Companion Winter

Levels posted here need a lot of work before they're ready to be played.
AndreSagitari35
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Companion Winter

Postby AndreSagitari35 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:58 am

Hi, this is my first post and I present you with one level.

Inspired from Ross' level: "Companion Spring" from Super Mario Maker...

...with a snowy twist!

Just bring the spring, that's the key for this level.
I tested this level, and beatable. (Some precise platforming skills needed...)

Credits:
- Spinning Star Sky (Ni) - It's-A-Me!

Download:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9xnz ... 29jY2lEUFE

perhaps
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: im very cool
Current Project: oh, the usual
Chat Username: copyleft

Re: Companion Winter

Postby perhaps » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:51 am

Please put the starting point back to the regular area when uploading the level.
It's also suggested you use MediaFire or Dropbox for uploading levels.

This is way too unfair. There's blindjump everywhere. The first two bosses require that you carry that springboard. If you don't you lose. You also pretty much copied a level.

The Trash Can this should go.
been thingken about makin a few levels again

Reiuji Utsuho
Pokey
Pokey
Flair: Time to make myself disappear
Chat Username: Yuu-senpai#1659

Postby Reiuji Utsuho » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:54 am

I too would agree the starting point is in the wrong area. I don't know if it's just me, but as soon as I started I was almost immediately killed by a flameball. I apparently started out in a boss room with 3 enemy bosses and 7 flameballs and this is seriously after opening the level and just starting it up. That alone is ridiculous enemy spam and pretty cheap, but how it is that you start there with no power-ups?

Just as well I have another problem. This one is located where you have to pick up that springboard to get to the warp. On the two ice sides it's possible to get stuck, which I ended up doing. The only way of escaping is killing yourself because there's no way to jump out. I would highly recommend either filling out empty spaces so you don't get stuck or making it easier to jump out of there if you were to fall in.

My last main issue are the spring jumps that lead you to the warp. Like EpicMarioBro said they're unfair and I agree with his opinion there. They're unfair because while blindjumping isn't inherently bad, not even marking them makes it worse. Jumping hoping you hit a platform only to keep over or undershooting isn't fun. It's cheap and really takes any fun the level would've had.

Just a preference thing as well but I really don't think the first part and last part music is fitting. Still this level may have potential to it but it needs some reworking before it's fit for playing. Cheers. ~

Hi! Please stay positive and keep yourself motivated. You can do many great things if you give it your effort. Please have a lovely day.
#1: Utsuho Reiuji  #2: Kagerou Imaizumi  #3: Fujiwara no Mokou  #4: Momiji Inubashiri  #5: Kasen Ibaraki

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:52 pm

Official Review of Companion Winter

The start position is in the wrong place, so this is just a completely unfair bossfight. The level can't even be finished because there's no star, etc. at the end after you defeat the three bosses, that spam you all at once (two Boom Booms + Larry Koopa) in a room that also spams you with Podoboos. This level is therefore incompletable and there's really no reason I would want to play it anyway.

0.1/10 (The Trash Can)

Return to “The Trash Can”