About SMBX...

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Re: About SMBX...

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:54 pm

The only forum Cloud has been involved in that had any relation to the actual SMBX community was SMBXR.

His original forums started out with PMing every user of Knux's forums asking them to join, and then subsequently attracting a completely different crowd that had no relation to the SMBX community. I also don't doubt that Cloud said he doesn't want it to be a part of the community, but that's kind of moot because it never was anyway.

Raster
Banned
Current Project: The Invasion 3

Postby Raster » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:15 am

Joey wrote:
Raster wrote:It's been struggling.
Not really. While we've had members come and go, tons of people have been active every day for the past four years.
By that I didn't mean 'people stopped joining'. I'm saying the community had a very depressing atmosphere in 2013 due to the events that happened back then, and the arguments.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:55 pm

Community sucked in 2012 and 2013, no question.

I thought you meant with members, sorry.

CaptainCalamity
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Current Project: Calendar app for phones, various SMBX levels, general summer goals.
Chat Username: ADventuresVDO

Postby CaptainCalamity » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:18 pm

Technically, wouldn't this be the SMBX Forums Community? Because by definition, community means "a group of people living in the same place or having a particular characteristic in common." Seeing as it used the conjunction "or" instead of "and," the SMBX Forums Community would be people who registered here (somewhat noting the group of people living in the same place, like this is the home for the latest SMBX forum people), and the SMBX community would be everyone with a positive interest in SMBX (noting the characteristic in common).
Sub-mediocre level designer looking for feedback on levels.

"My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined."

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:34 am

CaptainCalamity wrote:Technically, wouldn't this be the SMBX Forums Community? Because by definition, community means "a group of people living in the same place or having a particular characteristic in common." Seeing as it used the conjunction "or" instead of "and," the SMBX Forums Community would be people who registered here (somewhat noting the group of people living in the same place, like this is the home for the latest SMBX forum people), and the SMBX community would be everyone with a positive interest in SMBX (noting the characteristic in common).
Eh, we've always called ourselves the SMBX community, even if it might be technically incorrect. Most SMBX players have probably joined SMBX forums at some point anyways.
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
previously Pseudo-dino but you probably guessed that yourself

come visit my YouTube channel, where I play games (including smbx)

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

My Switch friend code: 1353 - 7698 - 1308 (add me!)

so... i'm actually a girl

Natsu
Wart
Wart
Current Project: It's a secret to everybody ...
Chat Username: Kuma-san

Postby Natsu » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:00 am

Not just that, many people might have even joint just to gather some material for their own projects which they might even have decided to cancel. If we're going to point out reasons por people to join the forums we would probably have an endless list we might not even finish.

The community will have as much members as it shall, if new members join (and stay active) and the forum starts to grow bigger and bigger means that SMBX has not died yet, because it's existence keeps getting known all over the world (you see, Sednaiur is Chinese (I think) and he's been using it for quite a while). Even if there're no more SMBX releases, as long as the community doesn't die, SMBX won't. That's the strong bond between them both.
Discord quotes
Trace: You're a capable boi

zCrystallite
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby zCrystallite » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:52 pm

I really hope the community grows, I actually love SMBX and I can see it continuing on. I think we (the community) are in charge of whether or not it slowly dies over time. As long as we're willing to put the effort in to make kickass episodes and levels that spark interest or get mentioned, and get it out there via social medias or youtube or whatever, there's plenty of potential newcomers.

Right now I'm actually working on a full episode, I should probably post a level soon, heh.
Natsu wrote:Not just that, many people might have even joint just to gather some material for their own projects which they might even have decided to cancel. If we're going to point out reasons por people to join the forums we would probably have an endless list we might not even finish.

The community will have as much members as it shall, if new members join (and stay active) and the forum starts to grow bigger and bigger means that SMBX has not died yet, because it's existence keeps getting known all over the world (you see, Sednaiur is Chinese (I think) and he's been using it for quite a while). Even if there're no more SMBX releases, as long as the community doesn't die, SMBX won't. That's the strong bond between them both.
^ pretty much this as well.

Return to “General”