Eclipsed Plays Your Levels

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Eclipsed
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Re: Re: Beating Every SMBX Episode: Vanilla Episode Review

Postby Eclipsed » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:41 pm

Simply Put I rate Vanilla Episode a 1/10. Usually I'd give more leniancy for episodes but since the creator has been around for about 10 years, I am giving this a 1/10.

Vanilla Episode is a star hunt where there's 10 stars per level. One of the main problems is that although there are indicators, most of the indicators are really vague and not fun to deal with if you don't want to look at every single BGO while playing. There are also some stars that require you to fall randomly are hit invisible blocks. In addition, some of the stars in the levels aren't accessible until you can play the 7th level, meaning this is just very unfun.

Also the two bonuses at the end were really obnoxious and brought my score down from a 2/10 to a 1/10. The first bonus is a five minute level where there's a bunch of enemy spam but it also gives you powerups. Giving powerups to negate the difficulty of enemy spam makes the area not frustrating but doesn't change the fact that the enemy spam in the first place is god awful design. The last area, there's so many projectile generators they legit hurt my ears while playing. For this reason, I'm giving this episode a 1/10 and recommend that no one plays it.

Eclipsed
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Re: Re: Beating Every SMBX Episode: Captain Mario Review

Postby Eclipsed » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:18 pm

Captain Mario is the latest 38A episode and it is completely abysmal. I rate it a 0/10 and looking at how the game progresses it didn't look like the author tried after a certain point and gave up.

For starters almost every level from World 3 onwards consist of enemy spam. The only way that the episode was tolerable was to use a blue/gray yoshi to fly over it. In addition, there were star coins in the first level that were tracked properly. Then star coins that weren't tracked and then the episode dropped having star coins entirely. This right here just shows the sheer laziness of the level design.

Also, this episode was clearly not tested properly in the slightest. Since there's one level where you die after getting the exit, there's another level that the exit despawns. There's a level with a dev exit and another level where the author forgot to put the spawn point back at the start. This shows that the author did not test it properly. If you're not willing to play your level starting from the beginning after the episode is entirely completed, there's a problem with it. Fix it. There's also a level that was impossible to complete. AVOID THIS EPISODE at ALL COSTS.

Eclipsed
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Re: Re: Beating Every SMBX Episode: XYZ Review

Postby Eclipsed » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:23 pm

XYZ is an experience to post it. I'd rate it a low 8/10, so somewhere from 7.5 - 7.7/10
Spoiler: show
XYZ is a really cool 38A episode and is definitely the best one. I'd recommend downloading 38A just so you can play XYZ. All of the levels in the episode are very unique and memorable. I can remember every single one of them>

The biggest problem with XYZ is the second level where stuff can frequently telefrag you initially. The reason why it's not so frustrating is because you spawn right where you die. But overall, I don't want to spoil a lot about it, but definitely check out XYZ.

Eclipsed
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Re: Re: Beating Every SMBX Episode: Mini All Stars Review

Postby Eclipsed » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:25 am

Mini Stars is an episode that is basically the same haphazard enemy placement that is not fun to deal with. However, you're able to fly above everything so the episode is just boring instead of frustrating. However, most secret exists basically ask you to play at least half of the level again and don't add anything to the gameplay so its padded. 1/10, would be 0/10 if the game didnt give you a blue boot.

Eclipsed
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Re: Re: Beating Every SMBX Episode: How Bowser Stole Christmas Boss Rush and Review

Postby Eclipsed » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:50 pm

How Bowser Stole Christmas Boss Rush

Spoiler: show
Quick Review: This episode is one that you might like but mostly it's fine for killing time but not necessarily one that'd I'd replay.

Eclipsed
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Re: Eclipsed Plays Your Levels

Postby Eclipsed » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:40 pm

I have started playing your levels on stream.

If you'd like to know how to get me to play your levels add me at Dawn#6886

Return to “General”