SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
User avatar
The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 746
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:02 pm
Current Project: SMBX2

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby The0x539 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:40 pm

PokemonLyle wrote:After the stuff happened to Horikawa not too long ago has SMBX 2.0 been cancelled?
no

User avatar
Ryuji231
Hoopster
Hoopster
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:20 pm

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Ryuji231 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:24 pm

Okay confused. What happened to Horikawa?
Image
Image
I support:
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Quantix
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:04 pm
Location: Yes

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Quantix » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:30 pm

Long story short, she's left the internet for an indefinite time to ward off a serial stalker.
viewtopic.php?f=69&p=286856#p286855

Generic Quote Collection:
Spoiler: show
Skant wrote:The egg will fuck you if you don't catch it
rockythechao wrote:f6 is an over-the-counter generic run-of-the-mill store-brand bootleg knockoff f5
some people wrote:The021stYoshiFromThe021stCentury: Who would win, a tophat wearing a tophat, or hoeloe wearing hoeloe?
Hoeloe: yes
glitch4: f6
rockythecomet: that's a trick question
rockythecomet: a top hat wearing a hoeloe
Waffles & Stuff (timocomlita) wrote:No matter what you do, it's impossible to get rid of the impossible.
Petrifying wrote:Piss off with your sex doll SMBX 2.0
Enjl wrote:it puts a twist on classic 4 step level design which i like to call "2 and a half steps backwards design"

User avatar
Ditchencat
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:28 pm
Current Project: Various freelance games.
Location: Either your basement or your attic. I haven't checked in years.
Chat Username: Ditchen

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Ditchencat » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:06 pm

Woah
You're all cats. Aren't you..

Goomba98
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:51 pm

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Goomba98 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:33 am

Are you guys going to give non-SMW Koopas (and Buzzy Beetles, by extension) the ability to recover from being knocked into their shells, just like the official games? (And speaking of which, will you give Spinies the ability to be knocked into their shells as well, like in SMB3?)

User avatar
PixelPest
Edward
Edward
Posts: 6479
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Location: Canada, Eh?
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby PixelPest » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:33 am

Goomba98 wrote:Are you guys going to give non-SMW Koopas (and Buzzy Beetles, by extension) the ability to recover from being knocked into their shells, just like the official games? (And speaking of which, will you give Spinies the ability to be knocked into their shells as well, like in SMB3?)
Could be doable as a tweak but not a priority rn

Goomba98
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:51 pm

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Goomba98 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:19 pm

That reminds me - are you going to fix the fact that Mario's death animation still plays when falling into a pit? Or is that not a priority either?

User avatar
Matt_The_Slime
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 416
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:17 pm
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Thyme Time!
Location: Somewhere in Canada, Eh?
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:20 am

Goomba98 wrote:That reminds me - are you going to fix the fact that Mario's death animation still plays when falling into a pit? Or is that not a priority either?
I don't think that's going to be something that gets fixed
My Project: Coming Soon!
Image
Image
Image
I support
Spoiler: show
Image
ImageImage Image
Image
Spoiler: show
Image

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:14 am

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:33 am

Matt_The_Slime wrote:
Goomba98 wrote:That reminds me - are you going to fix the fact that Mario's death animation still plays when falling into a pit? Or is that not a priority either?
I don't think that's going to be something that gets fixed
It's something that doesn't happen in the original games, but I agree that it's not much of a priority.
(formerly Jayoshi, Luigi, Luigi.net)

User avatar
HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2806
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:09 pm
Location: http://www.stardustfields.net/files/cool.gif
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby HenryRichard » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:50 pm

What exactly is wrong with it?
Image

I'm on Soundcloud | My graphics pack!

Jesus is my savior.

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:14 am

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:34 pm

HenryRichard wrote:What exactly is wrong with it?
It looks really awkward, and doesn't happen in the original games at all.
(formerly Jayoshi, Luigi, Luigi.net)

User avatar
Pop Yoshi Bros
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1241
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness
Location: Venezuela

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Pop Yoshi Bros » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:37 pm

Quantix wrote:Long story short, she's left the internet for an indefinite time to ward off a serial stalker.
"serial stalker"? can you explain that?
Image

Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
PixelPest
Edward
Edward
Posts: 6479
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Location: Canada, Eh?
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby PixelPest » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:41 pm

Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
Quantix wrote:Long story short, she's left the internet for an indefinite time to ward off a serial stalker.
"serial stalker"? can you explain that?
I thought we were done with this a long time ago.

If you're actually interested she discusses it in a few videos on her YouTube channel

Teemster2
Bit
Bit
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:56 am

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Teemster2 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:13 pm

This may not be the place to put this as it may not be a bug for 2.0 but several of my levels on the world map including the Hammer Bro's, Nippers and all of the black squares numbered 1-10 are messing up. They are showing the same icon repeated 4 times in a row from up to down. For example The black square will be 4 of the same square instead of just the single black level tile. I never researched how to post screenshots yet but I can do that if you guys need some. I think it's just a graphic issue but not sure.

So it looks like this (The S representing the black square)
S
S
S
S

There should only be one single graphic icon. Not all of my levels do this. Any ideas?

User avatar
Electriking
Wart
Wart
Posts: 3357
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Current Project: Mushroom Kingdom Massacre, and perhaps some other thing
Location: Hyrule
Chat Username: Electriking

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Electriking » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:23 pm

Teemster2 wrote:This may not be the place to put this as it may not be a bug for 2.0 but several of my levels on the world map including the Hammer Bro's, Nippers and all of the black squares numbered 1-10 are messing up. They are showing the same icon repeated 4 times in a row from up to down. For example The black square will be 4 of the same square instead of just the single black level tile. I never researched how to post screenshots yet but I can do that if you guys need some. I think it's just a graphic issue but not sure.

So it looks like this (The S representing the black square)
S
S
S
S

There should only be one single graphic icon. Not all of my levels do this. Any ideas?
Did you try to make 4 frame sprites for sprites that only have one frame?
Join my Discord server
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
Horikawa Otane wrote:lol
thehelmetguy1 wrote:I wonder who was the idiot that made the fake beta 4 announcement
Enjl wrote:Apologies for knowing how to research.
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.
Image
Literally me when I read that post lol
The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox
Image
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?
WARNING: Quill is in here: show
Image

Teemster2
Bit
Bit
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:56 am

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Teemster2 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:36 pm

Electriking wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:This may not be the place to put this as it may not be a bug for 2.0 but several of my levels on the world map including the Hammer Bro's, Nippers and all of the black squares numbered 1-10 are messing up. They are showing the same icon repeated 4 times in a row from up to down. For example The black square will be 4 of the same square instead of just the single black level tile. I never researched how to post screenshots yet but I can do that if you guys need some. I think it's just a graphic issue but not sure.

So it looks like this (The S representing the black square)
S
S
S
S

There should only be one single graphic icon. Not all of my levels do this. Any ideas?
Did you try to make 4 frame sprites for sprites that only have one frame?
No I just added custom level sprites from the big graphics pack and others in place of the dummy blocks and they worked fine for my original 1.3 but for Beta3 they are showing up as multiples in the level pick list and on the world map. It appears to be only custom levels I added. The SMW level icons work fine so I may just stick with those.

Also is there a way to make certain levels on the world map playable only after a set number of stars is created? I'm just wondering if it's possible?

User avatar
Pop Yoshi Bros
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1241
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness
Location: Venezuela

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Pop Yoshi Bros » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:49 pm

Teemster2 wrote:No I just added custom level sprites from the big graphics pack and others in place of the dummy blocks and they worked fine for my original 1.3 but for Beta3 they are showing up as multiples in the level pick list and on the world map. It appears to be only custom levels I added. The SMW level icons work fine so I may just stick with those.
If I'm not wrong dummy blocks doesn't work with the 2.0
Image

Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
Westretroman
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:50 pm

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Westretroman » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:16 pm

Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:No I just added custom level sprites from the big graphics pack and others in place of the dummy blocks and they worked fine for my original 1.3 but for Beta3 they are showing up as multiples in the level pick list and on the world map. It appears to be only custom levels I added. The SMW level icons work fine so I may just stick with those.
If I'm not wrong dummy blocks doesn't work with the 2.0
Actually, Dummy Blocks DO work with 2.0, he means animated ones like Hammer Brothers, animated dummy blocks don't work.

User avatar
Hoeloe
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 759
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Hoeloe » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:50 am

Westretroman wrote:
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:No I just added custom level sprites from the big graphics pack and others in place of the dummy blocks and they worked fine for my original 1.3 but for Beta3 they are showing up as multiples in the level pick list and on the world map. It appears to be only custom levels I added. The SMW level icons work fine so I may just stick with those.
If I'm not wrong dummy blocks doesn't work with the 2.0
Actually, Dummy Blocks DO work with 2.0, he means animated ones like Hammer Brothers, animated dummy blocks don't work.
That may not alwaya be the case. SMBX2 uses dummy slots for new behaviours, so even if they aren't being used now, they might be in future versions. However, from beta 4 we're starting to add "free" slots to these, so people have dummy objects they can guarantee won't be taken over by new behaviour.

User avatar
Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:35 am
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure (Now part of the Novaverse!)
Chat Username: Taycamgame
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Taycamgame » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:46 am

So guys, I'm thinking of getting back into SMBX 2.0, I still have levels i made before i deleted the engine off my pc. Will they still work if i redownload the game? Also, would I be able to transfer these B3 levels over to B4?
I have missed SMBX, it's so amazing to use. BTW, is it a game or a developing tool?
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
Image
Image
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login  •  Register