SMBX Mario Challenges

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
OptimusRed
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

SMBX Mario Challenges

Postby OptimusRed » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:44 am

Hello everyone!

Recently, I have been looking on YouTube at the various challenges for the official Mario games from people such as Swankybox, Nicobbq, Mayro, Tetrabit Gaming, and Nathaniel Bandy. These include challenges for coinless runs, all coins, no jumping, no hitting enemies, etc. Watching these runs inspired me that these challenges might be able to be done for SMBX. I was wondering if anybody would be up to the challenge to beat SMBX episodes in these new ways.
I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
Spoiler: show

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Re: SMBX Mario Challenges

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:12 pm

Ussualy, I do quite a few levels coinless, and Eclipsed beat Invasion 2 Coinless.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Eclipsed
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Eclipsed » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:54 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:12 pm
Ussualy, I do quite a few levels coinless, and Eclipsed beat Invasion 2 Coinless.
not beat, I theorized a way to do it coinless, i couldnt do random water level

OptimusRed
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby OptimusRed » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:53 am

Hey guys! I am currently making a Google spreadsheet table for various challenges (as of now, I have coinless, all coins, and no hurting enemies) for most episodes. If anyone would like to contribute, feel free to PM me.
I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
Spoiler: show

TheGameyFireBro105
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Good at remakes

Postby TheGameyFireBro105 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:09 pm

The "Without turning left" challenge can be entertaining. Slope-based momentum is a huge asset in these runs, with those for the NSMB games utilizing ground pounds for extra speed.

SMBX has a very similar momentum cap to the NSMB Games (at least imo), with normal jumps and spin jumps having a negligible momentum difference.
I love these episodes; Go and support:

Return to “General”