PGE Project thread (Editor v0.3.1.15, Engine v0.3.1)

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Mehwish
Goomba
Goomba

Re: PGE Project thread (Editor v0.3.1.15, Engine v0.3.1)

Postby Mehwish » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:13 am

Yes Wholstan I agree with point. You must place your individual levels (out of the episode) into the "/sdcard / PGE project / worlds" folder, and they will be shown in the ran game "Spiellevel" menu. Episodes are organized like SMBX, placed in the same folder for "worlds." They will be shown on the single game;);
twitter font changer, you can simply type the text that you want to change the font into a cool

jumpykrusty
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby jumpykrusty » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:05 pm

Cedur wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:04 pm
FatPootis wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:27 pm
Is this compatible with SMBX 2 ?
It's literally incorporated in SMBX2.
If so, are PGE and SMBX2 still being developed separately? (and if so, why and what's the situation?) Or is SMBX2 basically a continuation of PGE? If I want to download and play the episodes found on this forum, how do I decide whether to run them with PGE or SMBX2?

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: 狐エンジニア
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881

Postby Wohlstand » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:20 pm

jumpykrusty wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:05 pm
Cedur wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:04 pm
FatPootis wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:27 pm
Is this compatible with SMBX 2 ?
It's literally incorporated in SMBX2.
If so, are PGE and SMBX2 still being developed separately? (and if so, why and what's the situation?) Or is SMBX2 basically a continuation of PGE? If I want to download and play the episodes found on this forum, how do I decide whether to run them with PGE or SMBX2?
PGE Project was founded long before SMBX2, in 2014. SMBX2 was founded later, in 2016'th year. PGE Project mainly has own independent development flow, and it's not just Editor, there are several apps and tools are part of PGE Project: https://github.com/WohlSoft/PGE-Project, and there are integrations and collaborations together with SMBX2 and PGE devkit. SMBX2 is a mod over original SMBX 1.3 bulid while PGE Project has own engine counterpart which is WIP now. PGE was founded with a goal to replace old SMBX at all.
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

jumpykrusty
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby jumpykrusty » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:01 pm

Wohlstand wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:20 pm
PGE Project was founded long before SMBX2, in 2014. SMBX2 was founded later, in 2016'th year. PGE Project mainly has own independent development flow, and it's not just Editor, there are several apps and tools are part of PGE Project: https://github.com/WohlSoft/PGE-Project, and there are integrations and collaborations together with SMBX2 and PGE devkit. SMBX2 is a mod over original SMBX 1.3 bulid while PGE Project has own engine counterpart which is WIP now. PGE was founded with a goal to replace old SMBX at all.
Thank you for explaining the similarities and differences between the PGE Project and SMBX2!

Based on this explanation, I can put an episode made for SMBX 1.3 into a PGE and it will play the same and just as well? But since SMBX2 is not exactly the same as PGE, episodes made for SMBX 2 might not work in PGE and vice versa, is that correct? And if so, are there episodes made specifically made for PGE (where do I find them?) and episodes made specifically made for SMBX2?

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:10 am

jumpykrusty wrote:Based on this explanation, I can put an episode made for SMBX 1.3 into a PGE and it will play the same and just as well? But since SMBX2 is not exactly the same as PGE, episodes made for SMBX 2 might not work in PGE and vice versa, is that correct? And if so, are there episodes made specifically made for PGE (where do I find them?) and episodes made specifically made for SMBX2?

PGE is the editor used by SMBX2. So the answer is the same as for your previous question of 1.3 compatibility in SMBX2. There is no episode made for "just one of these two things" because as of now they're pretty much coherently the same.

Just take note to not use the Alpha Tester in PGE, use the Lunatester instead.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:14 am

Wohlstand wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:20 pm
SMBX2 was founded later, in 2016'th year
Quite impressive feat of us to found it only after the first public version was released (2015).
The ABC of Creation

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: 狐エンジニア
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881

Postby Wohlstand » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:27 pm

Hello! I forgot to announce here, but I had already announced on multiple discord servers and at my twitter: https://twitter.com/Nvd5517/status/1234 ... 86401?s=19

An entire WohlSoft site is down due a strong trouble at my hosting provider called as "Masterhost". I did the full back up of all files and databases from wohlsoft and all subdomains on it, so, no worry, data is in safe. However, while the mainsite is down, SMBX2, SMBX38A and PGE downloads are unavailable now. I'll try to resume work of as soon as possible. Sorry you all for given inconveniences!
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

P4VL0VSKEY
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Flair: Creative
Current Project: Polish Translation for SMBX by 38A
Chat Username: P4VL0VSKEY

Calibrator: polish translation

Postby P4VL0VSKEY » Sun May 24, 2020 11:09 am

P4VL0VSKEY
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby P4VL0VSKEY » Mon May 25, 2020 6:04 am

Mehwish wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:13 am
Yes Wholstan I agree with point. You must place your individual levels (out of the episode) into the "/sdcard / PGE project / worlds" folder, and they will be shown in the ran game "Spiellevel" menu. Episodes are organized like SMBX, placed in the same folder for "worlds." They will be shown on the single game;);
I agree too.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Mon May 25, 2020 6:44 am

P4VL0VSKEY wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 6:04 am
Mehwish wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:13 am
I agree too.

I don't understand what this guy was talking about in the first place. Looking at grammar errors and the fact that they have an ad in their signature, I'm not even sure if this was a serious message.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

P4VL0VSKEY
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby P4VL0VSKEY » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:46 am

I'm using this and this is very cool thing. I like it, because it has a lot of content and new things like Airship (Vehicle). At begining I had a problem with Editor's construction and I don't knew where are some settings and NPCs, but I think that was good decision to change. Today, I use only this editor and I create my episodes using it. Great work Sir Wohlstand and I hope that you will upgrade this great project. :D :)

Gersix
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby Gersix » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:24 am

Anyway, it also looks like something related to history manager that remembers elements are was added/changed/removed to allow undo/redo your actions from any moment.

Return to “General”