StormyDesert (Not Kaizo)

They're not that bad, but they're not that good either.
Star
Bit
Bit

StormyDesert (Not Kaizo)

Postby Star » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:46 am

*Cough*Yes i had to put the Not Kaizo at the title. Because a certain someone might TRASH it.

*Deep breath* Alright.

It's raining in a desert and what will Mario do? He will of course. Save the day.
By the saving the day. I mean bashing up innocent creatures.

I had another version of this. But there it was bit too rainy. So i fixed it.

Screenshots
Spoiler: show
Don't forget the star! Theres a sign that will tell you where it is!
This is a shocking discovery. Bowser is not behind this.

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1cwfd ... esert2.zip

Some Notes you should read before playing.

-Yes i am aware of the dark blue clouds clashing. Its the only thing i can find.
-Yes i am also aware of the SMB2 Clash. Read the sign! He does what he wants with his house!
-
I have stop updating my project. Don't cry though. It's being updated here!

http://smbxuniverse.my-board.org/

Zant
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Re: StormyDesert (Not Kaizo)

Postby Zant » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:54 pm

I'd suggest u to recolor the bushes to the foreground color and the dark blue clouds to a gray-ish color.
Also, what's up with the chuck spam in the last screen?

Star
Bit
Bit

Postby Star » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:21 pm

Well i wanted people to have a safe landing
You fall down for like 10 seconds. You grab the star and land on the chucks who are standing still.
I have stop updating my project. Don't cry though. It's being updated here!

http://smbxuniverse.my-board.org/

Danny
Bowser
Bowser

Postby Danny » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:07 am

Alright, let me just play this leve- HOLY GOODNESS GRACIOUS WHAT IS THIS MUSIC?!?!?!?!?!

I never expected someone to use music from Kid Icarus Uprising, especially the Lightning Battle theme. To be honest, I hope nobody uses it again. It didn't really fit the level that much, and it was considerably louder than the other themes you used in this level. I'm not saying I hated it, but it wasn't that pleasing to me.

This level can be described as pseudo-Kaizo, if that's even a thing (it is now because I just invented it). It was incredibly hard to run through, and it was pretty enjoyable to be honest with you. I get that this is a stormy-themed level, but the rain BGOs lagged my game for some reason (and it has on other levels using those BGOs, I don't understand this phenomena yet).

There isn't much to say about the switch block part, it was pretty straightforward and fun, and I died a crap ton of times trying to get past the Bullet Bill launchers. I was rather confused when there was no mid-point marker, it irked me, to be quite honest.

The boss of the level was exceptionally hard, the amount of enemies onscreen at once combined with the confusing (and lag inducing) rain made him one hell of a fight, but I managed to pull through. I did enjoy this level, but the difficulty was something that almost drove me away from playing it a second time. I'm going to be truly honest with you here, I actually cheated in a mushroom just to beat the boss, and I apologize for that a bit, but he was just insanely hard due to the seemingly spammed amount of enemies and small fighting arena.

Also, the music didn't fit well in the first section, but the boss battle theme was great!

I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Sat May 03, 2014 2:11 am

Original YouTube Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNebH9yE9n4

My Playthrough: ^

Return to “Average”