Mushroom Fields 1

Levels that have good quality and are worth playing.
CraftedPbody
Pokey
Pokey
Current Project: Luigi's Mushroom Tour & a Quest of Eggs

Mushroom Fields 1

Postby CraftedPbody » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:24 pm

So I am working on a Mini-sode in which the main objective is to save every toad in a level.
Here's a level from it.

Screenshot:
Spoiler: show
Download
Last edited by CraftedPbody on Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

[rimg]http://38.media.tumblr.com/4b3b8c5d36a2 ... o1_400.gif[/rimg]

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UYw ... JMFa0/edit

My Project:
(Currently being revised, Updates Soon!)
I support:
ImageImage

Olhi
Goomba
Goomba

Re: Mushroom Fields 1

Postby Olhi » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:21 am

Awesome! Very good level! Great visuals!

Just 2 minor things that prevents me from giving 10 points:

- Waiting for the Shy Guy in the first section is tedious.
- I accidentally destroyed the Shell in the second section, forcing me to restart the level. A Generator would be nice.

In your Mini-sode, I'd like it if you can't die, since that shouldn't be an issue in a puzzle game.

9/10

Reiuji Utsuho
Pokey
Pokey
Flair: Time to make myself disappear
Chat Username: Yuu-senpai#1659

Postby Reiuji Utsuho » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:56 pm

Review: Mushroom Fields 1 by CraftedPbody
{Gameplay: 10Pts | Scenery/Music: 10Pts}

Gameplay:
8 out of 10
It's interesting how a puzzle-themed level can cause a lot of frustration if done wrong (or if difficult done right, I suppose) but anyway this level did the puzzle-theme dead on. It was very enjoyable and while the puzzles weren't very difficult they did take some time for me to figure out. This level also felt decent length-wise. It wasn't very short or super long.

Overall I didn't see any issues with this level and I didn't have issues while playing it. You took the puzzle idea and made a fun level from it. Also the NPC toads made me laugh a bit. I liked the dialogue additions. ~

Scenery/Music:
9 out of 10 {2Pts Scenery | 2Pts Music}
This level is as visually appealing as it was enjoyable to me, and if that means anything I really didn't have a problem with the graphics you chose. It's custom/SMB2 mixed but they don't clash, if anything they actually compliment each other rather well and add to the presentation as a whole. To me this just isn't an ugly level. Effort was made to make it look good. Your use of scenery is also quite well done. There were no barren and sparse areas from what I could see. There was plenty to look as as I moved along the level.

Conclusion:
17 out of 20Pts { 8Pts Overall {Rounded from 8.5}}
I cannot ever conclude a level to be perfect. I can conclude a level to be very good though. I love seeing levels made with effort and time put into them. Even though it took this long to get a review I'm glad I was the one to write it because this one was not only a good puzzle level but in general I would say it's rather decent for what it is in aggregate, especially for a level based on a simple (or complex sometimes) concept.

*Moved to Pretty Good

Hi! Please stay positive and keep yourself motivated. You can do many great things if you give it your effort. Please have a lovely day.
#1: Utsuho Reiuji  #2: Kagerou Imaizumi  #3: Fujiwara no Mokou  #4: Momiji Inubashiri  #5: Kasen Ibaraki

CraftedPbody
Pokey
Pokey
Current Project: Luigi's Mushroom Tour & a Quest of Eggs

Postby CraftedPbody » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:40 pm

Thank you for reviewing my level ^-^
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

[rimg]http://38.media.tumblr.com/4b3b8c5d36a2 ... o1_400.gif[/rimg]

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UYw ... JMFa0/edit

My Project:
(Currently being revised, Updates Soon!)
I support:
ImageImage

Reiuji Utsuho
Pokey
Pokey
Flair: Time to make myself disappear
Chat Username: Yuu-senpai#1659

Postby Reiuji Utsuho » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:48 pm

CraftedPbody wrote:Thank you for reviewing my level ^-^
Not a problem. ~ ^_^

Hi! Please stay positive and keep yourself motivated. You can do many great things if you give it your effort. Please have a lovely day.
#1: Utsuho Reiuji  #2: Kagerou Imaizumi  #3: Fujiwara no Mokou  #4: Momiji Inubashiri  #5: Kasen Ibaraki

Return to “Pretty Good”