Do the little easter egg codes still exist in SMBX2?

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
MarioTheGre
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Flair: Hello! First seen SMBX since 2016.
Pronouns: he/him

Do the little easter egg codes still exist in SMBX2?

Postby MarioTheGre » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:01 pm

Just wondering, do those little SMBX easter egg codes still exist in the game? I'm willing to make a little secret area for those that use those codes to access the secret level in my episode, which can't be accessed by normal means. If so, are there any new codes that are in SMBX2?
Also find me on SMM2:
Maker ID: Will type soon

DerEric
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle
Flair: Expectations are the seed for disappointment.

Re: Do the little easter egg codes still exist in SMBX2?

Postby DerEric » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:56 pm

Yes, they still exist. There are even some new ones.
I wouldn't recommend you to require them for a level, though - some people may not be aware of their existance or the existance of the redigitiscool code that re-enables saving after using a cheat code.

Image Image Image Image

I support:
Image Image

My favourite episodes:
Mario Classic // 2k1x: Subzero Heroes // SKL - Mario Classic Adventure

MarioTheGre
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Flair: Hello! First seen SMBX since 2016.

Postby MarioTheGre » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:32 pm

DerEric wrote: I wouldn't recommend you to require them for a level, though - some people may not be aware of their existance or the existance of the redigitiscool code that re-enables saving after using a cheat code.
Actually, it's not meant to be a required code for the episode, it's more so just a secret level that is on the map, but you can't reach it. It's a secret for everybody. Nor will there be saving disabled. It's more so the code "Where are my keys?" which allows you to go anywhere on the map. That code is the one I've been thinking about on using it to reach the secret level. And also a little nod.
Also find me on SMM2:
Maker ID: Will type soon

Dragon0307
Monty Mole
Monty Mole
Flair: Faux Affably Evil
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Dragon0307 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:53 am

MarioTheGre wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:32 pm
Actually, it's not meant to be a required code for the episode, it's more so just a secret level that is on the map, but you can't reach it. It's a secret for everybody. Nor will there be saving disabled. It's more so the code "Where are my keys?" which allows you to go anywhere on the map. That code is the one I've been thinking about on using it to reach the secret level. And also a little nod.
You mean illparkwhereiwant? wherearemycarkeys gives you a key, while illparkwhereiwant lets you go anywhere on the map. I sometimes use it just for the increased movement speed. Using that does require redigitiscool. You should probably hide it behind a very obscure secret exit instead, as that won't trigger the aniticheat.
If you are still running Windows 7, your security is at stake. And no, Antivirus is not enough. Switch to Linux!™

This ForumPost® is the intellectual property (IP) of Kamekverse LTD. All rights reserved.
UNAUTHORIZED USAGE IS VIABLE FOR CRIMINAL CHARGES ON THE GROUNDS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
ForumPost® is a registered patent of Kamekverse LTD.
Spoiler: show
Knuckles is the bad guy

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:48 am

All my assets from packs are free to use for non-Stargate levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.
For assets from levels or episodes please ask first.

Return to “General”