Page 1 of 3

a new airship level

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:06 pm
by bobogamer2500x
here is a SMB1 stile airship level :D

here are some screenshotsImage Image
here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/922r7y109p6ka ... e.zip?dl=0
(I hope the screenshots worked ,if not tell me how to make them work)

Re: a new airship level(graphics by a different person)

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:11 pm
by Mosaic
For The Screens to work you have to put the bbcode in the post.

Re: a new airship level(graphics by a different person)

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:12 pm
by MarioHacker
That's not how you upload screenshots

Re: a new airship level(graphics by a different person)

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:15 pm
by bobogamer2500x
I don't know what or how bbcode is, tell me please, how to do it, ME NEED DEM TUTORIALS!

Re: a new airship level(graphics by a different person)

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:16 pm
by MarioHacker
Also I rate the level a 4/10 :-)

Re: a new airship level(graphics by a different person)

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:17 pm
by Mosaic
You need to upload the images to a image hosting site such as tinypic or imgur and then copy the bbcode on to your post.

Re: a new airship level(graphics by a different person)

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:19 pm
by bobogamer2500x
wait I wasn't a shy guy a few seconds ago...... how did that happen and how do I trigger it again?

Re: a new airship level(graphics by a different person)

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:23 pm
by Mosaic
bobogamer2500x wrote:wait I wasn't a shy guy a few seconds ago...... how did that happen and how do I trigger it again?
It's just a posting rank, you should know that forums have this.
You should check this thread:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... lit=+ranks

Re: a new airship level(graphics by a different person)

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:52 pm
by bobogamer2500x
MarioHacker wrote:Also I rate the level a 4/10 :-)
could you give reasons why you thought it was trash , and give me tips to improve on it?(and maybe actualy PLAY it)

Re: a new airship level(graphics by a different person)

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:56 pm
by bobogamer2500x
MosaicMario wrote:
bobogamer2500x wrote:wait I wasn't a shy guy a few seconds ago...... how did that happen and how do I trigger it again?
It's just a posting rank, you should know that forums have this.
You should check this thread:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... lit=+ranks
ok but why does your graphics pack only change Mario's color?

Re: a new airship level(graphics by a different person)

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:58 pm
by Mosaic
bobogamer2500x wrote:
MosaicMario wrote:
bobogamer2500x wrote:wait I wasn't a shy guy a few seconds ago...... how did that happen and how do I trigger it again?
It's just a posting rank, you should know that forums have this.
You should check this thread:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... lit=+ranks
ok but why does your graphics pack only change Mario's color?
It's my avatar character. And does it really matter?

Re: a new airship level(graphics by a different person)

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:02 am
by bobogamer2500x
bobogamer2500x wrote:here is a SMB1 stile airship level :D

here are some screenshotsImage Image
here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/922r7y109p6ka ... e.zip?dl=0
(I hope the screenshots worked ,if not tell me how to make them work)
oh and if you were wandering why there is no background , the blocks I used didn't support transparent masks(even when I gave it to them), therefore I needed a black background

Re: a new airship level(graphics by a different person)

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:58 am
by TDK
bobogamer2500x wrote:
MarioHacker wrote:Also I rate the level a 4/10 :-)
could you give reasons why you thought it was trash , and give me tips to improve on it?(and maybe actualy PLAY it)
4/10 isn't trash, it's average.
Read this:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =32&t=1201

The level was quite easy, and the majority of the level lack enemy NPC. For example in these two pictures.

Image

I would suggest adding some koopa paratroopas in this area.

Image

I would suggest some coins in this area, and some bullet bill launchers and hammers bros.

Finally, the fight was an simple SMB3 bowser.
There's a thread about how to make better bosses: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =81&t=8890

I would probably give this level 2 or 3 out of 10.

Re: a new airship level(graphics by a different person)

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:03 am
by Mable
"gfx by a different person"
More like gfx by Valtteri.

Also if this is supposed to be a smb1 styled airship.
Why is there smb3 stuff in it?

Oh boy time to point out all the wrong things in this via pics:

So first of all the smb1 underground bricks don't fit into this at all, i would recommend using the standard brown ones.
Spoiler: show
Image
I think this is pretty much self explained what's wrong here.
Spoiler: show
Image
No this doesn't look good either. Floating blocks aren't that great.
Spoiler: show
Image
No, you don't put those smb1 bgo bridge things on the smw fence. Also why is there a smw fence anyway if this should be a "SMB1 Styled Airship"??
Spoiler: show
Image
Spoiler: show
Image
1. Why is there yet another styled object in a so called smb1 styled airship???
2. The bgo bridge fence again doesn't look at when you placed it on the smb3 black bgo ones.
3. The bullseye filling doesn't look great.
4. Since i use Megaman i explain what those blue orbs are. 1-Ups and before this was taken there were like 20 or 1 million of them dropping down. Neither 1-up spamming isn't recommend.
5. The cloud can glitch through the airship fence.

I know, you want to know "But Tinkerbell how do u get those 1-ups??" and i say "You won't believe it but see that block there? Theres only a vine that takes you up but... you can stand on the sky. And guess what the vine is not smb1 styled.
Spoiler: show
Image
And last but not least. The boring fight with Bowser who is not smb1 styled either. The fight is easy all you do is the smb3 game thing and that's it. It asks you how you would rate it and honestly i would give it 3-4/10
Spoiler: show
Image
The only real airship in this level was probably the last one. The others didn't look like ones. Also like i said before if you were going for a smb1 styled ship you should either try using smb1 styled gfx for it also or just don't call it a smb1 styled airship so people won't question "Why call it smb1 styled? Theres smb2, 3 and smw also"

I would recommend looking at some level designing tutorials for the future.

Re: a new airship level(graphics by a different person)

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:16 pm
by KingBowser24
Hm. I'll still try this out for myself, but there are no airships in SMB1. Well it never hurts to be creative, but the screenies dont look much like SMB1 either.

Re: a new airship level(graphics by a different person)

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:21 pm
by Mosaic
KingBowser24 wrote:Hm. I'll still try this out for myself, but there are no airships in SMB1. Well it never hurts to be creative, but the screenies dont look much like SMB1 either.
But haven't you seen Mario Maker by Nintendo? There are SMB1 Airships and Ghost houses.
EDIT:
And Yay! 800th post

Re: a new airship level(graphics by a different person)

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:30 pm
by KingBowser24
I have yet to get Mario Maker, but no way, smb1 ghost houses and ships? Sweet.

Re: a new airship level(graphics by a different person)

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:33 pm
by Mosaic
KingBowser24 wrote:I have yet to get Mario Maker, but no way, smb1 ghost houses and ships? Sweet.
It gets better, there's also SMB3 ghost houses and SMW airships.

Re: a new airship level(graphics by a different person)

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:34 pm
by KingBowser24
MosaicMario wrote:It gets better, there's also SMB3 ghost houses and SMW airships.
Hahaha awesome.

Re: a new airship level(graphics by a different person)

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:35 pm
by bobogamer2500x
Tinkerbell wrote:"gfx by a different person"
More like gfx by Valtteri.

Also if this is supposed to be a smb1 styled airship.
Why is there smb3 stuff in it?

Oh boy time to point out all the wrong things in this via pics:

So first of all the smb1 underground bricks don't fit into this at all, i would recommend using the standard brown ones.
Spoiler: show
Image
I think this is pretty much self explained what's wrong here.
Spoiler: show
Image
No this doesn't look good either. Floating blocks aren't that great.
Spoiler: show
Image
No, you don't put those smb1 bgo bridge things on the smw fence. Also why is there a smw fence anyway if this should be a "SMB1 Styled Airship"??
Spoiler: show
Image
Spoiler: show
Image
1. Why is there yet another styled object in a so called smb1 styled airship???
2. The bgo bridge fence again doesn't look at when you placed it on the smb3 black bgo ones.
3. The bullseye filling doesn't look great.
4. Since i use Megaman i explain what those blue orbs are. 1-Ups and before this was taken there were like 20 or 1 million of them dropping down. Neither 1-up spamming isn't recommend.
5. The cloud can glitch through the airship fence.

I know, you want to know "But Tinkerbell how do u get those 1-ups??" and i say "You won't believe it but see that block there? Theres only a vine that takes you up but... you can stand on the sky. And guess what the vine is not smb1 styled.
Spoiler: show
Image
And last but not least. The boring fight with Bowser who is not smb1 styled either. The fight is easy all you do is the smb3 game thing and that's it. It asks you how you would rate it and honestly i would give it 3-4/10
Spoiler: show
Image
The only real airship in this level was probably the last one. The others didn't look like ones. Also like i said before if you were going for a smb1 styled ship you should either try using smb1 styled gfx for it also or just don't call it a smb1 styled airship so people won't question "Why call it smb1 styled? Theres smb2, 3 and smw also"

I would recommend looking at some level designing tutorials for the future.
I had no custom gfx for the smw and smb3 stuff , and yes valtery did make the smb1 airship stuff, EVEN THE MUSIC
you are meant to think you can't walk on air because IT IS A SECRET that you just happened to stumble apon , and the boss ,,,, I cant customize bosses , the glitch happens because the backgrounds don't recondize the transparent masks (that is also why there is no background)