Dino Contest #2 RESULTS ARE IN!

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Re: Dino Contest #2 LOOKING FOR A REPLACEMENT JUDGE.

Postby PixelPest » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:18 pm

Orochimaru wrote:I'm pissed off to the fact that I was disqualified due to the fact that PixelPest(Cosmik) could not download my level. I'll make an episode and one of the levels is gonna be in the next dino contest thing, and oh, you BETTER NOT DISQUALIFY ME for the same stupid reason. Just sayin' nuff said.
An invalid file is an invalid file. That's completely out of my control. If LordYoshi999 had been able to download it he could have sent me the file, which is what would have happened in a perfect world. (I'm not sure why it didn't happen in ours.)

Anyway:
Spoiler: show
Good luck in the next contest.

Taker
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: take the dead to

Postby Taker » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:38 pm

PixelPest wrote:
Orochimaru wrote:I'm pissed off to the fact that I was disqualified due to the fact that PixelPest(Cosmik) could not download my level. I'll make an episode and one of the levels is gonna be in the next dino contest thing, and oh, you BETTER NOT DISQUALIFY ME for the same stupid reason. Just sayin' nuff said.
An invalid file is an invalid file. That's completely out of my control. If LordYoshi999 had been able to download it he could have sent me the file, which is what would have happened in a perfect world. (I'm not sure why it didn't happen in ours.)

Anyway:
Good luck in the next contest.

My signature is my reaction to this after I commit suicide by jumping in a pile of molten metal.

LordYoshi999
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Current Project: none
Chat Username: hmmm I wonder

Postby LordYoshi999 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:14 pm

SuperMario12345 wrote:Could I be a Replacement Judge?
Yeah, I'll PM you the levels ASAP
sorry nothing to see here

LordYoshi999
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Re: Dino Contest #2 RESULTS ARE IN!

Postby LordYoshi999 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:01 pm

Hey everybody check out the results, and to see who won ;)

Now join DC 3
go
lel
Anyways, when I'm done with the hub, i'll release the episode, in the episodes forum, obviously
be excited!

WerewolfGD
Wart
Wart
Flair: Daily life of Alagirez
Current Project: Questioning my life
Chat Username: Alagirez

Postby WerewolfGD » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:42 am

u gave me a good cookie gift -_-
---- i like my position----------
see you on DC3.

A former SMBX level designner
If you want to to talk with me, go here : Alagirez#2056
Also a furry

YT Channel |MxW2 for those who wants it
My osu! Profile | My twitter

Awooo!

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Current Project: TBA ;)

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:12 am

The SMB3 coins were placed there by mistake and I wanted to make it easy and not so stressful.
The boss was a big bother since its hitbox was a Mmother brain and that npcs goes nowhere when I set the speed.
Now I feel like I should just stop at CC12 and just...

@SuperMario12345: Hey! Your level reached 83rd in CC11 an mine reached 71rst so I don't know what your'e complaining about.

You know what?
Dino Contest 3 and CC12 might be last contests I participate in if everyone is going to tell me it is afwul and telling me to improve without telling me where to improve on.
I'm the least popular one here so you know what, don't expect anything from me after my project and such for a very long time!
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!
Do you love Villagers? I know I do!
(Image is not by me)
Will Toad truly get an actual project, will something happen who knows?
OR

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:10 am

Ness-Wednesday wrote:@SuperMario12345: Hey! Your level reached 83rd in CC11 an mine reached 71rst so I don't know what your'e complaining about.
He's not complaining, he's giving you critique in hopes of motivating you to work on your level design. His level placed low because it was so long and unfair; your's placed low because the level design was horrifically bad. Don't get angry at judges, they're just doing their job; there's really no reason to compare their reviews to their levels since there's really no relation. It makes you look bad and everyone else ticked off.
And there's no reason to make any challenges or bets since no one really cares. Work on honing your level design skills instead. And all of the judges in this contest gave you constructive criticism, so don't complain that no one's giving you any help to improve.
Last edited by PixelPest on Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:27 am

Ness-Wednesday wrote: Dino Contest 3 and CC12 might be last contests I participate in if everyone is going to tell me it is afwul and telling me to improve without telling me where to improve on.
The reviews for this contest and CC11 do give you points on where to improve on.

Also is it just me or are the judges for this contest WAY too fixated on nitpicking about graphics?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Current Project: TBA ;)

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:49 pm

PixelPest wrote:
Ness-Wednesday wrote:@SuperMario12345: Hey! Your level reached 83rd in CC11 an mine reached 71rst so I don't know what your'e complaining about.
He's not complaining, he's giving you critique in hopes of motivating you to work on your level design. His level placed low because it was so long and unfair; your's placed low because the level design was horrifically bad. Don't get angry at judges, they're just doing their job; there's really no reason to compare their reviews to their levels since there's really no relation. It makes you look bad and everyone else ticked off.
And there's no reason to make any challenges or bets since no one really cares. Work on honing your level design skills instead. And all of the judges in this contest gave you constructive criticism, so don't complain that no one's giving you any help to improve.
I just hate it when people say things like "You need improvement" or "This is awful" and such without giving any helpful tips.
Thus, I don't think someone who is bad at levels would be able to improve anyways meaning that I would suck forever! :(
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!
Do you love Villagers? I know I do!
(Image is not by me)
Will Toad truly get an actual project, will something happen who knows?
OR

LordYoshi999
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby LordYoshi999 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:25 pm

Ness-Wednesday wrote:
PixelPest wrote:
I just hate it when people say things like "You need improvement" or "This is awful" and such without giving any helpful tips.
Thus, I don't think someone who is bad at levels would be able to improve anyways meaning that I would suck forever! :(
Doing that would make reviews 17 paragraphs okay.
Also don't feel bad, you still have a chance in DC 3!

Again, enji we're not asking for your opinion.
And plus don't all judges do that

Nien
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Nien » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:54 pm

LordYoshi999 wrote:Again, enji we're not asking for your opinion.
cant flim flam this zim zam
LordYoshi999 wrote: And plus don't all judges do that
AYY LMAO

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:16 pm

Enjl wrote:
Ness-Wednesday wrote: Dino Contest 3 and CC12 might be last contests I participate in if everyone is going to tell me it is afwul and telling me to improve without telling me where to improve on.
The reviews for this contest and CC11 do give you points on where to improve on.

Also is it just me or are the judges for this contest WAY too fixated on nitpicking about graphics?
I think it was just that some of the graphics stood out as being really awful so they were mentioned by all of the judge's reviews. I personally try to look more at level design than graphics although in this contest both were quite bad in some levels.

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:31 pm

Enjl wrote:Also is it just me or are the judges for this contest WAY too fixated on nitpicking about graphics?
I think a two or three of the levels contained major graphical flaws and "Koopa Troopa Liberation" was all about the graphics, so there were some necessary comments about that. I have to agree though, some of the judges really focused too much on the graphics and not on level design, NPC placement, atmosphere, etc. I always try to balance my reviews and if you look at any of the reviews I give in the levels forum, I always way Level Design 70% and Graphics/Music 30%. Even though I may have said a lot about graphics in my reviews here, my ratings for the most part reflect the level design, etc. with the exception of Koopa Troopa Liberation.
Was that really necessary? Doesn't everyone share their opinions on this community? I didn't think you actually have to be PERMITTED by the topic's owner to share your opinion on a public forum.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:29 am

Where can I get my certificate?
LordYoshi999 wrote:And plus don't all judges do that
No they don't. Just check the reviews for CC11. For each review cherry-picked by you to prove your point, I'll be able to find a dozen proving mine.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

DarkWolf658
Pokey
Pokey
Current Project: Super Mario World: The Next Adventure

Postby DarkWolf658 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:09 pm

I got around what I thought I would get. I'll work on better non nsmb graphics and make the level longer before i consider releasing it.
Yay! I have had smbx for 2 years! :)
Follow the Blue Link Road
My Mario Kart Drivers License
Friend me on Wiimmfi
Stuff I support:
Quotes and Stuff from the Ancient IRC
* Joey ([email protected]/staff/Joey) has joined
<Joey> uh...
<Joey> okay
* Joey ([email protected]/staff/Joey) has left (bye)

<Flame> 15 minutes could save you 15% or more on meme insurance

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:24 pm

LordYoshi999 wrote: Floral Flirt Volcanic: (by harvey36dice) [Score - 7.7]
Ly999: 8.4. I also feel as the yoshi in this level doesn't really fit, I mean by the color if you used me(red yoshi) it would of fit nicer.
Why is this even in the review? It's totally useless as the color of the Yoshi shouldn't matter.
>ENJI
>>ENJI

Yeah man people shouldn't be allowed to post their own options on a forum. Fuck freespeech.

Nien
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Nien » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:28 pm

do we have the right to declare this contest a disaster yet

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:35 pm

This topic was requested to be locked.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

Return to “General”