SMBX VS Super Mario Maker - What Do You Think?

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Snowburger
Ripper II
Ripper II

Re: SMBX VS Super Mario Maker - What Do You Think?

Postby Snowburger » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:55 pm

Valtteri wrote:They shouldn't be compared. Super Mario Maker is supported by Nintendo and really, professionalism-wise, Super Mario Maker will beat SMBX hands down. But the customization possibilities in SMBX are nice.
Agreed.
Insert IRC quotes here.
Previously know as Snowburger

I support:

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:37 am

SuperMario12345 wrote:Random stuff
It's easy to build a level in mm. And wow no smb2 stuff did you ever heard about dlcs? What if they add those stuff just later. Insanly hard levels? This community isn't really otherwise with that.

Imo this thread should just die to prevent anymore shit tbh. Most posts are showing the true side again.

Snowburger
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Snowburger » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:42 am

Yeah,please could we just lock this now?
Insert IRC quotes here.
Previously know as Snowburger

I support:

CraZyBoY69
Bit
Bit

Postby CraZyBoY69 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:51 pm

Radishl wrote:SMBX allows you to do alot more.

It allows you to modify and customize npc's

and it allows you to make episodes and events.

Super Mario Maker doesnt stand a chance, even though it's mechanic's are better.
Agree, and no custom boss.
I choose both but i more choose SMBX <3
My Project list will coming soon
Spoiler: show
???
Do you have Steam?
add if you want.

12 days for school, 18 days for new pc. Image

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:49 pm

custom boss or anything being custom is not imo a legit reason and most posts are about custom smbx. Just my opinion about this whole "yeah smbx has custom stuff mm doesn't how lame" Good to know nobody remembers how good vanilla stuff can be.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:10 pm

They both have their ups and downs, so I wouldn't call either better than the other.

BowserThunder
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

What do you like better? SMBX or SMM?

Postby BowserThunder » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:51 pm

Super Mario Bros X and Super Mario Maker are both creator games, what do you like better?

Super Mario Maker features stuff like shell helmets, supersized enemies, and even Mario Paint's Gnat Attack minigame

Super Mario Bros X does feature none of that. Although it has Battle Mode and co-op.

Super Mario Maker uses NES graphics and music for SMB1 and SMB3.

Super Mario Bros X uses SNES graphics and music for SMB1, SMB2, and SMB3.

SMBX 1.4 (used to be fake, but now its not, not made by the SMBX team ether) has powerups like Blue Shell, Frog Suit, and the Mega Mushroom.

Super Mario Maker has none of that.

SMBX uses SMW tape as checkpoints.

SMM uses checkpoint flags as checkpoints (latest version)

SMBX lacks the flag exits although has a inventory.

SMM has the flag exit for SMB1 and NSMBU but lacks the inventory.

It may be hard to decide which game is better but I suggest Super Mario Maker.

Leave which game you like better in the comments below or at the poll at the top.

You can only pick 1 game on the poll, although it never ends and you can revote. :D

Here's some videos on the Spoiler bar below.

Left video made by bossedit8. Right video made by ❤Sunny❤
BowserThunder picture link: https://mega.nz/#!msNSUQgQ!jVLrQIQlGNik ... iRi6Iz5WjM

I captured Peach. She is in this spoiler box

Thank you Mario

Your quest is over

We present you a new quest

Press the button here to select a game
I transformed the king into Yoshi... I like yoshis.
Here's how you draw one.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Re: What do you like better? SMBX or SMM?

Postby TLtimelord » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:28 pm

Since your post was 90% "SMM has this and SMBX doesn't have it" I'll go your opposite way.

SMBX has slopes. SMM does not, at least from what I know.

In default, SMBX has a certain set of tiles from SMB1, SMB2, SMB3, SMW, LoZ2, and SM. Mario Maker has a same set of tiles in different styles for several mario games, most of which SMBX already has.

SMBX has the freedom of custom graphics. This gives a nearly endless choice of graphics from SNES, NES, DS, Sega, etc games across the board. Does SMM have that possibility?

How elaborate is SMM's event-related features, if it has any?

I've only mentioned 1.3/1.3.0.1 at this point.

With PGE, you can resize blocks.
I don't know what 1.4 has, but sounda like it's got a hell of a lot more than 1.3.
Now mentioning LunaLua. To sugarcoat it, the possibilities and features of Lua are virtually endless.

Don't think SMM has any side-versions or hacks to add an infinite amount more of features.

Think we all know the REAL winner. SMM has its merits, but it's still upwards of 50 USD, while SMBX is free.
The wall on which the prophets wrote
Is cracking at the seams
Upon the instruments of death
The sunlight brightly gleams
When every man is torn apart
With nightmares and with dreams
Will no one lay the laurel wreath
When silence drowns the screams

Bryan
Snifit
Snifit

Postby Bryan » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:09 am

This has nothing to do with SMBX.org.

Also, you are comparing a PC fan game to an official Wii U Nintendo game. There are things in one game that the other lacks and vice versa. Personally, I admire and believe both are great games. There are certain traits that make SMBX better but in the end you're comparing it to an official Mario game? Of course their is going to be better things on an official Nintendo title.

Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Pseudo » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:11 am

I've merged your thread with an existing one in SMBX General, BowserThunder.

The SMBX.org forum is for discussion of this website and the forums, not SMBX the game, by the way.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Mosaic
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.

Postby Mosaic » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:16 am

Why do new people always say what do you think is better? SMBX or SMM? They honestly should stop comparing the games and it's just gotten
annoying at this point, This is why brand new members that have only been on the forums for like a day annoy me because they are always asking questions about SMBX, wonder why there is no starman,
Ask if SMBX will be getting anymore updates, and the most annoying thing is when they make useless posts because
they don't read the rules. So I agree with Swinder, could this topic please be locked?

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord Server, where I update on my streams, writing, and anything else I may be up to.

Cancelled...but not forgotten...

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

Bryan
Snifit
Snifit

Postby Bryan » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:22 am

SuperMario12345 wrote:Why do new people always say what do you think is better? SMBX or SMM? They honestly should stop comparing the games and it's just gotten
annoying at this point, This is why brand new members that have only been on the forums for like a day annoy me because they are always asking questions about SMBX, wonder why there is no starman,
Ask if SMBX will be getting anymore updates, and the most annoying thing is when they make useless posts because
they don't read the rules. So I agree with Swinder, could this topic please be locked?
Hey lighten up man! I mean people do have the right to discuss appropriate subjects like this. I understand your frustration about new members asking about what SMBX does and does not have, but I mean a lot of them actually might not know SMBX is no longer being worked on, I mean they are new after all. But your points don't have any relevance to the subject of this topic.

Also, it's odd you insult new members when you're are kind of new to the community as well man.

Mosaic
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Mosaic » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:41 am

Bryan wrote:
SuperMario12345 wrote:Why do new people always say what do you think is better? SMBX or SMM? They honestly should stop comparing the games and it's just gotten
Hey lighten up man! I mean people do have the right to discuss appropriate subjects like this. I understand your frustration about new members asking about what SMBX does and does not have, but I mean a lot of them actually might not know SMBX is no longer being worked on, I mean they are new after all. But your points don't have any relevance to the subject of this topic.

Also, it's odd you insult new members when you're are kind of new to the community as well man.
I'm talking about members that have only been here for a day or 2.
Also, i'm not really that new, i have been here for like 8 months.
I know that they have the right to discuss it and stuff, i'm not saying they don't. And I get that new members might not know about it and stuff, but i was just
saying that it was a little annoying,That new people one of the first things they do is ask how to do something without
introducing them stuff first.

Anyway, back on-topic I think that SMBX is better than Mario maker and honestly this shouldn't have been an argument in
the first place because they are both different things. Mario Maker is owned by Nintendo and SMBX isn't. So it could end up being better than
SMBX.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord Server, where I update on my streams, writing, and anything else I may be up to.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:52 am

None of them is better then the other one. They both have up and downsides like someone already said here.

They bot editors, one a fan one the other official, both have ups and downs and both are imo good. IDT one is better then the other one as i like both of them.

Come at me smbx fanboys

h2643
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: Украинец

Postby h2643 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:02 am

Personally I would never waste my money to buy a more limited editor, when I have a more advanced one on my PC for free. I also don't own a Wii U and the game is really really really REALLY expensive here. 60 dollars?? Come on, our average salary here is much less than that!

Bryan
Snifit
Snifit

Postby Bryan » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:37 am

SuperMario12345 wrote:
I'm talking about members that have only been here for a day or 2.
Also, i'm not really that new, i have been here for like 8 months.
I know that they have the right to discuss it and stuff, i'm not saying they don't. And I get that new members might not know about it and stuff, but i was just
saying that it was a little annoying,That new people one of the first things they do is ask how to do something without
introducing them stuff first.

Anyway, back on-topic I think that SMBX is better than Mario maker and honestly this shouldn't have been an argument in
the first place because they are both different things. Mario Maker is owned by Nintendo and SMBX isn't. So it could end up being better than
SMBX.
Based on how old the community is, 8 months is not a long time, so you are kind of new here lol.

Nonetheless, like you said they've only been here two days. Let them understand how the forum operates first. You just want to pick on new members don't you? I doubt you didn't act the same way when you were new. Immature new members? I think the only person being childish is you, by bringing this up.

Anyways,
Bryan wrote:Also, you are comparing a PC fan game to an official Wii U Nintendo game.
And h2643 is right, it is a "limited" editor. Perhaps, they might add more customization options in the future.

Mosaic
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Mosaic » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:33 am

Bryan wrote:
Based on how old the community is, 8 months is not a long time, so you are kind of new here lol.

Nonetheless, like you said they've only been here two days. Let them understand how the forum operates first. You just want to pick on new members don't you? I doubt you didn't act the same way when you were new. Immature new members? I think the only person being childish is you, by bringing this up.
What are you taking about? I'm not trying to pick on new members all i said was that they annoy me sometimes.
I didn't call them immature at all, now your just making things up. I didn't even call them childish, And then you call me
childish for bringing this up? That doesn't make any since. Also this community is like about 2 years old so how long would
you have to be here for someone to be considered not being new? Because if you think about, soon the community will be 3 years old
and you'll still call me new because the community is older, so stop trying make me sound like a goddamn evil person I
hate when people do that.

And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:36 am

This forum is almost 3 years old the community exists way longer...

Bryan
Snifit
Snifit

Postby Bryan » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:40 am

SuperMario12345 wrote:
What are you taking about? I'm not trying to pick on new members all i said was that they annoy me sometimes.
I didn't call them immature at all, now your just making things up. I didn't even call them childish, And then you call me
childish for bringing this up? That doesn't make any since. Also this community is like about 2 years old so how long would
you have to be here for someone to be considered not being new? Because if you think about, soon the community will be 3 years old
and you'll still call me new because the community is older, so stop trying make me sound like a goddamn evil person I
This community is two years old? In what planet lol.

It's actually over 5 years old. So what if they annoy you, just keep it to yourself, you don't have to make it public. I'm stressing that what you're saying is immature.
Last edited by Bryan on Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mosaic
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Mosaic » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:43 am

Bryan wrote:
SuperMario12345 wrote:
This community is two years old? In what planet lol.

It's actually over 5 years old. Also, if it annoys you then keep it to yourself, you don't have to make it public. Nobody cares. I'm not trying to make you sound like an evil person, I'm trying to stress why what you are saying is purely immature. If you don't like something just keep to yourself, don't make a public speech about it.
I meant this forum is 2 years old, not the entire community and I have actually been in the community since Knux's forum and i went under a different name at
the time. So I'm actually not that new lol.

And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels

Return to “General”