Wario's Castle (soon-to-be level pack)

They're not that bad, but they're not that good either.
Herobrine8219
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Wario's Castle (soon-to-be level pack)

Postby Herobrine8219 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:22 pm

Well, I had this really old crappy level (yes, crappy even by my standards) and I decided to remake it. These levels are supposed to be at least somewhat hard. The first in the soon-to-be pack is Wario's Castle.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?3b2k6teyl33pp17

I'll upload a zip soon.

Warlock
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Flair: crazy man
Current Project: Winning University.
Chat Username: Warlock

Re: Wario's Castle (soon-to-be level pack)

Postby Warlock » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:46 am

Okay, let me just make some comments.

The first screenie is REALLY bland. I'd reccomend making some BGOs that go with the lava's colors

The second screenie: same as above, but I don't know how you can prevent that.

Overall, the level is OKay, like the CGFX, but some major improvements need to be made.

Valtries out.
Hey there! I'm just a normal lad. Nothing special about me, I promise.

If you have a New Super Luigi U save file on your Wii U, you automatically unlock the Luigi Bros game in SM3DW.

"I'm not sure if you need serious help, are an idiot, came here to troll, or all three at once. I'm gonna guess all three at once."

Herobrine8219
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby Herobrine8219 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:56 pm

Valtries the Fox wrote:Okay, let me just make some comments.

The first screenie is REALLY bland. I'd reccomend making some BGOs that go with the lava's colors

The second screenie: same as above, but I don't know how you can prevent that.

Overall, the level is OKay, like the CGFX, but some major improvements need to be made.

Valtries out.
I cannot make any sort of GFX at all. And could you be a bit more specific, please? Like, umm, what kind of GFX, and what improvements; Just in BGOs, or in level design..?

Imaynotbehere4long
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Chaotic Culmination: Universe Rescuer

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:37 pm

This level was...okay. The player has to spin-jump across some saw blades, jump past some Bullet Bill Cannons and get past a skull-raft section before being able to get the only two power-ups in the entire level. Despite the lack of power-ups, this wasn't a very hard level. Although there's a relatively challenging area in section 1 where the player has to avoid saw-blades while on climbable fences, the rest of the level either had sparse enemy placement or repeated the exact same layout to the point where it actually got kinda boring (like the Bullet Bill Cannons in Section 2 or the Thwomp row in Section 3). Having to climb up Thwomps to progress is a neat idea, but you didn't do anything more with the concept; it's just kinda there.

Your bosses are a joke; not only are they all just sprite-swaps of pre-programmed AIs, but you didn't do anything unique with them (except one, which I'll get to later). The Wart sprite-swap was literally just in an empty room with a bomb generator, and the SMB3 Bowser sprite-swap can be broken by simply staying on the upper platform while it breaks the bricks on the lower platforms, only needing to move a bit if it stops breaking bricks (that is literally how I beat it, and it was on my first try, too). For the secret boss, you have to time jumping across yellow switch blocks as a projectile generator shoots bombs at a yellow ? switch, but this segment is extremely short, and once the player hits the green ? switch and frees the boss, it just becomes another boring Ludwig fight, except the player can break the boss by standing on the platform above the yellow ? switch and simply wait for the boss to become stompable again. Speaking of, there's barely any indication that there's a secret in this level at all; the only reason I noticed it is because I noticed that you used three custom songs, but I only encountered two of them in my initial play-through. Maybe you could add something to the level or the first post saying that there's a secret somewhere in the level? Also, I recommend having an up arrow appear after the P-Switch is hit.

In conclusion: I'd say that this deserves a 4.5/10. The level design is a bit repetitive at times and the bosses are incredibly bland, but at least it doesn't have any major problems.
I've decided to cancel SMBXville Under Seige. After my 1st Senior year of college, I realized I wouldn't have enough time to devote to finishing my four-level episode. Apologies to those who cared.
My favorite quote on the entire forum:
Spoiler: show
mechamind wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:People who think "autistic" is an adjective and not a verb.
You autistic some people so much with that statement.
My SMBX portfolio:
Spoiler: show
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)
SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

crusher169
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: Getting my life together.

Postby crusher169 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:26 pm

the first screenshot looks a bit repetitive and lacks bgos, same with the second one.
I'm not good at making signatures.

Return to “Average”