Desert Battle (vanilla)

This is the place to post battle levels.
User avatar
superdaine
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:32 am
Current Project: Darndest Devices (parody of public access TV)
Location: Kansas
Contact:

Desert Battle (vanilla)

Postby superdaine » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:20 pm

This is my first battle level! I've made it in vanilla to be simple. I've tried my best to implement the "mushroom in a bubble" mechanic from "New Super Mario Bros. Wii."

Screenshots:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Click here to download!
Visit My Website!
https://www.thesuperdaine.com/
Play my games on GameJolt!
TheSuperDaine on GameJolt
Subscribe to my Youtube channel!
TheSuperdaine on Youtube
Listen to my tunes on SoundCloud!
TheSuperDaine on SoundCloud
ImageImage
The Key Studios & TheSuperDaine logos belong to Daine Esvang via creative commons attribution license.
-Daine Esvang

LordYoshi999
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 290
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:45 pm
Current Project: none
Location: a black-hole
Chat Username: hmmm I wonder

Re: Desert Battle (vanilla)

Postby LordYoshi999 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:12 pm

superdaine wrote:This is my first battle level! I've made it in vanilla to be simple. I've tried my best to implement the "mushroom in a bubble" mechanic from "New Super Mario Bros. Wii."

Screenshots:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Click here to download!
ALRIGHT IT'S TIME FOOOOOOR AN UNOFFICIAL REVIEW!
First off, there is cutoffs for the smb2 plants and bones. They're kinda hovering. As for everything else looks decent.
OVERALL YOU GOOOOOOOOOT:
7/10
gud fr u m8
i mean other than the plants floating as well...
EDIT:
Forgot this is a battle level oops
Last edited by LordYoshi999 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler: show
sorry nothing to see here

User avatar
superdaine
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:32 am
Current Project: Darndest Devices (parody of public access TV)
Location: Kansas
Contact:

Re: Desert Battle (vanilla)

Postby superdaine » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:17 am

LordYoshi999 wrote:
superdaine wrote:This is my first battle level! I've made it in vanilla to be simple. I've tried my best to implement the "mushroom in a bubble" mechanic from "New Super Mario Bros. Wii."

Screenshots:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Click here to download!
ALRIGHT IT'S TIME FOOOOOOR AN UNOFFICIAL REVIEW!
First off, there is cutoffs for the smb2 plants and bones. They're kinda hovering. As for everything else looks decent.
OVERALL YOU GOOOOOOOOOT:
8/10
gud fr u m8
i mean other than the plants floating as well...
I guess I could have turned "Align To Grid" off in order to prevent that.
Visit My Website!
https://www.thesuperdaine.com/
Play my games on GameJolt!
TheSuperDaine on GameJolt
Subscribe to my Youtube channel!
TheSuperdaine on Youtube
Listen to my tunes on SoundCloud!
TheSuperDaine on SoundCloud
ImageImage
The Key Studios & TheSuperDaine logos belong to Daine Esvang via creative commons attribution license.
-Daine Esvang

User avatar
MarioKirby101
Bit
Bit
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 1:31 pm
Current Project: Super Mario Bros 1 Remastered

Re: Desert Battle (vanilla)

Postby MarioKirby101 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:21 pm

From experience though, if you do that too low you cant pull the veggie or whatever's gonna come out.
Super Mario Bros 1 Remastered ;)

User avatar
HVMetal
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:44 am
Current Project: SMBX: The Mushroom Island

Re: Desert Battle (vanilla)

Postby HVMetal » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:27 pm

superdaine wrote:
LordYoshi999 wrote:
superdaine wrote:This is my first battle level! I've made it in vanilla to be simple. I've tried my best to implement the "mushroom in a bubble" mechanic from "New Super Mario Bros. Wii."

Screenshots:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Click here to download!
ALRIGHT IT'S TIME FOOOOOOR AN UNOFFICIAL REVIEW!
First off, there is cutoffs for the smb2 plants and bones. They're kinda hovering. As for everything else looks decent.
OVERALL YOU GOOOOOOOOOT:
8/10
gud fr u m8
i mean other than the plants floating as well...
I guess I could have turned "Align To Grid" off in order to prevent that.
I think block-183 will help you. You can use the Block swapper ( for example: Block swap: Out - 1, In - 183 ).

User avatar
Enchlore
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 3:40 pm
Current Project: Unnamed keyboard prog band
Chat Username: Enchlore

Re: Desert Battle (vanilla)

Postby Enchlore » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:44 pm

LordYoshi999 wrote:First off, there is cutoffs for the smb2 plants and bones. They're kinda hovering. As for everything else looks decent.
Actually the bones are fine. The grass is what's cutting off.
Image

User avatar
superdaine
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:32 am
Current Project: Darndest Devices (parody of public access TV)
Location: Kansas
Contact:

Re: Desert Battle Review

Postby superdaine » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:16 am

HVMetal wrote:
superdaine wrote:
LordYoshi999 wrote:
ALRIGHT IT'S TIME FOOOOOOR AN UNOFFICIAL REVIEW!
First off, there is cutoffs for the smb2 plants and bones. They're kinda hovering. As for everything else looks decent.
OVERALL YOU GOOOOOOOOOT:
8/10
gud fr u m8
i mean other than the plants floating as well...
I guess I could have turned "Align To Grid" off in order to prevent that.
I think block-183 will help you. You can use the Block swapper ( for example: Block swap: Out - 1, In - 183 ).
(Sorry to bump) thankyou for the review, but I had problems making these plants not float. Do you have any solutions?
Visit My Website!
https://www.thesuperdaine.com/
Play my games on GameJolt!
TheSuperDaine on GameJolt
Subscribe to my Youtube channel!
TheSuperdaine on Youtube
Listen to my tunes on SoundCloud!
TheSuperDaine on SoundCloud
ImageImage
The Key Studios & TheSuperDaine logos belong to Daine Esvang via creative commons attribution license.
-Daine Esvang

User avatar
PixelPest
Edward
Edward
Posts: 6863
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Location: Canada, Eh?
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: Desert Battle (vanilla)

Postby PixelPest » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:21 am

Either turn of Align to Grid and move then down or place the SMB2 stem BGO under the SMB2 plant BGOs


Return to “Battle Levels”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest