The Switch Bridge

They're not that bad, but they're not that good either.
Princess Peach
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Current Project: Peach's Subcon Adventure

The Switch Bridge

Postby Princess Peach » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:08 am

A sky level that takes place on a "bridge". There's switches galore, and you must use them to cross the bridge!

Its another Vanilla level, so no custom graphics, but its probably quite a bit better than the last level i submitted.

Feedback is appreciated! This level was originally in one of my old episodes, in fact the first full episode i made, and so of course it was a little bad, but i spent roughly an hour fixing and improving it, so it should be a fairly decent level now :D

http://www.mediafire.com/download/env90 ... Bridge.lvl

Oh, and character choice doesn't matter, though i mostly use Peach :)

bossedit8
Toad
Toad
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Re: The Switch Bridge

Postby bossedit8 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:46 am

I'm gonna give this level a shot later. So far this level looks pretty decent for a simplyfied level like this. I like levels that focuses more on vanilla based graphics like no custom what so ever rather than a level that's been filled up with it. You rarely see levels that doesn't have any custom graphics in it so for sure I'm gonna give it a try...

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:27 pm

Unofficial Review

Well, look at that we got a level to play let's go.

So first of we start rather simple, the only thing i kinda disliked was the smb1 blocks used as ground but that might just bug me. Theres a Hammer Bro which dies after you hit the switch infront of you. While the HB can't really do damage and is rather useless we move on. I am not to fond of these bridges as imo it would be enough to have the blocks there as you barely see the bgo anymore after you hit them. Another thing i kinda disliked were the smb1 clouds used in this. They didn't really fit into it. The Bridges aren't really different but one thing that get's different is when you have to jump from block to block to get further. SOmetimes you meet some enemies also but only goombas, koopas/parakoopas and sometimes another Hammer Bro. After a while of walking to the right hitting some switches i realized that i disabled some of them so i had to go back and hit the same switch again to reactivate it. Could be my own fault as i didn't know i would deactivate them again as i though it would be the same again like before.
After that we get some.. plattforms? Well, one thing i didn't get was this:
Spoiler: show
First off imo idk if it's that good to have the lines behind those bgos. Second the switch block is useless and if you hit it you die.

After that we get another travel

and after that another one which almost killed me also:
The bad thing about it that you can't see when the ride ends so you don't know when to jump also which could kill players if they don't react fast. Yes i do know theres another switch that actually helps but it doesn't change much.

SO practically the level wasn't bad but wasn't that good either for me. I wasn't fond of the use of the bgos, the smb1 clouds.

My minium i would give would be 3.8 i might be a bit harsh but theres still improvement in this level. You could still do a level like this but maybe a little different.
Last edited by PixelPest on Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Approved with a score of 3.8

Princess Peach
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Current Project: Peach's Subcon Adventure

Postby Princess Peach » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:56 pm

I think this is a pretty accurate review, thanks. I figured there might be a problem with the switches, but I guess its not a big deal. And also, most of the enemies are paratroopas, so that way they wont fall if the switches are deactivated. and the part where you had to go back to hit switches, i did that on purpose, its supposed to be a puzzle-ish level ;)
The original version of this level was part of my first full episode, made back in 2012. So its a very old level xD Before uploading it i made a few changes, fixed a couple present bugs and added more enemies.

KingBowser24
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: Tamara's Quest: Remastered Edition
Chat Username: EvilKingBowser

Postby KingBowser24 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:35 am

Bumping this so I can keep track of it, I happened to lose access to my Princess Peach account.

KingBowser24
Swooper
Swooper

Postby KingBowser24 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:34 am

I believe the review to this level was lost when the forums went down. Is anyone willing to re-review this for me? I think it originally got like a 3.8 or something, i dont remember.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: -chan ^^

Postby Enjl » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:03 am

Scroll upwards.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
SnoruntPyro: if you don't like kirby you have no life
ToonQuill: do you have any hentai girl sfx
Pichu: "And Jesus said unto his apostles, 'ew so much clash 0/10'."
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.
MNIE52: i will not kill you, why you so rude. are you have nothing to do, boy?
Sanct: oh my god i made the perfect amount of stairs i am jesus christ.

KingBowser24
Swooper
Swooper

Postby KingBowser24 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:03 pm

That is an unofficial review.

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Stupid university assignments :/
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Postby HeroLinik » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:43 pm

KingBowser24 wrote:That is an unofficial review.
It's still a review though; it doesn't have to be from a level judge. I would take note of it and use it as a way of improvement.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
Check out my content on YouTube! // Don't forget to check out my project as well!

Return to “Average”