PGE Project thread (Editor v0.3.1.15, Engine v0.3.1)

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881

Re: PGE Project thread (Editor v0.3.1.9, Engine v0.2.5)

Postby Wohlstand » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:05 pm

All blocks in file are automatically ordering by y->x order, that required by SMBX because if blocks are not ordered, NPC's are will fall through onordered blocks. SMBX doimg same order. So, blocks are righter/lower are has higher priority. I.e.if block higher or lefter - it will be drawn under nearest block. You may crop image and use as another block (don't forger that you can make image of any size and it will work in PGE Editor/engije and SMBX will handle that.
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

Axiom
Birdo
Birdo
Current Project: learning C through PSP game programming

Postby Axiom » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:02 pm

literally just downloaded and attempted running pge_editor on Kubuntu 15.04

Code: Select all

$ ./pge_editor 
./pge_editor: error while loading shared libraries: libts-0.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
what do. i don't think libts is in the repos o: I don't even know what libts is used for.

Code: Select all

$ uname -a
Linux mike-X200CA 3.19.0-28-generic #30-Ubuntu SMP Mon Aug 31 15:52:51 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
EDIT: libts and its dependencies are in older versions of the Ubuntu repositories but not in 15.04 repositories.

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:43 pm

Yea, that was been built with Semaphore CI which doing builds on Ubuntu 14.04, and therefore it's dependencies are too old.

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

Axiom
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Axiom » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:11 am

What can you do about it?

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:21 am

Axiom wrote:What can you do about it?
I just can setup OpenVZ and install Ubuntu 15 and other distros on my server and build everything with modern dependencies

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

Axiom
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Axiom » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:33 pm

Okay ty <3

Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: Utopia
Chat Username: SquishyRex

Postby Squishy Rex » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:30 am

Oh I just noticed that the SMB3 Waterfall top (background-172) runs at a different framespeed to that of background-66, the SMB3 Waterfall bottom. I notice this happens in the editor, but not while playing the level through the engine.
Squishy Rex's SMBX2 Custom Asset Pack v1.0
Coming soon!

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:41 am

Is it that they run at a different speed, or the same speed and the first frame of background-172 doesn't play at the same time as background-66, but their framespeed is the same? This is the case with any object you place in the Editor that has more than one frame, while Play Animations is on. If you just save and hit refresh, the issue should be fixed

Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: Utopia
Chat Username: SquishyRex

Postby Squishy Rex » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:52 pm

I'm not sure, they appear to run at the same speed, because every so often the animation of both top and bottom run in perfect tandem for a few frames, before running out of sync once more. Refreshing the animation does not solve this error. All other animated objects automatically sync up their animations when placed. It is definitely either background-172 or background-66 that runs with a animation timing error.

While I am using a custom tile for the waterfalls, it is merely a recolour of the default ones, which have the same problem. They aren't custom tiles with incorrectly placed frames. As you can see, they generally run out of tandem (top image) but do sync up momentarily every so often (bottom image).
Squishy Rex's SMBX2 Custom Asset Pack v1.0
Coming soon!

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:53 pm

Hm. I've actually never had that issue before and my ex-CC12 level used tons of waterfalls without issue. If it doesn't affect it during gameplay though I wouldn't be too worried

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:50 pm

Anyway I'll check out animators and lvl_bgo.ini for any mistakes and fixes are will be in laboratory. That may be happen on case when every animation is a separated timer which processing animation, but in the engine all aninators are processing per every loop. I going to unite animation processor in the editor too to dont flood cpu with junk timers and dont make possibility for desynced animatoon.

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:30 pm

PGE Engine: WIP features of upcoming 0.2.5.1-alpha

Original Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox31RezF-uw

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

lotus006
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby lotus006 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:00 pm

the PGE gameplay is fully working like the SMBX engine now ? if is it this is very cool :D
Maybe I will drop the legacy one to use the one of PGE now :D

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:20 pm

lotus006 wrote:the PGE gameplay is fully working like the SMBX engine now ? if is it this is very cool :D
It going to that course, but some things are still not implemented yet: onKeyPress/onKeyRelease lua events of player's controller class which I need to use to implement shooting of fire/ice balls by players, also right controlling of raccoon and common control of player's animation from lua side. P-Switch requires ability to transform blocks into NPC's and NPC's into blocks, also P-Switch (and "legacy" bosses like boom-boom and birdo) requires ability to set overriding global music stream to force playing one music theme instead of section-defined). I also need to implement transform-delay for players with effects to implement right transforming of character (like in SMBX and even like in original mario games. So, I going to append new effect of TRUE growing/shrinking animation instead of blinking between states to imitate that animation, also some shader effects are will help me to recolor sprite to make a fire/ice transform effect, etc.). Also some code I need to finally allow NPC have dynamic and complex effects how must be instead of "everything like goomba".

Anyway since previous state I did a huge optimization work and finally implemented lots of other features include player switch/filter blocks, player's lua controller which allows conditional manipulation with health/states to finally allow players cure their health (anyway I annoyed myself to have only 3 health points per level which makes passing an easy in past level in true hardcore mode... with 3 health points without ability to cure, without billy gun which must be used to shoot enemies arround and without any other weapons: only able to stomp SOME enemies who are stompable).
Anyway until I will implement most of features requires to have completed gameplay, use PGE Engine for any random tests as you want, and for impossible places there are some cheats are available and you can use them

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

lotus006
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby lotus006 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:40 pm

Wohlstand wrote:
lotus006 wrote:the PGE gameplay is fully working like the SMBX engine now ? if is it this is very cool :D
It going to that course, but some things are still not implemented yet: onKeyPress/onKeyRelease lua events of player's controller class which I need to use to implement shooting of fire/ice balls by players, also right controlling of raccoon and common control of player's animation from lua side. P-Switch requires ability to transform blocks into NPC's and NPC's into blocks, also P-Switch (and "legacy" bosses like boom-boom and birdo) requires ability to set overriding global music stream to force playing one music theme instead of section-defined). I also need to implement transform-delay for players with effects to implement right transforming of character (like in SMBX and even like in original mario games. So, I going to append new effect of TRUE growing/shrinking animation instead of blinking between states to imitate that animation, also some shader effects are will help me to recolor sprite to make a fire/ice transform effect, etc.). Also some code I need to finally allow NPC have dynamic and complex effects how must be instead of "everything like goomba".

Anyway since previous state I did a huge optimization work and finally implemented lots of other features include player switch/filter blocks, player's lua controller which allows conditional manipulation with health/states to finally allow players cure their health (anyway I annoyed myself to have only 3 health points per level which makes passing an easy in past level in true hardcore mode... with 3 health points without ability to cure, without billy gun which must be used to shoot enemies arround and without any other weapons: only able to stomp SOME enemies who are stompable).
Anyway until I will implement most of features requires to have completed gameplay, use PGE Engine for any random tests as you want, and for impossible places there are some cheats are available and you can use them
Thanks for the info, I will probably drop an eyes on it when the new update of Smbx 2.0 will release :D

Troshqui
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Current Project: Koopalings Revenge

Postby Troshqui » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:29 am

How can I add my custom world map music using this tool?

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Украинец
Current Project: RL
Chat Username: h/hnumbers

Postby h2643 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:39 am

Troshqui wrote:How can I add my custom world map music using this tool?
You don't, you use LunaLua for that and edit music.ini.

Murphmario
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: Project planned; waiting for SMBX2 Beta 4

Postby Murphmario » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:38 pm

How do I link up my SMBX with PGE?
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:48 pm

Murphmario wrote:How do I link up my SMBX with PGE?
You need LunaLua if you want to hook up 1.3.0.1 with PGE

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:59 pm

You need the "SMBX Integration" configuration package. When you unpacked it into PGE's "configs" folder, find inside the "configure.exe" and run it. Then choice the actual SMBX Directory. If you configured it right, all PGE apps are will directly use SMBX's config data
PixelPest wrote:
You need LunaLua if you want to hook up 1.3.0.1 with PGE
Without LunaLUA support still be, but very limited (automatical running of the level testing is works with LunaLUA-SMBX).

Anyway current in-development version of PGE Editor and LunaLUA are got ability to run direct level testing without dummy episode generation, and with ability to send updated state of level from editor while SMBX already running, it will imidately start testing of a new state from editor. And saving of the file is not required, because new testing system is implemented like testing through PGE Engine which allows testing of untitled/unsaved/unsupported files

Return to “General”