Cotton Sky Collosus 1

Levels that have good quality and are worth playing.

What things do you lke in this level?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:48 am

NPC Placement
7%
Level Design
29%
Atmosphere
64%

Total votes: 14
WerewolfGD
Wart
Wart
Flair: Legalize Awooo!
Current Project: Howling
Chat Username: Alagirez

Cotton Sky Collosus 1

Postby WerewolfGD » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:23 am

Hi! I Uploaded a level again this level is using my GRAPHICS PACK you knew it. I hope you enjoy it.
Note : some traps will be kill you! this.level.is.not.have.a.trap.again
for people how don't like my pink filler : i'm sorry if you don't like it, because I like bright color.
I'm using this level too in my episode, MxW2, level 146. (see in my signature)

if you don't like this level, please leave this thread.
screenshots
Link download : http://www.mediafire.com/download/civbc ... llosus.zip
credits:
- krazybluemonkey
- Sednaiur
- Soopa Koopa
- Squishy Rex
- kyo
music : notipsmaxes
Cotton Sky Collosus 2
Last edited by WerewolfGD on Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:36 am, edited 5 times in total.
Yea... I'm back, but with different view.

Known also as Camacho or Harvey36Dice.
Also a furry

Awooo!
If you want to talk with me, go here : Alagirez#2056

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Re: Cotton Sky Collosus

Postby JupiHornet » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:55 am

Level downloaded, review will come later.
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

Erik
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Current Project: none
Chat Username: Ludwig

Postby Erik » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:40 pm

Unofficial review on Cotton Sky Collosus by andialifbatara
Ludwig von Koopa (8.2/10)
This was a really nice level, good block and npc placement and normal difficulty. The platforms were a bit too fast in my opinion and the Hooktail boss spammed me with Paratroopas, and why is he stuck in a pipe?, nice graphics btw.

Good:
-All colours fit together
-Good block/npc placement
-It's original

Bad:
-The platforms were a little too fast.

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: something

Postby silent_ » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:36 pm

So I played the level, and I only had two real problems with it:

The complex and overdone structure. Seriously, having so much unnecessary holes in the tileset and scattered around temple blocks ruined the level for me.

The pink filler. Literally killed my eyes. Might just be me, though.
previously known as Kep

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:20 pm

I can't review this because for some reason my computer won't let me open the .zip file :(
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!

WerewolfGD
Wart
Wart

Postby WerewolfGD » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:59 pm

Ludwig von Koopa wrote:Unofficial review on Cotton Sky Collosus by andialifbatara
Ludwig von Koopa (8.2/10)
This was a really nice level, good block and npc placement and normal difficulty. The platforms were a bit too fast in my opinion and the Hooktail boss spammed me with Paratroopas, and why is he stuck in a pipe?, nice graphics btw.

Good:
-All colours fit together
-Good block/npc placement
-It's original

Bad:
-The platforms were a little too fast.
thanks for your UNOFFICIAL REVIEW...... Hooktail is my favorite boss ever...... :D (oh... no ! wrong type)
Kep wrote:So I played the level, and I only had two real problems with it:

The complex and overdone structure. Seriously, having so much unnecessary holes in the tileset and scattered around temple blocks ruined the level for me.

poor..... I know you can't see pink color (you said it in NSMBXforum, in my graphic post ------> http://nsmbxforums.prophpbb.com/topic5783.html, maybe)
Last edited by WerewolfGD on Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Also a furry

Awooo!

Erik
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Current Project: none
Chat Username: Ludwig

Postby Erik » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:06 am

andialifbatara wrote: thanks for your UNOFFINIAL REVIEW...... Hooktail is my favorite boss ever...... :D
Hooktail is cool but if he spams me with Parakoopas it's a little bit too hard

WerewolfGD
Wart
Wart

Postby WerewolfGD » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:27 am

sorry about that.... I can beat it with using tanooki suit...
let me to fix it and re-upload it again. Thanks!

Also a furry

Awooo!

Choco
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Current Project: TBA

Re: Cotton Sky Collosus (Poll it!)

Postby Choco » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:16 am

Level downloaded, a real, detailed review is coming soon.
I'm that guy that you may or may not know who basically died a few months back and decided to exist again.
99.9% of everyone that is on this forum have a sig. If you're part of the 0.1% that doesn't, put this in your- Oh, shoot!

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:30 am

andialifbatara wrote:
Kep wrote:So I played the level, and I only had two real problems with it:

poor..... I know you can't see pink color (you said it in NSMBXforum, in my graphic post ------> http://nsmbxforums.prophpbb.com/topic5783.html, maybe)
Where in this post did he say what you claimed?
im a girl yo

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:32 am

There's a difference between the pink filler hurting his eyes and him not being able to see it

WerewolfGD
Wart
Wart

Postby WerewolfGD » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:15 pm

Turtwig wrote:There's a difference between the pink filler hurting his eyes and him not being able to see it
1. I'm sorry if the pink filler was hurted your eyes, because pink and light blue is my favorite color
2. because i want to make my own theme (pinky sky theme)

uh.... when my level will review?
sorry for bad grammar.

Also a furry

Awooo!

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Quest of Fear

Postby Witchking666 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:47 am

An unofficial review of cotton sky colossus
I didnt actually play this level but by the looks of it i Can say : damn dude Thats a lot of pink dude!
And for what i can see Why is hooktail stuck in a pipe but for the rest :awesome level
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Spoiler: show
Image.

underFlo
Mario
Mario

Postby underFlo » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:59 am

witchking666 wrote:An unofficial review of cotton sky colossus
I didnt actually play this level but by the looks of it i Can say : damn dude Thats a lot of pink dude!
And for what i can see Why is hooktail stuck in a pipe but for the rest :awesome level
Please play the level for commenting it, especially don't write a review before playing it.
im a girl yo

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: something

Postby silent_ » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:50 am

andialifbatara wrote:
Kep wrote:The pink filler. Literally killed my eyes. Might just be me, though.
When did I say I couldn't see the pink color? I said it hurt my eyes. Or, what Turtwig said.
Nickname wrote:Please play the level for commenting it
I read this as "please play the level before commenting on it", and that's not a rule.
previously known as Kep

underFlo
Mario
Mario

Postby underFlo » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:52 am

Kep wrote:
Nickname wrote:Please play the level for commenting it
I read this as "please play the level before commenting on it", and that's not a rule.
That's actually what I meant.
DarkMatt wrote:3) Concerning offering feedback to levels.
-You must have played the level beforehand and you must talk about it. (I've noticed people skirting this line: so I'll clarify. Posts like, "I have started playing it and I'll give you a review when I'm done," are acceptable. I dunno why you'd do that instead of just wait until your review's done, but by all accounts that's okay to do. Posts like, "That looks cool," or, "I'll have to give it a try," or, "I'm not going to play this," will break this rule and you will receive a warning.)
im a girl yo

Yogi_Bear
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Current Project: Yogi's Episode: The Legend of Peach

Postby Yogi_Bear » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:22 pm

I like the atmosphere of this level. The pink isnt too harsh (for my eyes, at least, cant speak for everyone) but it stands out as a bright pink. It works well with the blue, and the whole level felt cool to look at. I didnt feel like NPCs were spammed until the boss, and besides the shell cannon, there werent any unfairly placed. I wish there were more secrets, though. You have all these pipes and none of them take you anywhere except where you need to go (bar one, which hides the midway point sorta, which was cool imo)

In the upper right of the first section, you have this neat "?" block that takes a few tries to time your jump right to hit. It felt like my efforts were wasted though, when all I got for it was a coin :(

The boss was cool because it was hooktail, but I could just hold a shell up next to him for a few seconds and he dies. (theres no real way around this as far as I know, except to use bombs, but that isnt always a good option) Or, thats what would have happened, except the chasing koopas killed me before I could. the shell cannon in the boss room is sort of unnecessary, if you dont want anyone down there just block it off, or make it a pit. Also instead of using a pipe to explain why I can only see his head, just have his neck at the edge of the screen so it looks like the rest of him is offscreen.

All in all, I really liked the level, it was fun to play, nice to look at, and it used a paper mario boss. (Seriously, Paper Mario 64 and TTYD had the coolest bosses) Unofficial rating: 7/10. Get rid of the shell cannons, and make some of my hard work go further, (change the aforementioned "?" block to hold a 1-up or something) and this would be a really awesome level.
Last edited by Yogi_Bear on Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My (now finished) Project: The Legend of Peach

Does anyone still make project banners? Mine isn't a large project or anything, but some of them look pretty snazzy. PM me if you make them, and wouldn't mind making one for me.

WerewolfGD
Wart
Wart

Postby WerewolfGD » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:37 pm

Yogi_Bear wrote:I like the atmosphere of this level. The pink isnt too harsh (for my eyes, at least, cant speak for everyone) but it stands out as a bright pink. It works well with the blue, and the whole level felt cool to look at. I didnt feel like NPCs were spammed until the boss, and besides the shell cannon, there werent any unfairly placed I wish there were more secrets, though. You have all these pipes and none of them take you anywhere except where you need to go (bar one, which hides the midway point sorta, which was cool imo)

In the upper right of the first section, you have this neat "?" block that takes a few tries to time your jump right to hit. It felt like my efforts were wasted though, when all I got for it was a coin :(

The boss was cool because it was hooktail, but I could just hold a shell up next to him for a few seconds and he dies. (theres no real way around this as far as I know, except to use bombs, but that isnt always a good option) Or, thats what would have happened, except the chasing koopas killed me before I could. the shell cannon in the boss room is sort of unnecessary, if you dont want anyone down there just block it off, or make it a pit. Also instead of using a pipe to explain why I can only see his head, just have his neck at the edge of the screen so it looks like the rest of him is offscreen.

All in all, I really liked the level, it was fun to play, nice to look at, and it used a paper mario boss. (Seriously, Paper Mario 64 and TTYD had the coolest bosses) Unofficial rating: 7/10. Get rid of the shell cannons, and make some of my hard work go further, (change the aforementioned "?" block to hold a 1-up or something) and this would be a really awesome level.
I think you're are good for judging levels. Thanks! i'll fix it (later......)

Also a furry

Awooo!

bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Re: Cotton Sky Collosus [Review]

Postby bossedit8 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:37 pm

Playthrough made:

Original Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7_4O3hG7CI

I might played the outdated version but unknown if that is true.

@bossedit8's Level Review - Cotton Sky Collosus - Created by @andialifbatara

Design Usage:
A Level theme filled into pink and blue. Such unique ways to get to the skies with ruins. The level itself was very nice designed with the whole detail inside the dirt tiles including clouds and neat eyecandies around. As for a multy color with blue and pink, for this Level it was very nice even with enemies that fits for the theme colors. The idea of going around through the areas with obstacles and the overall design choices are very nice and I do like it... well, not all of it though. There were some areas that are surely glitchy by doing certain things during the play. There are places where it is possible to glitch through the wall if you are big and doing this correctly like at the item blocks, over it there are slopes and others there are brick/castle blocks where if you are big (Super Mario or higher) and it can be the case of being stuck by glitching too far into the outer areas which is not seen in the video but should of have done that for demonstrations. Others there are moving blocks which is nice but never add slopes on a moving layer. They are getting incredible glitchy if you do that especially by having moving layers to the left and right as they have a super weird acting behavours by standing on top of it and so on that tends to become very weird to interact. Another little annoyance was that one of the pipes were kind of difficult to reach from the bottom to the top... like by trying to jump up, it is literally difficult to get to the pipe so you have to get to the left where the ledge is near to that top pipe and jump up like that which is hard to guess and manage for the beginners. Other than that, most of the design choicements like different variety of the sections was very nice. The music was surely neat for this Level. This Level has a Halfway Point but in a unintuitive spot which means you can very easily miss it (see in my Video, I just passed it for the first time playing) and can be quite annoying. Halfway points needs to be in a spot where you can always get it and not somewhere in a different Area like that or else it gets very unnecessarily difficult just by bypassing that Room.
Point rating: 4

NPC Placements:
Your whole placements of the NPCs are ok to nice throughout the Level. For sure you take the effort to make nearly every enemies to blue and pink which is a very nice touch for this level... but even then it can be confusing a bit by having SMW Koopas and it is kind of unknown of how they act until you played it before. Most of the enemy placements are fine anyways so I have no complaints on that... well, except for one thing. It isn't advised to add moving Layers on Piranha Plants as they can sometimes be glitchy due to his placements but that isn't too bad anyway. It just seems weird by spinjumping on one of them while he's moving around especially by going down. Coin placements were very nicely spreaded around in this Level. Power Ups however were very low. Seriously, by playing a Level for the first time, players have no idea what to realise what is going on in this Level so it is a highly amount of necessarity to add more Power Ups since currently it is too lacky for this level that has even difficulty involved in it. However, at the boss you get a Tanooki Suit which helps but still, that doesn't mean for the fact that the Level itself is surely kind of unnecessarily difficult just by having low amount of power ups including with an unintuitive Halfway Point placement with multiple power ups in it. The boss was ok but simply beaten if you know how it works... but even then it was a challenge aswell by dodging chasing enemies like that.
Point rating: 4

Overall rating Score: 8

Pretty Good!

Very good Level with very nice design into it but flaws encountered.

Also...

Don't add an object over these slopes! Instead, make the entire graphic (Slope and Pipe) into a regular Block so you won't gain such issues by dying instantly if you slide into that. I did experienced that Years ago during my Video playthroughs back then.

WerewolfGD
Wart
Wart

Postby WerewolfGD » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:30 pm

yay! thanks for your OFFICIAL REVIEW and the video!
Pretty good! I'ts a good place for me.
i'll add this video into my Project.

Also a furry

Awooo!

Return to “Pretty Good”