Rinkas;Valhalla (CC12 8th Place)

Levels that have good quality and are worth playing.
Shinbison-Kof
Lakitu
Lakitu

Rinkas;Valhalla (CC12 8th Place)

Postby Shinbison-Kof » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:53 am

Well, I've used again a level of my episode, because I didn't had time, but I like this level! ^^
Valhalla is the land of dead ( knights and warriors), well this can be a paradise?

Screens
Spoiler: show
Download Reviews
Spoiler: show
8. Shinbison-Kof - Rinkas;Valhalla (7.89/10)
bossedit8 (8.0/10)
Grass, clouds and wood, enemies, and items. The level design is alright although I find some of the NPC placements kinda tricky and also if you fall at certain spots in the level you have to go back up again. Not too bad but eh. I find your power-up placements kinda cruel for this kind of level. I suppose because of the joke in the level name, there's one section with a random Rinka statue with a bunch of regular rinkas around it. The rest of the level was alright. There are some random red coins around in the level that do nothing but give you one coin. Dragon coins were... decently placed... all of them weren't too spectacular especially those that took longer to get. Also one thing, the moving platforms that get close get glitchy if you ride one platform and get in contact with another platform that moves as well. Overall, a nice level even with the things that are questionable.

Chad (8.0/10)
This is a really fun level. The detail and atmosphere are gorgeous, the layout is complex and twisted for a tricky challenge, and it's pretty direct and straightforward while having minor exploration. I like the inclusions of bubble enemies and moving layers as well. The level's a bit on the long side and could use a few more powerups, but neither of those are too bad. It doesn't really have any sort of central gimmick, but it does have an entertaining variety of hazards. Good job, this was fun.

ElTipsta (9.25/10)
I got Shinbison vibes from the name alone and I was right! This is a jungle level with a gorgeous atmosphere and a VERY nonlinear design, which I loved. The first section is one massive ascending section which is really neat. The background is excellent, but I noticed that there is an error with it, might be a good idea if you fix that. Play it ingame and you'll see what I mean. The level also drags out a bit, but that's to be expected with your levels so I don't mind. Excellent job! ^^

Quill (7.2/10)
Oh boy, talk about an overload of aesthetics. The level's fairly good, though a little switch-heavy in some cases. There are times where I feel using a switch block just isn't needed. Generally though, the level was pretty cool. Parts were a bit cliche, but overall it was enjoyable and that's what counts.

Valtteri (7.0/10)
This is a grand and visually intense level. There's nothing to complain about with the gameplay. It's fluid and consistent in both gameplay and visuals, with a small twist added by the meandering path and flying water.
I hope enjoy!

↓↓ Hey! Check my new episode! Thanks :) ↓↓

PROX
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: Super Mario Fantasy
Chat Username: PROX

Re: Rinkas;Valhalla (CC12 8th Place)

Postby PROX » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:13 am

sheesh and I got dinged for my visuals xD. Joking aside, this level looks very interesting. I can see that a lot of time and effort was put into making it. It looks pretty cramped based on what I can tell though. I'll be sure to play this one soon.
I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

If it makes sense then it must make dollars

Youtube Channel: ProxyHax O.O

Please do not use my stuff until I release it. Thank you.

Collab Project I'm working on:

My Graphics Pack:

World Map Pack: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20173

Sux
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Current Project: Nova Era

Postby Sux » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:54 pm

I really enjoyed this level. This have a amazing atmosphere and nice events, the moving layers are cut and very well did.
The music is cool, the only error is the death effect of bazai bill.
But the rest looks clear, outstanding work!

Shinbison-Kof
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Shinbison-Kof » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:09 pm

Thanks guys for the feedback! Don't worry, the design of the level isn't cramped, only in the second screen seems a bit cramped! ;)

↓↓ Hey! Check my new episode! Thanks :) ↓↓

Return to “Pretty Good”