Colossal cannon catastrophe (Skill Tester) (Kaizo)

They're not that bad, but they're not that good either.
Superiorstar
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: Maybe a level for a change
Chat Username: ♧◇Superiorstar♡♤8812

Colossal cannon catastrophe (Skill Tester) (Kaizo)

Postby Superiorstar » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:48 pm

Who should play this: Mario

What skill: Agility

Why it has 8-bit music: Because it can

Difficulty: 7/10

Screenshots:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?gmmdocmfn7p1649

Oh, and I forgot to say, This level is kaizo.
Last edited by Superiorstar on Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage

One day, we will paint with our minds.
it's been a minute since I've cared about this place, I'll have to do some catching up
If there is a 999 limit on characters, what's the limit on images?

CreatorForce
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Re: Colossal cannon catashtrophe (Skill Tester) (Kaizo)

Postby CreatorForce » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:03 am

Unofficial Review
Dear Level Judges, I'm sorry to review this one. If something wrong, i fix it the score or word. Okay Let's started my first review

Colossal Cannon Catashtrophe @Made By Superiorstar

Playthough

This is very unfair stage ever. You're take too much cannon, from small to big. How's possible i can make it ?
Okay that's fine, Well it's call kaizo. Kaizo is very evil, yeah. I just very-very rage to play this level :x . This is unfair level in the history. and autoscroll is too fast. Almost going to pipe, there's king bullet bill. That's give me more rage.

[center]SCORE : 3/10[/center]

Graphics

I like the graphics cannon from small to big. That's looks good. And Big Bros Or What ? Using Bazooka or cannon. That's great. Good job so far.

SCORE : 8/10

Level Design

Wow. That's many cannons. I think you're put too many cannons. So player come to be more rage !
Cannons flying everywhere :/. Well, There's nothing special to me, just little navalship. that's fine

Score : 3/10

Well the score all :
4.5/10 Moved To Average
Okay, The Kaizo, Give the player rage. And The Kaizo Looks Evil :p.

I hope you can enjoy my first unofficial review. If something wrong word or others. Tell me and i fix it the english and my grammar. Thank You.

Superiorstar
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: Maybe a level for a change
Chat Username: ♧◇Superiorstar♡♤8812

Postby Superiorstar » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:40 pm

Yeah, I don't want the approving of that review, I'd like an official judge (One that won't rage quit) this time around, sorry Pivot40Channel. :(
ImageImage

One day, we will paint with our minds.
it's been a minute since I've cared about this place, I'll have to do some catching up
If there is a 999 limit on characters, what's the limit on images?

CreatorForce
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby CreatorForce » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:34 am

But anyway, this can be on my project !

HarrisonTheKitsune
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Current Project: SMBX and DeviantArt!

Postby HarrisonTheKitsune » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:46 pm

WARNING: THIS IS KAIZO!!!!
Last edited by bossedit8 on Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: User PMed for that Post - Do not respond!
for cryin' out loud, give me a break! it's hard enough as is!

AxelVoss
Bit
Bit
Current Project: Everything. Fuck it.

Postby AxelVoss » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:30 pm

Does anybody here speak English?
...Okay, now does anybody here speak English coherently?

bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:10 pm

AxelVoss wrote:Does anybody here speak English?
There are Members who doesn't naturally speak English since they are from different Countries and it can tend to having a different English speaking ability and also on a few other notes it can also harder to understand for weaker English Members. Also, it would of be more benefitual if you also talk anything about the Level's Content.

Playthrough made:

Original Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F09HZnkW9Q

@bossedit8's Review - Colossal Cannon Catashtrophe - Created by @Superiorstar

Design Usage:
This whole Level was absolutely difficult to get through without losing a 1UP. The Design criteria was nice for a Ship-Based Level like this and the details of it but due to the fact that it scrolls on a somewhat high speed makes the whole Level super difficult to get past all this. To me it would of be a bit more enjoyable to play this Level that has nothing to do with Autoscroll but if it is like that then it makes it more and more harder than it looks. It surely is a difficult Level especially with all of these Cannon Pipe Placements and more obstacles to get over with. I know this has to do with the relation to "Kaizo" but for a regular Mario Level, this drives the difficulty way too high for it's own standards. The Water (or should I say, Lava) isn't swimable which in the regular SMB3 you normally can but here you can't. I know that the whole Level is about jumping from Ships to another Ship but that surely makes the Level even more difficult if the Water isn't swimable but eh, my opinion. Ships basically don't have real secrets to discover like in SMB3 so no problems for soing this the same here aswell. Your background placements are pretty for this Level. The Music Coicements were ok but since this is a NES Version of the Music and not the SNES Version it seems kind of weird for a fully SNES Game like that. The Boss Room was ok but not executed too well which will be categorized in the NPC Section.
Point Rating: 3.25

NPC Placements:
Your placements of the NPCs in this Level was ok but very hazardous to the Player. Your Enemy Placements are specifically designed to give the player a very precice movements to get over with like with your different sized Cannonballs and so on. For a regular Mario Level like this with the whole projectile hassle and so on it will be way too much since everything needs to be Memorized to become good at it but that doesn't help to the fact that it is still incredible difficult. There are several strong Sledge Brothers around the Area which are replacing with several Boss NPCs. At the end you fight a Sledge Brother and this is where I am gonna say that this fight is kind of bad and strangely made. First of all, the Boss itself was played too near to the right wall which means if he is touching the wall he can't completly move out of it no matter how. The second thing and that is weird in my opinion is that you have a Switch that activates the Pipes that spawn Bombs from the top and a relatively surprising giant Cannonball at the left side but the Bombs can hit the Switch again and it does redo the Events like 4 Times of so but in general, what is the point of the Switch if you just throw some SMB3 Bombs at the Boss and that the Boss is on the very far right at the Wall anyway? Seems like a bad Switch to me. Your Coin Placements were just average since there are Coins that is either very hard to get or impossible. Make sure that they are all collectable and not some that they are impossible to obtain at some places. Power Up Placements are extremely low in this Level especially for this kind of difficulty. Maybe there could be a way of giving out more Power Ups so the Player has a better time to get through these Obstacles but infact that it is this low it literally takes away for being a regular Level like this.
Point Rating: 1.75

Overall Rating Score: 5

Average

This Level was incredible difficult that is definetly not worth for a regular Mario Level but it surely was decently well made since it is short. The Autoscroll kills the fun though.

crusher169
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: Getting my life together.

Postby crusher169 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:37 pm

well I speak fluent English. unlike most people on the forums
I'm not good at making signatures.

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:58 pm

crusher169 wrote:
Thank you for that relevant and totally not pointless comment.
im a girl yo

crusher169
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: Getting my life together.

Postby crusher169 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:39 pm

Nickname wrote:
crusher169 wrote:
Thank you for that relevant and totally not pointless comment.
1. your welcome

2. this level is quite difficult. it took me quite a few tries to beat it (this was added so I don't get a warning)
I'm not good at making signatures.

Return to “Average”