PGE Project thread (Editor v0.3.1.15, Engine v0.3.1)

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
User avatar
Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1671
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:44 pm
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881
Contact:

Re: PGE Project thread (Editor v0.3.1.15, Engine v0.3.1)

Postby Wohlstand » Thu May 23, 2019 11:00 am

MarioLover64 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 10:58 am
Can I have the link to it?
Have you joined the Codehaus Discord server? I'm at it.
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon
Image

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!
LunaLua
LunaLUA - is a LUA scripting add-on for a LunaDLL

My Media:
My MIDI-music
Pure HQ Music Pack for SMBX
Pure HQ Sound Pack for SMBX
SMBX OPL Sound pack (Created with Yamaha OPL chip and MIDI files)
SMBX38A is here
SMBX-38A download, help and support HERE (SMBX-38A (a.k.a. 1.4.x) - is Chinese unofficial continuation of SMBX)

I'm support:
Image
Image
Image


Image
P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

User avatar
MarioLover64
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:09 pm

Re: PGE Project thread (Editor v0.3.1.15, Engine v0.3.1)

Postby MarioLover64 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:02 am

No. No I haven't.

User avatar
Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1671
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:44 pm
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881
Contact:

Re: PGE Project thread (Editor v0.3.1.15, Engine v0.3.1)

Postby Wohlstand » Thu May 23, 2019 11:04 am

MarioLover64 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 11:02 am
No. No I haven't.
Feel free to join: https://discord.gg/TGBnz2u
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon
Image

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!
LunaLua
LunaLUA - is a LUA scripting add-on for a LunaDLL

My Media:
My MIDI-music
Pure HQ Music Pack for SMBX
Pure HQ Sound Pack for SMBX
SMBX OPL Sound pack (Created with Yamaha OPL chip and MIDI files)
SMBX38A is here
SMBX-38A download, help and support HERE (SMBX-38A (a.k.a. 1.4.x) - is Chinese unofficial continuation of SMBX)

I'm support:
Image
Image
Image


Image
P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

User avatar
MarioLover64
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:09 pm

Re: PGE Project thread (Editor v0.3.1.15, Engine v0.3.1)

Postby MarioLover64 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:39 am

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from lightspeed.townnamer6.org (slightly edited for privacy)

Added in 1 minute 40 seconds:
note to self: never sign in to Discord using school wifi

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1700
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: PGE Project thread (Editor v0.3.1.15, Engine v0.3.1)

Postby PopYoshi » Fri May 31, 2019 4:43 pm

Image

Can I know why PGE looks like that? I liked the version I had (the one that comes with SMBX2) and I downloaded this one from the PGE Forums, did I really download the recent version or the one I had was an older a version

I'm posting this because I don't feel comfortable in this version, there isn't even a button to select the custom items (it actually has but only shows the custom elements and isn't even in the level tools menu)
Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1671
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:44 pm
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881
Contact:

Re: PGE Project thread (Editor v0.3.1.15, Engine v0.3.1)

Postby Wohlstand » Fri May 31, 2019 5:49 pm

PopYoshi, It's the absolutely same PGE Editor as inside of SMBX2. The only difference in default settings. On the side of SMBX2 the Tilesets Item Box is shown by default. Item Browser is shown by default in regular set. Default settings are dependent on config pack you are using. You always can switch visibility of any widgets as you want. You need to show the "Caja de tileset" through "Ver" menu.
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon
Image

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!
LunaLua
LunaLUA - is a LUA scripting add-on for a LunaDLL

My Media:
My MIDI-music
Pure HQ Music Pack for SMBX
Pure HQ Sound Pack for SMBX
SMBX OPL Sound pack (Created with Yamaha OPL chip and MIDI files)
SMBX38A is here
SMBX-38A download, help and support HERE (SMBX-38A (a.k.a. 1.4.x) - is Chinese unofficial continuation of SMBX)

I'm support:
Image
Image
Image


Image
P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1700
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: PGE Project thread (Editor v0.3.1.15, Engine v0.3.1)

Postby PopYoshi » Fri May 31, 2019 6:20 pm

Wohlstand wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 5:49 pm
PopYoshi, It's the absolutely same PGE Editor as inside of SMBX2. The only difference in default settings. On the side of SMBX2 the Tilesets Item Box is shown by default. Item Browser is shown by default in regular set. Default settings are dependent on config pack you are using. You always can switch visibility of any widgets as you want. You need to show the "Caja de tileset" through "Ver" menu.
Still my only complain is that when I had PGE before in the "Herramientas de Nivel" menu there was an option to view the custom graphics, now it shows the same stuff but without the "Personalizado" option (Shows Sand, Grass, Ice, Castle, Cloud, Cave 1. Cave 2, etc but not the custom option), I have to search them using the "Show Custom Elements" and it only shows the custom graphics but not along the legacy graphics
Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1671
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:44 pm
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881
Contact:

Re: PGE Project thread (Editor v0.3.1.15, Engine v0.3.1)

Postby Wohlstand » Fri May 31, 2019 6:24 pm

PopYoshi wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 6:20 pm
Wohlstand wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 5:49 pm
PopYoshi, It's the absolutely same PGE Editor as inside of SMBX2. The only difference in default settings. On the side of SMBX2 the Tilesets Item Box is shown by default. Item Browser is shown by default in regular set. Default settings are dependent on config pack you are using. You always can switch visibility of any widgets as you want. You need to show the "Caja de tileset" through "Ver" menu.
Still my only complain is that when I had PGE before in the "Herramientas de Nivel" menu there was an option to view the custom graphics, now it shows the same stuff but without the "Personalizado" option (Shows Sand, Grass, Ice, Castle, Cloud, Cave 1. Cave 2, etc but not the custom option), I have to search them using the "Show Custom Elements" and it only shows the custom graphics but not along the legacy graphics
Do you installed Editor 0.3.1.15? I think you need to install the 0.3.2-dev version from the Laboratory (SMBX2 does use of the Laboratory branch of PGE toolchain which is coming from every auto-build from latest GIT state of PGE repo which is most fresh). Yeah, I need to make one another release in nearest time.
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon
Image

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!
LunaLua
LunaLUA - is a LUA scripting add-on for a LunaDLL

My Media:
My MIDI-music
Pure HQ Music Pack for SMBX
Pure HQ Sound Pack for SMBX
SMBX OPL Sound pack (Created with Yamaha OPL chip and MIDI files)
SMBX38A is here
SMBX-38A download, help and support HERE (SMBX-38A (a.k.a. 1.4.x) - is Chinese unofficial continuation of SMBX)

I'm support:
Image
Image
Image


Image
P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1700
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: PGE Project thread (Editor v0.3.1.15, Engine v0.3.1)

Postby PopYoshi » Fri May 31, 2019 6:38 pm

Wohlstand wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 6:24 pm
PopYoshi wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 6:20 pm
Wohlstand wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 5:49 pm
PopYoshi, It's the absolutely same PGE Editor as inside of SMBX2. The only difference in default settings. On the side of SMBX2 the Tilesets Item Box is shown by default. Item Browser is shown by default in regular set. Default settings are dependent on config pack you are using. You always can switch visibility of any widgets as you want. You need to show the "Caja de tileset" through "Ver" menu.
Still my only complain is that when I had PGE before in the "Herramientas de Nivel" menu there was an option to view the custom graphics, now it shows the same stuff but without the "Personalizado" option (Shows Sand, Grass, Ice, Castle, Cloud, Cave 1. Cave 2, etc but not the custom option), I have to search them using the "Show Custom Elements" and it only shows the custom graphics but not along the legacy graphics
Do you installed Editor 0.3.1.15? I think you need to install the 0.3.2-dev version from the Laboratory. Yeah, I need to make one another release in nearest time.
And that means........

Added in 3 minutes 15 seconds:
I's weird, I swear that the version I had you had to put Mario/Luigi instead of flags with their letters
Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1671
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:44 pm
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881
Contact:

Re: PGE Project thread (Editor v0.3.1.15, Engine v0.3.1)

Postby Wohlstand » Fri May 31, 2019 6:46 pm

PopYoshi wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 6:41 pm
I's weird, I swear that the version I had you had to put Mario/Luigi instead of flags with their letters
It's the "Super Mario" theme by SquishyRex which turns player start point flags into Mario & Luigi. You can switch the theme through "Herramientas -> Opciones de aplicación" and go into "Ver" tab and switch the theme in the "Tema" box ;)
Player start points are part of theme and can be altered by it.
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon
Image

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!
LunaLua
LunaLUA - is a LUA scripting add-on for a LunaDLL

My Media:
My MIDI-music
Pure HQ Music Pack for SMBX
Pure HQ Sound Pack for SMBX
SMBX OPL Sound pack (Created with Yamaha OPL chip and MIDI files)
SMBX38A is here
SMBX-38A download, help and support HERE (SMBX-38A (a.k.a. 1.4.x) - is Chinese unofficial continuation of SMBX)

I'm support:
Image
Image
Image


Image
P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1700
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: PGE Project thread (Editor v0.3.1.15, Engine v0.3.1)

Postby PopYoshi » Fri May 31, 2019 6:52 pm

Wohlstand wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 6:46 pm
PopYoshi wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 6:41 pm
I's weird, I swear that the version I had you had to put Mario/Luigi instead of flags with their letters
It's the "Super Mario" theme by SquishyRex which turns player start point flags into Mario & Luigi. You can switch the theme through "Herramientas -> Opciones de aplicación" and go into "Ver" tab and switch the theme in the "Tema" box ;)
Player start points are part of theme and can be altered by it.
I'm starting to believe that the "Personalizado" option in "Herramientas de nivel" is part of the theme too, because I was using the PGE that comes with SMBX2. I need help, I don't want to keep looking for my custom graphics in "Show Custom Elements" and when I want a legacy item I have to return and again go to show custom elements, it's annoying :<
Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1671
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:44 pm
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881
Contact:

Re: PGE Project thread (Editor v0.3.1.15, Engine v0.3.1)

Postby Wohlstand » Fri May 31, 2019 7:03 pm

PopYoshi wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 6:52 pm
I'm starting to believe that the "Personalizado" option in "Herramientas de nivel" is part of the theme too, because I was using the PGE that comes with SMBX2. I need help, I don't want to keep looking for my custom graphics in "Show Custom Elements" and when I want a legacy item I have to return and again go to show custom elements, it's annoying :<
Oh, yeah, since some moment I have reworked the toolbox and instead of "[Personalizado]" category I have made the settings menu (a wrench icon) to toggle showing defaults only, custom only, etc. that allows to use categories per those things, adds ability to change sorting type, sorting order, more search criterias, etc. Did you used Beta3? Yeah, that's pretty ancient PGE Editor in it, and it's most buggy. The checkbox inside [wrench] menu is the same as [Personalizado] category, it was just moved into the new place. Do you want to remember the state of "Mostar elementos personalizados" to don't reset every level switch, etc.?
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon
Image

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!
LunaLua
LunaLUA - is a LUA scripting add-on for a LunaDLL

My Media:
My MIDI-music
Pure HQ Music Pack for SMBX
Pure HQ Sound Pack for SMBX
SMBX OPL Sound pack (Created with Yamaha OPL chip and MIDI files)
SMBX38A is here
SMBX-38A download, help and support HERE (SMBX-38A (a.k.a. 1.4.x) - is Chinese unofficial continuation of SMBX)

I'm support:
Image
Image
Image


Image
P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1700
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: PGE Project thread (Editor v0.3.1.15, Engine v0.3.1)

Postby PopYoshi » Fri May 31, 2019 7:10 pm

Wohlstand wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 7:03 pm
PopYoshi wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 6:52 pm
I'm starting to believe that the "Personalizado" option in "Herramientas de nivel" is part of the theme too, because I was using the PGE that comes with SMBX2. I need help, I don't want to keep looking for my custom graphics in "Show Custom Elements" and when I want a legacy item I have to return and again go to show custom elements, it's annoying :<
Oh, yeah, since some moment I have reworked the toolbox and instead of "[Personalizado]" category I have made the settings menu (a wrench icon) to toggle showing defaults only, custom only, etc. that allows to use categories per those things, adds ability to change sorting type, sorting order, more search criterias, etc. Did you used Beta3? Yeah, that's pretty ancient PGE Editor in it, and it's most buggy. The checkbox inside [wrench] menu is the same as [Personalizado] category, it was just moved into the new place. Do you want to remember the state of "Mostar elementos personalizados" to don't reset every level switch, etc.?
It was more comfortable, just that. At least for me it was easier to navigate because I had the legacy items and the custom items in a whole menu through categories, but Mostrar Elementos Personalizados only shows the custom items but not along the legacy items
So I have to switch to the default items and when I want the custom items I have to click in the wrench again
It isn't anything big, but the [Personalizado] category made navigation through items quick
Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1671
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:44 pm
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881
Contact:

Re: PGE Project thread (Editor v0.3.1.15, Engine v0.3.1)

Postby Wohlstand » Fri May 31, 2019 7:13 pm

Anything "legacy items" is not a part of PGE Editor itself, it's the just a name of category created inside SMBX2's config pack to specify elements are legacy in SMBX's itemset.
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon
Image

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!
LunaLua
LunaLUA - is a LUA scripting add-on for a LunaDLL

My Media:
My MIDI-music
Pure HQ Music Pack for SMBX
Pure HQ Sound Pack for SMBX
SMBX OPL Sound pack (Created with Yamaha OPL chip and MIDI files)
SMBX38A is here
SMBX-38A download, help and support HERE (SMBX-38A (a.k.a. 1.4.x) - is Chinese unofficial continuation of SMBX)

I'm support:
Image
Image
Image


Image
P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1700
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: PGE Project thread (Editor v0.3.1.15, Engine v0.3.1)

Postby PopYoshi » Fri May 31, 2019 7:15 pm

Wohlstand wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 7:13 pm
Anything "legacy items" is not a part of PGE Editor itself, it's the just a name of category created inside SMBX2's config pack to specify elements are legacy in SMBX's itemset.
Still I think you get my point :b
Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4077
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: PGE Project thread (Editor v0.3.1.15, Engine v0.3.1)

Postby Cedur » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:30 am

PopYoshi: It's the style that comes with the most recent MaGLX3 version. I already said I don't like it compared to the prior Beta 3 style :>
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1700
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: PGE Project thread (Editor v0.3.1.15, Engine v0.3.1)

Postby PopYoshi » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:03 pm

Cedur wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:30 am
PopYoshi: It's the style that comes with the most recent MaGLX3 version. I already said I don't like it compared to the prior Beta 3 style :>
So... the version that beta 3 used was...?
Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1671
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:44 pm
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881
Contact:

Re: PGE Project thread (Editor v0.3.1.15, Engine v0.3.1)

Postby Wohlstand » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:26 pm

PopYoshi wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:03 pm
Cedur wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:30 am
PopYoshi: It's the style that comes with the most recent MaGLX3 version. I already said I don't like it compared to the prior Beta 3 style :>
So... the version that beta 3 used was...?
PGE Editor 0.3.1.11 that was in Beta3 is a worst and most buggy version of Editor that was. However, categories of items are NOT a part of Editor itself, they are part of config pack (that you can find in the "configs/" folder), and settings in files of config pack are only declaring categories and groups of elements you'll can see in the Editor.
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon
Image

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!
LunaLua
LunaLUA - is a LUA scripting add-on for a LunaDLL

My Media:
My MIDI-music
Pure HQ Music Pack for SMBX
Pure HQ Sound Pack for SMBX
SMBX OPL Sound pack (Created with Yamaha OPL chip and MIDI files)
SMBX38A is here
SMBX-38A download, help and support HERE (SMBX-38A (a.k.a. 1.4.x) - is Chinese unofficial continuation of SMBX)

I'm support:
Image
Image
Image


Image
P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1700
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: PGE Project thread (Editor v0.3.1.15, Engine v0.3.1)

Postby PopYoshi » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:36 pm

Welp, I'll see what I do. Personally I didn't find a single bug in that version
Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1671
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:44 pm
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881
Contact:

Re: PGE Project thread (Editor v0.3.1.15, Engine v0.3.1)

Postby Wohlstand » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:45 pm

PopYoshi wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:36 pm
Welp, I'll see what I do. Personally I didn't find a single bug in that version
PGE Editor 0.3.1.11 had a LOT OF bugs include various crashes and others. The example is that sceneries on world map will be aligned incorrectly. Or some glitches are may happen while you doing undo/redo. I had lot of reports since first Beta3 release about crashes and unstable work. I have fixed everything of that.

Anyway, especially for you I'll quote the changelog of what was changed after 0.3.1.11+:
Spoiler: show
Editor 0.3.2-dev
- Added experimental support for element Extra Settings (Levels only)
- Config pack is able to specify the default file format
- When SMBX64 formats are default, the strict mode is turned on in untitled files
- Added Chinese translation by 快乐爱的小精灵
- Added safer file saving strategy
- Fixed imperfection that allows to use level file selector in the untitled world map file
- Added an ability to hide or disable certain field or feature from the config pack
- Added Dutch translation by Gameinsky
- LunaTester now is cross-platform and no more needs 32-bit Editor on Windows for a work (`LunaLoader-exec.exe` module is required)

Editor 0.3.1.15
- Tilesets item box: ComboBox of groups has been replaced with a tab-bar and the right-side menu
- Added weight order factor for tileset groups
- Player start points now aligning with 16x16 grid size
- Support for Legacy Editor level test run has been removed due to troubles produced by this very outdated thing
- Fixed the sync of the world map item box and the tool button
- Added an ability to declare default visibility of toolboxes visibility in the config pack main.ini
- Added showing of Background-ID in the level section backgrounds list
- Added the button into The Level Section Properties toolbox to open custom background config file
- Added ability to set default zoom on file open or create (In the Application Settings and Editor tab)
- Allow opening of multiple files by the file dialog executed from the "File -> Open" menu
- Added support for custom config side animation sequence for BGO, Terrain tiles, Sceneries, Paths and level entrance points
- Improved sizable blocks rendering algorithm: now it supports customizable fixed-size border width (both common and for each side indididually)
- Added weight order factor for tileset categories
- Added search and configurable sort into The Tileset Editor
- Reworked filtering system on Level Item-Box
- Sizable blocks now supports an animated textures
- Added support for bitblit mask fallback (using default PNG to regenerate the missing mask)
- Resize box's grid size is now affecting by the grid override feature.
- Strict SMBX64 mode will be kept when restoring files after crash
- Fixed the spam of physical environment zones caused by history undo and redo
- Added support for grid offset for blocks
- Added support for Right-To-Left layout direction for Arabic, Hebrew, Persian, etc. languages
- Added an action for LunaTester to kill a running background instance
- Config pack reload will now save all opened files and restore them back after the reload
- Added ability to automatically restart editor on config pack switching
- Fixed a crash of the LunaTester when receiving an incorrect input from the LunaLua backend
- Added basic support for custom user data per every element on the level (Blocks, BGOs and NPCs only yet)

Editor 0.3.1.14
- Fixed a crash on attempt to load some NPC-*.txt files with incorrect values (for example, a grid size value that equal to zero)
- World map elements now supports "name" INI field
- Added ability to pass CSS file by theme to stylize UI of Editor (CSS Reference is here: http://doc.qt.io/Qt-5/stylesheet-reference.html)

Editor 0.3.1.13-1
- Added ability to transform blocks into BGOs and BGOs into blocks

Editor 0.3.1.13
- Fixed false alert about config pack invalidity when real error has occupied in the custom configs which are in the level custom folder
- Added message box which notifies about possible errors in the custom configs of the level or world map
- Added ability to override busy section while cloning
- Fixed an inability to setup default value for special spin-box value on NPC
- Added more detailed tooltip for elements in the item box hovered by the mouse cursor
- Added a tool tip showing on tileset item box elements
- Fixed the freeze caused by not killed level file digging thread
- Added an ability to run world map test via F5 key
- Fixed the weird bug that causes a junk placing while scrolling after double-click on the editing scene surface
- All frame delay values in all INI files are renamed from "framespeed" and "frame-speed" into "frame-delay". Old values kept as aliases. Except "framespeed" now has 1/65 unit while others have millisecond unit.
- Added an absolute Z-Value redefinition for BGOs in the INI configuration
- Custom item INI files no more requiring to have the section declaration at begin
- Added the absolute ~/Application/PGE Project alternate folder to escape path randomizing on macOS Sierra and higher
- Added ability to choose engine application in different folder if pge_engine does not exist in the same folder as editor
- Use physical hitboxes instead of bounding rectangles as grabbable area per every element
- Fixed crash caused by phantom R-Tree entries with dead pointer and zero size
- Fixed wrong initial frame for right direction of NPC when animation is disabled
- Section numbers are now counting from 0 (instead of counting from 1)
- Added ability to hide meta-signs shown over blocks and NPCs while export images
- Added ability to hide enabled grid while export images
- Added ability to hide invisible blocks while export images
- Added more physical environment types
- Physical environment zones are now grabbable by border line only again
- Fixed most of rendering artifacts are caused when animation is turned off
- Better view of "New" toolbar drop-down menu icon
- Fixed a retranslation of Vanilla-like toolbar
- Fixed inability to save tileset when forbidden file path characters are was typed
- Custom counters settings now saving into "settings" subfolder as all other settings INI files

Editor 0.3.1.12
- Added draggable splitter in the events toolbox
- Added ability to define fixed size for exportable section piece
- Fixed crash, caused by very small pictures (1 px height)
- Added preview counter of coins in the blocks
- Added direction arrows for warp points of pipe type
- Fixed in-bounds of section detection used by flood-fill algorithm
- Added ability to override grid size with custom
- Added ability to delete all elements of specified ID
- Fixed toolboxes visibility management
- Fixed bug in default grid snapping value applying
- Added a vanilla-like toolbar which will be shown when SMBX-Like GUI will be requested
- Added item type global grid field in the lvl_blocks, lvl_bgo, lvl_npc, wld_levels, wld_paths, wld_scenery and wld_tiles INIs
- Added welcome dialog for newbies
- Get characters information from lvl_characters.ini instead of main.ini!
- Fixed missed "modified" mark on elements deleting
- Fixed the focus stealing in the "don't show properties box" mode
- Better nearest section detection calculation by position bookmarks
- Fixed some missed "file modified" triggers
- Fixed confused events history tracking
- Added a scroll area into "Warps and Doors" toolbox
- LunaTester's test launcher menu item now inserting before regular PGE Engine's test launcher in config packs which are requesting usage of the legacy engine as default testing engine.
- Added ability to disable OpenGL in the LunaTester to allow using it on the old machines.
- Added a warning message on attempt to start LunaTester on the world map.
patch 1
- Attempt to fix mode of scale on the HighDPI screens
- Fixed a bug caused duplicated ArrayID value by physical environment zones (after copy-pasting)
- Fixed support of tilesets with the same title name
patch 2
- More friendly file testing menu for LunaTester users
- Fixed accidentally broken search engine
- Fixed initial window size on OS X
- Initial state of editor's window will be maximized
- Fixed too tall result message box after SoX audio converter working
- Added ability to disable OpenGL in the LunaTester
- Fixed some crashes
- Updated built-in fixer of the lazily-made masks to be compared with new algorithm
- Updated console tools API to support updated API of GIFs2PNG, PNG2GIFs, and LazyFixTool (which now are using "tclap" as arguments parser)
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon
Image

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!
LunaLua
LunaLUA - is a LUA scripting add-on for a LunaDLL

My Media:
My MIDI-music
Pure HQ Music Pack for SMBX
Pure HQ Sound Pack for SMBX
SMBX OPL Sound pack (Created with Yamaha OPL chip and MIDI files)
SMBX38A is here
SMBX-38A download, help and support HERE (SMBX-38A (a.k.a. 1.4.x) - is Chinese unofficial continuation of SMBX)

I'm support:
Image
Image
Image


Image
P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: thegameseum and 8 guests