PGE Project thread (Editor v0.3.1.15, Engine v0.3.1)

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Quantumenace
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Re: PGE Project thread (Editor v0.3.1.9, Engine v0.2.5)

Postby Quantumenace » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:00 am

I meant when I loaded it in the game it was messed up after saving it in PGE. Saving it in the SMBX editor fixes the sizable blocks but will likely mess up the order of other things.

I tried version 3.1.9 and the config is:

Code: Select all

[background-75]
image=background-75.gif
name=Background Steel Plate
group="Super Mario Bros. 3"
category=Backgrounds
grid=32
view=background2
z-offset=-1
climbing=0
animated=0
frames=1
frame-speed=125
smbx64-sort-priority=1
Like I said it looks fine in the editor, but when I save it and load it in the game it looks wrong.

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881

Postby Wohlstand » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:45 am

Quantumenace wrote:I meant when I loaded it in the game it was messed up after saving it in PGE. Saving it in the SMBX editor fixes the sizable blocks but will likely mess up the order of other things.

I tried version 3.1.9 and the config is:

[background-75]
image=background-75.gif
name=Background Steel Plate
group="Super Mario Bros. 3"
category=Backgrounds
grid=32
view=background2
z-offset=-1
climbing=0
animated=0
frames=1
frame-speed=125
smbx64-sort-priority=1
Like I said it looks fine in the editor, but when I save it and load it in the game it looks wrong.
That wired, because when I made new dummy level with sizable blocks and that BGO: everything shown fine everywhere. I think that this caused with combination of BGO's and order of BGO's in the array causes some render mistakes in SMBX. Can you send me your level (only LVL-file, CGFX and musics not needed here)?
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

Quantumenace
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby Quantumenace » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:21 pm

I copied a chunk of the level into another file and it has the same problem. Never mind the windows, they're messed up without my custom graphics.

Placing other sizable blocks will put them under the tiles too.

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:18 pm

That wired: I tried your file in both Vanilia and LunaLUA-SMBX, and everything shown fine. Try to get PGE Editor from laboratory and then check again. (before I tried your level in LunaLUA-SMBX and then in Vanilia SMBX 1.3.0.1, I re-saved it with my latest dev build [just changed music to any random])

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

Quantumenace
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby Quantumenace » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:07 pm

I tried using the PGE version installed by the online installer, same problem.

I'm using the version of SMBX from the 2.0 beta download. Does that matter?

The problem appears to be caused by the BGO type background-190 (quicksand bottom, background) being in the level. Background-190 is the last BGO listed in the config, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:27 pm

1) As laboratory I meant this place: http://wohlsoft.ru/docs/_laboratory/ (there are always fresh builds which are building automatically every GitHub commit)
2) SMBx 2.0 has one snapshot of PGE, but it takes updates slower, or Online Installer downloads PGE from public storage which I updating when I making a new release or important hotfix.
3) I will check order priority values between BGO-75 and BGO-190, if BGO-190 has lower order priorty, that would cause this bug, becauase in the LVL File that BGO-190 will be written first, and then BGO-75.
SMBX trying to optimize implementation of Z-Order with pre-sorting of BGO's in the file. So, I used that trick (modifyable BGO's order priority) to force some BGO's to render foreground, I'll check that and I will send a fix. Until I will implement a fix, try to set all BGO-75 the "Order priority" with "1" value and all BGO-190 with order priority "10". Note: those values are not saving into SMBX's LVL file format, there are using once while you saving LVL file. To keep those values to repeat usage of them, use the LVLX file format

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

Quantumenace
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby Quantumenace » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:22 pm

I tried that version, same problem. I had to copy the config from the one that came with the SMBX 2.0 beta because the one up for download gave a "could not load config" error:

Warning: (:0, ): libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
Warning: (:0, ): Could not parse stylesheet of object 0x4ab3510
Fatal: <Error, application closed>

Stack trace:

Edit: It looks like background-190 is the only BGO that ends up behind the blocks, even though it should be in front.

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:27 am

Quantumenace, I found reason why that miss up with BGO's order happens: it's a small bug in PGE File Library which I just been fixed:
https://github.com/Wohlhabend-Networks/ ... bdb18445a0
After 1 hour you can download fresh build from AppVeyor and then try again. Later I'll send fixed build to public places and to SMBX 2.0 too.

Inside SMBX 2.0 is using the "SMBX Integration" config pack with pre-defined relative path to parent directory (use default stuff from SMBX), so, that config pack is not independend pack, therefore you must download separated config pack or don't move PGE outside SMBX 2.0 without installing of full config pack.

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

Quantumenace
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby Quantumenace » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:10 am

Thank you!

Edit: That did appear to fix the particular problem with background-190. However, some other BGOs have a priority of 1 and "view=background" which is in front of sizables, and that causes the same problem. Mostly it's the "ground blocks" that have this.

yoshiegg
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: Super Mario 64 PC

Postby yoshiegg » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:00 am

Somehow, I have to play with Peach, who has completely strange behaviour like being e.g. little, collecting a whole bunch of mushrooms, staying small, getting hit-> racoon without any effect, getting hit-> getting small, (collect powerup-> nothing happens), getting hit again-> dying.What can I do about this problem?

TDK
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby TDK » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:01 am

yoshiegg wrote:Somehow, I have to play with Peach, who has completely strange behaviour like being e.g. little, collecting a whole bunch of mushrooms, staying small, getting hit-> racoon without any effect, getting hit-> getting small, (collect powerup-> nothing happens), getting hit again-> dying.What can I do about this problem?
Test using SMBX.

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:04 am

yoshiegg, it's imperfection, because playable character's API isn't implemented yet, therefore powerups are not working. By default, every character has 3 points of health. Read carefully engine's readme file, and look for a note: you can toggle character with 7 (small Peach), 8 (raccoon Peach), 9 (small Mario), 0 (raccoon Mario) keys until Playable character LUA API will be implemented and when will be able to implement event function to correctly process powerups, health repairing bonuses, etc.
So, how TheDinoKing432 above and h2643 below are told, you can use SMBX test while PGE Engine is WIP (you can just use it to test implemented/unimplemented PGE specific features, etc.)
Last edited by Wohlstand on Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Украинец
Current Project: RL
Chat Username: h/hnumbers

Postby h2643 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:05 am

yoshiegg wrote:Somehow, I have to play with Peach, who has completely strange behaviour like being e.g. little, collecting a whole bunch of mushrooms, staying small, getting hit-> racoon without any effect, getting hit-> getting small, (collect powerup-> nothing happens), getting hit again-> dying.What can I do about this problem?
Nothing. The PGE Engine is still WIP, so it's recomended to use SMBX level testing for now... Image

HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Postby HenryRichard » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:26 pm

There are a few bugs with using the Test in SMBX, such as not all episode files being copied (For example, if I have a folder called "flag sfx" in my episode folder that is required by the level, it doesn't get copied and breaks). Is there any way we could test the level in the episode instead of making a new dummy episode for it?

(and by "we" I mean the PGE team, which doesn't include me because if I tried to fix this myself I'd probably cause lots of recursion and messy code and junk)

I'm on Soundcloud | My graphics pack!

Jesus is my savior.

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:16 pm

HenryRichard wrote:There are a few bugs with using the Test in SMBX, such as not all episode files being copied (For example, if I have a folder called "flag sfx" in my episode folder that is required by the level, it doesn't get copied and breaks). Is there any way we could test the level in the episode instead of making a new dummy episode for it?
Yes, but Rednaxela (who works on this feature at LunaLUA side) doesn't finished this feature yet: it successfully runs a requested level file directly, but because a bugs, it works very buggy and causes random crashes after exiting/dying. Therefore I still using old way:
- on Windows Vista and higher I making a symbolic links to the level custom folder instead of coping everything
- on Windows XP I recursively copy everything from custom folder into dummy episode.
Anyway, I still use old way if Vanilla SMBX build has been detected (impossible to execute level file automatically because Redigit wasn't implemented that).
HenryRichard wrote: (and by "we" I mean the PGE team, which doesn't include me because if I tried to fix this myself I'd probably cause lots of recursion and messy code and junk)
Don't worry, because GIT allows to revert junk changes. I think, I can temporary make a workaround thing: a toolbox of DEPENDENCIES: folders and extra files which are must be copied into dummy SMBX folder too! (data will besaved into META-file for SMBx64-LVL case, or inside LVLX file) That needed until Rednaxela will finish works on LunaLUA side. Also coping is required to test unsaved/untitled/incompatible(lvlx,smbx65-38A files) files as-is without reqiring save into SMBX64-LVL format.

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

[]Yaroslav269[]
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: Luigi is Missing!
Chat Username: Yaroslav269

Postby []Yaroslav269[] » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:51 am

PGE is good, but sometimes it trolls me.
With original graphics block 575 (underwater sizable) in PGE shows as light purple underwater block, but in original SMBX it's a grey stone block!
Also, i think, underground blocks from SMB3 in PGE a bit lighter or darker than in SMBX.
:?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 999 character limit.

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:05 am

Because PGE used Redigit's graphics, but you able to copy your gifs from SMBX 1.3.0.1. That block was replaced by Joey, but I used Redigit stuff as-is with some fixes (SW Castle background with missed pixels row, seaweeds with invalid animation, questions block with junk pixel, junk pixel on rinka's mask and ripper-ii's animation) which I made myself. You can copy that block into configs/SMBX/data/graphics/level/block folder to see that block in PGE too.
You also can Try SMBX Integration pack to use stuff of your SMBX directly ;-)

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

[]Yaroslav269[]
Spiny
Spiny

Postby []Yaroslav269[] » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:44 am

OK, thanks :)
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 999 character limit.

Ethereality
Banned
Current Project: New Super Mario World - Bowser's Vengeance (SMW Hack)

Postby Ethereality » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:34 pm

How to block all characters in PGE? Thank you.

I support projects:

Spoiler: show
ImageImage

I support GFX Packs:

My projects:

Coming soon...

My awesome IRC quotes:

<Berkian> My username "Berkian" congrats 2 years in SMBX!!! YAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!
Damn, RudeGuy! You are devil!

What Mario Character are you?
Your Result: Mario
Your Result is: Mario! You love to dance and you hate getting trapped by Bowser, your worst foe. What can be worse than getting trapped by Bowser, anyways?
Result Breakdown:
60% Mario
60% Luigi
60% Yoshi
20% Princess Peach
0% Wario

Quiz Created on GoTo Quiz

[]Yaroslav269[]
Spiny
Spiny

Postby []Yaroslav269[] » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:44 am

Also, I can't edit NPC configs...(

Return to “General”