FallDown

They're not that bad, but they're not that good either.
User avatar
Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1347
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:34 pm
Location: Look behined you
Contact:

FallDown

Postby Artemis008 » Thu May 12, 2016 10:18 pm

An adventure into Larry's downed airship.
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Download ---}https://www.dropbox.com/s/kq3tixfvmx0ze ... wn.7z?dl=1
Enjoy!
Last edited by Artemis008 on Fri May 13, 2016 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.
Image

Spoiler: show
I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

User avatar
HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Posts: 3433
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:28 pm
Current Project: Stupid university assignments :/
Location: I do not want you Stalkers.
Chat Username: Look below my avatar
Contact:

Re: FallDown

Postby HeroLinik » Fri May 13, 2016 9:05 am

Playthrough made:



It's a bit short, it's quite a good level. Some parts are cramped.
Image
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
Check out my content on YouTube! // Don't forget to check out my project as well!

User avatar
Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1347
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:34 pm
Location: Look behined you
Contact:

Re: FallDown

Postby Artemis008 » Fri May 13, 2016 11:05 am

UPDATE 1
------------
-You can no longer stand on the pipe
+added 3rd phase
-fixed cut off
Image

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.
Image

Spoiler: show
I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

User avatar
Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1347
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:34 pm
Location: Look behined you
Contact:

Re: FallDown

Postby Artemis008 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:40 pm

Gonna bump this topic because I've been waiting on this for 3 months now, didn't feel like waiting for the other 50+ levels that have been added since then.
Image

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.
Image

Spoiler: show
I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

User avatar
PixelPest
Edward
Edward
Posts: 6780
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Location: Canada, Eh?
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: FallDown

Postby PixelPest » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:00 pm

Artemis008 wrote:Gonna bump this topic because I've been waiting on this for 3 months now, didn't feel like waiting for the other 50+ levels that have been added since then.
That's really not necessary. This topic has actually only been posted for about 20 days, 3 months is an extreme exaggeration. It would have been better if you had just PM'ed a Level Judge

User avatar
GhostHawk
Posts: 4325
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Flair: how to get a gf using LOGIC
Chat Username: Aero
Contact:

Re: FallDown

Postby GhostHawk » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:01 am

Doesn't look like that much effort was put into it. You can do better than this.
*sip* Don't talk to me until I've had my morning coffee.

User avatar
Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1347
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:34 pm
Location: Look behined you
Contact:

Re: FallDown

Postby Artemis008 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:08 am

AeroMatter wrote:Doesn't look like that much effort was put into it. You can do better than this.
What can be improved? The screenshot is outdated BTW.
Image

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.
Image

Spoiler: show
I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

User avatar
GhostHawk
Posts: 4325
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Flair: how to get a gf using LOGIC
Chat Username: Aero
Contact:

Re: FallDown

Postby GhostHawk » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:21 am

The graphics don't look that well and seem out of place. You only bothered to make a custom graphic for the goomba and left most of the other enemies unchanged for some reason. It's really just a short cramped level with no clear design other than "idk I'll just throw some blocks and npcs together with this cool song I found on YouTube and call it a level."
*sip* Don't talk to me until I've had my morning coffee.

User avatar
Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1347
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:34 pm
Location: Look behined you
Contact:

Re: FallDown

Postby Artemis008 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:40 pm

AeroMatter wrote:The graphics don't look that well and seem out of place. You only bothered to make a custom graphic for the goomba and left most of the other enemies unchanged for some reason. It's really just a short cramped level with no clear design other than "idk I'll just throw some blocks and npcs together with this cool song I found on YouTube and call it a level."
I understand what your saying, I tried making it based on Larry's downed airship from the first world in SMB3.
Guess that means back to the drawing board once again. See you in a week!
Image

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.
Image

Spoiler: show
I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

Mable
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5840
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:23 am
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Location: Accountsoontobedeleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d
Contact:

Re: FallDown

Postby Mable » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:52 am

Artemis008 wrote:I tried making it based on Larry's downed airship from the first world in SMB3.
How can you base this on something that was never in smb3? All the airship were in the sky iirc.

User avatar
HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Posts: 3433
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:28 pm
Current Project: Stupid university assignments :/
Location: I do not want you Stalkers.
Chat Username: Look below my avatar
Contact:

Re: FallDown

Postby HeroLinik » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:59 am

Tinkerbell wrote:
Artemis008 wrote:I tried making it based on Larry's downed airship from the first world in SMB3.
How can you base this on something that was never in smb3? All the airship were in the sky iirc.
Erm, maybe it was downed after Mario infiltrated it?
Image
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
Check out my content on YouTube! // Don't forget to check out my project as well!

Mable
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5840
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:23 am
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Location: Accountsoontobedeleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d
Contact:

Re: FallDown

Postby Mable » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:03 am

Then he should say that he didn't base it off from smb3. He said he based it off from smb3 when there was never something like that to be played in smb3. So it is a entirely new level not a based off level of a game.

User avatar
HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Posts: 3433
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:28 pm
Current Project: Stupid university assignments :/
Location: I do not want you Stalkers.
Chat Username: Look below my avatar
Contact:

Re: FallDown

Postby HeroLinik » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:28 am

Tinkerbell wrote:Then he should say that he didn't base it off from smb3. He said he based it off from smb3 when there was never something like that to be played in smb3. So it is a entirely new level not a based off level of a game.
Well, you could say it was inspired by the first airship in SMB3, rather than based off it...
Image
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
Check out my content on YouTube! // Don't forget to check out my project as well!

User avatar
Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1347
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:34 pm
Location: Look behined you
Contact:

Re: FallDown

Postby Artemis008 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:01 am

Tinkerbell wrote:Then he should say that he didn't base it off from smb3. He said he based it off from smb3 when there was never something like that to be played in smb3. So it is a entirely new level not a based off level of a game.
It was based on Larry's airship in SMB3, just instead of flying in the air it's crashed in the middle of the ocean.
Image

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.
Image

Spoiler: show
I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

User avatar
ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1385
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:21 am
Location: Hungary, Europe
Chat Username: ShadowStarX
Contact:

Re: FallDown

Postby ShadowStarX » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:44 am

Falldown review

Design & Gameplay: Bad
+ The room of obstacles at the end was kinda cool in my opinion and it was quite enjoyable.
- The part below the ship at the beginning was really cramped, the blooper is barely avoidable. The level is also really short, the placement isn't really good and it feels like that you've just put some NPCs together and shove them in the level. At the end I would've rather put a powerup in the '?' block instead of a 1-up. Overall, this level feels like that you didn't try to put anything interesting in it aside from the obstacle room.

Atmosphere & Visuals: Bad
- This level had quite a bad atmosphere. The music didn't really feel like as a music, just some random series of sounds that are out of place. The water is too shiny and half of the enemies are really out of place. (Rinkas, Bowser statues and a Roto disc for example) Also at some points it seems barely decorated but other times it feels spammy.

Score: 3/10
Aside from the room with the spikes and the rinkas, this level was a bad experience. (without that room, it would've gotten a 2)
Moved to the 'Average'
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Joey, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle Derp, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"I know who designed Camacho's level" - bossedit8, 2016
"Waddle Derp is a great minigame" - bossedit8, 2016
"Technically I'm not a voice memer" - bossedit8, 2016

Image
Image


User avatar
Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1347
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:34 pm
Location: Look behined you
Contact:

Re: FallDown

Postby Artemis008 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:07 am

ShadowStarX wrote:Falldown review

Design & Gameplay: Bad
+ The room of obstacles at the end was kinda cool in my opinion and it was quite enjoyable.
- The part below the ship at the beginning was really cramped, the blooper is barely avoidable. The level is also really short, the placement isn't really good and it feels like that you've just put some NPCs together and shove them in the level. At the end I would've rather put a powerup in the '?' block instead of a 1-up. Overall, this level feels like that you didn't try to put anything interesting in it aside from the obstacle room.

Atmosphere & Visuals: Bad
- This level had quite a bad atmosphere. The music didn't really feel like as a music, just some random series of sounds that are out of place. The water is too shiny and half of the enemies are really out of place. (Rinkas, Bowser statues and a Roto disc for example) Also at some points it seems barely decorated but other times it feels spammy.

Score: 3/10
Aside from the room with the spikes and the rinkas, this level was a bad experience. (without that room, it would've gotten a 2)
Moved to the 'Average'
Thanks for the review, guess I'll just be using that room for something else.
Image

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.
Image

Spoiler: show
I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

User avatar
ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1385
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:21 am
Location: Hungary, Europe
Chat Username: ShadowStarX
Contact:

Re: FallDown

Postby ShadowStarX » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:58 am

Artemis008 wrote:
ShadowStarX wrote:Falldown review

Design & Gameplay: Bad
+ The room of obstacles at the end was kinda cool in my opinion and it was quite enjoyable.
- The part below the ship at the beginning was really cramped, the blooper is barely avoidable. The level is also really short, the placement isn't really good and it feels like that you've just put some NPCs together and shove them in the level. At the end I would've rather put a powerup in the '?' block instead of a 1-up. Overall, this level feels like that you didn't try to put anything interesting in it aside from the obstacle room.

Atmosphere & Visuals: Bad
- This level had quite a bad atmosphere. The music didn't really feel like as a music, just some random series of sounds that are out of place. The water is too shiny and half of the enemies are really out of place. (Rinkas, Bowser statues and a Roto disc for example) Also at some points it seems barely decorated but other times it feels spammy.

Score: 3/10
Aside from the room with the spikes and the rinkas, this level was a bad experience. (without that room, it would've gotten a 2)
Moved to the 'Average'
Thanks for the review, guess I'll just be using that room for something else.
I meant that the room with the moving spikes and the rinkas (section 2) saved the level from getting into the trash can.
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Joey, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle Derp, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"I know who designed Camacho's level" - bossedit8, 2016
"Waddle Derp is a great minigame" - bossedit8, 2016
"Technically I'm not a voice memer" - bossedit8, 2016

Image
Image


User avatar
Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1347
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:34 pm
Location: Look behined you
Contact:

Re: FallDown

Postby Artemis008 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:01 pm

ShadowStarX wrote:
Artemis008 wrote:
ShadowStarX wrote:Falldown review

Design & Gameplay: Bad
+ The room of obstacles at the end was kinda cool in my opinion and it was quite enjoyable.
- The part below the ship at the beginning was really cramped, the blooper is barely avoidable. The level is also really short, the placement isn't really good and it feels like that you've just put some NPCs together and shove them in the level. At the end I would've rather put a powerup in the '?' block instead of a 1-up. Overall, this level feels like that you didn't try to put anything interesting in it aside from the obstacle room.

Atmosphere & Visuals: Bad
- This level had quite a bad atmosphere. The music didn't really feel like as a music, just some random series of sounds that are out of place. The water is too shiny and half of the enemies are really out of place. (Rinkas, Bowser statues and a Roto disc for example) Also at some points it seems barely decorated but other times it feels spammy.

Score: 3/10
Aside from the room with the spikes and the rinkas, this level was a bad experience. (without that room, it would've gotten a 2)
Moved to the 'Average'
Thanks for the review, guess I'll just be using that room for something else.
I meant that the room with the moving spikes and the rinkas (section 2) saved the level from getting into the trash can.
I know, that's why I'm just gonna take that section and move it to a better level.
Image

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.
Image

Spoiler: show
I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.


Return to “Average”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest