's so complex and difficult to make that nobody of you is going to bother with it. I'm probably the only crazy guy in this community who does shit like that. Now, I didn't touch SMBX for a while now, but I'll try my best to explain it correctly, but if I missed something, just tell me.

I made four barrels (all of them facing in a different direction) replacing the four mushroom blocks. All of them have foreground=1, grabtop=0, grabside=0, playerblock=0, and playerblocktop=0. The top of the barrel is a BGO though, but in order to place it on the barrel, you have to deactivate Auto-Align. I did that because this way, it really looks like you're actually jumping into the barrel.

Behind the barrel, there is an axe, that has a death trigger which causes invisible blocks to appear, moving into the respective direction, then disappearing. A bullet bill sound will also appear. It's even possible to make moving barrels, but it's just too complex to explain and I won't do it until there are some people that are actually interested in this.

Getting a barrel cannon to work usually takes around an hour. Getting a moving barrel cannon to work usually takes around two to three hours. I think that bramble level I made had around ten barrels in it.

Zonnepoes
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Zonnepoes » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:48 am

Kyo wrote:Uh, sorry for bumping I guess. Just saw this now.

Yeah, I did make working barrel cannons, but it's so complex and difficult to make that nobody of you is going to bother with it. I'm probably the only crazy guy in this community who does shit like that. Now, I didn't touch SMBX for a while now, but I'll try my best to explain it correctly, but if I missed something, just tell me.

I made four barrels (all of them facing in a different direction) replacing the four mushroom blocks. All of them have foreground=1, grabtop=0, grabside=0, playerblock=0, and playerblocktop=0. The top of the barrel is a BGO though, but in order to place it on the barrel, you have to deactivate Auto-Align. I did that because this way, it really looks like you're actually jumping into the barrel.

Behind the barrel, there is an axe, that has a death trigger which causes invisible blocks to appear, moving into the respective direction, then disappearing. A bullet bill sound will also appear. It's even possible to make moving barrels, but it's just too complex to explain and I won't do it until there are some people that are actually interested in this.

Getting a barrel cannon to work usually takes around an hour. Getting a moving barrel cannon to work usually takes around two to three hours. I think that bramble level I made had around ten barrels in it.
Gosh, that took you a while. I wish SMBX had a copy 'n paste option so you don't have to make those barrels again. Also, where can i find your Bramble level?
Spoiler: show
Don't click if you dare! (bad box)

Also known on those websites as:
smwcentral:http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=profile&id=25353
raocow's talkhaus:http://talkhaus.raocow.com/memberlist.p ... le&u=98499

Keep in mind that i am not a very active SMBX poster anymore. The game is still pretty awesome, but i decided to post a little more on SMWCentral.

Kyo
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Kyo » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:56 am

I think I'll just release my project, and the bramble level is in it. Maybe later today idk.

The Thwomp King
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby The Thwomp King » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:31 pm

Kyo wrote:Uh, sorry for bumping I guess. Just saw this now.

I think barrels would enhance gameplay a lot, and I could use them badly with some levels, but that sucks they take forever to work. I'm assuming you meant it takes a while to make working?

Kyo
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Kyo » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:20 pm

Yeah, it's really frustrating to get them to work. There is a lot of things you have to consider for it to work, and so you easily do a mistake. Stuff like that could probably be calling use SMBX's to its limits, and that's not easy at all. I did one bramble level and I'll never do one again lol.

Return to “Requests”